LulaDoodle

Apb custom crosshair argument

7 hours ago, LulaDoodle said:
7 hours ago, Seedy said:

little bit of tape right in the middle of the screen there.. its not against any TOS or anything!

I paid 200$ for my monitor I'm not putting tape on it.

Why needing tape anyway? My 750$ monitor has integrated customizable crosshairs that I can display in the middle of the screen with a button...

I hope we are talking about the same thing when discussing Reticle Bloom.
If so, Bloom is a visual representation of the Reticle expanding after firing the weapon.
So although your aim point is still in the center of that Bloom, with an expanded reticle, you no longer have a small crosshair on target.

Given the appropriate time, after the weapon is fired, the Reticle Bloom returns to the original crosshair reticle when aiming.
If you are firing a weapon either full auto, or w/ semi autos, and do not allow the Reticle Bloom to recede,
then the player no longer has a tight reticle on target, but the center of that Reticle Bloom would still be the aim point.

By using a custom crosshair, like a dot, you no longer need to contend with an expanded Reticle Bloom, which is your aim point.
The dot, provides a perfect center aim point.

I think we are talking about the same thing.

EDIT:
Not sure why anyone would downvotes this post.
I don't think that I stated anything that was inaccurate.

Edited by Westford
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Nessie said:

Why needing tape anyway? My 750$ monitor has integrated customizable crosshairs that I can display in the middle of the screen with a button...
Because if my computer monitor works fine I'm cool with the refresh rate and resolution... Why the heck would I spend anything over $10 to have a cross hair overlay for a game???? Edited by VickyFox

I HOPE LO puts in, along with some of the adjustment benefits of the Advanced Launcher... some alternate (size, shape, color) an advanced crosshair selection.. if for nothing else, it adds to customization and would be fun to see what works and looks best.

maxresdefault.jpg

2 minutes ago, Rebelliousness said:

I HOPE LO puts in, along with some of the adjustment benefits of the Advanced Launcher... some alternate (size, shape, color) an advanced crosshair selection.. if for nothing else, it adds to customization and would be fun to see what works and looks best.

maxresdefault.jpg

Please send link for crosshair bb

what are really nice is the permanent large custom crosshairs that are impossible to miss when you swipe over a player.

The crosshair is there when you walk, run, or aim.

I do not use any custom settings or crosshairs in any game I play besides CSGO. CSGO is meant to have customizable crosshairs anyways and since the vanilla one's are just so poor really, I started using a proper one (small open cross). 
Does it provide an adavantage? No not even in CSGO, in terms of dynamic crosshairs your  choice is limited, which will indicate how to time your recoil adjustments and walking directions for increased accuracy. However in CSGO dynamic crosshairs (ones that show the state of accuracy) are pretty much not in use because people rather learn the timing and other indicators of accuracy and recoil than having a distracting moving reticle in their screens. The same can be said for APB.
I am pretty confident I would prefer a static crosshair as well, I hope they will add this feature.
Does it add an advantage? No it doesn't. It can't. It comes down to preference. Unless overlays can somehow hide the current APB crosshair, which isn't possible as far as I am aware, there is no possible gain from it besides being able to play better due to comfort. The only advantage you can gain from crosshair customization is more visibility, making it easier to track your crosshair (Of which the use is very limited seen as an experienced shooter focusses on the center of his screen rather than the crosshair itself), and in case you can make the crosshair smaller or lower its opacity, less obstruction in terms of sight.
All the custom crosshairs I have seen so far are drawn on top of the APB crosshair, being more of a disadvantage than an advantage as it obstructs your view quite a bit.
In APB, feedback from the crosshair itself is more important than being able to center on your target well (seen as you can shoot the air right above someone's haircut to deal damage), custom crosshairs don't add to that, they obstruct this feedback.

