Unclean

ARMAs and making up the difference (with poll)

G1C "refund"  

211 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think LO should give people who have spent money in the past a g1c "refund" so we can respend our g1c with their new prices?

• Yes, I'd like Little Orbit to let us use our G1C that we've bought over the years to repurchase what we'd like with the new prices.
    • No, Little Orbit should change the prices, but make people who already spent money just have to deal with it.
    • I don't mind if we don't get a "refund", but I would really enjoy more exclusive loyalty rewards like open slot legendaries.

I'm thinking about grabbing a couple things from ARMAs, but I want to wait and see what's going to happen with it. If I spend money now, will I just be screwed over? O will LO make up the difference to those who spend the absurd amounts now? It's something we've talked about for a while and something that's on the backburner as nothing will happen soon, but we could at least know if it's even worth putting money in right now.

2 minutes ago, Unclean said:

I'm thinking about grabbing a couple things from ARMAs, but I want to wait and see what's going to happen with it. If I spend money now, will I just be screwed over? O will LO make up the difference to those who spend the absurd amounts now? It's something we've talked about for a while and something that's on the backburner as nothing will happen soon, but we could at least know if it's even worth putting money in right now.

Even if they plan on changing the prices, pretty sure Matt said this is something that'd come way later. I doubt they'd "Refund" everyone's items or give them back G1C. That's now how things work.

idk about an entire refund, maybe if they change the prices those of us who already purchased at the higher price receive the difference back?

• Like 6

Just now, TheAceNinja said:

Even if they plan on changing the prices, pretty sure Matt said this is something that'd come way later. I doubt they'd "Refund" everyone's items or give them back G1C. That's now how things work.

yeah, I said it was on the backburner.. and there's been a few times games have refunded the difference in their premium currency when they change prices. I'm not talking about getting money back lol

Just now, Unclean said:

yeah, I said it was on the backburner.. and there's been a few times games have refunded the difference in their premium currency when they change prices. I'm not talking about getting money back lol

As far as I can tell, League of Legends is the only real example and that's because they completely changed how their cash shop stuff worked. It's not economically viable for any business to lower the prices and then give you back every thing you spent, just so you can buy even MORE without actually SPENDING more. 

As much as I'd want this, I'm fine with the past mistakes purchases I've done. LO is but a humble company and I doubt they can afford to send out G1C. In fact, I'd rather support LO with money once they implement BE. not a whale I swear

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Spherii said:

As much as I'd want this, I'm fine with the past mistakes purchases I've done. LO is but a humble company and I doubt they can afford to send out G1C. In fact, I'd rather support LO with money once they implement BE. not a whale I swear

I'd be okay with it too since it's not their fault, but at the same time with their released content I'd still end up spending more.. 

I guess I would want a refund, but if not, I'd want more loyalty rewards implemented so neither us nor them are at a loss

Would love to get back the G1C i spent ON, then again

ATLEAST Refund for stuff i spent on HAN server would be nice... Then again,

Even giving back extra G1C spent on armas after the prices gets adjusted would be really nice....

I talked to support and they said ITS NOT SOMETHING THEY WOULD DO...

Soo all hopes down the drain,

even letting me refund weps for Half G1C would be nice... ( have like 20 account wide weps that i NEVER EVER EVER EVER use,eg: havent used things like Whisper for 4-5years)

because its a new company coming in that just spent money to take over the game and will spend money making it better I think it would be a really stupid situation to pay "reparations" for something that wasn't on them that would hit their bottom line. What would be smart is to reward those people who have spent alot with loyalty rewards, some sort of perks, or even some savings coupons on new armas items. They should encourage people to buy more and fund the game while also recognizing in some way the people who spent to keep the game alive.

• Like 1

When I purchased Armas items previously, it was with the full understanding that I would be paying the price advertised. As much as I'd like to get a giant rebate for all my purchases, I don't expect it.

• Like 3

Well, diving into the deep dark histories of APB, even G1 (early on) fully and partially refunded spent G1C as part of ARMAs testing or general item changes.  However, this was well before "sale" promotions...which changes everything. In the end, you agreed on the price previously paid.

