MattScott

Delaying the RIOT launch till next week

Better to be safe than sorry ^-^

3 hours ago, Lato said:

keep the servers off, don't ever turn them on again and sell this game to someone else possibly..you can't handle this pile of trash game

You do realise the next step if LO fail is shutting the game down right?

Who else do you think is going to swoop in and take over? Bioware? EA? Gearbox?

Not likely, mate.

Edited by MrChan

Well, give to us a free premium compensation... (yes, i missed those 2 week of premium xd)

• Like 1

I bet there already is someone else on the line, checking on APB, looking to buy it if LO fails

This pile of (redacted) is cursed

I really think this needs to be delayed untill the engine update this way things are smoother and more ppl will stay instead of see the games trash and leave

Or just have kept the servers down until it's fixed. I mean honestly with 500 people in the world playing is it that bad to be down for a day to get your patch out?

• Like 1

Hi, at any other developer company, Do not buy this game from LO, let them have it. 
Not dissing LO

but if they can't fix the game, I'm sorry, but no one else should try. 

4 hours ago, -Dan- said:

I bet there already is someone else on the line, checking on APB, looking to buy it if LO fails

This pile of (redacted) is cursed

This game isn't worth to buy anymore.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Glaciers said:

as much as i might agree i think you’re giving a little too much credit to g1, they bought a game that had 100k players and by the time they were done with apb only 1% of that pop was left lol

I didn't think I was giving G1 that much credit to be honest.

They did resurrect the game after EA dropped it, and they did keep the game alive for several years, these are facts and that's pretty much all I said.

I'd like to see LO do better, I really would - I'm just not all that optimistic considering what I've witnessed over the last year or so.

I'll keep on playing though until APB is finally dead or I find something better.

Edited by TheDogCatcher

We don't give a damn about the Anti-cheat, It is as if we didn't have one since you took over anyway. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Spoiled said:

We don't give a damn about the Anti-cheat, It is as if we didn't have one since you took over anyway. 

add it to the pile

1 hour ago, Spoiled said:

Anti-cheats are fine, but in game, GameMasters are the only real solution to slowing down and keeping the cheaters in checked. Years years ago, gamerfirst had them, but got rid of them.

my Baby G1Blackbeard , sad.

Edited by BernsteinGirl
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, BernsteinGirl said:

Anti-cheats are fine, but in game, GameMasters are the only real solution to slowing down and keeping the cheaters in checked.

Amen to that. I'm a GM in multiple games and we're banning lots of cheaters manually these days, especially closet cheaters who think they can bypass the system. This is a nice extra 'feature' working side by side with any anti-cheat system.

Edited by Spy
typo
  • Like 1

This apology loop seems to have become a common practice.

Why don't you, instead, tell us: "Hey, this and that gonna release in September or whatever month, so we can manage to finish and polish everything". Then, when and if you're done sooner, you release it immediately and everyone is happy. This announcing, testing, scheduling then delaying has no point anymore.

My 2 cents.

Edited by Ch1ck
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Spoiled said:

ye the Tiggseyeutomatik was bery gut

(over one month of running with shaw, full blatant snaps + asking everyone to report me)

Edited by Clandestine

If there was no update, it means that there were unforeseen complications.

shoutout to my boi little apologies

On 6/7/2019 at 4:22 AM, TheDogCatcher said:

They did resurrect the game after EA dropped it, and they did keep the game alive for several years, these are facts and that's pretty much all I said.

Sometimes i think that it would've been better if G1/RP never raised APB from death, maybe someone else could've done it better. Everyone who has endured all these years starting from the first hints about the EU coming soon, until the end of G1/RP, they're masochists.

On 6/7/2019 at 8:45 AM, Ch1ck said:

This apology loop seems to have become a common practice.

Why don't you, instead, tell us: "Hey, this and that gonna release in September or whatever month, so we can manage to finish and polish everything". Then, when and if you're done sooner, you release it immediately and everyone is happy. This announcing, testing, scheduling then delaying has no point anymore.

My 2 cents.

Where is the logic in that? You literally propose the same thing that is causing the problem in your opinion.

"release in September" would be an announcement of a schedule. What happens when contrary to all expectations they can't keep that deadline - delay it?

Are you suggesting that it should be some exorbitant date like "EU will be finished 2025"? That's your solution? Yeah good luck with that. That's not how reality works.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheJellyGoo said:

Where is the logic in that? You literally propose the same thing that is causing the problem in your opinion.

"release in September" would be an announcement of a schedule. What happens when contrary to all expectations they can't keep that deadline - delay it?

Are you suggesting that it should be some exorbitant date like "EU will be finished 2025"? That's your solution? Yeah good luck with that. That's not how reality works.

Q1 2025???

I totally appreciate the effort and can't imagine the level of frustration that Matt Scott and team are feeling as a result of these delays.

One suggestion, unless already being performed, and if there are enough resources to implement,  (hardware/team availability)

would be to conduct "dry run/practice runs" of the cutover to a "copy of the Production env".

Testing patches in a Test env is one thing, the deployment of a bundle or upgrade can introduce their own issues.

My background is with ERP business applications, and our team would perform dry run cutovers to a copy of production

to test the technical aspects of the deployment, as well as the speed and timing of each task.

One project I was on, we had to perform 4 dry runs before the actual cutover to production.

(Starting on Friday 5pm thru Monday 3 or 4am was typical run time for our Upgrades)

The 1st two cutovers would identify and resolve any technical issues, the 3rd run would identify tasks

that could be sped up.  (running multiple processes in parallel ... etc)

Anyways, good luck next week.

2 minutes ago, Westford said:

My background is with ERP business applications

i didnt know erotic roleplay was such a technical undertaking thank you for enlightening us

30 minutes ago, Weeb TheEpicGuyV2 said:

Erotic roleplay business applications?

30 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

i didnt know erotic roleplay was such a technical undertaking thank you for enlightening us

Haha...

Only when you use a USB adapter.

ERP - Enterprise Resource Planning