blockblack

showstopper exploit

12 minutes ago, Kakalaki said:

wait until you JG is 3stk haha

But they said they want to increase its rate of fire too, which makes it more or less the same TTK.

... which is kind of stupid.

1 hour ago, AxeTurboAgresor said:

Iam not a nerf-type guy, but its ttk (0.7s) seems a lil bit too low for a fairly reliable pistol. 

But... u know it only kills in 0.7 up to 10m IF u manage to hit ALL pellets... 🤔

1 hour ago, AxeTurboAgresor said:

Certain mouses did not supported binding fire on mouse wheel. I dunno why. I remember having the same problem. Anyway, mouse wheel shooting does not give any advantage. Maybe if you are rly new and cant time your tap fire correctly. For more advanced players its rly just a disadvantage that messes up whole aiming, and sustain fire, and its harder to controll.

Iam not a nerf-type guy, but its ttk (0.7s) seems a lil bit too low for a fairly reliable pistol. 

We need to stop changing weapons that people have purchased with rl money over a year after they are released. It is not fair to those people. I would like to see LO commit to     a no change rule once a weapon is released for purchase. That means they will need to test the weapon better and insure it is dialed in before releasing it. The only exception might be if for some reason and exploit was found.

4 minutes ago, Farbon Ciber said:

We need to stop changing weapons that people have purchased with rl money over a year after they are released.

no. :))

1 hour ago, Farbon Ciber said:

We need to stop changing weapons that people have purchased with rl money over a year after they are released. It is not fair to those people. I would like to see LO commit to     a no change rule once a weapon is released for purchase. That means they will need to test the weapon better and insure it is dialed in before releasing it. The only exception might be if for some reason and exploit was found.

No.

No.

8 minutes ago, BrandonBranderson said:

No.

So it’s completely ok to neuter a weapon when someone may have spent hundreds of dollars in joker boxes to obtain in? 

I would prefer to see it enter the game completely tested and not have that happen

I have had at least three purchases changed for the worse years after I purchased them. Many of them are no longer fun to play because of that

13 minutes ago, Farbon Ciber said:

So it’s completely ok to neuter a weapon when someone may have spent hundreds of dollars in joker boxes to obtain in? 

I would prefer to see it enter the game completely tested and not have that happen

I have had at least three purchases changed for the worse years after I purchased them. Many of them are no longer fun to play because of that

Of course that's okay.

If it hurts or even destroys the game in a way, something needs to be done, regardless if you paid for it or not.

Pay 2 Win is never okay and it's totally fine if the developer does something against it.

The scroll wheel is mainly abused for single fire weapons like the carbine, huntress, stac etc etc. It allows for much faster shooting vs rapidly clicking the mouse to fire and is an unfair advantage in that respect vs ppl who use the mouse to fire. The fire button should be click to fire and perm binded so this isnt something that can be abused.

31 minutes ago, Farbon Ciber said:

Releasing something completely balanced is the ideal situation but weapon balance clearly isn't their strong point (yet). Apparently the recent NFAS and JG changes were fine and got pushed to live. Much rather have them balance weapons if needed be to ensure enjoyable gameplay regardless of release date. A balanced game requires all weapons to balanced, if other weapons get changed it could result in your weapon being more/less effective so it doesn't make any sense to limit balancing to after a year.

Besides that, why does a year after release matter? How fair is it if you buy a gun today that got released years ago and gets nerfed tomorrow?

2 hours ago, Farbon Ciber said:

then give back the original troublemaker

anyways isn't this another " this gun killed me its op " thread

Edited by Fortune Runner

Yes it is completely ok.  If the game as a whole is negatively affected by an unbalanced gun then it needs to be fixed.  The overall balance of the game is more important than whether or not you spent money on a particular gun.  Weapon balance is something that needs tweaked over time and if you're buying a gun in this game then you should know by now that weapon stats are always changing, so it's up to you whether or not to spend money knowing that.  If you don't trust that your gun will be as good in a year as it is now, then don't buy it.  Simple as that.  It's extremely difficult to balance the shitload of guns we have now while adding new ones on top of them.

3 hours ago, Farbon Ciber said:

That means they will need to test the weapon better and insure it is dialed in before releasing it.

MUCH easier said than done.  To really get the balance 100% right on a gun they would need to test it in every possible situation at multiple skill levels against every gun.  Do you think they have the time and resources to do that?

Ongoing weapon changes are a part of APB, it's expected at this point.  Sorry if you wasted your money, but it's for the game's own good.

3 hours ago, Farbon Ciber said:

You end up with a power creep that is harder to fix than just balancing all weapons.  This is coming from a person who has been around since the release of the Whisper and CSG

4 hours ago, Sayori said:

This guy has been steadily trolling for few weeks. Surprised there are people who still fall for it. So ez.

Why do you consider that posting my opinion on forum is trolling?

this makes no sense...

8 hours ago, GhosT said:

Hum, just tried it. I stand corrected.

Since when is it like that though? It certainly wasn't possible in 2011/2012 when salty, young me tried to budget macro a carbine.

Probably just another thing G1 randomly broke someday..

I remember testing it at least early 2013.

11 hours ago, Farbon Ciber said:

of all the thousands of games that have balance changes why is it that apb needs to be the one that apologizes for bettering itself?

9 hours ago, Farbon Ciber said:

why are you assuming that “completely neutered” weapons are the end intent for balancing?

• Like 1

On 11/4/2019 at 2:02 AM, Bambola said:

I simply love when they pull out the Showstopper and the show ends with them dying to N-FA9 before they even realize what's going on.

What a convenient name. 

Agreed. I own both. The greatest trait of the N-FA9 is that nobody expects it.

N-FA9 = TTK Beast

Showstopper = Packs a mean punch.

On 11/4/2019 at 6:16 PM, Farbon Ciber said:

That's the most stupid thing I heard ever.

Essentialy gonna make APB P2W.

• Like 1

ahhahaha 23 downvotes holy shit man they hate you more than me ahhaha gg!

On 11/4/2019 at 1:55 PM, Farbon Ciber said:

3? I've had even more than that reworked and changed. Nano, Scout, Shredder, to be strife, c9, atac, blah blah the list goes on. Most of them needed fixed, and the only reason I bought some of them (aside from the strife and shredder) was because of how broke they were to begin with. I bought em knowing they'd be nerfed in a few months/years. Sooo feels bad but doesnt I guess.

On 11/3/2019 at 10:45 AM, blockblack said:

I have noticed that some players use showstopper as a pocket shotgun, they make showstopper shoot really fast by using mouse wheel up and down to fire the weapon... I just hope you fix this quickly because I am a JG tactical shotgun user and this exploit makes showstopper kill faster than a jg tactical...

The showstopper's purpose is literally to be a pocket shotgun, and if you bind shoot to mousewheel, that means all your guns gotta shoot with mousewheel, and that's just impractical. And I wouldn't call the showstopper an exploit considering its fairly balanced.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, RagingDragon said:

The showstopper's purpose is literally to be a pocket shotgun, and if you bind shoot to mousewheel, that means all your guns gotta shoot with mousewheel, and that's just impractical. And I wouldn't call the showstopper an exploit considering its fairly balanced.

I agree with this and have this to add if you already know they have it and stay out of range with any gun with better range you will be fine..... KNOW THY ENEMY AND THYSELF

otherwise I guess cry and have an ice cream cone

Edit : damnit now i want ice cream

Edited by Fortune Runner
  • Like 1