Like I mentioned before I would love a static crosshair, not that I have issues with the current one at all, it's just preference.
As of yet, custom crosshairs I deem a disadvantage because of view obstruction and crosshair feedback obstruction. I cannot think of any advantage to it and I would honestly advice against using them if you want to perform well in APB given you have decent tracking and do not suffer from any visual handicaps like colorblindness.
Shader and other game customization beyond whats planned to be added by the current developers can not be justified besides boosting PC perfomance.

Edited by Slickmund

22 minutes ago, Slickmund said:

I do not use any custom settings or crosshairs in any game I play besides CSGO. CSGO is meant to have customizable crosshairs anyways and since the vanilla one's are just so poor really, I started using a proper one (small open cross). 
Does it provide an adavantage? No not even in CSGO, in terms of dynamic crosshairs your  choice is limited, which will indicate how to time your recoil adjustments and walking directions for increased accuracy. However in CSGO dynamic crosshairs (ones that show the state of accuracy) are pretty much not in use because people rather learn the timing and other indicators of accuracy and recoil than having a distracting moving reticle in their screens. The same can be said for APB.
I am pretty confident I would prefer a static crosshair as well, I hope they will add this feature.
Does it add an advantage? No it doesn't. It can't. It comes down to preference. Unless overlays can somehow hide the current APB crosshair, which isn't possible as far as I am aware, there is no possible gain from it besides being able to play better due to comfort. The only advantage you can gain from crosshair customization is more visibility, making it easier to track your crosshair (Of which the use is very limited seen as an experienced shooter focusses on the center of his screen rather than the crosshair itself), and in case you can make the crosshair smaller or lower its opacity, less obstruction in terms of sight.
All the custom crosshairs I have seen so far are drawn on top of the APB crosshair, being more of a disadvantage than an advantage as it obstructs your view quite a bit.
In APB, feedback from the crosshair itself is more important than being able to center on your target well (seen as you can shoot the air right above someone's haircut to deal damage), custom crosshairs don't add to that, they obstruct this feedback.

Like I mentioned before I would love a static crosshair, not that I have issues with the current one at all, it's just preference.
As of yet, custom crosshairs I deem a disadvantage because of view obstruction and crosshair feedback obstruction. I cannot think of any advantage to it and I would honestly advice against using them if you want to perform well in APB given you have decent tracking and do not suffer from any visual handicaps like colorblindness.
Shader and other game customization beyond whats planned to be added by the current developers can not be justified besides boosting PC perfomance.

yes it does.  Imagine a nice permanent crosshair that turns red anytime you cross over an enemy.  Instead of having no crosshair when running, you now have a permanent one which is a massive advantage while on the move.

Plus it is easier to pay attention to a crosshair than trying to pay attention to the crosshair + enemy position.  I land a lot of shots mainly because I try and only fire when my cursor is red even if it is a tiny crosshair that only shows up while not moving or aiming.

15 minutes ago, illgot said:
yes it does.  Imagine a nice permanent crosshair that turns red anytime you cross over an enemy.  Instead of having no crosshair when running, you now have a permanent one which is a massive advantage while on the move.

Plus it is easier to pay attention to a crosshair than trying to pay attention to the crosshair + enemy position.  I land a lot of shots mainly because I try and only fire when my cursor is red even if it is a tiny crosshair that only shows up while not moving or aiming.
i wish atleast half of my guns did that

54 minutes ago, illgot said:

IF custom crosshairs can do that, then yes. I have yet to see a crosshair that highlights like the in game one does. Lighting up whilst running? If you run at a corner and aim at it, and if someones right behind that corner, you will still see the "obstructed" icon appear I believe. I am not 100% sure on it showing up whilst running, I am 100% sure on it working whilst walking and marksmanship mode however. I often use that to spot cornercampers which are too eager to shoot or trying to look as far around the corner as they can.
However, if what I said before is not true, and the UI has no way of showing reticle feedback whilst running, then an overlay can't do this either, it will only be able to adept to in game color changes at the most, if possible at all. Any crosshair that can show more than the current in game UI has some form of hack behind it as well.

