Ritual

APB Roadmap 2023 (03/08)

3 hours ago, Frosi said:

Opened the forums for the first time in a while and immediately regretted it, the amount of delusions and flat out awful takes with not a single thought to them is staggering, I don't blame LO for only posting on their discord cause the forums are a literal cesspool of people believing what they want regardless of what LO will tell them and once LO releases something they will flock to every conspiracy theory possible outlining how LO is lying and nothing changed before admitting that they did actually do something to the game.

Weird how you are posting this in the thread that outlines the literal roadmap they are working on H M M

This would literally kill the game as it requires a ton of content and further splits the small playerbase, it would be nice in the future but its not feasible let alone smart with their current team size as well as playerbase.

Yea, except no one would buy this game to keep it running but only to copy the designer for a different game they are working on

Yea cause a CEO leaving the company is such a common thing to happen, especially without an apparent replacement.

Words are cheap. LO hasn't done anything with the game in years, and there hasn't been a single word spoken from them other than "hey, give us money" in several months. And the things they offer for said money are literal garbage like a 1 slot CSG.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TooStrong said:

Sorry to tell you this, but this game probably shut down next year for real this time. There's no roadmap, no new districts/maps are coming, the new graphic engine visuals looks worse than RTW, should have sold this game years ago back to EA or some other major company, this game is dead. Sadly there isn't any other game similar to APB, other than Crimecraft which is also shut down sadly and Defiance Original which again another game shut down, sadly. People think GTA 5 is a great online game lol, i think there's more cheaters in GTA5 than APB haha.

I don't play alot of mmos anymore, due to the fact that i know that the fate of them won't last long due to devs making changes for their games which eventually ends up destroying the playerbase and killings the game, so what's the point. Only mmo game i play the most is Destiny 2. 

Matt probably left the company if he hasn't logged on since April lol 

You mostly play destiny 2!? Where they remove paid only content?  

Hey for me just keeping the server up is enough. Ill gladly play until the last 20 people. If it takes another five years to fix this game or until it dies i have plenty of time to enjoy the game.

They dont even need to add new content they could just make like a weekly event where if you do some challanges you get old content you cant get any more. that would be cool

12 hours ago, Hexerin said:

LO hasn't done anything with the game in years

Yea lets just ignore the 64Bit update which fixed multiple major issues such as the rtx crash and now serves as a foundation for them to actually do something with the game entirely, thanks for proving my point.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Frosi said:

Yea lets just ignore the 64Bit update which fixed multiple major issues such as the rtx crash and now serves as a foundation for them to actually do something with the game entirely, thanks for proving my point.

also lets ignore that they released it and then disappeared again for another year, so far doing nothing with the 64 bit upgrade at all.

also 2023 roadmap ahahahahhaha 2 months left until the end of the year and nothing has been achieved, whats the point of these again?

• Thanks 2

as the undisputed greatest apb player of all time, and highest iq apb player (200+), i have to give my brief comments about the roadmap

PHASING/MATCHMAKING: there are no positives to this, it will only make districts MORE dead because ppl sit in social waiting for missions. may aswell rebrand to fortnite: reloaded and have them parachute into the district.

MULTI-REGION: there are no positives to this, APB is a shooter game and as such is completely unplayable beyond your local servers. any gamer who is 1% the gamer i am knows this. playing with over 100 ping is completely unfair and a waste of time, it knocks you down from gold to silver essentially. the only place this could possibly make any sense at all is social district because you aren't fighting there, but who cares about that really.

ANTI-GRIEFING/STREAMER PRIVILEGES: there are no positives to this, it will be abused to harass players and make mods powertrip and streamers feel entitled. a complete waste of what little resources you think you have. instead you could be banning cheaters, but instead you are going after some kid who is driving a dumptruck and having alot of fun doing so, because some loser cried that he rammed him.

TEAMKILLING/TROLLING "FIX": there are no positives about it, teamkilling is part of APB. go play hello kitty online if you cant handle dying in video games. there are plenty of reasons to teamkill someone and if you remove the ability it doesn't prevent griefing at all. just because poundofflesh gets trolled in fightclub doesnt mean you have to remove an essential part of the game that is teamkilling. you will TOTALLY DESTROY the balance of many weapons like weapons with large spread (shaw556), weapons with AOE dmg (grenade/rockets), anything that can run you over, if you remove teamkilling the game will make zero sense and enable the most ridiculous playstyles imaginable. same goes for cars or whatever the 'ghosting' idea is, completely deranged idea must have come from the SPCT/cheater defenders or mattscott himself.

XBOX/PLAYSTATION: buy a pc

TL:DR

what an absolute joke. it seems they will only make APB EVEN WORSE. how is that even possible.

Merged.

