MattScott

Community Discussion Topics

9 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

>taking some volunteer player GMs word on anything... especially one who has apparently never seen apb on twitch 

lul

>trying to defend that changing apb files isnt cheating

>smells like a configurer

lul

19 minutes ago, LordVegeta said:

>trying to defend that changing apb files isnt cheating

>smells like a configurer

lul

I mean, not all file edits are cheats, but if they're not USPS' launcher they're bannable.

8 hours ago, Kewlin said:

I mean, not all file edits are cheats, but if they're not USPS' launcher they're bannable.

in what way is editing your game files for APB not cheating? What purpose do you have editing game files other than to help yourself gain an advantage? 

10 minutes ago, LordVegeta said:

in what way is editing your game files for APB not cheating? What purpose do you have editing game files other than to help yourself gain an advantage? 

Making your game look like you're on LSD?
unknown.png

(Note that this pic was taken when BE was put on OTW for people to test, during which shader edits were totally allowed on OTW as they were testing BE and allowing others to test BE. Also, before someone says this would give an advantage because of outline shaders, it was fucking impossible to play with this shader well.)

55 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

Making your game look like you're on LSD?
unknown.png

(Note that this pic was taken when BE was put on OTW for people to test, during which shader edits were totally allowed on OTW as they were testing BE and allowing others to test BE. Also, before someone says this would give an advantage because of outline shaders, it was fucking impossible to play with this shader well.)

All those outlines and colors give you an advantage dude. It's so much easier to see the enemy when everything is outlined in black borders. Besides no one has access to do that, that is not a built-in function of the game. 

Why cant you play the game normally like the rest of us? 

10 minutes ago, LordVegeta said:

All those outlines and colors give you an advantage dude. It's so much easier to see the enemy when everything is outlined in black borders. Besides no one has access to do that, that is not a built-in function of the game. 

Why cant you play the game normally like the rest of us? 

Fuck man, can you read? I specifically said that I only did this in a small period of time on the OTW when LO allowed me to, I don't play like this, or with any custom shaders, lol.

And as I said, that particular shader was very difficult to play with. It purposefully covered huge portions of the screen in black half-tone that made recognizing shapes extremely difficult and the total over-saturation wore on your eyes hard. I only made it for shits and giggles and playing with it would be a major pain in the patootie.
(*EDIT* Also that particular iteration of that shader also threw away tons of color information IIRC to create a better comic stylized look.)

Edited by Kewlin

4 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

Fuck man, can you read? I specifically said that I only did this in a small period of time on the OTW when LO allowed me to, I don't play like this, or with any custom shaders, lol.

And as I said, that particular shader was very difficult to play with. It purposefully covered huge portions of the screen in black half-tone that made recognizing shapes extremely difficult and the total over-saturation wore on your eyes hard. I only made it for shits and giggles and playing with it would be a major pain in the patootie.
(*EDIT* Also that particular iteration of that shader also threw away tons of color information IIRC to create a better comic stylized look.)

It doesn't matter if you did it for a second or if you did it for 10 years, it's still cheating bro. That's all im saying. 

Just because the shader is difficult for you to play with doesn't mean it is difficult for everyone. 

1 hour ago, Kewlin said:

Note that this pic was taken when BE was put on OTW for people to test, during which shader edits were totally allowed on OTW as they were testing BE and allowing others to test BE

5 minutes ago, LordVegeta said:

It doesn't matter if you did it for a second or if you did it for 10 years, it's still cheating bro. That's all im saying. 

11 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

Fuck man, can you read?

815116.gif

• Like 2

Just now, LordVegeta said:

Just because the shader is difficult for you to play with doesn't mean it is difficult for everyone. 

Okay, but I just stated that I only did it on OTW when BE was being tested and LO wanted people to test file edits, cheats, third party programs, etc. to see what would trigger BE. I literally did it to help LO test out their anticheat and see what would trigger it. No reason to act like I'm some villain, lol.

Only me and one other person have that shader file to my knowledge, so your point is basically moot. Plus, if you wanted more saturation you could literally just fuck with your monitor settings, or are your monitor's OSD and color profiles cheats? If I removed the outline from that shader would it still be a cheat, despite being able to get better (still painful) results from changing my color profile in windows? Windows and monitor firmware aren't part of APB after all.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

Okay, but I just stated that I only did it on OTW when BE was being tested and LO wanted people to test file edits, cheats, third party programs, etc. to see what would trigger BE. I literally did it to help LO test out their anticheat and see what would trigger it. No reason to act like I'm some villain, lol.

Only me and one other person have that shader file to my knowledge, so your point is basically moot. Plus, if you wanted more saturation you could literally just fuck with your monitor settings, or are your monitor's OSD and color profiles cheats? If I removed the outline from that shader would it still be a cheat, despite being able to get better (still painful) results from changing my color profile in windows? Windows and monitor firmware aren't part of APB after all.

I dont care about that at all. Im just saying that what you are showing me is a cheat. 

Are you editing your apb files? then that is against TOS and if ur editing ur files ur probably using it to gain an advantage so then cheating. You can change ur windows color settings all you want that is hardware and has no effect on game files. 

1 minute ago, LordVegeta said:

I dont care about that at all. Im just saying that what you are showing me is a cheat. 

