yourrandomnobody74

How to kill/nerf car gameplay, for good.

We've all come across it, in one way or another. You 85 a guy, he just instantly gets in a car and runs off. Or you get camped behind a car for days.

Well, my friend had an amazing idea to counter this, so I had to share it.

How about we add being able to shoot people in a car/through the car (through the windows)? Yes, I know it's a huge project to rework car hitboxes and the player hitboxes, but it's so worth it.

It's the perfect fix for this meta and it'll make the game more fun for everybody.

also, please make consumables permanent, the 5 for 2000$ price is so unappealing to new players (even for us veterans its stupid)

Edited by qb
  • Like 1

Likely never going to happen due to the fact that you would have to actually do / redo hitboxes for every car and car kit combination in the game as they can vastly change the positions of windows and or looks.

short answer: no

long answer: not happening

realistically shooting through vehicle windows would affect too many large parts of the game to be worth the (massive) effort coding this in would be - you'd have to rebalance guns somehow because more accurate guns now have a pretty large advantage, you'd have to rebalance every vehicle because vehicle hp would be largely irrelevant with maneuverability and speed getting prioritized, and you'd probably have to just outright remove any mission involving vehicle objectives because imo it would be nearly impossible to complete any kind of vehicle delivery against remotely competent opp

Edited by AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
typo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

you can't make brick into gem. just use osmaw.

• Like 1

From all the possible suggestions you chose the most unlikely and most widely denied one again...

Well yes, but actually no. APB has always been that way and has been balanced around it.

Car gameplay is still annoying as heck though.

Just make the player ragdoll like in GTA instead of instantly being out of the car and standing

• Like 2

I got some suggestions

1. just blow up the car...

2. kill him faster...

3. u can also "carplay" if u aren't able to counter it another way...

4. Shoot his feet (under the car)...

5. take out Osmaw or any other AV weapon and kill his car that often that he give up on this...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, qb said:

We've all come across it, in one way or another. You 85 a guy, he just instantly gets in a car and runs off. Or you get camped behind a car for days.

Well, my friend had an amazing idea to counter this, so I had to share it.

How about we add being able to shoot people in a car/through the car (through the windows)? Yes, I know it's a huge project to rework car hitboxes and the player hitboxes, but it's so worth it.

It's the perfect fix for this meta and it'll make the game more fun for everybody.

also, please make consumables permanent, the 5 for 2000$ price is so unappealing to new players (even for us veterans its stupid)

Let the guy run if he is scared fighting other people in pixels.....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheJellyGoo said:

From all the possible suggestions you chose the most unlikely and most widely denied one again...

still better (IMO) than making a whole new nade type (EMP's) just to counter car gameplay, thus them taking up your nade space and not being able to use them to nade people out. haven't really read any better suggestion, wouldnt be surprised if there is a better one in the suggestion forums. they're full of amazing ideas.

but hey, it's obvious they ain't doing this. they can't figure out what to do with consumables and weapon balancing, they don't even know how to optimize their own game. i don't expect them to do something monumental as this.

3 hours ago, GhosT said:

Well yes, but actually no. APB has always been that way and has been balanced around it.

Car gameplay is still annoying as heck though.

just because something has been a thing for a long time, doesn't mean it shouldn't be changed.

sometimes, big changes lead to big success. one can only dream lmao

2 hours ago, HighSociety said:

I got some suggestions

1. just blow up the car...

2. kill him faster...

3. u can also "carplay" if u aren't able to counter it another way...

4. Shoot his feet (under the car)...

5. take out Osmaw or any other AV weapon and kill his car that often that he give up on this...

thank you for teaching me how to outplay people!!!! much appreciated!!!

3 hours ago, -Dan- said:

Just make the player ragdoll like in GTA instead of instantly being out of the car and standing

tbh, don't think they should touch the ragdolls in apb. they're so good lmao

2 minutes ago, qb said:

tbh, don't think they should touch the ragdolls in apb. they're so good lmao

They'd be even better if you could yeet out of driving cars

I'd rather see more on foot player options to deal with cars rather than changes to cars themselves.

