Lixil

Delayed announcement regarding GMs/Mods

8 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I though Revo was the guy who said "I decide who cheats and who doesnt. Yep I dont ban some players, deal with it."

Maybe Im thinking of another GM.

Dunno, revoe, jotun, they all were a bit simlar in soem behaviors. maybe even both said the "Thats why we can't have nice things" thing I forgot already which thread or Forum feature they had to kill with these words.

Edited by LilyV3

Thanks for all the hard work you're dedicating to this community @Lixil and the other LO staff 🙂

• Thanks 1

Was expected, but people are gonna be the same... for the most part. Surely most people posting here are positive and respectful, but a Huge part of those trouble-makers will disregard this post anyway. There is still an infected patch of toxicity that will take time to heal..... Or a slip-up will just make the toxicity spread all over again and it will be the same song.

Prefer if volunteers don't have any actual powers Myself included Just a tag to say "Hey Im dedicated to helping"

harsh truth that dealing with this community can delay Actually making this game better.

• Like 1

It was MY fault for this to be delayed, none should be blamed or claimed as toxic because of my fault.

My personal reason: you all suck and i wouldnt like you to handle something as being gm.

I don't understand why someone think it's "bad" that there's a manager, that now speaks directly without sugar coating things or hiding behind vague statements ? *confused*

a community manager isn't anyones' "friend" it's *hopefully* just someone that equally manages the community regardless who it affects and regardless if it sometimes means stepping people over their toes to call a friggin pre-school kindergarden for a friggin pre-school kindergarden (yes I include everyone in this, myself too).

It's refreshing and it'll take time to adjust to the fact that we all should behave civil and keep in-game rivalry as in-game rivalry and community discussions as community discussions, not crap throwing contests and appreciate there's now someone speaking bluntly to us.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Tigrix said:

I don't understand why someone think it's "bad" that there's a manager, that now speaks directly without sugar coating things or hiding behind vague statements ? *confused*

a community manager isn't anyones' "friend" it's *hopefully* just someone that equally manages the community regardless who it affects and regardless if it sometimes means stepping people over their toes to call a friggin pre-school kindergarden for a friggin pre-school kindergarden (yes I include everyone in this, myself too).

It's refreshing and it'll take time to adjust to the fact that we all should behave civil and keep in-game rivalry as in-game rivalry and community discussions as community discussions, not crap throwing contests and appreciate there's now someone speaking bluntly to us.

I agree. We should all act civil and mature both here on the forums and in-game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, let's not have Lixii hating her job in the first couple weeks fellas :classic_huh:

6 minutes ago, AsgerLund said:

I agree. We should all act civil and mature both here on the forums and in-game.

That's the point, no-one has been used to any sort of "moderation" neither in-game, nor on these forums... for years.
In-game we now have more active GMs and they're already starting to pick-up the slack imo. 
So let them do their job, if you over-step repeatedly, i'm sure a GM will intervene, if asked to by the "victim" (in lack of a better word).

Here at the forums though, it's like a bomb has blown up I feel ... and Lixil is basically saying (as far as I interpret her message in this post, maybe i'm wrong), that we're acting like a bunch of children and LO is spending a lot of time to counter that, with moderation and thread management, as opposed to simply expecting that people can behave somewhat civil and discuss/suggest/give feedback without coloring everything by what their in-game allegiance is/who they mesh with and who they don't. You can still dislike or like someone's idea and give feedback for/against it, like a grownup, regardless who is the post creator imho.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Tigrix said:

That's the point, no-one has been used to any sort of "moderation" neither in-game, nor on these forums... for years.
In-game we now have more active GMs and they're already starting to pick-up the slack imo. 
So let them do their job, if you over-step repeatedly, i'm sure a GM will intervene, if asked to by the "victim" (in lack of a better word).

Here at the forums though, it's like a bomb has blown up I feel ... and Lixil is basically saying (as far as I interpret her message in this post, maybe i'm wrong), that we're acting like a bunch of children and LO is spending a lot of time to counter that, with moderation and thread management, as opposed to simply expecting that people can behave somewhat civil and discuss/suggest/give feedback without coloring everything by what their in-game allegiance is/who they mesh with and who they don't. You can still dislike or like someone's idea and give feedback for/against it, like a grownup, regardless who is the post creator imho.

Indeed. I agree that’s what Lixil said, bacause that’s pretty much what she wrote in her OP.

I’m quite excited to know more about the GM volunteering process. It’s very important for the future of this game to have good people volunteering as GMs.

Which is why i hope the GM screening process will be thorough enough to catch any bad apples. An important part of that would be to go through old in-game chat logs to make sure, that the applicants understand what a CoC is and that they know how to adhere to one. 

