Jump to content
MattScott

CANCELLED: October 2nd name release

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Uhtdred said:

When is the new  "world server merge" going to happen??

at this rate it sounds like the server merge is going to happen before the name wipe, which is honestly what should have been done in the first place

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Deadliest said:

just bann that dude who made 50+  accounts seriously 

what do you ban

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't tell whether this is funny or sad. Yet another thing postponed due to mismanagement. 

You've been talking about it over a month and a half, you knew your mail system (supposedly?) sucks and you will be rebuilding it, and yet you planned this and made the  announcement.

Did you really also not expect some people to start "squatting" names so they can resell them later? 

Unfortunately you can't easily prevent that unless build some detection system for account creations but then...hwid spoofing.

 

"For those that bought name changes, we're not that far out."

 You realize that once someone buys a name change they can't play with that character until they change their name? 🙂  But it's also people's fault for preemptively buying name changes.

 

Sorry, I wish I could say something positive but you guys are making it very difficult.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Sayori said:

Can't tell whether this is funny or sad. Yet another thing postponed due to mismanagement. 

You've been talking about it over a month and a half, you knew your mail system (supposedly?) sucks and you will be rebuilding it, and yet you planned this and made the  announcement.

Did you really also not expect some people to start "squatting" names so they can resell them later? 

Unfortunately you can't easily prevent that unless build some detection system for account creations but then...hwid spoofing.

 

"For those that bought name changes, we're not that far out."

 You realize that once someone buys a name change they can't play with that character until they change their name? 🙂  But it's also people's fault for preemptively buying name changes.

 

Sorry, I wish I could say something positive but you guys are making it very difficult.

 

For the people that did name change prior to the cancellation. Good luck contacting support, it's going to take at least a month or more until they respond to your ticket.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

E-Mailing people.

 

Fair, but stupid in one way as people will download APB, login to keep their name, and continue not touching the game.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What would have happened if the newsletter got fixed lets say 2 days ago. Would you call that enough lead time for people to react?

See... I don't see how this is a case of unforeseen circumstances. It was clear that the deadline couldn't be kept so why the last minute second announcement?

The majority of us totally understand unexpected trouble and delays. We appreciate the work that has been done and is continued to be done.

However we got burnt to many times in the past to be treated like that. Just be straight forward and don't sell us for cheap! Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, GhosT said:

E-Mailing people.

 

Fair, but stupid in one way as people will download APB, login to keep their name, and continue not touching the game.

But they are just waiting for the engine upgrade...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

^ logic of biased name hoarders

Edited by ForumUser

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nev said:

For the people that did name change prior to the cancellation. Good luck contacting support, it's going to take at least a month or more until they respond to your ticket.

Quite a few people are impacted by this - I've already escalated it as a potentially larger issue that needs to be addressed.

But thank you for highlighting it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Flight said:

Quite a few people are impacted by this - I've already escalated it as a potentially larger issue that needs to be addressed.

But thank you for highlighting it.

 

Something totally avoildable if someone gave that info like a few days ago.  And given Support hast capacity issues this isn't going to mane any of this better at the moment.

Edited by LilyV3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LilyV3 said:

 

Something totally avoildable f someoen gave that info like a few days ago.  And given Support hast capacity issues this isn't going to mane any of this better at the moment.

You are absolutely correct, and your criticism is valid. In the future these things need to be clarified way ahead of time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Algoz said:

Why do you guys keep postponing stuff? Just don't give dates, so far i'm happy with the communication itself but the amount misinformation is beyond acceptable (dates, patch notes, news)

Like "sorry, i forgot to mention", "we apologize for the misunderstanding". It is ridiculous.

Because some of the problem is Little Orbit has been finding even more problems G1 left behind that was never disclosed.

It  makes things difficult because of it.

 

1 hour ago, GhosT said:

E-Mailing people.

 

Fair, but stupid in one way as people will download APB, login to keep their name, and continue not touching the game.

This happened in the past as well.

4 hours ago, Solamente said:

at this rate it sounds like the server merge is going to happen before the name wipe, which is honestly what should have been done in the first place

agreed. I think this is the best course to do

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it's still going to happen, why did you write CANCELED?

You're also missing an L in that word :Þ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, GhosT said:

If it's still going to happen, why did you write CANCELED?

You're also missing an L in that word :Þ

 

because the october 2nd one is canceled you cannot delay it, well you can but that means we have to wait a whole year xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
1 hour ago, Flight said:

You are absolutely correct, and your criticism is valid. In the future these things need to be clarified way ahead of time.

