Sign in to follow this  
N0rbat

Who else cant wait for BattleEye?

I cant wait for it. Well finally have a decent anti hack and maby wont see hackers all the time

17 minutes ago, TheAceNinja said:

You do realize BattleEye is already bypassed in several games that use it, right? It's not perfect and there's still thousands of cheaters in high rank play on Siege and people still script and cheat in ArmA and Dayz.

It'll help catch some, but any major provider will still go for months without any detections and only those "unfortunate" enough to be using it during a detection will get banned. If someone doesn't log on that day and updates their cheats, they're perfectly fine.

I'm sure battleye delays the bans for while in order to flag as many people using that cheat as possible. I agree though, people shouldn't be getting theirs hopes up that this game will be cheat-free with a new anti-cheat. There is always the ability to reroll so if anything we will probably just see a decrease in the average rating of cheaters as they are caught sooner. Some people cheat at video games and no matter what happens they will continue to do so. The best way to decrease cheaters is to lower the perception that they exist so as to prevent the players who wouldn't normally cheat from convincing themselves its alright to do so since everyone else seems to be getting away with it. Its a kind of feedback-loop in that the more people there are that feel they are being cheated against, the more cheaters there will be.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, TheAceNinja said:

Ah, alright. I'm just so used to posts like this being negative like you were implying BE is perfect. 

My bad~

Oh another thing.

I'm sure half of these people who think people are cheating are just bad at the game too. This is why I think people will still complain and whine. Everyone is acting like there will be 'less' cheaters when its quite obvious the amount of cheaters in this game is quite low as compared to the population. 

They just suck and can't handle the fact that people know the mechanics and the game better than them.

not broadcasting bans was a very bad idea..

im dissapointed

Not only am I excited to start playing again, I am also excited that this game is getting proper cheat detection! I remember becoming really frustrated with cheaters back then (even though they're apparently an even bigger issue now) and going through so much shit to try to beat them (It never worked sadly). I'm super pumped that I'll be able to come back to a game that is already better than how I left it!

Edited by Goldtiger
grammar

Some people will always think anyone who beats them is cheating, that's just how it is, even if BE cleans up 99% of the game.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Defibyoulater said:

BURN THE HERETICS 

you seem to feel quite strongly about this

• Like 1

Oof, EU is f... unplayable sometimes. So many smooth aim heros, trigger bots.

There was only one time I truly enjoyed my time at 100% and that was when FF was implement. Cheaters went quiet for a week, so it's going to be same with BattlEye. Give it few days for private cheat providers to update their crap and those eXtReMeLy sKiLLeD pLaYeRs will be back at it. 

At least it goings to stop at the door some free public cheetos.

I can't wait but at the same time it's that meh moment of killing any not needed program in task manager before starting the game just like during PB times.

Edited by Clandestine

3 minutes ago, Clandestine said:

I can't wait but at the same time it's that meh moment of killing any not needed program in task manager before starting the game just like during PB times.

What do you even mean?

1 minute ago, -Rachel- said:

What do you even mean?

i think he’s referring to pb banning for any number of harmless programs

i would assume that an anticheat used by some of the biggest games around is a little better than that tho

Just now, -Rachel- said:

What do you even mean?

I've had PB false positive in APB ages ago and since that time I tend to shut down all apps, kill various processes etc. Better safe than sorry and I know that BE like every other client side anticheat can flag unrelated things as hack.

Just now, BXNNXD said:

i think he’s referring to pb banning for any number of harmless programs

i would assume that an anticheat used by some of the biggest games around is a little better than that tho

Just now, Clandestine said:

I've had PB false positive in APB ages ago and since that time I tend to shut down all apps, kill various processes etc. Better safe than sorry and I know that BE like every other client side anticheat can flag unrelated things as hack.

Oh, right, thanks. I never had issues, but I had heard about it happening.

