Sign in to follow this  
N0rbat

Who else cant wait for BattleEye?

1 hour ago, LaQuandra said:

The whole "I've played enough games in my day to be able to spot a cheater" thing is such a meme. If you think that many people are actively cheating then you do not know how to spot cheaters. 

I dunno dude, I've managed to record and report several hackers successfully back when I was playing and I didn't pop off at players who I knew were respectable and played often. I wouldn't dismiss anyone who say they were running against hackers more and more frequently as APB's popularity and support from G1 began to decline. I have hours and hours of fun missions, close calls and good fights on my Youtube page to safely say that yeah, I do know what a fishy matchup looks like - and they were becoming more and more common to the point that me and the rest of my clan, who were playing just as long, dropped the game.

I'm not claiming that 9/10ths of my matches were up against hackers, and I agree that it's probably far less than people think - but the presence of more than just a few to the point that it's a concern every time you boot the game up makes a major impact to the perception of the game to most people.

Combined with the stagnation of the game, its laughable performance even on high-end systems, a lack of players and daily reports of server instability and DDOS attacks, it's a hard sell to come back to it in its current state. A new anticheat system is, at the very least, one of these issues solved, and it's one that may alleviate what was a major problem for me. I doubt you can deny that there's a lot of potential former players that have the same concern.

As an aside, I'm glad there'll be a clean slate for all former bans. Hopefully that'll give a good boost to the playerbase of the game and a lot of people who tried hacks due to boredom or frustration might give APB a real shot if LittleOrbit can make it worth people's time.

Edited by Songbearer

Sign in to follow this