Jump to content
Darkzero3802

Breast Cancer Limited Weapons

Recommended Posts

@MattScott @Lixil Afew yrs back G1 re-released the valentines weapons as a breast cancer month special and it was for a good cause but it hasnt been done again since. I think this yr LO should make special breast cancer guns for the month of October. These guns will be sold for all of Oct and I think they should be special pink guns with the breast cancer ribbon on it, pink gun symbols on the hud and inv (like the valentines weapons) for these weapons where proceeds will go to fighting breast cancer. These would be limited editions for Oct only for 2018 and can feature some of the more popular weapons like the ATAC, VAS-R2 Sword, VAS-C2 Trouble Maker, PDW-57, FFA 5.56 R&D, N-ISSR-B, ALIG 762 and the JG-1140. These are all popular choices, viable weapons and from each weapon group in game. Next yr we could select a new group of weapons for Oct.
This topic hits home as my aunt passed from breast cancer and my mother was diagnosed with the disease last month. I would love to see APB do something for this again and every yr as every penny counts. I thank the LO staff in advance for any consideration on this.
  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i probably wouldnt buy them, but i guess it would be cool

edit: also my condolences dude

 

Edited by BXNNXD
added stuff
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Gamma64c said:

Breast cancer has killed a lot of people, including a few close family members of mine.

As much as we can do to help, this one one way.
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd buy as many of them as I am able to. Help a good cause, and add more unique stuff to my ever-growing locker collection. Win/win at its most positive and finest state.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

I'd buy as many of them as I am able to. Help a good cause, and add more unique stuff to my ever-growing locker collection. Win/win at its most positive and finest state.

We should do this for all cancers but breast cancer is the biggest one and the closest so lets start there and do some good in this game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:
We should do this for all cancers but breast cancer is the biggest one
Its actually lung cancer btw.
But thats not popular for some odd reason.
  Edited by CookiePuss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yes id love for LO to waste time and resources on something that doesnt help the game.

as much as I am sorry for your loss, and would love to support breast cancer efforts, this game is on its last leg. Spending time doing something that doesn't help the game in anyway would hinder things that would, and bring us closer to the game shutting down.

It might not take much to make a quick skin or two, but if you want them to be similar to the valentines guns thats A LOT of work, and I think that time is better spent going towards something the company actually needs to work on (Engine Upgrade, things that make profit, etc etc)

This would be a great idea if the games current state wasn't god fucking awful, but right now, this is a terrible idea.

EDIT: And I do hope your mother recovers, all the best wishes!

Edited by Fur
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
Its actually lung cancer btw.
But thats not popular for some odd reason.
 
Biggest in terms of media
11 minutes ago, Fur said:

yes id love for LO to waste time and resources on something that doesnt help the game.

as much as I am sorry for your loss, and would love to support breast cancer efforts, this game is on its last leg. Spending time doing something that doesn't help the game in anyway would hinder things that would, and bring us closer to the game shutting down.

It might not take much to make a quick skin or two, but if you want them to be similar to the valentines guns thats A LOT of work, and I think that time is better spent going towards something the company actually needs to work on (Engine Upgrade, things that make profit, etc etc)

This would be a great idea if the games current state wasn't god fucking awful, but right now, this is a terrible idea.

EDIT: And I do hope your mother recovers, all the best wishes!

I dont think something like this would slow down the progress being made towards the engine and other stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MrsHappyPenguin said:

Release an unnerfed version of the VAS C2 with open slots, called 'Tumor'.

insensitive/10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MrsHappyPenguin said:

Release an unnerfed version of the VAS C2 with open slots, called 'Tumor'.

might have worked 3 years ago
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fur said:

something that doesnt help the game

The good PR this would generate (especially since the game's under new ownership, start off strong on the right foot and all that) would be a significant positive for the game. Even if it didn't directly bring people back, it would put the game on the radar of many, which makes it easier to bring those people back later.
 
1 hour ago, Fur said:

thats A LOT of work

As crazy as it sounds, development teams are comprised of many people that have different skillsets. In this case the art devs, who are probably twiddling their thumbs for the most part since the engine upgrade is mostly the realm of the code devs. Making this thread's proposition a reality would push back other new art assets, not core features relevant to the game's rebirth.
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quoting what I said in the other thread:

Reminder that breast cancer is not as deadly as these charities make it out to be. Please look in to a lot of them as many of them take large profits from donations and some are not even charities but just 'awareness companies' that give none of it to research. In my opinion there are far better causes that need much more attention when compared to how much breast cancer receives (Not to shine bad light on the thought behind this thread though as I think it is a good one).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MrsHappyPenguin said:

Release an unnerfed version of the VAS C2 with open slots, called 'Tumor'.

or an ogre without windup timer and name it 'cancer' or somethn similar
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Defibrillator said:
4 hours ago, MrsHappyPenguin said:

Release an unnerfed version of the VAS C2 with open slots, called 'Tumor'.

or an ogre without windup timer and name it 'cancer' or somethn similar
So. An NFAS with extended mag?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do an achievement
Resize your character breast in APB 
Get a weapon

Please don't kill me for this idea....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Ellix said:

Do an achievement
Resize your character breast in APB 
Get a weapon

Please don't kill me for this idea....

Let's turn it into an event.
Down-size character bewbs (realistically, that's only way to resize bewbs for 95% of all female chars).
Make teams of two with smaller-bewbed chars, enter teams in a bracket tournament with quaterfinals, semis, and final.
Winner wins a lifetime supply of pink percs.

We'll call it:
"The A-Cup Cup" Edited by AsgerLund
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...