A permanent crosshair whilst running is hardly an advantage in this game where there is no sway compared to weapon position. Like I mentioned before any good shooter focusses on the center of his screen rather than a crosshair because the crosshair is in shifting over the background youre trying to look at. Hence good CSGO players can even perform well without a crosshair (though he mightve used an overlay crosshair or something on stuck on his screen as well, but that is besides the point, no scoping is a thing even without cheating around the actual 'no-scope' part). To be honest I am against adding any non-intended function, overlay or anything to any game, unless it's obvious missing features that arent ingame performance enhancing like autowalk in some games for an instance.
However with that in mind, unless the added UI features can show more than the in game UI (which to my knowledge they can't), they aren't advantageous to use. Atleast not to a skilled player, and I don't mean to say 'git gut' with that, not at all. But anything like the crosshair used in the OP's video, is a disadvantage in terms of use, besides adding comfort to the player and ease of use.

Which is why I am not completely against it, though I'd rather see more in game options to comfort the needy than these types of resorts. But saying it is advantageous to use is blatantly put, absolute malarkey. Maybe to a new player which has trouble using the UI, but not the experienced player. Edited by Slickmund

38 minutes ago, Slickmund said:
IF custom crosshairs can do that, then yes. I have yet to see a crosshair that highlights like the in game one does. Lighting up whilst running? If you run at a corner and aim at it, and if someones right behind that corner, you will still see the "obstructed" icon appear I believe. I am not 100% sure on it showing up whilst running, I am 100% sure on it working whilst walking and marksmanship mode however. I often use that to spot cornercampers which are too eager to shoot or trying to look as far around the corner as they can.
However, if what I said before is not true, and the UI has no way of showing reticle feedback whilst running, then an overlay can't do this either, it will only be able to adept to in game color changes at the most, if possible at all. Any crosshair that can show more than the current in game UI has some form of hack behind it as well.

A permanent crosshair whilst running is hardly an advantage in this game where there is no sway compared to weapon position. Like I mentioned before any good shooter focusses on the center of his screen rather than a crosshair because the crosshair is in shifting over the background youre trying to look at. Hence good CSGO players can even perform well without a crosshair (though he mightve used an overlay crosshair or something on stuck on his screen as well, but that is besides the point, no scoping is a thing even without cheating around the actual 'no-scope' part). To be honest I am against adding any non-intended function, overlay or anything to any game, unless it's obvious missing features that arent ingame performance enhancing like autowalk in some games for an instance.
However with that in mind, unless the added UI features can show more than the in game UI (which to my knowledge they can't), they aren't advantageous to use. Atleast not to a skilled player, and I don't mean to say 'git gut' with that, not at all. But anything like the crosshair used in the OP's video, is a disadvantage in terms of use, besides adding comfort to the player and ease of use.

Which is why I am not completely against it, though I'd rather see more in game options to comfort the needy than these types of resorts. But saying it is advantageous to use is blatantly put, absolute malarkey. Maybe to a new player which has trouble using the UI, but not the experienced player.
I used to use them before the last devs banned them.  It was extremely useful.  I used to use a large circular crosshair that would change colours when over an enemy.  It wasn't red par say, but it changed colours when over an enemy and was large enough to be obvious without focusing solely on the crosshair.

Or LO could implement a feature in which you could choose your own crosshair, and then we wouldn't need these posts

9 hours ago, Nessie said:

CHEATER! HACKER.. where can I got one though just for experimental purposes ?

Doesn't matter  when lots of monitors now have crosshair. You can't detect that unlike shaders.
Is it practically cheating? Yes...
Nice bookmarks btw.

Edited by Sayori

12 hours ago, Westford said:
What inaccuracy component/characteristics are you referring to ?
The recoil of the weapon ?

