MartisLTU

APB Reloaded (Alpha-Beta) ?

So sooner or later when "LO" finnaly release ✨🌟Engine update🌟 ✨ Does APB go under (Alpha-Beta) tittle ? I mean i doubt that update will fix ALL old problems and definitely APB will get bunch of new bugs and glitches .... So i think it would be kinda smart to go under Beta tittle .. just to make newcomer at ez that game MIGHT improve over time. 

fWa4zip.gif

i mean i dont think they're gonna do that.and i'm pretty sure it will come out with very little bugs because they're taking their time doing it right. (i hope)

maybe a rename would be more attractive to old players who qutited the game or new players but i think APB Reloaded is fine.

1 hour ago, IzBleh said:

i mean i dont think they're gonna do that.and i'm pretty sure it will come out with very little bugs because they're taking their time doing it right. (i hope)

maybe a rename would be more attractive to old players who qutited the game or new players but i think APB Reloaded is fine.

Hopefully. 

Matt said we will be doing the private testing and then public testing. 

Though if no one helps with the public test... Well all bets are off. 

Welp, that's why the testing team exists. 

3 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Hopefully. 

Matt said we will be doing the private testing and then public testing. 

Though if no one helps with the public test... Well all bets are off. 

Well, I will only test in February

i think it’s pretty doubtful apb will officially go back into a beta phase 

I thought APB stood for Alpha-Pre-Beta? And we're just playing a game called Reloaded, you know like the Matrix where you can dress up and have lots of guns.

This isn't the Matrix?

Edited by KnifuWaifu

6 minutes ago, KnifuWaifu said:

This isn't the Matrix?

You're going down the right rabbit hole, homes.

85bm9hY.gif

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, AsgerLund said:

You're going down the right rabbit hole, homes.

85bm9hY.gif

Add trenchcoats and slicked-back hair for Matrix characters plz

• Like 3

to be blunt, most beta and alpha stages have lost its meaning recently, might as well just call it epsilon or something enigmatic.

7 hours ago, Bellenettiel said:

to be blunt, most beta and alpha stages have lost its meaning recently, might as well just call it epsilon or something enigmatic.

Yeach + people dont know what actually Beta and Alpha means lol

Edited by wHisHi

Not sure about going Alpha/Beta with it but I definitely think that renaming it to "All Points Bulletin" everywhere would be a great move. I've mentioned that idea multiple times and it seems to be well received among the community. We don't need the "Reloaded" part, they should trash it entirely imo.

Back to the roots :')

Edited by Flaws
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Flaws said:

Not sure about going Alpha/Beta with it but I definitely think that renaming it to "All Points Bulletin" everywhere would be a great move. I've mentioned that idea multiple times and it seems to be well received among the community. We don't need the "Reloaded" part, they should trash it entirely imo.

i kinda assumed they were going to do it, once they were done with the engine changes, since a re-brand would definitely attract old and new players alike and what better time to show the game in its "best".

Edited by Bellenettiel
  • Like 2

They were going to rename the game title like others said but i think will do other priorities before that.

I hope it to come back in its original one.

Just now, BrandonBranderson said:

It'd be cool if they just went back to being All Points Bulletin.  The reloaded tacked onto the end sounds cheesy and very 2010.

Agreed. All Points Bulletin sounds better than APB Reloaded. I just like APB better. Also....

GIMME MY ORIGINAL LOGIN SCREEN

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, NotTheEnforcer said:

Agreed. All Points Bulletin sounds better than APB Reloaded. I just like APB better. Also....

GIMME MY OUR ORIGINAL LOGIN SCREEN

It's mine too 😉

9 hours ago, NotTheEnforcer said:

GIMME MY ORIGINAL LOGIN SCREEN

Matt said they were going to a few times in the past, but we haven't had any recent word on it.  Previously he said he was going to look into the rights for the music (which they must have because the music is still in the game when you make a new character), then later he said that they'll do it once they get all the moving parts together.  I imagine this is much lower priority than anything else they're working on, but I wish they would push it up a little higher in priority because APB just take forever to start up with the current ugly login screen.

@MattScott  Can we have a little update on this?

7 minutes ago, BrandonBranderson said:

Matt said they were going to a few times in the past, but we haven't had any recent word on it.  Previously he said he was going to look into the rights for the music (which they must have because the music is still in the game when you make a new character), then later he said that they'll do it once they get all the moving parts together.  I imagine this is much lower priority than anything else they're working on, but I wish they would push it up a little higher in priority because APB just take forever to start up with the current ugly login screen.

@MattScott  Can we have a little update on this?

might not happen until after the engine update, since it seems to be so close to a truly playable state i imagine they're going full force on that

also iirc the current log in screen took g1 quite a bit of work, no way of telling if going back to the old one is even feasible with the current code

If it's an actual Beta then yes,i hope so at least, currently Alpha/Beta/Test builds lost their meanings and most of the time they are just Demos that get no changes.

Edited by Zuey

Even though APB has been out of beta for a long time, it still feels like it should have a beta sign attached to its name