MattScott

Should we give out the Autumn Assault skin?

Autumn Assault reward poll  

294 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Should we give out the Autumn Assault skin to everyone who logged in?

• Yes. The event was flawed. There was no way for me to win.
    • No. Players worked hard to win. It will devalue their effort.
    • I don’t care.

I agree giving the skin for players that tried the event, i played a lot of matchs (got more than 10k jt for 4x4 with this event lol) and only in one of these i finished at 2nd u.u same players winning always but that was something i knew, and i focused on farming jt instead, gm tried to tell repeat winners to not win at all, but they wanted that 250 jt so bad xD 

😓

On 12/8/2018 at 3:14 AM, MidnightQ said:

2. People who did play and won once only to let other to have a chance to win the skin in other words THEY did follow and listen Lixil guide line to make the game enjoyable for all.

3. People that won only once and letting others to a have chance means they listen and follow Lixil guide lines should have their skin account-wide and special title for being true loyal players that follow the rules.

One small issue with this is knowing if someone was following the suggestion to let others win or trying to win multiple times and just not managing it.

I'm rather cynical I know.

I love that you have a poll for this.  I personally did not participate and hope that I wouldn't be included if this is something you end up handing out.

Whether the event is flawed or not, I imagine it was tough to complete due to the fact the player population could be really low and the event unplayable.

7 hours ago, mynd said:

I love that you have a poll for this.  I personally did not participate and hope that I wouldn't be included if this is something you end up handing out.

Whether the event is flawed or not, I imagine it was tough to complete due to the fact the player population could be really low and the event unplayable.

It was disaster. That's why we have this poll. I covered most of my points in other thread.

Edited by Mitne

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

Can I get a "Give the skin to everyone but Mitne" choice?

Sorry salt piles are not people so no.

i didnt get chance to log in, so i'd be fine with giving it to everyone who attended/logged in during that time rather than just everyone, seems unfair for those who didnt log in to get a reward for something they had no part of. 

• Like 1

Welp so much for hard work being worth something. Skin gets handed out no questions asked. Makes all the anger and everything else that went with dealing with the flaws in this event completely worth it.

8 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Welp so much for hard work being worth something. Skin gets handed out no questions asked. Makes all the anger and everything else that went with dealing with the flaws in this event completely worth it.

Choices have consequences.

Welcome to adulthood.

Just now, CookiePuss said:

Welcome to adulthood.

As does Matts choice to just hand out the skin to everyone. Why try and why play fairly when you can just have everything handed to you on a silver platter?

5 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

As does Matts choice to just hand out the skin to everyone. Why try and why play fairly when you can just have everything handed to you on a silver platter?

Everything?

Or do you mean one ugly skin that was part of an event the CEO himself called "flawed". 

Cuz I feel like we aren't talking about the same thing. 

90% of the APB Com are actually bad players.

The result of this poll was decided before it was even made.

From T to average Golds.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Everything?

Or do you mean one ugly skin that was part of an event the CEO himself called "flawed". 

Cuz I feel like we aren't talking about the same thing. 

You dont think all the kiddies arent going to complain about not being handed free rewards in the future after this? You think after this the ppl who broke the TOS are going to shape up cause LO took a stand? U think ppl who played fairly might not not play fairly next time cause theres no point? I feel like im spot on in the future implementations that just handing this out will bring, even if it isnt the prettiest thing in the world.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

You dont think all the kiddies arent going to complain about not being handed free rewards in the future after this? You think after this the ppl who broke the TOS are going to shape up cause LO took a stand? U think ppl who played fairly might not not play fairly next time cause theres no point? I feel like im spot on in the future implementations that just handing this out will bring, even if it isnt the prettiest thing in the world.

Let em complain.

Matt doesn't have to listen to them. 

If the skin gets handed out, it will only be because the event as Matt put it, was flawed. 

Something I believe you spent several weeks spamming the forums about. 

I wonder what your stance would have been should you not have finally won the skin?

3 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Welcome to adulthood.

I feel like not getting the skin and complaining is not understanding consequences. I'm not sure how not being able to predict the future is not understanding that your choices have consequences.

