MattScott

Upcoming Weapon Balance changes

-snip-

Edited by JenzAmaka

27 minutes ago, JenzAmaka said:

-snip-

I saw that.

5 hours ago, Caesruul said:

While I am excited about this, I'd like to drop a little constructive criticism on some of this here.

1. While I can't really deny this is a good workaround, the main problem with the HVR was it's damage and equip time, as some people have said.
    Dropping it from 850 damage to 700/640(to compensate for the Colby RSA's 350) damage means people using Quick-Switch methods will not work, as not a lot of secondary guns will go over what the RSA is capable of dishing out. It also should allow for snipers to finish off players using Clotting Agent 3(one of the most used green mods) unlike the 243 scout which they can recover from to tank a third shot.
    Another suggestion is to add weapon sway(wait, what?) to the HVR when it's being hipfired, and increase secondary weapon equip time when it has been fired, but ONLY when it has been fired.
  2. Shotguns...Honestly, I think they are fine where they are now, but certain shotguns do need some touching up. The DOW Thumper could benefit from an effect like that, and if the effect overall were to be implemented in all shotguns, I would honestly buff it to a point where it's barely noticeable, because people who know how to play shotguns can use that VERY effectively.
  3. Misc Tweaks
    1. Do NOT improve the damage on this gun. It's already a 5 shot rifle, and the tapfire alone enough is in a buff of itself.
    2. I'm not sure what to make of this. This gun was meant to be originally the "Automatic" version of the Joker Carbine, but now with the changes you're throwing in, it's becoming a MUCH different rifle that had a very specific niche.
    3. Hoo-boy, this is in the same spot as the AR-97. I would normally burst-fire it2 shots and wait a bit, but I think this might be an overbuff- we'll wait and see.
    4. Not much to say here, gun is in a good place.
    5. No comment, I don't own that gun.
    6. The problem with this gun isn't the recoil pattern. It's the fact it takes 10 shots to kill a player in .77 seconds, compared to the OCA-EW 626's 6-shot kil in .64 seconds. Less rounds, less time, which one are you going to run? Even if the OCA misses a shot, it's still going to kill the faster than an H-9 missing a shot.
    7. Honestly wouldn't mind this, I can't find much to say here.
    8. Please choose a unique crosshair that doesn't obscure the target like the old one did. And as for the accuracy curve, this is something that I'm not too sure about how it'll fare.

1. It's fine, noone uses it anyways, and the "overkill" like most guns have, is simply to prevent CA3 healing preventing the kill so easily.

2. Which is fine, as those were the changes that were originally asked for. Before it was "just decrease ttk keep stuff same or make it more accurate" but things changed with its "buff" and ended up making it worse (go figure), maybe now this will actually be useful.

3. Doubt it, they are only doing minor tweaks, meaning its change may only be slightly noticable. Still won't be OP nor too strong. They don't want PTW cries, but making a weapon useful is still their goal

4. Good place as in noone ever uses it because its useless? I have one and every other LMG is more useful than it. Except this is semi good against people and cars in comparison to alig just against cars.

5. Its almost like the DMR, but worse, every shot increases recoil drastically. I think i have the sniper varient so im stuck with uselessness xD

6. While true, that .07s does make a bit of a difference, it is more effective at range in comparison to the OCA as well, where it would almost have to spray the entire mag or switch to pistol. If the change is good enough, it won't be so bad.

7. I can't figure out what its trying to say so ill just go with it, any love is good for it.

8. Interesting.

7 hours ago, Similarities said:

The first pellets that hit the person do more damage, the followup pellets hit for less damage, this has no effect on the automatic shotgun strength. Notice how I say pellets, not shots. 🤔

I wonder if instead of a wall of pellets hitting at the same time, they are going to come out in a "random order" almost same time but not quite, to help with lag. Would be interesting.

43 minutes ago, JenzAmaka said:

-snip-

15 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

I saw that.

