Sign in to follow this  
N0rbat

Who else cant wait for BattleEye?

Tried to play missions last 3 days and i tried to stay in positive mood but just honestly it was so many low ranks playing full aimbot... and yes i can see a difference between good player and a cheater and there is so many cheaters right now ingame.. its a bit confusing.. i really hope BE update will be supersooon

anyway back to the point that we wont see bans broadcasted... imo i am happy they stopped FF broadcast on FF webpage but we should see at least msg in a district who got banned at least.. so we can see how battleeye effective is... okay stop the webpage toxicity of comments but leave the broadcast of BE bans on so we can see the difference and speed of bans.. it would be good to see it

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, N0rbat said:

and yes i can see a difference between good player and a cheater and there is so many cheaters right now ingame..

I don't believe you. 🙂

• Thanks 1

If it helps getting rid of the Clowns, yes bring it on. None got anything against an Anti Cheat that eventually works. And I am not even a Fan of BattleEye IMO it is inconsistent but it gets the job done I guess.

Since APB already exist on Steam, i'd love to see the game exclusively played through steam.
(yes its nice freedom that you atm don't need to use steam, but consider this.....)

It'd also be nice that If you get caught by BE or FF again in the future, then the steam account should get a VAC record. (idk if it's possible for data co-operation between valve and BE/FF)

I realize cheaters would *create a fresh steam account, without other games, to it use for cheating*, but again - those types of players will exist regardless and with a level 0-5 empty steam account and untouchable god-like skills, they're not so hard to spot 🙂

I have more distaste for the veteran type of player, who uses closet-cheats and pretends a certain level of skill and even has pride in it, when it's a friggin' program doing the work.
Those types of veterans would be risking a lot more by the steam model.

Edited by Tigrix
  • Like 8

4 minutes ago, Tigrix said:

Since APB already exist on Steam, i'd love to see the game exclusively played through steam.
(yes its nice freedom that you atm don't need to use steam, but consider this.....)

It'd also be nice that If you get caught by BE or FF again in the future, then the steam account should get a VAC record.

I realize cheaters would *just create a fresh steam account, without other games to use for cheating*, but again - those types of players will exist regardless and with their level 0-5 empty steam account and untouchable god-like skills, not so hard to spot 🙂 

I have even more distaste for the veteran-type player who uses closet-cheats and pretends a certain level of skill and even has pride in it, when it's a friggin' program doing the work.

👍 I 100% agree with you.

Anything to ease the mind of players is welcome. However, remember even with a better anti-cheat: Some players will still suck, good players will still exist, and people will still hackusate.

Fortunately, there still has to be an initiative to better the matchmaking experience. One step at a time, hopefully this time with actual progress.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tigrix said:

It'd also be nice that If you get caught by BE or FF again in the future, then the steam account should get a VAC record.

I realize cheaters would *just create a fresh steam account, without other games to use for cheating*, but again - those types of players will exist regardless and with their level 0-5 empty steam account and untouchable god-like skills, not so hard to spot 🙂 

I have even more distaste for the veteran-type player who uses closet-cheats and pretends a certain level of skill and even has pride in it, when it's a friggin' program doing the work.

isn't VAC bans only in games made by Valve? There needs to be some deals made between BE and Valve for it to happen. It is a neat idea but I don't think it's gonna happen

4 minutes ago, killer619 said:

isn't VAC bans only in games made by Valve? There needs to be some deals made between BE and Valve for it to happen. It is a neat idea but I don't think it's gonna happen

Yes, VAC bans only come when the game is VAC protected and having VAC is like having nothing at all. And Valve won't ban your entire account just because of a VAC ban, what i like to see are HWID bans, oh those would be wonderful.

I'm looking forward to it.

23 minutes ago, killer619 said:

Not entirely the same but they can still get a Game Ban on their steam account. This system also requires approvement from Valve though

Recently, I launched APB again for the first time in months and actually ended up joining a mission district and readying up. First mission since february or something, and facing a blatant cheater teleporting around. Well, what a welcoming.

34 minutes ago, LUST said:

Anything to ease the mind of players is welcome. However, remember even with a better anti-cheat: Some players will still suck, good players will still exist, and people will still hackusate.

Fortunately, there still has to be an initiative to better the matchmaking experience. One step at a time, hopefully this time with actual progress.

making a better match making wont help when the population is so small 

oh and im not really excited for battleeye since tgere are still some bypasses and it mostly detects known codes/cheats

Edited by KawaiPotato

About seeing difference between a legit player and a closet cheater I can agree if you reached the top yourself. I can definitely say that even if I'm getting killed repeatedly by someone if the person plays legit I can simply feel it in that person's movement, game sense, aiming skills. But often you have those very dodgy players whose weapons seem to be outperforming yours even though you both have the same mods. Overconfident players who seem to know a little too much and so on, or simply people who refuse to miss any shots even if you are trying to dodge like a kung-fu master. Then you can suspect that something might be off.