Are you editing your apb files? then that is against TOS and if ur editing ur files ur probably using it to gain an advantage so then cheating. You can change ur windows color settings all you want that is hardware and has no effect on game files.

1) Did you just say that you don't care if I was cheating or not? I'm confused.

2) I'm not talking about what's against the ToS or not, I'm talking about what is and isn't cheating. All I'm asking is if it's cheating to do something by editing files that you could do by changing your settings on your monitor or in windows.

1) I dont care about what you're telling me right now. 

2) I just told you what is and isnt cheating. Changing ur monitor isnt cheating because it doesnt edit ur files or do anything with them its pure hardware. Lol really? you have to question that?

44 minutes ago, LordVegeta said:

hey  enough is enough.

Little Orbit had him do it to test the server.

Kewlin was supposed to on the otw server and its been stated enough times.

If Little Orbit has him do something to help test who are you to say what it is or isn't?

OTW is a testing grounds and this was one of the tests.

11 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

hey  enough is enough.

Little Orbit had him do it to test the server.

Kewlin was supposed to on the otw server and its been stated enough times.

If Little Orbit has him do something to help test who are you to say what it is or isn't?

OTW is a testing grounds and this was one of the tests.

Dude im not saying what he did is wrong. All I am saying is that what he is showing is a cheat. If a player had that config they are cheating all I am saying you guys. Jesus

19 hours ago, LordVegeta said:

I just told you what is and isnt cheating. Changing ur monitor isnt cheating because it doesnt edit ur files or do anything with them its pure hardware. Lol really? you have to question that?

flat,550x550,075,f.jpg

So whether you consider something cheating doesn't matter if it gives you an unfair advantage you couldn't get otherwise or not, it purely has to do with if it edits the game files or injects into the program.

I.E. using hardware macros and monitor crosshairs is okay, but editing my game files so that my game is black and white is cheating?

13 hours ago, Kewlin said:

Why even bother discussing with him? He's obviously trolling lol.

Edited by Haganu

i don't really agree with most of the weapon balance changes. especially when you guys didn't have enough experience with the gun play. listening to the community while making such an important change to weapon meta without actually developing a sound understanding about why some weapons were played less than others was a bad idea for APB because of relatively small player base. this community very easily could've gotten you guys to make shotguns one shot from point blank range if they had agreed on it beforehand. if i were you Matt, i'd have rushed the engine upgrade. player base would increase in numbers and i'd monitor the numbers, give it time, take it slow, do changes one by one, get feedback, fix if broken don't touch if not then move on to the next one. ''OMG THEY WANT WEAPONS FIXED GUYS C'MON NO SLEEP WE FIX'' isn't how you guys should've approached to this but i digress.

unbanning cheaters was also the last thing these silvers highly skilled legit players wanted to see. i have no problem with it, i've been banned and unbanned twice so i really am the last person to comment on it. that act itself raised some suspicions whereas most of the comments we saw on the forums were positive. they probably wanted to believe you knew what you were doing.

my vote on the steam page has been negative for more than 5 years. it has nothing to do with you lol

2 hours ago, PoshDoll said:

~snip~

I'd agree with you except the unbanning part. IMO it was totally necessary, and honestly most people don't seem to have minded all that much.

On 10/25/2018 at 7:59 PM, Kewlin said:

flat,550x550,075,f.jpg

So whether you consider something cheating doesn't matter if it gives you an unfair advantage you couldn't get otherwise or not, it purely has to do with if it edits the game files or injects into the program.

I.E. using hardware macros and monitor crosshairs is okay, but editing my game files so that my game is black and white is cheating?

Dude you don't get it at all. Like you want me to point out every possible scenario or example of a cheat? Like how obvious do you want me to get here? I keep repeating myself and I feel like im a broken record. 

1) Does it edit game files? If yes - cheat

2) Are u trying to give urself an advantage over other players that they dont have access to? If yes - cheat

3) Does a hardware macro count as any of these two? yes - cheat

4) Does a monitor crosshair count as any of these two? yes - cheat

5) does it mean you will get banned for any of them? no, but is it cheating? yes

it's like not that hard to identify a cheat you guys. Think a little bit harder. YouDense.jpg

On 10/26/2018 at 9:06 AM, Haganu said:

Why even bother discussing with him? He's obviously trolling lol.

also not even trolling dude

30 minutes ago, LordVegeta said:

~snip~

Nah, I'm not trying to get anything out of you but a laugh. I don't want you to do anything.

9 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

Nah, I'm not trying to get anything out of you but a laugh. I don't want you to do anything.

So funny I forgot to laugh. 

• Thanks 1

All these people responding to LordVegeta, one of the most well known trolls of Jericho.

aadd5f488048dbb84768c5f5b2401cbb.gif

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hexerin said:

All these people responding to LordVegeta, one of the most well known trolls of Jericho.

aadd5f488048dbb84768c5f5b2401cbb.gif

Wait, you actually know who this guy is?

8 hours ago, Hexerin said:

[gif]

it’s mostly just fun to watch him flip flop around to keep his argument going tbh

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

it’s mostly just fun to watch him flip flop around to keep his argument going tbh

I'd have called it damage control if you were the one arguing. 

It's still a funny read though, I agree.