MattScott

New SPCT team

Bringing back SPCT is definitely a good and much needed choice, considering the public version doesn't really work out in the small playerbase, so we need some selected people that will actually test things.

Solid choices for the team by the way!

Edited by GhosT
typoö

42 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Not 100% sure if I am set on the idea of how publicized it is though.

In a community as harmonious and constructive as ours, I don't see the big issue.

However, in a game with a more toxic environment, any publicly named player participating in an official volunteer team like this should expect to be called out on every single tiny bug or any company decision, by attention seeking, self centered, mouth breathing, knuckle dragging players/posters without a smidgeon of common sense. So having a public list of volunteers in a game with THAT kind of community could be an issue.

• Like 4

Thanks Matt for sharing this with us, I can't wait to see how it goes

Edited by RubyGee

I can vouch for those guys. All of them have been very implicated and caring for the game.

Pretty confident their testing & reports will be of the utmost quality too.

Main problem with OTW has always been finding enough people to playtest at the same time.

Thanks alot guys for helping APB recover from its dark era.

Let's get there :classic_smile:

Edited by Talla

satisfying enough list, please don't add people who are begging you to become one though.

Edited by ch4ncer
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Kiida said:

LO gave everyone a clean slate when they took over.  If they haven't broken any rules or cheated since the then, who cares? Much bigger problems to think about.

Not that this is relevant to anyone that has been selected to SPCT.  @MattScott Clearly stated that if there is proof of someone cheating in the past they would get rebanned,In a previous post. The whole clean state was just because they couldn’t confirm who got banned for cheating and who didn’t. But he did state that he would ban players where there was obvious proof, Though there has been no signs of him upholding his word on that though.

But congrats again to Kemp, Frosi, Elanih, Rooq,  and Shakespade really good choices.

Glad to see that half of the new SPCT team consists of players who have 0 perception of the game

Is there a chance we can have a counterpart of this on the console versions?

1 hour ago, Dasimoge said:

Rooq 🧐

Hi!

I will do my best to provide insights and feedback where I can. Hopefully the team will expand soon to encompass a variety of other players.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rooq said:

Hi!

I will do my best to provide insights and feedback where I can. Hopefully the team will expand soon to encompass a variety of other players.

Was slightly confused, haven't seen ur name in ages ha!

Congratulation for being a SPCT now! 🙂

1 hour ago, AsgerLund said:

In a community as harmonious and constructive as ours, I don't see the big issue.

However, in a game with a more toxic environment, any publicly named player participating in an official volunteer team like this should expect to be called out on every single tiny bug or any company decision, by attention seeking, self centered, mouth breathing, knuckle dragging players/posters without a smidgeon of common sense. So having a public list of volunteers in a game with THAT kind of community could be an issue.

giphy.gif

@CookiePuss ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ gibe butcher skin

6 hours ago, Yood said:

question for you ! your character was banned by the system FF ? 

Ah, the typical "YoU cHeAtEd In ThE pAsT" comment. Once a cheater, always a cheater, amirite?

No but seriously, who cares? You gonna do this for all the accounts that had their fairfight/punkbuster bans reversed?

you would think the community would have stopped doing this a long time ago. I guess not

@SKay as a fellow tommy gun user, I think you know what needs to be done. You better get the Tommy gun buffed my man, or else there are gonna be problens

People actually complaining about volunteers in this program?

At this point apart from the off-chance that you're an actual saint you have to be big headed or suffer from a superiority complex to even want to participate in this ungrateful task.

Being jealous about it is really the last thing one should feel about it. I'm rather amused with a touch of ominous anticipation where this is going.

Still thankful of course, good luck to SPCT, hope it goes well, truly do since it would benefit the game!

Good luck to the New Generation SPCT!

We count on you!

Glad to see the SPCT is back

Edited by WingedArc
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

Over the last few months, Little Orbit has created 2 new events and we are about start Slay Bells next week. We added 2FA, a new reporting system, and we’re going to be testing the new engine upgrade and RIOT mode soon.

That’s a lot, and we’ve seen what it looks like when we rush things or don’t communicate enough with you, our players.

So it’s more important than ever that we re-create the San Paro City Testers (SPCT) to have a group of dedicated players that we can test with to collect feedback. Although this job sounds glamorous, I can assure you these players work hard to make themselves available. They play through buggy content, and they spend time writing up notes to help us fix it.

I am very pleased with the team we have selected. I wanted a combination of the best players who have the most availability, and even some who have been our harshest critics.

In the spirit of transparency, here are the current members of the SPCT:

Shini, Kempington, Skay, Frosi, Rooq, Skitty, CookyPuss, Shakespade, Kevkof, Elanih, Speedz

We will be adding more over time. 

These players are under NDA, however whenever possible, I’ll try to give them approval to post their raw feedback on upcoming events and features, so everyone can track our progress.

Thanks,

Matt

edited: ... for reasons

Kempington, The guy that said shotgun buff was fine and there was no issue? But i see some very good candidates so i have no worries :). Also glad we got a normal test team now

flat,800x800,070,f.u2.jpg&f=1

Edited by Gateron
  • Thanks 3

Remember, each person can have an opinion. They are vocal about it, and that's something LO wants.

But at the end, LO will gather all the opinions and decide what's what.

• Like 1

I hope that when it comes down to testing the EU, there's at least one SPCT member with a Radeon GPU or Ryzen CPU to iron out any possible bugs appearing on that hardware. AFAIK most of the SPCT players listed are using the widespread Nvidia + Intel combo (like I am currently), so if new testers have to be added, having more diverse hardware to test with would be a good criterium. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, Gateron said:

Kempington, The guy that said shotgun buff was fine and there was no issue? But i see some very good candidates so i have no worries :). Also glad we got a normal test team now

30 minutes ago, LoveForMatt said:

And that car have no hitvoxes or something like that 😜

Kemp and I might not get along very well at times, but you cannot deny that he knows more about APB than just about anyone.

8 hours ago, AsgerLund said:

SPCT being public was something we kinda pushed for after Lixil had wanted to make it all private and some things we didn't agree with.  Really it was more of a "It worked during RP, so why not?" thing.  Also Matt agreed with us though his opinion on the NDA was mildly amusing.

4 minutes ago, Lyfeld said:

I hope that when it comes down to testing the EU, there's at least one SPCT member with a Radeon GPU or Ryzen CPU to iron out any possible bugs appearing on that hardware. AFAIK most of the SPCT players listed are using the widespread Nvidia + Intel combo (like I am currently), so if new testers have to be added, having more diverse hardware to test with would be a good criterium. 

I have a Ryzen 7 1800X and GTA 1070 SC, would never touch an AMD GPU but im sure APB will run fine on both.  I think the main thing is kicking the rest of the graphical load off the CPU and letting it spread load over multiple cores.  That was something RP was trying to fix on console as i recall.