I would say that a decent amount of people will get banned for various triggerbots, macros ,smooth aim or maybe even scroll wheel shooting but you also shouldn't expect any crazy numbers. Many people play APB for many many years including also other games so they are simply good, that's all there is to it.

The truth is that those who are deluded into thinking that they are the best will keep hackusating people no matter if we will even have 10 anti cheats in APB. Although I'm looking forward to BattlEye + FairFight + the secret internal system that LO has. Might be a hell of a combo if it all gets configured properly.

2 hours ago, Tigrix said:

50 minutes ago, killer619 said:

43 minutes ago, ninetenduh said:

Yes, VAC bans only come when the game is VAC protected and having VAC is like having nothing at all. And Valve won't ban your entire account just because of a VAC ban, what i like to see are HWID bans, oh those would be wonderful.

Those are called Game Bans: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=6899-IOSK-9514

Quote from there:

The effects of the game ban are determined by the developer, and must be consistent with a VAC ban, such as being prevented from playing online with other players and/or trading items for that game. It cannot prevent the user from launching and playing the game offline. It cannot prevent the user from using Steam.

The duration of the game ban is determined by the developer. Only permanent game bans are displayed on the user’s profile. Temporary game bans, or suspensions, are not displayed.

(In all VAC protected games there are also none VAC servers that you can always play on.)

The issue here is that APB doesn't have any kind of offline stuff - I guess they could do it like "limit to social"? Not sure. I don't think Steam would agree to this. That's something LO would have to figure out - and even then, Steam is rather indecisive at times, maybe they'd revert their decision. (And then again they could just annoy people in social etc. I guess they could make a cheat-district, that should be fine.)

If it's not gonna be displayed on the profile etc. I think LO could do whatever they want though and just ban based on the Steam ID (not URL/Name, you have an unique identifier that you can't change)

Wouldn't stop people from rerolling though. Creating a new Steam account is just as easy as doing a new G1 one... It might only scare people away from cheating on their mains.

I guess that would be good?

HWID bans were already in place with PB and will probably see a return with BE - issue is that they probably won't help much. Many cheats - no matter which game - include a HWID changer and even spoofing it "manually" should be no problem. I guess it would help against macro users who just use their mouse software or smth similar - and have no idea what they are doing but want to get an advantage - somehow.

(I think FF had a similar system? Not sure if they actually were like normal HWID bans but there you go. Issueing temporary IP bans (since most people have a dynamic one these days anyway) could help too - but yeah, 24h and they'd have a new one (or less if they just reset their connection...))

Edited by ❤BR)))❤

4 minutes ago, ninetenduh said:

Yea, your point is what exactly?

My point was they they are not VAC bans but Game Bans, noone mentioned the name 😛 -

And it was mostly clarification about which effects both Game Bans and VAC bans can have.

Tbf, idk why I added your quote... >Whoops, Sorry

Edited by ❤BR)))❤

It's not a like there won't be cheaters. 
Paid hack sites are million dollar business, BUT they won't be as updated as often and also public hacks will be very rare.

Edited by Luminesca

someone said bans for scroll wheeling

what has the world come to

4 hours ago, ninetenduh said:

Anyone who can spend a bit of time on the internet to find cheats, and is determined to cheat can find ways to bypass HWID bans.

1 hour ago, FlavorJenni said:

Anyone who can spend a bit of time on the internet to find cheats, and is determined to cheat can find ways to bypass HWID bans.

oh i know they will find how to bypass a hwid ban, i simply doubt they have the intellectual capabilities to use that knowledge.

6 minutes ago, ninetenduh said:

oh i know they will find how to bypass a hwid ban, i simply doubt they have the intellectual capabilities to use that knowledge.

A simple google search will show you that most of the "Major" hack providers spoof HWID's with their launchers. HWID bans don't do squat for F2P games.

At the end of the day, it's literally impossible to stop these people from constantly re-rolling. 

tbh any kind of client side anticheat is a good addition, if only to stop a majority of detected cheats right at the start instead of waiting to identify statistical anomalies 

I'm going to laugh when battle eye becomes a thing and all of you people continue to cry about cheaters bypassing it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Obvious Lesbian said:

I'm going to laugh when battle eye becomes a thing and all of you people continue to cry about cheaters bypassing it.

👍

Sign in to follow this