An unpopular opinion:
I quite like the gamemode. I feel like there are still quite a few things that need to be improved however I often find myself having fun when playing the gamemode.
As for things that I think need to be looked at:
- The spawns
- When you respawn in RIOT, you're usually spawned into the 'gas' and your hazmat is instantly equipped and quite often the hazmat wont last you long enough to make it back to the safe area. Perhaps the hazmat isn't instantly consumed on respawn allowing you to get a little bit further by activating it later.
- There are also times where I have respawned right next to and enemy (This usually happens near the start of a match).
- Getting around the map
- I personally think that [[[some]]] vehicles should be added to the map such as the calibria and han veo. These cars mainly as their not extremely fast or tanky but still allow you to travel faster than running.
- The barriers seem quite inconsistent. Some can be jumped on top of by first jumping on the side whereas others just slide off the side.
- The weapons
- There are certain spots which can very difficult to attack without the help of explosive weapon or grenades. This is why I think grenades need to be added into the game, perhaps in the form of a pick-up item like normal weapons (however I don't know how easy/hard that would be to implement).
- I'm still having mixed feelings about being able to use your own weapons. At first I thought it was going to be a broken mechanic which allowed everyone to bring in their own "OP" loadouts, but after playing for quite some time now, the cost for bringing in your weapon seems to balance it out fairly well.