If anything...If the items stay and ARMAs prices are completely overhauled, they could potentially refund the difference (G1C credit, not original payment) for those who paid FULL price on items (not sale prices) after the a certain time (ex. after acquisition), LO shouldn't have to refund purchases done years ago. Rest can just be given some newer loyalty rewards.

I'd just take a loyalty reward that is permanent customization premium...

Edited by LUST
  • Like 1

is this a troll post? Why would someone give a refund for stuff they never sold? LittleOrbit purchase gamersfirst to make profit. why would they give you back the money G1 took from you when they had nothing to do with it in the first place. this is just stupid asking a question like this. you obviously dont know how business works!

I think I'd just be happy with ARMAS prices that don't feel like they're taking my arms, legs and eyes, while also stabbing me for good measure.

When the base price of an account bound weapon is $60. You know there's a problem.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seedy said:

is this a troll post? Why would someone give a refund for stuff they never sold? LittleOrbit purchase gamersfirst to make profit. why would they give you back the money G1 took from you when they had nothing to do with it in the first place. this is just stupid asking a question like this. you obviously dont know how business works!

10/10

• Like 1

Id sure love to get compensation here. But A: This is just not the way it works and B: they cannot afford to flood their best/most crazy customers with G1Cs. They need the money you know. And we will buy more stuff if they get the game going again with and without compensation.

I would appreciate any gesture when it comes to this but it wont happen for quite some time anyway. 

I mean I've spent $1000 just within May on G1C and I can post the evidence to support that, I don't expect anything back in return. I'd just personally ask Little Orbit to look into adding more loyalty rewards, it was nice to have something to look forward to when I decided to spend some money on APB once upon a time. 

I hope this is a troll,first off all why would they compensate something that they didn't sell in the first place?Second of all,have you guys ever considered how much money they will lose if they actually do a refund?We as a community should be happy if the prices go down,plus nobody made us buy anything,we did it on our own.Sure,the prices are high as NASA's rocket ship but in the end we are responsible for what we do with our money.I am not saying that you guys don't have a point about this.I am saying that a refund is never gonna happen because that means no one going to buy g1c for a very long time if they do. To be honest that would be pretty dumb on their side to give away things just like that.Bottom of line,yes they should cut the prices a lil bit but no way they will make such a bad marketing move as a "refund" since they need to invest a bunch right now on game performance(servers,anticheat yada yada yada).If they refund right now all that,they ain't gonna see no profit for quite a while and i believe it is in their best interest to make money,considering how much they have to spend in order to actually maintain the game in the long run.

• Like 1

a refund would be nice honestly , but i think it's kinda asking for too much already , so i voted for the second option as i still have morals and not think only 'bout myself .

Its a bit early for a change like that. Maybe later 😛

• Like 1

While it would be cool it wouldn't be responsible and good for the game. They would lose tons of money and game with low funding is a bad game.

Just deal with it and focus on the future, give them a new start as well.

What we spent in the past is not their responsibility, just hope for better prices in the future. 😉

Although it would be really cool to see the difference in G1C back available on the marketplace.

It's basically already purchased G1C, their product value is just changed which would give us more for what we payed for.

It would be a nice thank you to those who supported the game in the past.

Edited by Raikou

It would be so cool if we got the difference in prices back as extra g1c to spend. That money is already gone so it's not like LO is losing money on us since new players would be buying stuff for the lower prices so it's actually kinda fair if we got the difference in prices back.

It's your own choice you spent money on armas. If they would hand out the difference they will be making a loss. It would be insane if they do it. 

• Like 1

There are some real delusional people on the forums. Even as someone who has spent 3k$ on APB, I'm not that delusional in to thinking they are going to match the difference.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit
  • Like 2

It's not about being delusional. It's about LO's standpoint. If they are going to be heartless materialists they won't give us anything back. If they will though understand that G1 was rising the prices over the years and since new players will be buying stuff for the lower prices it's kind of unfair to the older players that they purchased stuff for the ridiculous prices. It's about the fact that you who for example spent 10k g1c will just have like 3 weapons and for example a new player who spent 10k g1c might have like 7 weapons or something. I wouldn't be super optimistic about them making some refunds but it could happen.

Edited by Thial