Jump to content
Sakebee

Halloween Patch Announcement

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone,

 

A new patch is going up onto the Live servers for PC. This patch will be happening on Wednesday 10/21/2020. The Patch is scheduled to start at 9 AM UTC and will last up to 6 hours. Console will have its normal maintenance starting at 9 AM UTC as well.

 

OVERVIEW

They say that fear is the best spice… or is it supposed to be hunger? As cold winds blow through the streets of San Paro, we can’t say no to some pumpkin spice with the Headless Horseman, Pumpkin Hunting, and Trick and Treat events! Not only will these events return, but we are introducing three new weapon skins, new titles, some additional weapon balance changes, and some community costumes into the Joker Store! It’s a spooky big patch this Wednesday, Oct 21st, so you should definitely check out our blog for full details!

 

PC CHANGES/FIXES

 

General

  • Added the Headless Horseman, Pumpkin Hunting, and Trick and Treat events
  • Added the Occult and Spaceman weapon skins
  • Halloween Mayhem Costume winners to be added Oct 28th

 

Weapon Changes

  • Colby SNR 850
    • Health Damage: 300 -> 334
  • OBIR and FFA
    • Sprint Delay: 0.675 -> 0.4
  • Colby CSG-20
    • Stamina Damage: 20 -> 11 (231)
  • R-2 ‘Harbinger’
    • Marksmanship Speed: 139 -> 275
    • Recovery Delay: 0.45 -> 0.3
  • Firework Launcher
    • Health Damage: 600 -> 400
  • Epinephrine Injector
    • Cooldown: 45 -> 90
  • N-TEC-5 and N-TEC-Scope
    • Shot Modifier Cap: 2.0 -> 2.1

 

This post is cross-referenced in Game Updates for your convenience.

 

🐝 Sakebee

  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Sakebee said:

Weapon Changes

  • Colby SNR 850
    • Health Damage: 300 -> 334
  • OBIR and FFA
    • Sprint Delay: 0.675 -> 0.4
  • R-2 ‘Harbinger’
    • Marksmanship Speed: 139 -> 275
    • Recovery Delay: 0.45 -> 0.3

interesting changes, i look forward to testing these ingame

 

any info on the pumpkin rewards, or are they unchanged?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Sakebee said:

 

  • N-TEC-5 and N-TEC-Scope
    • Shot Modifier Cap: 2.0 -> 2.1

 

2 steps forward, 1 step back.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Flaws said:

2 steps forward, 1 step back.

Can't upset the ntec people ya know.

 

but sure, lower the "niche" firework damage even further.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Zolerox said:

but sure, lower the "niche" firework damage even further.

 

It was never supposed to be increased in the first place, it was accidentally increased in the Dev Gungame patch and has now been brought back to its INTENDED value.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Zolerox said:

Can't upset the ntec people ya know.

 

but sure, lower the "niche" firework damage even further.

it was a bug fix, did you even read the post?

Quote

The damage from the explosion of the Firework Launcher was reduced to the same as the explosion from the Flare Gun. This got accidentally changed during the Dev gun games. This fix brings the Firework Launcher back to its correct value.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Sakebee said:

Hello everyone,

 

A new patch is going up onto the Live servers for PC. This patch will be happening on Wednesday 10/21/2020. The Patch is scheduled to start at 9 AM UTC and will last up to 6 hours. Console will have its normal maintenance starting at 9 AM UTC as well.

 

OVERVIEW

They say that fear is the best spice… or is it supposed to be hunger? As cold winds blow through the streets of San Paro, we can’t say no to some pumpkin spice with the Headless Horseman, Pumpkin Hunting, and Trick and Treat events! Not only will these events return, but we are introducing three new weapon skins, new titles, some additional weapon balance changes, and some community costumes into the Joker Store! It’s a spooky big patch this Wednesday, Oct 21st, so you should definitely check out our blog for full details!

