PACwoMAN

When the optimization will come?

“Engine Upgrade”... I’m sure they will say “new engine -> better graphics -> worse FPS. You should know”.
 It’s like PlanetSide 2 - “U have a AMD CPU? 8 cores? Lol! We will use two of them anyway so good luck with 30fps gameplay...” 

I had about 40-50fps with max settings, 1280*1024 and physx update in Unreal Tournament 2007 with GF8600 GT 256mb and the graphics were twice better.

Edited by PACwoMAN

On 9/6/2018 at 12:20 PM, BrandonBranderson said:

You can thank G1 getting "creative" with the login screen and main menu for the increased startup time.

It's like some kid put together his set of action figures and thinks it's a masterpiece.

Bring back old login screen and music xd xdx dx dx dxd xdx
  • Like 1

On 9/6/2018 at 10:04 PM, DrTilt said:

i'll leave this here

Gonna need a different language to call the amount of progress shown in this video garbage
Instead of modeling in social in the background of waterfront they just completely removed the land on the other side of the bridge and called it a day, shows there wasn't any intention at all to complete waterfront and instead just fill in a few parts here and there with props.
Boats popping in, LOD is as harsh as in the old engine, slightly less harsh at best.
The DOF blur is just painful to look at. Might aswell put fog there like @Revoluzzer mentioned.
If this is one of the latest builds no way LO is gonna make anyone happy releasing Unreal 3.5 to live after completing the 2 major systems that still needed to be worked on.

I need another language to call this garbage so I guess I'll go ahead and call it gomi.
Meanwhile I wonder if they fixed the shadows inside of shadows design flaw during the day.

Hi there,

I actually have no idea what build this video was taken from. I can say that it isn't from any recent build of ours.
Having said that, I think we should keep the expectations for the Unreal 3.5 upgrade realistic.
We aren't remodeling the districts. The goal is to sync the codebase and improve performance on modern hardware.

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5

15 minutes ago, MattScott said:

I think we should keep the expectations for the Unreal 3.5 upgrade realistic.
We aren't remodeling the districts. The goal is to sync the codebase and improve performance on modern hardware.

Thanks,
Matt

I wish we could make every single player read this. 

18 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Hi there,

I actually have no idea what build this video was taken from. I can say that it isn't from any recent build of ours.
Having said that, I think we should keep the expectations for the Unreal 3.5 upgrade realistic.

Thanks,
Matt

There's a dude who made a program to move the camera on 3.5 client rather recently, so this is just somebody using that alongside changing the map used by the login screen menu. Judging by what I know, which is probably at least 95% of what's relevant to know on this subject, this is almost certainly going to be the patch that was on OTW2 on august 25th.

That should have been mentioned, and people should know that the login screen doesn't necessarily work the same way as in-game, but we don't live in a perfect world, do we.   😜

Unrelated, and I know I've asked you this before I think, but is there any chance you're going to look into reverting some of the texture changes made in the current 3.5 version of APB? Edited by Kewlin
Changed some wording.

33 minutes ago, MattScott said:

improve performance on modern hardware

thats the only thing i want

1 hour ago, MattScott said:

Hi there,

Thanks,
Matt

Patch Version="2.0.0.750394"

Also for the people talking about the DOF being painful to look at, there are plenty of quality options to turn it off completely, you're literally whining about something that isn't released nor you have ever played or messed with and are implying that there is no way to change it. Tell me any recent game that doesn't have motion blur, DOF or blur in general on max settings. Edited by Frosi
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi there,

Thanks,
Matt

But let's talk about it not in the short term, but in the long term: will districts get remodeled at some point? Is it something that you, as the CEO and responsible for the game, would like to see?

Maybe updated buildings? These square boxes with random windows are really outdated. We can get along with it for now, but sooner or later, we're going to need fresh buildings to look at while we go pew pew.
(Even buildings where we can get inside, interact with, not just standing there for fancy looks)

thanks to my intel 760p ssd it takes apb 2 sec to go to login menu

Edited by Deadliest

On 9/6/2018 at 5:21 PM, PACwoMAN said:

So i've started playing since end of CBT/OBT start and had a crap PC like most of players at that time. It was a Dual core Athlon x64, GTS450 1GB and 2GB of PC6400@800MHz RAM. The game runs on that PC about ~40fps (minimal settings), launched for about ~30 seconds. Ofcourse after I've upgraded my PC and it was Phenom x6, 4GB of RAM. GTX660 2GB. The 1.6 update was released - game launching increased from 30 seconds to 45 or so, fps was the same as with old hardware. 

It's about 6 years passed but wtf? i7 7700hq, 16GB of DDR4 RAM, GTX1060 6GB - still fps drops from 100 below 50. U can say "laptop is a crap" and u will be right a little because PC are cheaper/better for the same price. But seriously - game launching for about a minute right now from SSD with 16GB of RAM till Login menu. It's too many. Only Batman AKnight launching for same amount of time cuz unoptimized like shit.

