LulaDoodle

Apb custom crosshair argument

I have a custom crosshair, its the black point i drew in the middle of my monitor with a black marker.

1) get a sticky note,

2) cut out thin frame out of it,

3) stick it into the center of your monitor for a game session

4) win! (without breaking any rules and/or being detected by anti-cheat soft)

5) remove then you don't need it anymore.

13 minutes ago, Letter said:

1) get a sticky note,

2) cut out thin frame out of it,

3) stick it into the center of your monitor for a game session

4) win! (without breaking any rules and/or being detected by anti-cheat soft)

5) remove then you don't need it anymore.

1235 = no just no
4 eh win or fail same thing But BE has stated that they will never ban for overlays so there you have it.

10 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I just know where the center of my screen is. No need for crosshair. 

f12 turn off the interface and be a pro! Get more fps too!

4 minutes ago, SelttikS said:
15 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I just know where the center of my screen is. No need for crosshair. 

f12 turn off the interface and be a pro! Get more fps too!
Daddy needs his radar. 

54 minutes ago, SuperToaster said:
Or just use shader crosshair. It’s currently allowed on battleeye from my experience. Been using it since battleeye was released no issues so far
Doesn't mean shaders are kosher, and they aren't. Shaders are outright banned and LO will begin enforcing as soon as practical. BattleEye CAN detect them, even your game's launcher can as you're editing the base files rather than injecting during live play, but LO has said they likely won't be enforcing it until they provide some of what non-cheat shaders provide. That might happen, or cheat shaders might be abused to all hell before they can get there, leading to bans before the content is provided, in which case overlays are the most risk-proof method.

Either way, personalized custom crosshairs are a cut above for target acquisition and visibility. Not to mention, given proper tuning, they let you more accurately determine things like shotgun spread or whether the center of your reticle is actually aiming past the corner to hit your target instead of at the corner despite your crosshairs going red.
Plus, you can also use the program for its overlay to assist in symbol creation. :]

2 hours ago, Neonis said:

I use Advanced Launcher to increase every setting so my game can look the best it possibly can because I'm a man of aesthetics. (Put slider on Ultra, and the customize to increase everything else.)
Since the days of RTW I have always had a rather beefy computer and played APB at "Max" settings. I'm just like most modern gamers who want the game to look the very best. I've been playing video games for almost 3 decades now (first video game I played was 27 years ago) and I'm not going back to playing them with "Low" settings.

I still play at ~100 FPS with my setting choices and rarely experience any stuttering with the game (which, when I do, is easily fixed by restarting the game; it is also not a problem with APB alone but a problem with GPU drivers and certain games.)

I am very interested about this.
Can you share a screenshot of before and after for a visual comparison?

2 minutes ago, Saxtus said:
I am very interested about this.
Can you share a screenshot of before and after for a visual comparison?
I'll look into getting something like that when I get out of work, and after eating dinner.

5 hours ago, LulaDoodle said:
5 hours ago, CookiePuss said:
Well I have some good news!
In discord someone mentioned Matt saying "Ive always used a crosshair overlay and I will continue to do so until you add custom ones in game" 
Matts response was "we hope to add them soon". 

So go nuts!
btw where is that discord and can I join it?
Matt says somewhere in the QA Thread as i remember right that LO will implement the Crosshairs.

2 hours ago, G4B3 said:
Doesn't mean shaders are kosher, and they aren't. Shaders are outright banned and LO will begin enforcing as soon as practical. BattleEye CAN detect them, even your game's launcher can as you're editing the base files rather than injecting during live play, but LO has said they likely won't be enforcing it until they provide some of what non-cheat shaders provide. That might happen, or cheat shaders might be abused to all hell before they can get there, leading to bans before the content is provided, in which case overlays are the most risk-proof method.

Either way, personalized custom crosshairs are a cut above for target acquisition and visibility. Not to mention, given proper tuning, they let you more accurately determine things like shotgun spread or whether the center of your reticle is actually aiming past the corner to hit your target instead of at the corner despite your crosshairs going red.
Plus, you can also use the program for its overlay to assist in symbol creation. :]
I’m aware of all that. The only reason I really use it is because I get tunnel visioned pretty easy now in combat and the small white vanilla crosshair is barely visible for me sometimes. They’re obviously going to add a customizable crosshair eventually. 99% of the playerbase wants it so. The only sort of “cheat” shaders are the borderline shaders that let you see through smoke. I’d consider a center static crosshair a slight advantage but that’s about it. I wouldn’t consider it any sort of cheat lol.