• Like 3

After the most recent balance change the more... obnoxious mobile tank carplay has been stunted, plus I don't see anything like this happening, nor would really want it... you could always tweak other aspects e.g. decrease the speed you enter and exit cars; change it to avoid people intentionally animation cancelling by parking too close to something (although doing that would make getting your car stuck inoperable and would be a pain, but something to consider for fair gameplay's sake)

Edited by Acornie
  • Like 1

Here's a dumb idea, make the HP scale with health, but with high HP cars having slower speeds and low HP cars faster speeds. Slap high burn on a Varzuga and it's ride or die.

1 hour ago, SquirrelFace said:

and low HP cars faster speeds.

the cisco would be the fastest car. the rate you'd speed down a block would be faster than the game would want to render itself heh

Due to the fact that the vehicle speed is so low, it will be so easily to track and kill enemy in the car. It will just cause a lot of unbalance especially on missions where you have to deliver a car. RTW could easily add that feature during developing but they didn't due to balance issues. In my opinion the best way either deal with it as a game feature like bhopping in source games or if the car entrance is blocked instead of instantly getting in the car it will wait for the same time as you normally gets in

Edited by Lign

On 1/26/2021 at 12:16 PM, Railgun said:

Let the guy run if he is scared fighting other people in pixels.....

The problem is that most times, when people "run" like that, they have a teammate or 3 spawn in the vehicle and charge back at you in a few seconds.

Car spawns are broke when it comes to how people abuse them, especially when it only takes 32/33m to spawn in one from an enemy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hitboxes wouldn't necessarily need to be altered if the whole car was made "transparent" for bullets. The only section of a car that has a chance of stopping a bullet, is the engine. Bullets travel through doors and such with ease, check out Demolition Ranch if you don't believe it.

APB could be like this:

John-Wick-Car-Chase-2014-HD.gif

1 hour ago, M72_LAW said:

Hitboxes wouldn't necessarily need to be altered if the whole car was made "transparent" for bullets. The only section of a car that has a chance of stopping a bullet, is the engine. Bullets travel through doors and such with ease, check out Demolition Ranch if you don't believe it.

APB could be like this:

[gif]

whether they alter hitboxes or implement an entirely new mechanic its still a massive amount of work that simply doesnt need to be done when "carplay" as it is now is relatively balanced, and can easily be further balanced by changing current vehicle stats

no one is worried about realism in a game where you can shove kevlar under your skin like breast implants 

im not sure you meant it to but the gif you've posted shows the peak negatives of apb carplay: someone using their car to minimize the risk while they bumrush enemies caught in the open and who cant fight back - thats the kind of gameplay we should be attempting to avoid imo, not encourage

Edited by AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Just because veteran players have adapted to how cars are designed in this game doesn't excuse how bad this aspect of the game is and has been. Just because other aspects of the game are "balanced to compensate for it" or "balanced around it" shouldn't excuse it either. Proposing band-aid solutions does not address the core issues that make this game feel underdeveloped as it has been since release. Such propositions are a plea for any action instead of proper actions. Tweaks and value adjustments wouldn't drive this game closer to the vision that attracted us as players, they just maintain the minimal level of expectation we've grown accustomed to. This game needs several major overhauls and cars are just one of many.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, iMiss said:

Just because veteran players have adapted to how cars are designed in this game doesn't excuse how bad this aspect of the game is and has been. Just because other aspects of the game are "balanced to compensate for it" or "balanced around it" shouldn't excuse it either. Proposing band-aid solutions does not address the core issues that make this game feel underdeveloped as it has been since release. Such propositions are a plea for any action instead of proper actions. Tweaks and value adjustments wouldn't drive this game closer to the vision that attracted us as players, they just maintain the minimal level of expectation we've grown accustomed to. This game needs several major overhauls and cars are just one of many.

Ah yes. The excuse that casual players don't have to adapt to things that happen in the game.

Would be neat if we could pull people out of cars like we can with random NPC's.

I have no idea if that thought pertains to this thread in any capacity at all. Nor if it would be feasible, or let alone something actually good and/or fun for the game. Just a random thought I felt like spewing out. Enjoy.

• Like 1

On 1/26/2021 at 4:56 PM, LilyRain said:

unknown.png

6.png

I doubt anyone would use it. Downside is far too great in direct fight.

Better to just use good hard damage guns.

• Like 1