APB - ~50fps average on minimum@1080p
DooM 2016 - ~80fps average on all max (80-125fps)
Witcher 3 - ~52-60fps all max (HW off, with HW 43-57fps)
GTA V - ~all settings at max, rare drops to 50fps, most of time solid 80+
Dying Light - all max ~52-60fps (VSync is ON)
Dark Souls 3 - all max, solid 59-60FPS (capped by the game)
FarCry 5 - ~50fps average, 47fps minimum. 74 max - all max settings
Fallout 4 with Ultra High Resolutin Pack (92GB on hard drive) - solid 60FPS all max, 4K textures, VSync is ON.

I know about the UE3 "two cores usage", I know about the core parking and etc., but the fact is that the game goes worse each year about optimization.

CPU usage about 30%, GPU 35%.

somebody else i think had an issue like this and i belive it is because you play on minimum, try ramping up the setting bit by bit, try using advanced launched

On 9/8/2018 at 12:34 PM, Deathshow99 said:
somebody else i think had an issue like this and i belive it is because you play on minimum, try ramping up the setting bit by bit, try using advanced launched
I’ve tried all the settings already and got no luck. So now I’m using low settings and have 45-110fps. I would prefer 60-70fps because those 45fps ain’t smooth.
 Main problem in this game is that you will don’t get smooth frame rate if it less than 60. In other games you don’t have stuttering at ~40fps like here.

On 9/8/2018 at 12:34 AM, Deathshow99 said:
In those cases it's because their GPU is downclocking due to the horribly implemented turbo/boost function on modern graphics cards.

On 9/7/2018 at 8:58 PM, MattScott said:

Hi there,

Thanks,
Matt

It was from the last build from G1(i think) Version 2.0.0

On 9/7/2018 at 8:58 PM, MattScott said:

Hi there,

Thanks,
Matt

alright. Interesting
Would there be any chance that mayyyyybeeee we can get a small blogpost on the UE3.5 progress on where it is now? maybe some screenshots to make us keep our high hopes on 3.5? :')
On 9/7/2018 at 11:33 PM, Poperon said:

But let's talk about it not in the short term, but in the long term: will districts get remodeled at some point? Is it something that you, as the CEO and responsible for the game, would like to see?

Maybe updated buildings? These square boxes with random windows are really outdated. We can get along with it for now, but sooner or later, we're going to need fresh buildings to look at while we go pew pew.
(Even buildings where we can get inside, interact with, not just standing there for fancy looks)
+1
let us open the doors and get in Kappa
jk jk
but ye...

On 9/7/2018 at 7:34 AM, Revoluzzer said:

Not in APB. It mainly targets the CPU. Well, at least one core of the CPU and perhaps a second one a little? It's just not built for modern hardware, because it's held together by duct tape and prayer already.

I hear this a lot, and while the GPU load does vary, if there is no bottleneck then it shouldn't be stuck under 50%.  It is very CPU heavy though.

I have an AMD Ryzen 5 2600X and a Nvidia 970, GPU usage fluctuates between 70-90%

ACg1cZl.jpg

On my old system with an i7 2600 and the same 970 it would range from 45-55% GPU load.  I would assume the OPs system would do better.

Engine upgrade is the last hope. If that does not fix the abysmal performance that will be the end for apb.

7 hours ago, ╬ PzKpfw VI Tiger said:

Engine upgrade is the last hope. If that does not fix the abysmal performance that will be the end for apb.

If I remember correctly, I think it was said a while ago that it would first be put on OTW as soon as it's in a playable state. Meaning it could be good or bad. So even if it comes out on OTW and performs about average or slightly worse, it's only for testing on that version and would definitely be improved on before being put on live.
This is just what I think I remember, so I could be wrong.

Q1 2014, brother

LO is the first company to really start moving things forward since the original G1 took over.   Give them time.  
They've already done more in a few months than G1 did in a few years.  

On 9/7/2018 at 1:11 PM, IAmDisappointSon said:
It's like some kid put together his set of action figures and thinks it's a masterpiece.
This is how I feel about every render ever.

On 9/10/2018 at 4:22 PM, ScottDaniels said:
I hear this a lot, and while the GPU load does vary, if there is no bottleneck then it shouldn't be stuck under 50%.  It is very CPU heavy though.

I have an AMD Ryzen 5 2600X and a Nvidia 970, GPU usage fluctuates between 70-90%
Resolution and gimmicks like anti-aliasing probably matter, too.
Your screenshots look very smooth, are you running at over 1920x1080?

9 hours ago, Revoluzzer said:
Resolution and gimmicks like anti-aliasing probably matter, too.
Your screenshots look very smooth, are you running at over 1920x1080?
Running at 1920x1080, AA forced on from the graphics driver options 16x AF.