Havana

Bring back Name and Shame

So yeah, I'm a POS lowly Silver. But, I will always be that way. WHy, Dethreaters, of who I so want to name but cant. I'm not talking about  the average run of the mill dethreater.

There are some Serious SHIT HEADS on Bronze. There is a specific clan and a particular individual; that rapes Bronze every other night!

I dont get how this is allowed so blatantly!  His name is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2 letters, and 3 numbers. He only plays in Bronze.

I guess he must dethreat under another character name. Because I can't get how he could be back in Bronze sooo fast after raping the Bronze District for 6  hours everyother night

He seems to have a pattern of about 4 to 5 weapons. ALL cheap as F:"K. 

Usually, Ogre, then Oscar, then Sniper, then Volcano. Thats the MO.

All in the dame mission everytime!

Yea, OK..IM crying...BUT on BRONZE..............................Really?

We got ppl trying to learn the game, and this TRYHARD  everyother night????????????

oF COURSE, bRAZILAN.

SpongeBob inspired if that helps with out helping..

I REALLY WANT TO NAME AND SHAME THIS POS!

• Like 6

CEO said not gonna do it.No names-fine but why not info about:server,faction,rank and reason why was ban.Its interesting at least for me(only EAC bans)

Edited by TheMessiah

This opening post isn't even a good debate starter. You are not trying to persuade anyone to allow naming and shaming; you created this thread to name and shame a specific player by trying to give specific details but not the name itself - sorry, but the end result is that you are still naming & shaming (and thus are in violation of the Forum Rules).

My stance is no, let's not have naming and shaming back.

Firstly, name & shame only gives the suspects/culprits easy publicity and makes them the talk of the town instead of punishing them for misdeeds.

Secondly, even with (or perhaps due to) such a vivid description, I still will stick to the "innocent until proven guilty" mindset. I have no idea of who you're talking about, I don't know who you are - I see no reason to trust one person's word over the other. Mob justice is hardly ever the right thing to do.

Thirdly, just forward the information to the moderation team through reports. They can exact much more punishment than you as a member of the community. If the offense is egregious enough, they can even ban the offender - the most you can do through N&S is make them more popular/known.

• Like 4

why not give the dethreaters a dunce hat like in GTA. Then they are not being name and shamed but simply being shown that they are not playing by the rules in game

• Like 4

16.917 forbidden characters will never allow this ,

Yea cause lets not shame hackers into not returning to ruin the game or playing the right way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Yea cause lets not shame hackers into not returning to ruin the game or playing the right way.

the point is that it doesn’t shame any cheaters, it just adds another way for them to get attention and increases toxicity in general

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

the point is that it doesn’t shame any cheaters, it just adds another way for them to get attention and increases toxicity in general

If the community shames them and excludes them from everything yes it would. The problem is that for yrs they were protected by this community and ppl refuse to change.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Darkzero3802 said:

If the community shames them and excludes them from everything yes it would. The problem is that for yrs they were protected by this community and ppl refuse to change.

cheaters don’t care what the community thinks, otherwise they wouldn’t cheat on the first place 

they just want the attention, people like film retooling 1000 times just so his name can show up on the ingame broadcast 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Glaciers said:

cheaters don’t care what the community thinks, otherwise they wouldn’t cheat on the first place 

they just want the attention, people like film retooling 1000 times just so his name can show up on the ingame broadcast 

Yes, cheaters like Film dont care.
But ask that the other scrubs who pretended to be good players.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Sentaii said:

Yes, cheaters like Film dont care.
But ask that the other scrubs who pretended to be good players.

Yup, now we're back to the times where names just silently vanish just to be replaced by a new name. Of course same group so you generally know but well... no proof.

• Like 1

When was name and shame ever allowed?

During FF name and shame wasnt allowed here.

FFbans was not an offical apb platform.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, UubeNubeh DaWog said:

When was name and shame ever allowed?

During FF name and shame wasnt allowed here.

FFbans was not an offical apb platform.

The only time that I remember when Name & Shame was allowed by G1,

was about 3 or 4 years ago.

They had a massive Ban List as a sticky, and said they would keep it open for a while.

That thread was about 50+ pages before G1 locked it after a year.

This was before FF if I remember correctly.

Yep... good times.

😁

Edited by Westford

why are you so angry

its only game, why u have to be mad?

1 hour ago, neophobia said:

why are you so angry

its only game, why u have to be mad?

I don't believe that it is extreme anger, per say.

But rather frustrations.

Let's look at the basics of why "any" of us play video games.

For most, it is for the pure enjoyment and entertainment factor.

Others, it might be for monetary reasons.

Let's concentrate on the pleasure seekers.

When neither enjoyment or a satisfying entertainment experience can be achieved, 

this leads to extreme frustration.

It can get tiresome.

So.... what do we do ?

We leave.... to do something else.

Perhaps another game.

Anyways.

Edited by Westford

We leave....   if you don't see the reason - you are blind and brainless

Edited by Yood

5 hours ago, porcupine_omg said:

Why do silvers act like this

I do not believe that it was a silver, but a bronze.

Sigh.... heavy hearts to the Bronze player.

1 hour ago, Westford said:

The only time that I remember when Name & Shame was allowed by G1,

was about 3 or 4 years ago.

They had a massive Ban List as a sticky, and said they would keep it open for a while.

That thread was about 50+ pages before G1 locked it after a year.

This was before FF if I remember correctly.

Yep... good times.

😁

I remember the ban list.
It was the first 200 or so banned under fair fight while it was run in secret for about a month.

Name and Shame still wasnt allowed outside that one thread. Even if it was allowed there.

Edited by UubeNubeh DaWog
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

but it never did.

some openly would make names ver 1 ver 2 etc just to be seen again and mess with peoples heads.

others made toxic names just to forcefully get banned and cause problems that way.

and the attention they received only encouraged them more.

and regardless of that , it became so toxic so hateful of conversations to be on that APB simply was not fun to play , which is what games are supposed to be.

for those and other reasons , name and shame should never be back

the situation in which us players has put team LO - ridiculous . we used to know who was a fraud . now the crooks just ischezayut . after in social networks we see comments : I JUST stopped playing because your game is SHIT 

Edited by Yood

22 hours ago, Havana said:

I REALLY WANT TO NAME AND SHAME THIS POS!

So some guy is showing off to his clan mates by stomping on new players...

What is naming and shaming going to do seriously? It'll probably give him credit and make him validated, give him the attention he seeks and craves and isn't getting at home!

Seriously It doesn't make you look any better and he won't feel any worse if you call him out on it.

The matchmaking and threat system needs a rework and it is something on the To-Do list with Little Orbit, but if you're feeling frustrated then come back some other time of day, play in another district or just don't bother playing at all.

Don't feel the troll.

• Like 2