A≠B

Looks like holding W while PMGing down everyone while they cry and talk shit to me on district chat will still function the same. Sounds good to me, carry on citizens!

tenor.gif?itemid=5227778

5 hours ago, Caesruul said:

OCA-EW 626's 6-shot kil in .64 seconds

I read all your points, just wanted to let you know its 8, not 6.

12 minutes ago, Ohshii said:

Looks like holding W while PMGing down everyone while they cry and talk shit to me on district chat will still function the same. Sounds good to me, carry on citizens!

tenor.gif?itemid=5227778

not if i pay $200 and kill u in 0.00001 seconds with a yukon

This is great, death to quickswitchers! INb4 gimpington

7 hours ago, foolish ninja said:

yukon nerf when?

ATAC nerf when?

RFB nerf when?

the nhvr didnt really needed that kind of change, but more like a slower change time and less damage.

also the shotgun change sounds horrible. the way i understood, the first shot does more damage than the next upcoming shots. So that means if you hit somebody from like 15m and only 2 pellets hit, the next pellets will do less damage??

horrible! horrible!

I think Yukon and ATAC isn't OP.

Yukon only works less 5m. Nano or .45 is better.

ATAC is easy to handle but N-TEC is better...

RFP fang maybe need nerf , the range and accuracy is little op. its a pocket OBIR.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dett2 said:

I think Yukon and ATAC isn't OP.

Yukon only works less 5m. Nano or .45 is better.

ATAC is easy to handle but N-TEC is better...

RFP fang maybe need nerf , the range and accuracy is little op. its a pocket OBIR.

i agree ATAC is absolutely fine and easy to kill... i would better look at the oscar range accuracy and n-tec CQC power...

11 hours ago, MattScott said:

2) COBR-A

Remove the accuracy curve and improve accuracy recovery rates.

3) ISSR-a

Low recovery time for accuracy loss, so you can wait less time after taking a shot to fire again.

So are these basically getting reverted back to their former glory? They used to have instant bloom recovery kind of like the Star LCR.. the COBR-A needed a firerate increase and instead they messed with the bloom for whatever reason

shotgun changes are nice..

Edited by BingoBookBG

11 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

We will be putting these changes on OTW  soon for players to test.

Thanks,

Matt

It would be great if you could let us know when that happens!

Of this update what really makes me happy is to see the Anubis legendary become again a worth to use gun. Yay!

IMHO the sniper rifles just needed a forced in-scope mod to be balanced. No need to change the damage, just make it so that shooting without scope means you don't have any accuracy.

For real, it's a fucking sniper. The problem of snipers in the game is not the damage, most shooter games have a 1-hit kill sniper. The problem is that in a TPS game, you can have a great accuracy without scoping which is why it is so overpowered in cqc and quickswitching.

Force the High Magnification Scope mod on the snipers, and boom! Problem solved. I really wanna see people cqc with it.

Edited by Nessie

Just inform us when it will be in OTW. I really need to test this changes before they are applied - I have many concerns about them. @MattScott

Edited by Mitne

Doesn't sound so bad, we'll see. I guess balancing secondaries comes later? Yukon/rfp could need some balancing done.. ⚖️

10 hours ago, speee said:

Nice job with this one. Can tell you really put thought into these changes.

I was not being sarcastic with this comment. I really appreciate LO taking their time. No need for quick and drastic changes. 

Edited by speee

lel AR-97 'Misery'  is still op, so i can play with this gun XD now he get buffed NICE !!

2 hours ago, SpeedyCat said:

That is the official Test Server World for testing stuff before the devs launch it live in APB... all Players with Premium can access it.

Not just premium can access it now, lo changed it so everyone can.

• Thanks 2

15 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

We will be putting these changes on OTW  soon for players to test.

This system is updated every time you boot APB. We also make small tweaks to our own internal systems every patch.

Thanks,

Matt

Can u errr, remove the restriction of only premium users have the privilege to play on OTW? There would be more ppl to test out the weapons and which is a good thing right? Cuz not everyone could afford premium.

Edited by Defibrillator