mtz

Should the GamersFirst brand be retired?

Should Little Orbit stay with the GamersFirst brand or distance themselves from it?  

161 members have voted

1. 1. Should Little Orbit stay with the GamersFirst brand or distance themselves from it?

• I think LO should stay with the brand
    • I think LO should distance themselves from the brand

20 hours ago, Ketog said:

i personally think that name of the game should just go back to All Point Bulletin

i've been hoping a rebrand and advertisement campaign promoting the new owners would happen

if something like that is planned, it'll be a really aggressive ad campaign after 3.5 and RIOT come out. i think it'd work really well

4 hours ago, SLICKIEM said:

i've been hoping a rebrand and advertisement campaign promoting the new owners would happen

if something like that is planned, it'll be a really aggressive ad campaign after 3.5 and RIOT come out. i think it'd work really well

Agree.

If they actually decide to get rid of the name, they have to do it when major progess had been made. As of now it's still mostly a GamersFirst game.

4 hours ago, GhosT said:

Agree.

If they actually decide to get rid of the name, they have to do it when major progess had been made. As of now it's still mostly a GamersFirst game.

From the looks of MattScott's blog post, the aim of releasing all the content at once, or around the same time, being RIOT, engine, etc. I think a rebranding might actually happen at the same time, because, then the game's made huge progress from the G1 days.

Yes they should. G1 is well known for milking the game for years without doing anything relevant for 8 years. I don't think keeping the brand is gonna help the game.

@MattScottreplace g1 pls they ruined the game's rep ultimately

2 hours ago, TheKeanuReeves said:

Yes they should. G1 is well known for milking the game for years without doing anything relevant for 8 years. I don't think keeping the brand is gonna help the game.

yeah, same - idk but it isn't for us to decide and they said they decided to stay with it for the time being. i guess it also helps them since they can experiment/possibly fail a bit more without tainting their own name as much? at the moment, they definitely don't do that though.

g1 from a business stance was also kind of known in the industry (not too negatively i think, they kinda shaped f2p in the earlier stages which seemed a bit revolutionary) until... they kinda went to shit but i guess that might've not caught too much attention. LO on the other side... couldn't say i've ever heard of them prior to the overtake. i guess they wanna stick with the known brand for now?

i don't think too bad of g1 in general although it went worse over the last years. FAT BUT: i've clawed to the hopes that they were actually working hard on the engine upgrade and couldn't do much more because they were a small team and that wouldn't change till after. AND hearing some stories in hindsight definitely worsened my thoughts about them and ultimately they were kind of known for p2w. (although arguably that was more of a stigma from the earlier stages, they did improve a bit there... and yeah, they were milking. idk how known outside of the forum regulars that is though)

i mean, ultimately, who knows. it's not our decision to make - they might change it in future, they might have plans. i guess them hearing our thoughts doesn't hurt though.

Edited by neophobia
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, vfterlife said:

You are static. None of you say yes or no on some question. You are always neutral, as if you have no opinion. 0 initiatives. 

My opinion is that whether or not the name Gamersfirst remains matters less than zero. 

Are you slow?

2 hours ago, neophobia said:

yeah, same - idk but it isn't for us to decide and they said they decided to stay with it for the time being. i guess it also helps them since they can experiment/possibly fail a bit more without tainting their own name as much? at the moment, they definitely don't do that though. 

Makes sense, I would change the brand once I know it's safe to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

My opinion is that whether or not the name Gamersfirst remains matters less than zero. 

Are you slow?

so true.

11 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Are you slow?

I tend to drive at 25mph on the interstate, does that count?

10 hours ago, TheKeanuReeves said:

Makes sense, I would change the brand once I know it's safe to.

Hoping that this is what happens, maybe remove the :reloaded branding, making it just All Points Bulletin, as that's the original tm.

3 hours ago, SillyBear said:

They are the same (or worst), there is no point to change names.

You're blind.

Yes G1 needs to be abandoned its rep is way too damaged to fix and it will only hurt LO to keep it and try to fix it.

NO.  as players, you are ungrateful .

8 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Yes G1 needs to be abandoned its rep is way too damaged

team LO generally a dark horse . 

p.s. the forum has already been answered - GEO like the G1 logo

Edited by Yood

15 minutes ago, Yood said:

p.s. the forum has already been answered - GEO like the G1 logo

Honestly with the way things are going LO will need to change their name as well

8 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Honestly with the way things are going LO will need to change their name as well

NO

Why are y'all so salty? It's just a name...

I mean... they tried and all...

What did Tiggs do to y'all???

On 3/22/2019 at 10:58 AM, RCooper said:

I agree gamerfirst should be erased they are the reasons why apb is so bad

It gives bad image to still seeing the name everywhere for returning players

Well uh... can't say the game has improved much recently (no sweat Matt, just sayin'), so uh... bad game "bad" name?

If the EU comes out they might rebrand it -/ cool thing they get to redo all the loadscreens anyways, but thus far it's still the same thing we had the last 8 years. No idea why you'd put a new name on something if it's gonna get destroyed by what tainted the old name in the first place.