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

If the skin gets handed out, it will only be because the event as Matt put it, was flawed. 

I wonder what your stance would have been should you not have finally won the skin?

I'm rather neutral to this discussion overall, but there's a pretty big difference between the skin being given away to the top five players, and being given to everyone who logged on after the entire event ran and there was no hint that such a thing would happen.

10 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

I'm rather neutral to this discussion overall, but there's a pretty big difference between the skin being given away to the top five players, and being given to everyone who logged on after the entire event ran and there was no hint that such a thing would happen.

Yeah for sure. If that was an option I would have voted for it (top 5). I myself only played one match, doesn't seem right I get the skin. But I get where Matt is coming from too. The event didn't go as planned, winners weren't awarded as he'd have liked, and on top of that going through all the matches to list everyone who was top 5 is more trouble than it's probably worth. 

Edited by CookiePuss

9 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Yeah for sure. If that was an option I would have voted for it (top 5). I myself only played one match, doesn't seem right I get the skin. But I get where Matt is coming from too. The event didn't go as planned, winners weren't awarded as he'd have liked, and on top of that going through all the matches to list everyone who was top 5 is more trouble than it's probably worth.

Yeah, I'm just saying that was what Darkzero was asking for for the majority of the event.

It's probably not worth it I guess for LO to do after the fact, but I was just trying to put things back in perspective.

Just now, Kewlin said:

Yeah, I'm just saying that was what Darkzero was asking for for the majority of the event.

It's probably not worth it I guess for LO to do after the fact, but I was just trying to put things back in perspective.

What I really didn't get the was why LO GMs were so inconsistent about kicking repeat winners. Some didn't kick at all, some only kicked and the players would just rejoin, and perhaps worst of all, some just "asked nicely" to let other players win. 

Shit was odd af. 

Hi all,

It's not really feasible for us to award the Top X winners from each session. We don't have that kind of tracking, which is why I didn't offer it in the first place.

@Darkzero3802 I understand your frustration. I don't believe I'm setting a precedent here by awarding the skin from an event that didn't go as planned.

It's also not feasible for us to create a 2nd skin, but I am looking into awarding a title to everyone who actually got 1st place to give them something unique.

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

It's not really feasible for us to award the Top X winners from each session. We don't have that kind of tracking, which is why I didn't offer it in the first place.

@Darkzero3802 I understand your frustration. I don't believe I'm setting a precedent here by awarding the skin from an event that didn't go as planned.

It's also not feasible for us to create a 2nd skin, but I am looking into awarding a title to everyone who actually got 1st place to give them something unique.

Thanks,
Matt

I'd suggest you give the winners a skin selector ontop of the title... just because a title is just some text and most people don't care about them at all... pretty sure they'd be pleased with a skin selector.
(FYI: the skin selector already exists and was used in previous events)

25 minutes ago, Snubnose said:

I'd suggest you give the winners a skin selector ontop of the title... just because a title is just some text and most people don't care about them at all... pretty sure they'd be pleased with a skin selector.

I know I don't speak for everyone but, I personally wouldn't be pleased with a skin selector, assuming its the same one they've given out before, I already have all the skins from it.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Let em complain.

Matt doesn't have to listen to them. 

I enjoy a challenge dont get me wrong. Handing it out to those who participated only im fine with but as I have said many times those who won legitly and did the right thing in letting others win should have an exclusive of some kind for their hard work and support (so they arent slapped when said hard work is given out). Ppl who griefed and abused it shouldnt get anything. Wether I won the skin or not this is just the right thing to do and encourages the community to do the right thing which will lead to a better quality of life in game. I am well aware of what I have done during the course of the event and I still feel that way about the event and wether I won or not doesnt factor into what the right thing is. I could have not been on once during the event id still be saying what im saying now about a handout.

4 hours ago, Snubnose said:

Actually if the Forever Alone title is anything to go off of ppl do care about exclusive titles.

5 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

Thanks,
Matt

Alright Matt I understand, though having a win tracker might be something to look into for future events to help with this issue. And I understand Matt I didnt expect it to be feasible but going through a list on paper it was something just to mention. 

• Like 1