Jump to content
MattScott

Should we give out the Autumn Assault skin?

Autumn Assault reward poll  

294 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Should we give out the Autumn Assault skin to everyone who logged in?

    • Yes. The event was flawed. There was no way for me to win.
      160
    • No. Players worked hard to win. It will devalue their effort.
      81
    • I don’t care.
      53


Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Hes acting as if somebody said give the playerbase the butcher skin when nobody said that lol

 

No he's not. As someone who doesn't have the Butcher skin I'mma say he's acting entirely appropriate for what you're saying, lol.

 

 

5 minutes ago, VickyFox said:

...Ahhh now this I can relate too, I didn't refer any friend when Refer a Friend Scheme was a thing because it was being abused and I anticipated bans because of it.

No bans were made and everyone else got free rewards for referring other existing APB players and I got nothing.

 

RIP, G1 even said they were fine with people abusing it because it was a test (and tests are made to be abused.) I feel for you man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People had multiple chances to get Joker tickets from the minigame. I think you should make the skin purchasable for like 800 JT from the joker store.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Matt's response prompted me to write up the origin and all the history behind the Butcher skin

It's a picture & video heavy post. Also lots of badly written words by yours truly.

I hope you enjoy!

https://forums.gamersfirst.com/topic/7001-media-heavy-apb-history-101-the-butcher-skin/

 

 

Edited by Nitronik

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I'm beyond caring for any quirky rewards, after having missed so many limited time opportunities due to work, life, etc...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kewlin said:

You only got many JMBs if you were a repeat winner, 1st time winners just got the skin.

...what?! Where on the forum announcement post does it say anything about winning JMBs if one wins multiple times? Someone in-game told me that winning just once would grant oneself 10 JMBs 😞
Should I really have just played the egoist and won another time or more instead of being done with going for wins and transitioning over to helping out others get their one win round because I got the skin from that one win I went for?

Edit: words

Edited by Ulexos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Ulexos said:

...what?! Where on the forum announcement post does it say anything about winning JMBs if one wins multiple times? Someone in-game told me that winning just once would grant oneself 10 JMBs 😞
Should I really have just played the egoist and won another time or more instead of being done with going for wins and transitioning over to helping out others get their one win round because I got the skin from that one win I went for?

Edit: words

 

Fuck, I meant to say JTs, MB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kewlin said:

 

Fuck, I meant to say JTs, MB.

So... no JMBs whatsoever?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ulexos said:

So... no JMBs whatsoever?

 

Nope, I just made a typo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

 

Nope, I just made a typo.

This is the internet You are being fined 1 E-point

 

And give everyone the skin give actual winners a new autumn assault skin that removes the red parts and makes it streamlined white and soft orange.

 

or just screw it and give everyone the skin and give actual winners a title (i'm out of ideas)

 

In short there are more people that didn't win then did, so the vote is pretty one sided If it makes people happy i'm fine with them getting the skin

(never seen soo much hatred towards winners during an event it was quite shocking.)

Edited by Zolerox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Zolerox said:

This is the internet You are being fined 1 E-point

 

And give everyone the skin give actual winners a new autumn assault skin that removes the red parts and makes it streamlined white and soft orange.

 

or just screw it and give everyone the skin and give actual winners a title (i'm out of ideas)

 

In short there are more people that didn't win then did, so the vote is pretty one sided If it makes people happy i'm fine with them getting the skin

(never seen soo much hatred towards winners during an event it was quite shocking.)

It was the same ppl over and over and over even after GMs asked to stop they kept winning and it prevented others from getting the skin. Why? So they could brag about how many times they won and so less ppl have the skin in the end. Nothing but griefing from said winners and tbh they should all serve a suspension for breaking the tos for griefing, but we know thats not guna happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Zolerox said:

In short there are more people that didn't win then did, so the vote is pretty one sided If it makes people happy i'm fine with them getting the skin

(never seen soo much hatred towards winners during an event it was quite shocking.)

 

Fair point.