The standard NTEC is a great example of both expanded bloom when firing , plus recoil.
Two characteristics that a player needs to contend with to use this weapon efficiently.

If that person is using a custom crosshair that removes the bloom (and basically removes one of the characteristics of that weapon) ,
then all that is left to counter, is the recoil.

Was there another component/characteristics other than these two when you are referring to the "inaccuracy " ?

And recoil is handled by macros.
Macros+static crosshair=lasergun.

Thats why these guys want their custom crosshairs and macros so badly and they will put ANY excuse or explanation for doing it.
They are literal handicaped by needing so much assistance to play a game, and it disgusts me.

3 hours ago, Seedy said:
12 hours ago, Nessie said:

CHEATER! HACKER.. where can I got one though just for experimental purposes ?
Asus monitors equipped with "GamePlus", they offer a bunch of useless additions like crosshairs, fps counters, respawn timers, directly on the screen.
Even better, my Asus audio card have also the "Sonic Radar" drivers which literally display on screen the direction of source for specific sounds (for example bullet shots or steps). Never tried it but from the videos it looks quiiite helpful in multiplayer :classic_biggrin:
(Yes, like 90% of my pc is made by RoG components, but only due to them offering the best quality/ratio prices)
2 hours ago, Sayori said:

Doesn't matter  when lots of monitors now have crosshair. You can't detect that unlike shaders.
Is it practically cheating? Yes...
Nice bookmarks btw.

It's pretty much the same of most mouses and keyboards having customizable keys nowdays. You can't detect them, but they do make a difference in many games.

BTW, it's not cheating. It's "gaining advantage".
Which is the same exact result of like playing a multiplayer game with a 2156p monitor at 120fps against somebody with 720p at 30fps. 
You simply will never have -fair play- unless everybody used the same gaming equipment (for example on consoles). With PCs there will always be some extra bonus for those who spent more with their controllers, headset, etc. Edited by Nessie

9 minutes ago, Nessie said:
Asus monitors equipped with "GamePlus", they offer a bunch of useless additions like crosshairs, fps counters, respawn timers, directly on the screen.
Even better, my Asus audio card have also the "Sonic Radar" drivers which literally display on screen the direction of source for specific sounds (for example bullet shots or steps). Never tried it but from the videos it looks quiiite helpful in multiplayer :classic_biggrin:
(Yes, like 90% of my pc is made by RoG components, but only due to them offering the best quality/ratio prices) It's pretty much the same of most mouses and keyboards having customizable keys nowdays. You can't detect them, but they do make a difference in many games.

BTW, it's not cheating. It's "gaining advantage".
Which is the same exact result of like playing a multiplayer game with a 2156p monitor at 120fps against somebody with 720p at 30fps. 
You simply will never have -fair play- unless everybody used the same gaming equipment (for example on consoles). With PCs there will always be some extra bonus for those who spent more with their controllers, headset, etc.
Cheating and gaining advantage are a little bit different but related.
One is the method/action, the other is the result of the action.
Having 120fps doesn't make you an owner automatically, if you are have a slow reaction time it doesn't matter how high  your monitor's refresh rate is....to some  extent...obviously really low values will definitely  make you a potato.
Most people don't have amazing reaction time to utilize fully  high refresh rates in shooters but people are sheeps and they always jump the hype trains.
I get people with better hardware technically have the advantage but not everything can be controlled unlike shaders.
Crosshair with carbine, shotguns, oscar helps a lot while strafing.
Nobody can stop hardware manufacturers to add unethical features though. It's up to them.

