Jump to content
Setog

Hello, im setog, let's talk secondaries

Recommended Posts

Hello im setog, on of @Ketog million alts and split personalities (maybe he has some problems, who knows, not my buisness...), the S in my name stands for Secondary, secondary etog.

 

I've decided to play apb only using secondaries and grenades without even touching a primary weapon, i've deleted even the starter one.

 

While doing this, i noticed something strange with the starter secondary weapon, yes, the FBW, while it's a great all rounder , why is it's range lower than a .45 , shouldn't it be surperior or equal ?, oh yeah another thing

 

why does it holds so few reserve ammo ? most secondaries have 6 or more reserve mags ( or clips, whatever it is) meanwhile FBW and OCSP stand here only with 4~5 mags and forces me to find ammo all the time.

 

yeah, maybe im a fool for playing secondary only, still won't prevent me to do it anyway 🤔

 

i've got some more thoughts to share too

 

the yukon, ahh yes , the yukon ,a weapon that used to be a monster, and is now considered bad by most of the playerbase, well, i like it! , i love it actually , as i only use a secondary , having a weapon that is both an SMG and a mid range weapon that feels like a weaker RFP is good , but i wonder , why is it less accurate than a standard mountie , players think that it being a burst secondary in aiming mode is already a nerf , so why also make the hip fire weaker ? was that really necessary ? 

 

at this point Yukon feels like playing casino every time you shoot someone in hip fire, you can win , but only with luck .

 

RFP ? , oh well , let's not talk about this one shall we ...

 

i tried UL3's , all of them are bad , except Bloody mary , it performs like a little submachine gun , like a yukon in hip fire , but that doesn't suck , more accurate , and tap fireable , it has quite a good range , but that's useful only in rare situations...

 

Showstopper 'thunder", well i love it ! , it's honestly an awsome gun , good range ,good accuracy , very punishing when you miss , but it's ont of the rare guns that does exactly what you expect it to , nothing to say about this one.

 

i haven't gone trought all secondaries , and im missing quite a bit of them , i want to try OCSP even tho i already know it's gonna be terrible , but for now , no funds .. rip.

 

and before you ask , no , im not touching LTL secondaries , that thing levels up the wrong role , ew , maybe later .

 

 

So yeah , im mainting secondaries , do any of you have recomendations or thoughts ? , i like FBW but the ammo economy kills me , or more like , gets me killed .

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Setog said:

Hello im setog, on of @Ketog million alts and split personalities (maybe he has some problems, who knows, not my buisness...), the S in my name stands for Secondary, secondary etog.

 

I've decided to play apb only using secondaries and grenades without even touching a primary weapon, i've deleted even the starter one.

 

While doing this, i noticed something strange with the starter secondary weapon, yes, the FBW, while it's a great all rounder , why is it's range lower than a .45 , shouldn't it be surperior or equal ?, oh yeah another thing

 

why does it holds so few reserve ammo ? most secondaries have 6 or more reserve mags ( or clips, whatever it is) meanwhile FBW and OCSP stand here only with 4~5 mags and forces me to find ammo all the time.

 

yeah, maybe im a fool for playing secondary only, still won't prevent me to do it anyway 🤔

 

i've got some more thoughts to share too

 

the yukon, ahh yes , the yukon ,a weapon that used to be a monster, and is now considered bad by most of the playerbase, well, i like it! , i love it actually , as i only use a secondary , having a weapon that is both an SMG and a mid range weapon that feels like a weaker RFP is good , but i wonder , why is it less accurate than a standard mountie , players think that it being a burst secondary in aiming mode is already a nerf , so why also make the hip fire weaker ? was that really necessary ? 

 

at this point Yukon feels like playing casino every time you shoot someone in hip fire, you can win , but only with luck .

 

RFP ? , oh well , let's not talk about this one shall we ...

 

i tried UL3's , all of them are bad , except Bloody mary , it performs like a little submachine gun , like a yukon in hip fire , but that doesn't suck , more accurate , and tap fireable , it has quite a good range , but that's useful only in rare situations...

 

Showstopper 'thunder", well i love it ! , it's honestly an awsome gun , good range ,good accuracy , very punishing when you miss , but it's ont of the rare guns that does exactly what you expect it to , nothing to say about this one.

 

i haven't gone trought all secondaries , and im missing quite a bit of them , i want to try OCSP even tho i already know it's gonna be terrible , but for now , no funds .. rip.

 

and before you ask , no , im not touching LTL secondaries , that thing levels up the wrong role , ew , maybe later .

 

 

So yeah , im mainting secondaries , do any of you have recomendations or thoughts ? , i like FBW but the ammo economy kills me , or more like , gets me killed .

 

 

 

 

 

I originally used Nano, but now I switched to Thunder 😌

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah but what about the best secondary; the magnificent RSA?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Setog said:

why is it's range lower than a .45 , shouldn't it be surperior or equal

27 minutes ago, Setog said:

why does it holds so few reserve ammo

balance? despite your personal playing preferences secondaries are not meant to be used as primary weapons, nor should they be balanced to be effective solely on their own imo

 

running out of ammo is a non-issue at this point in the game anyway, there's almost too many ways to resupply now

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Acornie said:

Yeah but what about the best secondary; the magnificent RSA?

 

owh.

uhhh. yes.

 

40 minutes ago, Clandestine said:

RFP? Why not talk about this obvious elephant in the room...

 

That weapon has been discussed way to many points by now, do we really need to once more ?