 

8 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

It was the same ppl over and over and over even after GMs asked to stop they kept winning and it prevented others from getting the skin. Why? So they could brag about how many times they won and so less ppl have the skin in the end. Nothing but griefing from said winners and tbh they should all serve a suspension for breaking the tos for griefing, but we know thats not guna happen.

 

I mean, some people believe it or not just continued playing for JTs, or because they like the mode. Not everyone is an evil villain.

 

7 minutes ago, Deadliest said:

how about this anyone who wins gets a 3 day premium code.

 

I'm sure someone would like that, but to me I'd rather not get that TBH, as it'd just leave a bad taste in my mouth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

 

Fair point.

 

 

I mean, some people believe it or not just continued playing for JTs, or because they like the mode. Not everyone is an evil villain.

 

 

I'm sure someone would like that, but to me I'd rather not get that TBH, as it'd just leave a bad taste in my mouth.

Not saying everyone is evil, but the fact stands that 99% of repeat winners did it just to win. Yes there were those select few who won by accident or did it for the JT but lets be honest here, most did it just to brag and troll.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Not saying everyone is evil, but the fact stands that 99% of repeat winners did it just to win. Yes there were those select few who won by accident or did it for the JT but lets be honest here, most did it just to brag and troll.

 

I'm not going to presume people's motives with no evidence, nor is it really relevant to the topic at hand TBH.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

 

I'm not going to presume people's motives with no evidence, nor is it really relevant to the topic at hand TBH.

Its part of the problem of the event so yes, its relevant. And id like to think if ppl werent doing it for bragging they wouldnt boast the number of times they won in the event dist each night. Just saying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Its part of the problem of the event so yes, its relevant. And id like to think if ppl werent doing it for bragging they wouldnt boast the number of times they won in the event dist each night. Just saying.

 

So explain to me how these people's motives is relevant to whether or not LO should give the skin out to everyone who logged in? It's what they did and the results that matter TBH, not why they did it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do not think it is as big of a deal as everyone is making it out to be. Learn from this event, give the skin to people who participated, and try to do better in the future. The idea should be to reward player's efforts and investments into the game. If you feel that the event did not do that, then it makes sense what is being suggested.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't get the skin. Didn't even try. I would be getting the skin under this plan because I logged in, and I don't think that's right.

 

There is value in keeping things exclusive. Handing out the rewards to everyone cheapens the experience.

 

I would vote no, but not because those people earned it, because participation trophies are bad for everyone.

Edited by finaljustice
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As someone who got super lucky and won it, Idk. I think the experience alone is enough, so I dont care if it's not 'exclusive'.... but at the same time giving it out also feels a lil like trying too hard to make everyone happy, so idk ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Archon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What about the obvious-Hacker in Jericho who hacked to win? I won't mention his nickname because of forum-rules, but we all Jericho-Players know who he is. He was openly spoken about on the event's global voice-chat between participants, and then we laughed about how his cheats didn't help him in the explosive game-mode cuz of explosive-fuse-delay.

 

You adorable-kittens don't plan on rewarding his 'hard work' by giving him something extra to the skin as well as the insanely-ultra-generous mountain of Joker Tickets, are you~~?

 

Screenshot_18.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lily Rain said:

What about the obvious-Hacker in Jericho who hacked to win? I won't mention his nickname because of forum-rules, but we all Jericho-Players know who he is. He was openly spoken about on the event's global voice-chat between participants, and then we laughed about how his cheats didn't help him in the explosive game-mode cuz of explosive-fuse-delay.

 

You adorable-kittens don't plan on rewarding his 'hard work' by giving him something extra to the skin as well as the insanely-ultra-generous mountain of Joker Tickets, are you~~?

 

Honestly. . . who really cares? Deciding how you treat everyone else based around hackers is pretty silly in my opinion.

  • Dislike 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

 

Honestly. . . who really cares? Deciding how you treat everyone else based around hackers is pretty silly in my opinion.

I was clearly talking about him and him specifically, not everybody else..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Lily Rain said:

I was clearly talking about him and him specifically, not everybody else..

 

Yeah, but if he's proven to be cheating he should be banned, not just not given a special reward, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to mention that the pol options are ambigious since there is no option for people who won the skin to definitely say that they are for giving it out to all participants.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...