Edited by Sniperturtle

2 hours ago, Sniperturtle said:

Why are y'all so salty? It's just a name...

I mean... they tried and all...

What did Tiggs do to y'all???

Well uh... can't say the game has improved much recently (no sweat Matt, just sayin'), so uh... bad game "bad" name?

If the EU comes out they might rebrand it -/ cool thing they get to redo all the loadscreens anyways, but thus far it's still the same thing we had the last 8 years. No idea why you'd put a new name on something if it's gonna get destroyed by what tainted the old name in the first place.

The engine upgrade was promised by gamefirst years go and matt recently said that they havent do shit to it ,LO have make the game playable and havent touch anything more because the engine is top priority,it doesnt make sense to balance weapon for example and then update the engine and have to code them  again,also that doing everything in 3.5 will be way easier.

Gamefirst name is bad and make returning players have the sensation that is just a change of name but inside is the same,i  said it because that was it looks to me at first.

to close the game with the new logo it will be - a failure, a wreck, a fiasco, a disaster for LO .

as players, you are ungrateful .

Edited by Yood
  • Like 1

how to fix this..

bring back tiggs.

let her be even more toxic and unprofessional while she rants about how bad game people are like she is some kind of msnbc reporter talking about discord and gamers being alt right nazis.

that will make this right. tiggs was best thing to happen to this community. she pretty much killed this entire community lmfao

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Alani said:

bring back  Tiggs.

as a consultant ! I for this ! 

Edited by Yood

On 3/25/2019 at 5:01 AM, Yood said:

If LittleOrbit pulls of RIOT mode successfully and the engine upgrade smoothly, then heck yeah they are a fine dark horse!

I am quietly optimistic and hopeful, it seems MattScott wants to get this right the first time.

And no, I agree with DarkZero. GamerFirst effectively abandoned the community from late 2015 to 2018. GamersFirst said they would do the Engine Upgrade but delayed it.

Then they had the audacity to ask the forum if the Engine Upgrade should be prioritised before other new content, There were word that the Engine Upgrade would be done in Q1 2014...

...we're still waiting 5 years on!

I have had a argument and lost a potential friend who insisted that GamersFirst did more, and was better than LittleOrbit. Rose tinted glasses and nostalgia isn't going save APB now, and the course GamersFirst Left APB in was the same way as the ship Titanic!

11 hours ago, Yood said:

to close the game with the new logo it will be - a failure, a wreck, a fiasco, a disaster for LO .

as players, you are ungrateful .

Changing a name and logo isn't going to change anything for the players other than maybe the website address, and ending bad memories of a disliked company.

I am grateful for a few good things the old GamersFirst team did, but that name is associated with all the bad things and was for years before LittleOrbit came in... this isn't something new!

That name, GamersFirst was a insult to many: The Armas pricing, little or no new content, as well as poor customer service. It didn't feel like GamersFirst cared for the game itself or the community, but were in it for the money.

GamersFirst and Reloaded Productions conducted themselves as if feeling intimidated by the community, There was no interaction with the community for the last year and a half at least. And before that interaction was very small, sometime it was good and sometimes it was bad but it didn't feel like GamersFirst cared either way.

Find 1 friend that used to play APB:Reloaded and quit before LittleOrbit took over and ask them: "Would you return to APB:Reloaded with GamersFirst still there?"

With the old GamersFirst team gone, why do we still have the bad reputation of the past?!

So for both new and old players, I urge LittleOrbit to reconsider having that name being stain on APB's reputation after such good work has been done to turn it around.

5 minutes ago, VickyFox said:

If LittleOrbit pulls of RIOT mode successfully and the engine upgrade smoothly, then heck yeah they are a fine dark horse!

I am quietly optimistic and hopeful, it seems MattScott wants to get this right the first time.

...we're still waiting 5 years on!

LO reminds me of a cripple who runs a marathon . can this man be blamed for being involved ? will this man set a record ? no offense ! LO !

..we're still waiting 7 years on ? 

Edited by Yood

10 minutes ago, Yood said:

LO reminds me of a cripple who runs a marathon . can this man be blamed for being involved ? will this man set a record ?

..we're still waiting 5 years on? 

I can't blame a person for being who they are...

...however for not putting in the effort, not caring enough to finish what they started.

Yeah, I think I can look at them and say, "You knew what they were getting into".

Edited by VickyFox

On 3/27/2019 at 12:49 AM, VickyFox said:

, "You knew what they were getting into".

The whole project of APB is built on money. there will be no online players - there will be no money .... maybe a disabled person and will get to some stage and give us a little time so that we will enjoy ego dedication. but you have to sit down a lot of food and drink plenty of water to wait for this triumphal finish .

unfortunately I'm starting to hate LO . your servers LO are huge ....

small question to LO .  to which there will be no answer . what is the company's net financial profit for the last two quarters of 2018 ?

w1T777iJ4Q.jpg

Edited by Yood