Exactly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope we dont have to wait for this, like the time we still wait for engine 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, LilyV3 said:

 

because the october 2nd one is canceled you cannot delay it, well you can but that means we have to wait a whole year xD

 

Still implies that the whole thing is cancelled instead of postponed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You had all this time. stop putting dates on things when it's never going to happen, i bet when the engine update finally happens you guys will somehow find a way to screw it up, you tell us now to decide to cancel rather than tells us  beforehand? why not yesterday why not last week,  you knew this would happen. i'm done with this crap broken promises and i even bet that the engine upgrade will be delayed too. just don't put a time stamp on things, don't give the community false hope it's not fair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Golderlight123 said:

You had all this time. stop putting dates on things when it's never going to happen, i bet when the engine update finally happens you guys will somehow find a way to screw it up, you tell us now to decide to cancel rather than tells us  beforehand? why not yesterday why not last week,  you knew this would happen. i'm done with this crap broken promises and i even bet that the engine upgrade will be delayed too. just don't put a time stamp on things, don't give the community false hope it's not fair.

 

You should learn how game development works. You can't just say "ok we'll release the engine upgrade in 2 months" and expect it to work out.

 

Especially not when this game went through 3 companies and it's hard to figure out someone elses code.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GhosT said:

 

You should learn how game development works. You can't just say "ok we'll release the engine upgrade in 2 months" and expect it to work out.

 

Especially not when this game went through 3 companies and it's hard to figure out someone elses code.

did you not read what i said? i said was why even bother giving a time all the hype and then to tell us its been canceled coding has nothing to do with this post 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Golderlight123 said:

did you not read what i said? i said was why even bother giving a time all the hype and then to tell us its been canceled coding has nothing to do with this post 

 

That's why they gave us time frames and never really anything solid.

A little information is necessary and pushing things further out is perfectly fine.

 

You don't want the engine upgrade at its current state.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see how you're going to prevent abuse unless you apply some really weird and strict rules. Everyone is free to create new accounts and new characters as it is a Free2Play game and nothing should prevent that. However way you restrict it, a lot of innocent old/new players will get hit one way or another by it.

  • You can't restrict certain accounts from using those newly freed names based on some criteria since everyone should have access to the new name pool. 
  • You can't restrict the amount of characters/accounts a player can have/make for a bunch of reasons.
  • You can't limit those names to renames only either because that kills 70% of the reason you are doing this, which is, new players having good nickname choices available.
  • You most certainly can't go around banning people because they make new characters/accounts and don't play them, that's absolutely off the table.
  • You could put a cap on how many characters an account can make per day/week/month that use names from the freed up names pool but that's really questionable in itself and people with many accounts won't be stopped anyway as a F2P account has 2 character slots by default.

Restrictions or not, one thing is absolutely certain - name wiping is an absolute must, a lot of people might hoard a lot of good names but it will be nothing in comparison to how bad that situation is currently after years of people taking nicknames and leaving the game for good. It will absolutely be an improvement with or without hoarders. Besides, no amount of hoarders can really take up THAT many nicknames as it takes time to create an email and then an account and is bothersome and you'd really need to dedicate a lot of time to come up with names to save and not that many are as dedicated. Most people just want up to 4-5 names at best and that's even a stretch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GhosT said:

 

That's why they gave us time frames and never really anything solid.

A little information is necessary and pushing things further out is perfectly fine.

 

You don't want the engine upgrade at its current state.

you didn't get me so i will explain. i just made a example about the engine update to the canceled name change/serverer merge as they  "canceled"  and the engine update will probably be canceled too just like the canceled name change/server merge, i didn't say i want the engine update date now far from it.. i don't mind them fixing and coding to make it good. i was just  making a assumption they will do that too with the engine upgrade when it does finally come. all i can go on is the past

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Aeronaut said:

what do you ban

Everything.

 

Merged.

 

Why not just have us submit name requests beforehand? If you're looking to prevent abuse I can think of a super over complimented way because i have nothing better to do while I wait to be driven to Union Station by my Uber.

 

For a month have players submit a list of names they want for each of their characters.  Depending on seniority and total play time decide who gets to keep the name by doing a draft based on pools of eligibility type. 

 

Example: 

Level 1: The players that already own that name.

Level 2: RTW/G1 CBT vet still active and playing

Level 3: Active and playing members

Level 4: People who have been gone 1+ years just now coming back. 

 

Instead of 1 person getting seniority for a bunch of names you'd move in a rotation like you would a NFL Fantasy Football draft.

 

Example:

A:1st pick 

B:2nd pick

C:3rd pick

C:4th pick

B:5th pick

A:6th pick

A: 7th pick

 

This way you may not get all the names you want, but youd have a better chance of atleast getting one.

 

Aaaaand I have arrived at my destination.

 

  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Sayori said:

 due to mismanagement

Either that word doesn't meant what you think it does... Or you are psychic... Or you are talking about a situation you don't know anything about. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...