 

PC CHANGES/FIXES

 

General

  • Added the Headless Horseman, Pumpkin Hunting, and Trick and Treat events
  • Added the Occult and Spaceman weapon skins
  • Halloween Mayhem Costume winners to be added Oct 28th

 

Weapon Changes

  • Colby SNR 850
    • Health Damage: 300 -> 334
  • OBIR and FFA
    • Sprint Delay: 0.675 -> 0.4
  • Colby CSG-20
    • Stamina Damage: 20 -> 11 (231)
  • R-2 ‘Harbinger’
    • Marksmanship Speed: 139 -> 275
    • Recovery Delay: 0.45 -> 0.3
  • Firework Launcher
    • Health Damage: 600 -> 400
  • Epinephrine Injector
    • Cooldown: 45 -> 90
  • N-TEC-5 and N-TEC-Scope
    • Shot Modifier Cap: 2.0 -> 2.1

 

This post is cross-referenced in Game Updates for your convenience.

 

🐝 Sakebee

no changes on thumper?

 

😞

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 steps forward, 2 steps back.

Just LOL part 2.

 

Peoples are surely gonna play for couple titles which nobody will use after all.

Also bitching about the 4k JT's skin 😆, you think peoples are stu*id?

4k JT's for a poor designed skin like that.. just because there is a Spaceman doesn't mean it needs to be that expensive and "unique".

 

I wasn't surprised at all btw, seeing these generic things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, AlishaAzure said:

2 steps forward, 2 steps back.

Just LOL part 2.

 

Peoples are surely gonna play for couple titles which nobody will use after all.

Also bitching about the 4k JT's skin 😆, you think peoples are stu*id?

4k JT's for a poor designed skin like that.. just because there is a Spaceman doesn't mean it needs to be that expensive and "unique".

 

I wasn't surprised at all btw, seeing these generic things.

man every post you make sounds like someone pissed in your cereal 

 

people asked for a halloween event so we got a halloween event, on top of a potential final engine upgrade push

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

buff the Corona Coroner please

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, owzzy said:

buff the Corona Coroner please

buff thumper

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So... you're breaking the OCA with the last "balancing" changes....
And you're not even bothered fixing it this patch?!

Explain.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Cuve said:

So... you're breaking the OCA with the last "balancing" changes....
And you're not even bothered fixing it this patch?!

Explain.

Sure do miss arcade shooter APB, this is boring. Maybe it's time for me to uninstall

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

QH8cOYn.png

 

They still don't understand.

They'll never understand anything bout any weapon by the looks of it..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not much changes here, but finally buffs cometh, that's something.

 

Merged.

 

On 10/20/2020 at 1:59 AM, owzzy said:

buff the Corona Coroner please

I wish i could leave 100 likes to this...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sakebee said:
  • Colby SNR 850
    • Health Damage: 300 -> 334

THE DAY HAS COME!

 

but... I still don't think it can compete very well with FBW or .45 AP.... equip time is still higher than FBW (0.5s vs 0.3s), and accuracy is worse. but hey, at least snubnose is now on a 1.0s TTK like FBW. it's not completely useless anymore 🙂

Edited by Snubnose
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm still amazed LO keeps breaking the Ntec (and its variants) rather than accepting that it was one of the very few weapons that have been built properly, and that the other weapons should be equally as usable as the Ntec in their own ways.

How I see it is that the Ntec-5 (used to be) the jack of all trades but a master of none, and the Ntec-7 being very close to that with just a *slight* disadvantage in closer ranges and a *slight* advantage in longer ranges and looking way cooler (imo) than the Ntec-5.
The recent changes now is revolved around breaking the Ntec and trying to push it into a niche were it doesn't belong and where there are other variants of weapons that excel in those niches. Like how the Obeya now demolishes the Ntec-7 and how the FAR variants easily defeats the Ntec-5 in medium ranges and the Whisper now being the go to for closer ranges.

