MattScott

Community Discussion Topics

Hi everyone,

We're all working overtime right now to finish up the Halloween event and to keep the engine upgrade rolling along, so I apologize for not being more present on the forums. However after reading through the various posts tonight, I can see a lot of unhappy, vocal players all pointing at Steam stats and blaming Little Orbit for various issues.

Many of these posts debate whether Little Orbit has accomplished very much, and I'm not here to convince you one way or the other. Instead, I'd like to participate in the discussion and maybe share a little bit of my own perspective. To accomplish this, I'm going to try and create one post a week, where I will pick a topic that the community seems to be unhappy with, and we'll discuss it here in the open (as much as I can). 

Here are a list of issues that I see on the forums right now:

- Why did Little Orbit unban all these cheaters? / Demo version of BattlEye / Ineffective anti-cheat / Matt said he wont ban anyone

- Why hasn't Little Orbit fixed the Matchmaking system? / Threat needs to go back to the way it was / De-threaters

- Why did Little Orbit do the Weapon Balance? / Shotguns suck / IR3 changes are garbage

- Why isn't Little Orbit listen to me? / Why is Little Orbit listening to people that don't know what they are talking about?

There are plenty more. Perhaps you guys can recommend the first topic you would like to discuss with me.

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 25
  • Thanks 12

dont worry about the haters.. they will try to bring down anything that is doing well enough. I think your doing well.

Why isn't Little Orbit listen to me? / Why is Little Orbit listening to people that don't know what they are talking about?

Most people have no clue how to make games. They complain about physics, matchmaking and so on yet they have never debugged a single line of code or actually considered the maths behind such systems. Until they even have the simplest understanding of these things they need to just keep out of it. Their opinions just bread hatred for the people making the games from more people who have no clue. Everyone is a critic yet 99.99999% of people are faceless blowhards with no clue. Please critic, take your self out of your mothers basement and look up at the sky. There is someone out their who maybe will even like you. You dont have to be critical of every single thing. Little Orbit are doing well. I have faith in them.

Edited by Seedy
debugging.
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I personally think its good that things are ACTUALLY changing. Sometimes things go wrong before they go right, trial and error. Most of the people who always post the same 'issues' don't have a good clue of how much work there actually is to do! Also maybe please consider implementing another few sound-kits into the in-game DAW and maybe a search by symbol function in the marketplace? 🙂

Don't take it personally, Matt. These guys don't know what they are talking about, they don't understand that you can't just fix all the problems in month.

I think the reason for ranting is partly due to not so many changes happening as expected but good people understand that the APB team is working really hard. Maybe you are not working on the threat level rework but you are working on the engine upgrade which will let you implement changes faster. What I want to say is: you guys are doing everything right - setting priorities. The players are not always right.

My personal request: please remove the mobility sling mod from the joker store Tommygun (Colby M-1922) and make it an open slot instead.

Edited by nikitos5
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

And I think a good idea would be to rework the auto distrct selection system for new players so that when they click 'join financial' the system does not send them to a silver distrct and instead to a bronze distrct. That would be the first step to improving new player experience

• Like 8

Let's talk about how some of the current changes by LO (and previous G1 changes) indirectly affect movement mechanics and the pace of the game in a bad way. I am talking about jump scouting, HVR accuracy change, proposed N-TEC jump shooting, etc that progress down a slope that LO seems to be going down at an accelerated rate.

• Like 2

shotguns dont suck..... ive used them before the update was done to what  it is now

the pre update shotguns were horrible to the point i didnt use them unless i had to

now they function a lot better to where i can play a balanced mission with them.

I think the cheating problem should be addressed first. Seeing Barry Allen, the fastest man alive running around in Waterfront botting everyone down with his JG for months really doesn't set a good example. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for your willingness to discuss the "problems" with us.

I wish the First topic is: IR 3 changes, shotguns sucks as they are now.

I find all changes okay and love new things except ir 3

• Like 2

Just now, TackoGirl said:

Thank you for your willingness to discuss the "problems" with us.

I wish the First topic is: IR 3 changes, shotguns sucks as they are now.

I find all changes okay and love new things except ir 3

I don't believe shotguns suck. I can break even with a  kill/death ratio with them

Where as before Little Orbit made any changes I would get lucky to get 2 kills with the shotguns

GeForce1080 ti graphics with 60 fps so my comp is decent enough but I couldn't get kills with a shotgun unless i got lucky before the update to shotguns

• Like 2

I think percs are kinda weak currently. They could do with a gentle nudge in the buffy direction, perhaps one-shotting vehicles?

• Like 4

Just now, AsgerLund said:

I think percs are kinda weak currently. They could do with a gentle nudge in the buffy direction, perhaps one-shotting vehicles?

but what would we use to arrest with them? 

The orange stun grenades blow  up cars if used wrong but percs are a lesser  to them so they  dont normally do so unles its almost dead anyways.

percs are great for arrests the way they are for around corners when ops run from you but if they did more damage i cant see  enforcers getting as many arrests when its already hard to arrest

iono...... what do you guys think.

1 hour ago, Seedy said:

Why isn't Little Orbit listen to me? / Why is Little Orbit listening to people that don't know what they are talking about?

Most people have no clue how to make games. They complain about physics, matchmaking and so on yet they have never debugged a single line of code or actually considered the maths behind such systems. Until they even have the simplest understanding of these things they need to just keep out of it. Their opinions just bread hatred for the people making the games from more people who have no clue. Everyone is a critic yet 99.99999% of people are faceless blowhards with no clue.

Totally agree with that.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

I don't believe shotguns suck. I can break even with a  kill/death ratio with them

Where as before Little Orbit made any changes I would get lucky to get 2 kills with the shotguns

GeForce1080 ti graphics with 60 fps so my comp is decent enough but I couldn't get kills with a shotgun unless i got lucky before the update to shotguns

okei and i was better with the shotguns befor the changes coming to live. now the shooting speed is too slow for me.

6 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

but what would we use to arrest with them? 

The orange stun grenades blow  up cars if used wrong but percs are a lesser  to them so they  dont normally do so unles its almost dead anyways.

percs are great for arrests the way they are for around corners when ops run from you but if they did more damage i cant see  enforcers getting as many arrests when its already hard to arrest

iono...... what do you guys think.

Buff PIG to one-shot stun.

4 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

which one was that again? kinda tired right now

The orange one.

"Why hasn't Little Orbit fixed the Matchmaking system? / Threat needs to go back to the way it was / De-threaters"

not why it s not fixd, but where we go ...

• Thanks 1

Just now, AsgerLund said:

The orange one.

is that the secondary stun weapon? that thing is annoying to use in a pinch

Hello Matt. I highly appreciate the work of your team and the complexity of production at the moment .

I ask you first of all to pay attention to . - Why hasn't Little Orbit fixed the Matchmaking system? / Threat needs to go back to the way it was / De-threaters .

give us more information about ongoing and planned projects .this will show the openness of the company and the project .

it is possible to consider the openness of banned accounts on FairFight and BattlEye ?

Edited by Yood

I would prefer if you would talk about your actual plans for the future of this game, not just engine upgrades etc. What direction do you want this game to go in, overall? Engine upgrades and balance aside, what's the end goal for LO's acquisition of APB?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Can we have polls to measure player feedback?
Both in-game and on the forums.

Voting would require Premium or attendency requirements

(Played 20 match in the last month and/or Sum of account character action district playtime >=100 hours, etc.)

Edited by Talla
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Ignas / qsn said:

bring IR to how it was before you started making changes to it. Thanks.

What about changes that happened since lo took over? Then just buff every non "core" weapon.

Edited by Excalibur!