 

29 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

balance? despite your personal playing preferences secondaries are not meant to be used as primary weapons, nor should they be balanced to be effective solely on their own imo

 

running out of ammo is a non-issue at this point in the game anyway, there's almost too many ways to resupply now

 

 

 

Well, this is kinda true that secondaries shouldn't be balanced for their standalone use, but why does weapons with a similar playstyle or range, have much more ammo than FBW does ? nano can carrry much more ammo and has 7 mags in total , and so does most other secondaries , why was FBW made so it can't stand as long as other secondaries do ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i swear i do not have a split personality problem:

 

As BXNNXD said , secondaries are not made to be used only by themselves, even tho some can, and are good at doing so, their point is to be a secondary after all, to be used in conjuction with a primary, by choosing to play secondary only you pretty much should accept the drawbacks of doing so .

 

can we talk about rsa hunter btw ? 398950702505918478.png?v=1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Setog said:

the FBW, while it's a great all rounder , why is it's range lower than a .45 ?

Because its easier to use, obviously.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Ketog said:

can we talk about rsa hunter btw ? 398950702505918478.png?v=1

Titan is better, fite me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's my wall of text on secondaries. If it's not listed I haven't used it.

  • ACT 44 - The base ACT 44 does not have enough ADS accuracy to hit reliably within it's max damage range of 70M. A 5% or 10% buff to it's ADS accuracy would help.
  • Colby .45 AP - It has more range and more damage than the FBW, but it's limited to 7 shots and has more recoil. I think the .8 ttk is a little fast, but I don't see many players who can control the recoil.

  • Colby Commander / Colby RSA - Too slow of bloom recovery. It might be a good choice if your primary is an SMG or carbine, but otherwise it's just not viable.

  • Firework launcher / Flair Gun - They're basically a wall hack you can toggle. The player marker should stay in place where the player was spotted, not follow them.

  • Joker RFP-9 - The main issue is the RFP-9 'Fang'. The extra range and better accuracy makes it better than the joker carbine and OSCAR. Than again, those rifles should not have had their range reduced in the first place.

  • Montie - This series needs slightly better base accuracy. The 'Yukon' should have it's -10% base accuracy and +50% equip time removed from the select fire mod since it's rate of fire is no longer bugged.

  • N-FA 9 - Reduce the horizontal recoil and/or reduce the bloom.

  • OCA Nano - I always have hitreg or damage problems with this weapon, but it might be I'm using it outside it's intended range. I do like that you can stun players who have CA3.

  • OCSP - Increase the damage dropoff to 40M. It still won't be as reliable as the FBW, but at least you could then utilize the higher accuracy.

  • Obeya FBW - It's perfect when compared to primaries. It should be used in comparison to balance other secondaries. It is the starting pistol.

  • S-AS PDW - It needs less bloom per shot. It's ttk isn't low enough to compete with SMGs, but it's bloom is too high to use at close to mid range. The Per Shot Modifier should be reduced to 0.15 or 0.20.

  • Showstopper - The default showstopper is fine. It fills that shotgun secondary niche. The 'Thunder' has way too much range. It's more reliable than the primary shotguns due to having tighter spread and more damage range. The TTK is between an AR and SMG. It's blatantly obvious Little Orbit make this weapon to sell joker boxes.

  • Stabba - PIG - I think it's stun damage should be reduced slightly to prevent it from being used with lethal weapons. Maybe lethal weapons just need less stamina damage overall.

  • Stabba - TG-8 - Why does it stop dealing damage after 34M? Give it damage dropoff like the lethal weapons.

  • UL-3 - I have little experience with these. Having 3 versions is stupid. Why can't we just have the base UL-3 with open slots as a primary?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

i refuse to have an argument where 2 sides are the same person this is ridiculous 

who said all etogs are me, i said i own them, but i never said they were me

 

when im hanging out in social, when people ask me who are etogs , i like to say that they're all half me 366999782348292108.png?v=1

 

no one will ever know if etogs are actually me or not 402866531802939398.png?v=1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Ketog said:

who said all etogs are me, i said i own them, but i never said they were me

 

when im hanging out in social, when people ask me who are etogs , i like to say that they're all half me 366999782348292108.png?v=1

 

no one will ever know if etogs are actually me or not 402866531802939398.png?v=1

This sounds like Fullofshetog talking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nano is pretty balanced weapon in my opinion and pretty easy and fun to use, especially as finisher for stun nades.

Problem is that others weapons might outclass it (especially RFP)

Edited by Mitne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Imagine unironically not using the Snubnose as your default secondary for the past 10 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
23 hours ago, Setog said:

Hello im setog, on of @Ketog million alts and split personalities (maybe he has some problems, who knows, not my buisness...), the S in my name stands for Secondary, secondary etog.

 

I've decided to play apb only using secondaries and grenades without even touching a primary weapon, i've deleted even the starter one.

i haven't gone trought all secondaries , and im missing quite a bit of them , i want to try OCSP even tho i already know it's gonna be terrible , but for now , no funds .. rip.

 

 

Check your PM's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Emcitement said:

take it back

Did someone say Colby .45? 😝

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Acornie said:

Yeah but what about the best secondary; the magnificent RSA?

RIP pre-dropoff RSA/ACT44, able to compete with primaries at range.

6 minutes ago, Flight said:

Did someone say Colby .45? 😝

h2iWxJB.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wished we were allowed to equip secondaries in the primary weapon slot.

 

I love the secondary weapons but to be honest the low ammo count literally kills me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/17/2019 at 5:24 AM, MrsHappyPenguin said:

Here's my wall of text on secondaries. If it's not listed I haven't used it.

  •  
  • Firework launcher / Flair Gun - They're basically a wall hack you can toggle. The player marker should stay in place where the player was spotted, not follow them.

  •  

not immediately . nonsense idiocy .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...