I understand that the Ntec was the meta for quite a while, and I believe it is because the weapon was actually consistent and usable, unlike so much other weapons that I really question its existence in the first place. And because of that, LO was keen on nerfing the meta in order to allow newer players to be able to join the game and have fun, but lets be real here. How many new players actually try apb and stick to it even after such changes keep coming over and over? How many games have metas and still have many players joining the game and having fun and be able to grow on the skill gap scale? Is removing metas actually a significant change compared to better game performance, game marketing, gfx improvements, better matchmaking, server performance, etc..? Especially in a game which breaking the weapon variety stability will only piss off current players but is insignificant to newer players because they don't feel compelled to the game (or don't even know about the game) due to a million other reasons.

Aside from actually a few wise decisions regarding weapon changes, I think you guys did enough damage and stop tinkering with the weapons hoping that new players would appreciate such changes.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AlishaAzure said:

.. 4k JT's skin 😆, you think peoples are stu*id?

4k JT's for a poor designed skin like that.. just because there is a Spaceman doesn't mean it needs to be that expensive and "unique".

 

I wasn't surprised at all btw, seeing these generic things.

>>For those who want something a bit more far out, we are also adding the Spaceman Skin to the Joker Store for 4000JT.

 

I agree that 4k is a lot for a event skin.  The future tech skin is also priced astronomical at 7k JT for something that was given away account-bound for comparatively little effort during the refer-a-friend promotion.

 

Another suggestion (seeing that the SNR is now 'meta' with 1s TTK) is to re-add the SNR PR1 back to ARMAS as a 'Limited' offer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Boba said:

I'm still amazed LO keeps breaking the Ntec (and its variants) rather than accepting that it was one of the very few weapons that have been built properly, and that the other weapons should be equally as usable as the Ntec in their own ways.

How I see it is that the Ntec-5 (used to be) the jack of all trades but a master of none, and the Ntec-7 being very close to that with just a *slight* disadvantage in closer ranges and a *slight* advantage in longer ranges and looking way cooler (imo) than the Ntec-5.
The recent changes now is revolved around breaking the Ntec and trying to push it into a niche were it doesn't belong and where there are other variants of weapons that excel in those niches. Like how the Obeya now demolishes the Ntec-7 and how the FAR variants easily defeats the Ntec-5 in medium ranges and the Whisper now being the go to for closer ranges.

I understand that the Ntec was the meta for quite a while, and I believe it is because the weapon was actually consistent and usable, unlike so much other weapons that I really question its existence in the first place. And because of that, LO was keen on nerfing the meta in order to allow newer players to be able to join the game and have fun, but lets be real here. How many new players actually try apb and stick to it even after such changes keep coming over and over? How many games have metas and still have many players joining the game and having fun and be able to grow on the skill gap scale? Is removing metas actually a significant change compared to better game performance, game marketing, gfx improvements, better matchmaking, server performance, etc..? Especially in a game which breaking the weapon variety stability will only piss off current players but is insignificant to newer players because they don't feel compelled to the game (or don't even know about the game) due to a million other reasons.

Aside from actually a few wise decisions regarding weapon changes, I think you guys did enough damage and stop tinkering with the weapons hoping that new players would appreciate such changes.

 

Feel like you're confusing the N-TEC 5 with the STAR 556.  The N-TEC has always been out of line, but the STAR is considered the only balanced gun in the game.  Not only labeled a jack of all trades (literally) but it does a bit of everything without being god awful or particularly strong.  Only real issue with the STAR is its moist sounding audio, otherwise a perfect gun.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, dr0zone said:

 re-add the SNR PR1 back to ARMAS as a 'Limited' offer. 

add it to the joker store, maybe? 🙂

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yaaaayy goood news for today!!!

Halloween again ❤️ I hope this time I can unlock the glowomg purple & orange bat/pumpkin weapon skins on my enfo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, owzzy said:

buff Corona Coroner, proszę

I want this 😍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...