Sign in to follow this  
foscor77

Thunder is a bad act 44 reskin

Im talking about the legendary thunder showstopper, not the joker version which is awesome and practically whole different gun.

Thunder is a "shotgun" which ACTUALLY is very difficult to use in close range and shines in medium range. Now let it sink. A shotgun which sucks at close range and is good at medium range.

If you dont believe me, just solo with a thunder for 2-3 hours (supposing that you dont ragequit before that cuz the sucks in my humble opinion) and then try to use a stock act 44, why stock act 44? cuz its regarded as a very bad long range gun in general apb player opinion and you'll see that even act 44 does better than thunder at medium range.

Now we have a shotgun which sucks at close range and is subpar at medium range.

Conclusion Dont get this gun for close range, get the joker version instead which is a miles better. 

Dont get this gun for medium range, get act44 or rfp instead.

Lastly try not to pay 5 million or trade your ursus to get this gun. Not worth it 🙂 

This thread dont apply to weapon hoarders cuz they will do ANYTHING to make you buy it and make profit.

Edited by foscor77

11 minutes ago, darok70 said:

~SNIP~

This has not been my experience at all with the Thunder.

50 minutes ago, darok70 said:

------

Have you either used or owned an act 44 ????

they are not the same so it is not a reskin

46 minutes ago, SkittyM said:

I dont even.

*pats on head*

its ok shh its ok

its a whiskey tango foxtrot all over this , we know...shhh its ok

2 hours ago, darok70 said:

Im talking about the legendary thunder showstopper, not the joker version which is awesome and practically whole different gun.

Thunder is a "shotgun" which ACTUALLY is very difficult to use in close range and shines in medium range. Now let it sink. A shotgun which sucks at close range and is good at medium range.

If you dont believe me, just solo with a thunder for 2-3 hours (supposing that you dont ragequit before that cuz the sucks in my humble opinion) and then try to use a stock act 44, why stock act 44? cuz its regarded as a very bad long range gun in general apb player opinion and you'll see that even act 44 does better than thunder at medium range.

Conclusion Dont get this gun for close range, get the joker version instead which is a miles better. 

Dont get this gun for medium range, get act44 or rfp instead.

Lastly try not to pay 5 million or trade your ursus to get this gun. Not worth it 🙂 

This thread dont apply to weapon hoarders cuz they will do ANYTHING to make you buy it and make profit.

The Thunder is not an ACT44 reskin.. and it has advantages such as the fact that it is a 3 shot kill from a respectable distance. It is also very easy to hit targets at medium distances just by shooting in their "general" direction. You still gotta be able to somewhat aim but if an opponent skids their vegas so they can instantly get out and use their car as cover, you can instantly take down a third of their health just by shooting over the roof of the car. 

• Like 1

Well because of my limited English skills i guess i failed to make the point clear. Im not saying its exactly a reskin of any gun but it just sucks compared to other guns. 

This gun is the perfect example of a placebo effect. It makes you think your using some super cool "shotgun" which shoots at good range but its just a bad ranged gun with subpar capabilities. 

Sad most people are never going to understand it.

Edited by foscor77

what.

OP, i don't even remotely see how you can compare both guns

ACT has a range that goes from 0 to 70meters

SS has a 0-23 meters range

ACT kills in 4 shots

SS kills in 3

ACT is a long range pistol, fires one bullet at the time.

SS is a shotgun, it has spread, so the further you are the harder it is to kill due to pellet spread.

ACT kills in 1.5 seconds and has somewhat slow bloom recovery.

SS Kills in 1.02 seconds and pretty much has no bloom.

And you tell me those guns are similar? 586851087416295424.png

What kind of drink you had while making this topic, those guns have no resemblance whatsoever other than they're both secondaries

Edited by Ketog
  • Like 2

Honestly, Ive never had any issues playing well with the Thunder.

Are you sure you are using it correctly?

I've always done just fine with the Thunder.  I do way better with it than the base Showstopper.  If you can't hit people close range with it then that's on you.

OP: I can't kill in cqc with the Thunder so it must be bad.

FTFY

The hell are you on about?

The thunder is easily one of the best secondaries in the game and easily outguns an ACT or RFP in it's effective range.

It's also a very good cqc gun so there's that.

Don't blame the gun if you're bad, blame yourself.

you think the obir is bad, you compare the thunder to an act44 - i’m beginning to think you might just be bad at the game tbh

i’m a little confused on what you want out of the thunder tbh, it’s currently a shotgun secondary that has the same ttk(ish) as an fbw and outranges every other shotgun except the shredder atm 

as you’ve said the base showstopper is balanced solely for cqc (and it’s a little too strong but that’s a different thread), why would the legendary variant just be the same gun?

• Thanks 1

First thing... i won't sell one of my thunders for 5m when i easy can get 6.5m or something.

Second thing... i won't sell one of my thunders.

I dropped in another 80€ to get a second thunder this week (got a colby commander and 45d prem from gold boxes too) 

For me it was worth it so i don't have to send it around my chars. (Ah and to keep the servers running for u guys 😜).

thunder is the ultimate finisher/opening gun for mid range imo. 

I really enjoy to combine it with obir > if u hit 2 obir burst and the enemy is comming close u just need to hit a few pellets to finish him off. I can find me on such situations more often than u think.

With ACT 44 u have to hit ur 1 bullet (no pellets u know) so for those situations the thunder is better than ACT 44.

It really depends on playstyle and what u want from ur secondary.

If u only talk about mid range just stay with ur starter FBW / .45 / Frog Kokoe.

my 2 cent

Use it like a shotgun, predict his movement(it may seem weird but aim to legs may help to predict ) and use change visual right/left for better aiming/ disorient your opponent in close ranges.

If u continue to have problems I guess u need more to main and improve for a little with your shotgun style 😙

14 hours ago, Ketog said:

ACT kills in 1.5 seconds and has somewhat slow bloom recovery.

Not exactly, act bloom recovery is around the same as its refire time so you will pretty much always have perfect accuracy at max rof.

On 11/13/2019 at 4:18 AM, darok70 said:

...Have you ever used ANY OTHER legendary gun?

They all have their unique niche abilities and characteristics, but they also are all sub-par as to not be pay to win.

Edited by VickyFox

this gun is better at doing what the CSG used to do than the current CSG lol... its a 3 hit pistol up to 22~ meters... and its hard damage is high as fuck even higher than non-carkiller primaries in one magazine. using this gun with an osmaw is INSANE against both players and tank vehicles. i can actually compete with players using ntecs, smg's shotguns with this pistol + osmaw and kill cars easy. This pistol made me start using osmaw again.

Sign in to follow this