On 11/1/2023 at 1:47 AM, Hexerin said:

Words are cheap. LO hasn't done anything with the game in years, and there hasn't been a single word spoken from them other than "hey, give us money" in several months. And the things they offer for said money are literal garbage like a 1 slot CSG.

well yeah APB has zero devs. they have some wanna-be devs who like to pretend they are devs, but they aren't capable of doing anything to the game. you could have a random apb player develop apb better than these ppl, because we atleast know how the game works.

Edited by FakeBungo

24 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

They're removing teamkilling?

Sometimes people on the forums have more knowledge about whats gonna happen than SPCT, let alone LO themselves!

• Like 1

Just now, Frosi said:

Sometimes people on the forums have more knowledge about whats gonna happen than SPCT, let alone LO themselves!

I bet @KyoukiDotExe is behind this.

So, what parts of the roadmap have been started? Vehicle balance? Can't count the Epic Games integration since we have an old version of EAC.

• Thanks 1

Developers could avoid negativity in their address by publishing posts about the implementation of the roadmap, devoting one hour per month to this.

But, apparently, they like this attitude towards them.

Take responsibility and publish a post about the progress of the work. Whatever the result of the work. Players, as the most interested people, have the right to know about what is happening with the development.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/2/2023 at 1:02 PM, CookiePuss said:

I bet @KyoukiDotExe is behind this.

what do you mean puss?

On 11/2/2023 at 1:01 PM, Frosi said:

But what you know and say've the same value of the snow fall from last year  💩

Edited by PingOVER9000

They doin work outside G1 portfolio and when they can-come back to apb because they dont have resources otherwise.At least what Matt explains in last AMA(december 2022)Back then he also mention dat over 55 people from the company workin on some project dat is huge so probably the entire 2023(or most of it)was this guy Secrets only developin/workin on apb

when do we get to the part were a huge fight erupts and we start killing each other like frenzied animals

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cowhorseman said:

when do we get to the part were a huge fight erupts and we start killing each other like frenzied animals

you know what, this is better than walls of goddamn texts

6 hours ago, Bruhd101 said:

you know what, this is better than walls of goddamn texts

idiots say a lot of words to make themselfs sound smarter

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Yapopal said:

Developers could avoid negativity in their address by publishing posts about the implementation of the roadmap, devoting one hour per month to this.

But, apparently, they like this attitude towards them.

Take responsibility and publish a post about the progress of the work. Whatever the result of the work. Players, as the most interested people, have the right to know about what is happening with the development.

1 hour per month? woah. that is crazy to expect that much workload from mattscott. he is a busy man after all.

perhaps he should employ more SPCT so that it looks like anything is happening for apb, and the SPCT's job could be to larp as if they are of any significance to the game and community.

oh wait thats what they already do/are

• Like 1

Tbh, I miss P5/N5 showing up on radar. Back when I played seriously, it gave me a legitimate fear that I could potentially have the entire district after me if I played well enough. It was also a nice balance in difficult matches were an enemy was more skilled than me. Just my $.02

9 hours ago, ThePurpleBandit said:

Tbh, I miss P5/N5 showing up on radar. Back when I played seriously, it gave me a legitimate fear that I could potentially have the entire district after me if I played well enough. It was also a nice balance in difficult matches were an enemy was more skilled than me. Just my $.02

I liked the bounty feature when the final mission rewards were linked to your notoriety. Surviving with a bounty meant extra money and standing. G1 removed that feature, so it ended up being an annoyance with no rewards. Even then, I wouldn't have had an issue with it if enforcers and criminals levels increased at the same rate, and if it started at 3 or 4 star each mission instead of rolling over from previous missions.

58 minutes ago, ninjarrrr said:

hahahahahahhahahahahahah

cant wait for the 2024 roadmap!

hope its just "were taking the game offline becuase we got no idea what we are doing

• Like 1

2023 roadmap has come and gone and once again @MattScott has failed to keep any promises to the community. Hey Matt just a friendly word of advice. None of us trust you or LO anymore. Youve lied too many times.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

image.png?ex=65a8ab49&is=65963649&hm=cb4

image.png?ex=65a8ab88&is=65963688&hm=9f4

image.png?ex=65a8ab98&is=65963698&hm=470

image.png?ex=65a3f761&is=65918261&hm=7d3

image.png?ex=65a3f763&is=65918263&hm=932

image.png?ex=65a10a8c&is=658e958c&hm=2dd

(colouring the front bumper also changes this)

image.png?ex=65a0e582&is=658e7082&hm=3e4

image.png?ex=65a8abc8&is=659636c8&hm=d8f

image.png?ex=65a8ac16&is=65963716&hm=2e9

best part of the roadmap, by far lol

• Like 1