Edited by AsgerLund

1 hour ago, Tigrix said:

It's early days, but so far Lixil's by a mile the best CM / Forum mod I've seen. Anywhere. Gives us freedom, but no tolerance for serious nonsense. And more to the point, she's always clear and upfront about what she's doing and why, utterly shattering the perpetual fantasy worlds of people who've previously been able to rely on poor forum moderation as an excuse for their behaviour.*

I hope she's being well paid.

*This comes with a caveat that poor forum moderation was a genuine problem. I'm referring to people who would've acted like cretins anyway, and are now doing so on here where the forum is properly run.

One of the requierments to apply for a GM should be to have never been banned before, for starters. Whoops there goes 60% of the candidates.

18 minutes ago, ch4ncer said:

One of the requierments to apply for a GM should be to have never been banned before, for starters. Whoops there goes 60% of the candidates.

That will exactly be one of the requirements. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, AsgerLund said:

Indeed. I agree that’s what Lixil said, bacause that’s pretty much what she wrote in her OP.

I’m quite excited to know more about the GM volunteering process. It’s very important for the future of this game to have good people volunteering as GMs.

Which is why i hope the GM screening process will be thorough enough to catch any bad apples. An important part of that would be to go through old in-game chat logs to make sure, that the applicants understand what a CoC is and that they know how to adhere to one. 

Yep, completely agree. Run a search for most common racial and other similar bad slurs or TOS violating things, then read the context of the line and make a judgement call.
(I did that for our game server sometimes if I felt the application or the interview was either not the whole story or something was off)

I wouldn't pretend to tell Lixil or Matt or anyone else how to run their programs or what to do (they know, or they wouldn't have the job in the first place imho, and the first wave of GM's has shown nothing but professionalism imo). Obviously each player is simply just wanting to give their input and suggestions, which probably on LO's end seem a bit excessive right now and my post wasn't meant to encourage more of "that", but just to say that you *can* run a well trained team, without paychecks involved. (so long as you have the right tools and active management using them)

33 minutes ago, MrChan said:

It's early days, but so far Lixil's by a mile the best CM / Forum mod I've seen. Anywhere. Gives us freedom, but no tolerance for serious nonsense.

*This comes with a caveat that poor forum moderation was a genuine problem. I'm referring to people who would've acted like cretins anyway, and are now doing so on here where the forum is properly run.

29 minutes ago, ch4ncer said:

Lmao :classic_laugh: Let's not make their jobs harder than they already are... they'd be down to like 3 candidates from the first 1000 signups. 
No i'm kidding hehe. 

I believed in the past that since I never got banned, nor anyone I knew or hung out with got banned... that those ppl claiming "false ban" were more or less all just lying dunces. (and obviously, many did lie about it in order to avoid some of the miscredit among friends... but since there are some false bans confirmed by an objective 3rd party (i think matt said it more or less on stream?).... well, against my good will, it forced me to appreciate that we can't treat every person the same based on a past ban.

Though this is where i'd say LO has to make a hard decision and be a little unfair and simply say sorry, it's not worth it taking the chance to allow previously banned players to signup, even if it in theory might be a falsely banned person signing up, it is simply not responsible to allow it.

Edited by Tigrix

It's time to re-open Beach District Topic.

At least will be a magnet for "problematic" users and the rest of Forum will be safe :P

(No need to moderate it too much,  there will be an interesting amount of data in their replyes ,maybe some hidden request of help in their rude attitude)

Always believed that anyone who seeks out power should not be allowed to have it.

I see this little event, that may or may not have happened, at a LO staff meeting right before they took over where someone says the line "How bad could it be?"

1 minute ago, Tigrix said:

... but since Matt says there has been false-bans, then it's a problem to think this way.
(And trust me, I'm NOT the type of person who would ever let a cheater touch any part of my game or have any interactions with my players... but I had to change my stance on the whole "you got banned in the past", since it's now confirmed by a 3rd and objective source that there were some false bans distributed during old G1 management)

I believed in the past that since I never got banned, nor anyone I knew or hung out with got banned... that those ppl claiming "false ban" were more or less all just lying dunces. (and obviously, many do lie about it in order to avoid some of the miscredit among friends... but since there ARE some false bans confirmed by an objective 3rd party, we have to appreciate we can't treat every person the same based on a past ban)

No worries here, all of the candidates will be checked one by one. If a ban on them was false, we will know.

• Like 1

Late notice is still better than none.

• Like 1

stick to your guns orbit, sooner or later the droolers will get with the program

Sure seems like you guys are learning from the previous administration's faults.
Good on ya!

are you joking? ingame volunteer mods and gms? why? just get your employees to moderate the game. jesus christ. smh

4 minutes ago, Harley Quinn said:

are you joking? ingame volunteer mods and gms? why? just get your employees to moderate the game. jesus christ. smh

they just  explained it multiple times

did you even read the thread?

3 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

they just  explained it multiple times

did you even read the thread?

don't sass me computerman. i ain't got time fo' it *hairflip*