I dream about static crosshair in APB for years... Dynamic crosshairs just disturb me a lot... So used to statics from CS/Quake

4 hours ago, Sayori said:
Cheating and gaining advantage are a little bit different but related.
One is the method/action, the other is the result of the action.
Having 120fps doesn't make you an owner automatically, if you are have a slow reaction time it doesn't matter how high  your monitor's refresh rate is....to some  extent...obviously really low values will definitely  make you a potato.
Most people don't have amazing reaction time to utilize fully  high refresh rates in shooters but people are sheeps and they always jump the hype trains.
I get people with better hardware technically have the advantage but not everything can be controlled unlike shaders.
Crosshair with carbine, shotguns, oscar helps a lot while strafing.
Nobody can stop hardware manufacturers to add unethical features though. It's up to them.

Thats purely subjective. High fps screens are as advantaging as a visible crosshair in the middle. Just because some people find them helpful, it doesn't mean it's the same for everybody. most players already know where the center of their screen is without any crosshair.

Btw, regardless of macros or other items, screen resolution is the biggest advantage you can have. A resolution twice as big as someone else means the opponents are twice as large in terms of pixels, making it half as hard to keep the crosshair on them. It's not about skill, it's literally about hitreg size being doubled.

1 hour ago, Nessie said:

Thats purely subjective. High fps screens are as advantaging as a visible crosshair in the middle. Just because some people find them helpful, it doesn't mean it's the same for everybody. most players already know where the center of their screen is without any crosshair.

Btw, regardless of macros or other items, screen resolution is the biggest advantage you can have. A resolution twice as big as someone else means the opponents are twice as large in terms of pixels, making it half as hard to keep the crosshair on them. It's not about skill, it's literally about hitreg size being doubled.
https://www.pcgamer.com/how-many-frames-per-second-can-the-human-eye-really-see/ 

Naming and shaming this post need to be closed

On 7/13/2018 at 3:53 PM, LulaDoodle said:
On 7/13/2018 at 3:51 PM, Seedy said:

little bit of tape right in the middle of the screen there.. its not against any TOS or anything!

I paid 200$ for my monitor I'm not putting tape on it.
get some external program/crosshair that cant be bannable
  • Like 2

On 7/13/2018 at 3:20 PM, LulaDoodle said:

I wanted to try and settle this argument once and for all.

Preface: 
I don't use the crosshair cause I don't want to get banned this is just meant as one time thing as a demonstration to prove that it should be allowed and that it doesn't offer an advantage.

Main point: Custom crosshairs are a thing in pretty much every shooter game ever. I think it's really silly that the custom crosshair shader by dreamz is a bannable thing because it litterally alters nothing in the game outside of adding a crosshair. I think that I would prefer an in game custom crosshair settings thing cause honestly the dreamz crosshairs kinda look like shit from what I saw so they're not really a great option compared to other actually decent custom crosshair options in other games like for instance csgo, overwatch, tf2, etc. But until they actually impliment custom crosshairs in game I think people should be allowed to use these. Again I don't use it cause I don't want to get banned, but I feel like that's something I shouldn't have to worry about. I don't think a custom crosshair offers any advanatage and I don't think this crosshair mod should have been made a bannable offense and I think that decision should be over turned unless you plan on releasing custom crosshairs in the near future. Here is video demonstrating it I didn't edit it at all which makes it kind of a shitty video but I figured people would probably call hacks or something if I made cuts or anything like that. So I hope this goes in a positive direction and I hope we can all come to a logical conclusion about this.

its against TOS anyway its give you big advantage over other players who dont use that

i preffer to use default one with high ressolution because crosshair is smaller (its a glitch)
anyway more FPS u have than faster guns shoots ... (next glitch almost same as in Escape from Tarkov)

PS. its a slime topic so just STOP until they handle with DDOS, cheaters, anticheat, and other staff Edited by TheSxW

21 minutes ago, TheSxW said:
 more FPS u have than faster guns shoots
Please tell me you dont actually think this is true. 

Just add a basic white crosshair for everyone and be done with it. If anything, do it for 1 main reason:

It'll help new players not got washed by veterans and that is what matters the most.

c26bc3dd35.jpg

Cyka Clarence agrees! =^_____________^=