Ebola-Chan

make driving client side again

Now that we have battleeye make driving client side and make it that BE checks the files

when was driving client-side?

• Like 3

Driving should honestly never ever be client sided.  So many problems would arise from that, plus its aesthetically pleasing to see vehicles not warp around like crazy cause some people are at 100ms.

God i hate that shit so much in GTA O.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

were vehicles ever client sided ?

tho im completely up for that .

25 minutes ago, SkittyM said:

Driving should honestly never ever be client sided.  So many problems would arise from that, plus its aesthetically pleasing to see vehicles not warp around like crazy cause some people are at 100ms.

Ping doesn't cause warpping , packet loss does .

27 minutes ago, SkittyM said:

^ this ......

That would be a horrible fuсking idea, god, people with '' ideas '' lately, driving was never client sided and it shouldnt be in the future ! Problems with warping etc, plus, we would always have these douches who think they're something else and modify handling parametres to their favor, cars would behave differently, move along.

32 minutes ago, Ketog said:
58 minutes ago, SkittyM said:

Ping doesn't cause warpping , packet loss does .

It's still going to be there.
Look at games like Arma3, running Battle eye and being almost entirely client side.
Driving is often warpy, and desync is a major issue that causes vehicles to teleport into each other and just explode, not even including what you can abuse with desync ramming. 

• Like 1

lol this is a troll post right?

I thought it was pretty funny 😛

• Like 1

Even though this would be nice...

But we are not living in a perfect world where people wont abuse it.... So its a no 😞 !

Is was never client side though?

Plus it cannot be client side unless you want a bunch of hitreg, desync, and another huge amount of gameplay issues.

• Thanks 1

lol why would it have been client side but nothing else is? Honestly this guy is trolling isn't he? Please delete this thread! Its just daft.

No, this is an awful idea. One of APB's best features is that the vehicles are accurate on all systems. If you've played GTA and Saint's Row online you'll know just how lame it is to have vehicles that handle and show up completely different for everyone due to lag.

that’s gonna be a no from me dawg

Why are people so opposed to client-side server-verified vehicle handling? Isn't that how most racing games do it? Does it not work?

Either way I just want the vehicle handling to be more like a need for speed title. Responsive and somewhat solid.

Edited by Nite

1 minute ago, Nite said:

Why are people so opposed to client-side server-verified vehicle handling? Isn't that how most racing games do it? Does it not work?

Either way I just want the vehicle handling to be more like a need for speed title. Responsive and somewhat solid.

client side vehicles open up the possibility of intentional abuse, whether by exploiting connection issues or actual game tampering

it also leads to numerous desync problems in almost any game i’ve ever played with client side vehicles - anything from other cars kind of sliding  around to warping 100s of feet 

tbh, aside from the brief server verification delay i think the vehicles in apb have pretty solid handling for the most part 

1 minute ago, BXNNXD said:

client side vehicles open up the possibility of intentional abuse, whether by exploiting connection issues or actual game tampering

Couldn't we just fight most of that the same way we do intentional abuse for other aspects of a game though? client-side anti-cheat, district monitoring, etc. Though I imagine part of why that potential issue is so daunting is because vehicle impacts are one-shot-kill affairs in this game so I dunno. (Maybe if getting run over did HVR level damage and some kind of knockdown effect instead or something)

6 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

tbh, aside from the brief server verification delay i think the vehicles in apb have pretty solid handling for the most part 

Ehh, I kinda disagree with some cars but that's getting into subjectives so Imma leave that alone for now

Driving was never client side.  One of the great things about APB is when you're in a district, cars aren't appearing out of nowhere flying at you like their being spit out by some invisible being.  One of the worst things about GTA O is that cars are appearing out of nowhere flying at you like their being spit out by some invisible being.

That's what you get with client sided driving.

Edited by BrandonBranderson

1 hour ago, Nite said:

Couldn't we just fight most of that the same way we do intentional abuse for other aspects of a game though? client-side anti-cheat, district monitoring, etc. Though I imagine part of why that potential issue is so daunting is because vehicle impacts are one-shot-kill affairs in this game so I dunno. (Maybe if getting run over did HVR level damage and some kind of knockdown effect instead or something)

Ehh, I kinda disagree with some cars but that's getting into subjectives so Imma leave that alone for now

yeah, it would affect anything vehicle related though, i remember in nfs world cars would look like they were driving into a wall on your screen when really they were racing around 500m away on theirs

also it would lead to cars not being affected by physics a lot, like the game thinking cars hit you at 400mph

Edited by BXNNXD
typo

There's a thing called clientside prediction, you don't ever want anything to be clientside lol, just add clientside prediction to the cars so that they all handle similarly regardless of ping.

there isnt an issue with serverside-driving...the issue is driving with 200ms and 10.0 packetloss....

With APB's lag? You'd get this 24/7:

Edited by MrChan

I prefer to still have it server sided, with the amount of lags in-game I can't see how you can properly drive as described at the video above this comment.