2 minutes ago, -Rachel- said:

Oh, right, thanks. I never had issues, but I had heard about it happening.

you must have missed the grand finale, where punkbuster decided one day to ban anyone and everyone who logged in

shortly thereafter it was put out to pasture

Just now, BXNNXD said:

you must have missed the grand finale, where punkbuster decided one day to ban anyone and everyone who logged in

shortly thereafter it was put out to pasture

Wow lol yeah I wasn't there that day.

6 hours ago, Uhtdred said:

not broadcasting bans was a very bad idea..

im dissapointed

I'm not disappointed nor is it a very "bad" idea. In fact, it is a great idea.

6 hours ago, Ignas / qsn said:

It's bad because we don't know who was actually cheating and who didn't.

At the same time, it's good because people won't use "oh, you were banned" in every argument.

It's "good" because people shouldn't feel vindicated when someone is banned. 

iLaiooJ.png

Gamersfirst ruined a lot of people's reputations, banned their accounts, and publicly allowed them to be shamed all off flimsy evidence or personal reasons. I am glad Matt Scott cleared the air and used the phrase "a lot of instances" and was specific on how they were false bans. So many of those broadcasted FairFight bans people celebrated in district chat and on FFBans turned out to be false. Why allow that to happen all over again?

10 minutes ago, LaQuandra said:

I'm not disappointed nor is it a very "bad" idea. In fact, it is a great idea.

It's "good" because people shouldn't feel vindicated when someone is banned. 

iLaiooJ.png

Gamersfirst ruined a lot of people's reputations, banned their accounts, and publicly allowed them to be shamed all off flimsy evidence or personal reasons. I am glad Matt Scott cleared the air and used the phrase "a lot of instances" and was specific on how they were false bans. So many of those broadcasted FairFight bans people celebrated in district chat and on FFBans turned out to be false. Why allow that to happen all over again?

Why shouldn't I feel plenty vindicated when a cheater gets banned?

Because most of the bans are getting lifted. Do you feel vindicated still they ended up on FairFight because of a false flag or simply the community manager didn't like them? 

1 minute ago, LaQuandra said:

Because most of the bans are getting lifted. Do you feel vindicated still they ended up on FairFight because of a false flag or simply the community manager didn't like them? 

I refuse to believe the majority of FF bans were corrupt just because some of them were corrupt.

I'm actually happy that they're adding BE and unbanning everyone for a second chance at the same time.

But when I was talking about bans and feeling vindicated, I was thinking about any potential future bans, which will likely be legit.

So tell me, if someone actually cheated and ruined the game for other people, why the hell should I not feel great that they lose their account?

5 minutes ago, -Rachel- said:

in this specific situation its because it very well might not have been a cheater

in a broader context because it really just validates the cheater, especially when you have sites like ffbans which just end up adding another level of "infamy" 

5 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

in this specific situation its because it very well might not have been a cheater

in a broader context because it really just validates the cheater, especially when you have sites like ffbans which just end up adding another level of "infamy" 

Again I'm more thinking about future bans, that will hopefully be conducted more ethically. But I won't lie, I think cheaters are scum of the earth, and if they get punished for ruining things for other people, I'm going to feel good about it.

Again I'm more thinking about future bans, that will hopefully be conducted more ethically. But I won't lie, I think cheaters are scum of the earth, and if they get punished for ruining things for other people, I'm going to feel good about it.

the ban is supposed to be the punishment, especially if no ones knows and therefore no one cares

setting aside any 3rd party websites, giving them the avenue of broadcasting their "achievements" to everyone in the game just gives cheaters another reason to cheat

1 minute ago, BXNNXD said:

the ban is supposed to be the punishment, especially if no ones knows and therefore no one cares

setting aside any 3rd party websites, giving them the avenue of broadcasting their "achievements" to everyone in the game just gives cheaters another reason to cheat

Yeah I forgot how warped their brains are, where some might consider being punished an achievement.

Edited by -Rachel-

Sign in to follow this