Also a bit relevant but Overwolf is supposedly going to make that Ultimate Crosshair an official app that’ll be allowed on pretty much anything. If that comes out before LO can implement customizable crosshairs then they can just go ahead and start enforcing shader config bans  Edited by SuperToaster

Function of more and more gaming monitors so yeah doesn't matter what anyone thinks at this point.

3 minutes ago, SuperToaster said:
2 hours ago, G4B3 said:

I’m aware of all that. The only reason I really use it is because I get tunnel visioned pretty easy now in combat and the small white vanilla crosshair is barely visible for me sometimes. They’re obviously going to add a customizable crosshair eventually. 99% of the playerbase wants it so. The only sort of “cheat” shaders are the borderline shaders that let you see through smoke. I’d consider a center static crosshair a slight advantage but that’s about it. I wouldn’t consider it any sort of cheat lol
Of course you wouldnt, you are using it. 🤣

12 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
Of course you wouldnt, you are using it. 🤣
 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

For real though I hope something official is implemented soon. The fact people are even arguing over a crosshair is ridiculous. Customizable/static crosshairs are such a standard in shooters now I mean come on. If we could even change the color of the vanilla crosshair I’d be happy. White crosshairs are my kryptonite atm Edited by SuperToaster

2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Just  look at the center of your screen. 
Not that hard. 

I cant the tv is on and the kids are running around so i cant even!
Actually i don't care either way if people want a cross hair in this game that's fine. It is not like the guns are based completely on player accuracy.

I'm going to say that there is an argument that APB Advanced Launcher gives an unfair advantage that wasn't the intended purpose for it's build, Lowering details of some overlays and can give the player a bit more of a clearer view of the overall scene than with more shading.

With that said It does beg the question if Crosshair shaders should be banned if it is just a visual aid.
I will say it is petty and rather sad if someone needs to use stabiliser wheels but most videos I've seen of cheats reducing settings to potato settings and I can't think of a reason why.

Honestly I don't care if they banned or not, I don't see a need for me to use either and I understand the Advanced Launcher is meant to help lower spec computers but I find it a bit of a double standard.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SpeedyCat said:

Have found it:

I'm curious as to the available features LO will add to "ingame" crosshair selections. (Other than Color / Size which Matt mentioned)

In adding these new features ingame, will the current Reticle Bloom when firing a weapon in marksmanship mode be maintained ?

Will the current weapons (mostly SMG's) that have an expanded Reticle Bloom when aiming be the same ?
For SMG's , the current expanded Reticle Bloom makes sense, as these weapons are designed for close quarter combat,
so an expanded reticle is not much of an issue when your opponent is a few meters away.

Or will these two game mechanics be removed, resulting in every weapon to have more or less equivalent reticle bloom when firing as far as no bloom effect at all.

Be curious to hear some more details at to what changes they have in mind.

Yall do understand that bloom still happens even without the visual for it right? It is just there so you know how accurate your shot will be

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, SelttikS said:

Yall do understand that bloom still happens even without the visual for it right? It is just there so you know how accurate your shot will be

If I have a static dot I get 0 bloom every gun! Edited by Teardrops69

7 minutes ago, Teardrops69 said:
If I have a static dot I get 0 bloom every gun!
gun will still have the inaccuracy applied. This isnt Rust yall
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, SelttikS said:
16 minutes ago, Teardrops69 said:
If I have a static dot I get 0 bloom every gun!
gun will still have the inaccuracy applied. This isnt Rust yall
What inaccuracy component/characteristics are you referring to ?
The recoil of the weapon ?

The standard NTEC is a great example of both expanded bloom when firing , plus recoil.
Two characteristics that a player needs to contend with to use this weapon efficiently.

If that person is using a custom crosshair that removes the bloom (and basically removes one of the characteristics of that weapon) ,
then all that is left to counter, is the recoil.

Was there another component/characteristics other than these two when you are referring to the "inaccuracy " ?

7 minutes ago, Westford said:
What inaccuracy component/characteristics are you referring to ?
The recoil of the weapon ?

The standard NTEC is a great example of both expanded bloom when firing , plus recoil.
Two characteristics that a player needs to contend with to use this weapon efficiently.

If that person is using a custom crosshair that removes the bloom (and basically removes one of the characteristics of that weapon) ,
then all that is left to counter, is the recoil.

Was there another component/characteristics other than these two when you are referring to the "inaccuracy " ?

Bloom is a visual representation of the inaccuracy at any given moment. A dot on your screen or turning the interface off does not change that.