Hello and welcome to the GamersFirst Forums!
Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with these basic rules of our GamersFirst Community Forums. They have been implemented to make sure that the forums promote a healthy, happy, and safe community.
- No Hate Speech Discriminatory language or comments towards certain groups (sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature)
- No Flaming – Refrain from language/comments that are antagonistic, derogatory, abusive, aggressive, confrontational, slanderous, or provocative.
- No Harassment Continued intimidation, pressurized, pestering or forceful remarks towards a member in public or in private, sexual or otherwise
- No Explicit Material Posting or linking to any explicit, pornographic or offensive media; such as sex, nudity or gore (this includes signatures & avatars)
- No Spam Nonsensical, one word or non-contributory posts, and double posting. Do not bump a topic unless needed. Off-Topic discussions should be in the appropriate board and may be moved as needed by a moderator.
- No Warez Discussing illegally obtained or pirated materials; such as games, software or other media.
- No Advertising Promoting your website, Twitch/Youtube channel or other services such as referral links by posting topics or DMing members (signature promotion is allowed)
- No Multiple Accounts A new account should only be made if there is a legit reason; members using another account to break rules or evade bans will be taken care of appropriately
- No Naming/Shaming If you believe someone is cheating please reach out to our support or to our GMs
- No talking about bans This is private information to the player itself, you should not be giving this information to other players. Please reach out to our support if this happens
What happens if I break the rules?
Breaking these rules will result in the following escalations:
- Reminder/Warning Mistakes are made. A mod will contact you and give you a warning so we can get back on track.
- Temporary Ban 72hrs, 1 week, and 1-month bans. Length of the ban is dependent on the nature of the incident and the frequency that the user has violated the rules. Temporary bans will only ban you from posting/PMing other members – but you will still be able to see the forums.
- Permanent Ban Forum account is permanently locked from G1 forums.
We retain records detailing each offense and the actions taken in response to inappropriate behaviors. Action taken is at the Moderator's discretion and judgment but is based on the severity of your rule violation, how often it may be occurring and your track record.
Can I petition a Temporary or Permanent Ban?
Temporary bans are used to help players “cool down” after several offenses or a specific larger offense. Users may petition a Permanent ban after 6 months and with careful consideration will be allowed back on the forums. We reserve the right to decline re-entry based on the severity of the offense, the player’s behavior, and the outlook of the individual player’s ability to reintegrate into the community.
We rely heavily on our community to flag posts, topics or members that break these rules using the Report system. We ask that you do not abuse this system as the abuse of it falls under Harassment. If you feel you are being harassed with the flagging system, please contact a moderator to help resolve the issue.
Use common sense and you will get along just fine. Please be aware that doing anything which is deemed illegal in the real world is not allowed on GamersFirst.
Again, welcome to the Forums and happy posting!
- Your G1 Team