CombatMedic02

APB 2022 Roadmap Discussion

Is 1.3 going to be on a newer version of the engine? I thought the current engine didn't have 64 bit support.

34 minutes ago, BlatMan said:

Is 1.3 going to be on a newer version of the engine? I thought the current engine didn't have 64 bit support.

They have no choice but to get it in there cause they failed the engine update

58 minutes ago, your-username-is-not-suitable said:

What's to say they're not gonna fail this too 3 years down the line

We won't know until they try it.  Same goes for the other upgrade attempts.  We didn't know that we were going to hit some impassable wall, now we do, so they stopped those attempts.  We're never going to get anywhere without trying new approaches after one fails.

• Like 1

It's genuinely sad how many of you are actually buying into this.

3eb7fc3ca7186272728477736f5337e4.gif

• Like 2

On 1/29/2022 at 11:32 AM, CombatMedic02 said:

Edited by ComFeyer: the 2022 roadmap can be read here: https://www.gamersfirst.com/apb/news/2022/1/29/apb-2022-roadmap

Can't say I'm not disappointed but I understand the development hell that the new Engine has been in for a while now. I'm just gutted that until the RTX crashes get fixed I can't jump into the game for more then half an hour these days without crashing to desktop and while I'm happy that these issues are on the road map for updating the current version of the game does this mean I'm going to have to wait another year before being able to play the game again?

Feeling a bit disheartened is all. Will there even be players left playing the game when I finally can get back in to play it? Are LO going to advertise the current version of the game when it's updated instead of the engine upgrade since it's no longer being worked on? I have a few questions but most of all I would just like to be able to play again without crashing every 5 minutes.

Hopefully the RTX issues will be fixed sooner rather then later, still holding out hope anyway.

CombatMedic02

homie just turn off shadows for the rtx thing, i never crash im using rtx

Merged.

also I wanna point out that half the pople in this post dont even have the game installed

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, lvrq said:

also I wanna point out that half the pople in this post dont even have the game installed

How did you know.

• Like 1

All this sounds good to me... honestly, fix the stuttering and fps problems, add new content. That's all the game needs to be good. 

• Thanks 1

Is it finally time to let go? 
I think I'm about ready to let go.
Maybe I'll need another year.

This is not really surprise or news to anyone with a brain.

Copium-Twitch.png

9 hours ago, lvrq said:

You're right I haven't had the game installed for a few years now, why would I keep a game that takes up space that's dead?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, lvrq said:

I'm just here to beef up that number. I like beefing up numbers.

• Like 1

So it took 8 years just to realize the obvious. Nice. Can there be finally any real progress now?

• Thanks 1

Ill suggest it again.Release the new contacts(the mma guy and the cop girl)for new content till the engine fix.Gonna buy you at least couple of months time in which the population may increase(old players returnin+new ones)and if the /pop increase enough-u can return the threat districts.U hit 2 birds with one stone.U can make another 2 contacts with some stuff on it with the engine release(u already did some for social)The cons of this is that the players will grind new content on not optimized game but we always did that so is not the end of the world..

Edited by AlienTM

1 hour ago, PotatoeGirl said:

So it took 8 years just to realize the obvious. Nice. Can there be finally any real progress now?

Maybe we can get a Ntec reskin finally.

• Thanks 1

‘Postponing engine update’ in developers words means ‘might be done one day… by someone else… in long future’. Will be checking then game finally shuts down.

Edited by wHisHi

Personally think it's a waste of ressources that they backport all the EU stuff to live.

The current APB we have is a dirty hackjob, and porting modern stuff to it will only break it more than it already is, improved garbage is still garbage in the end, keeping all the efforts in the engine upgrade would mean more wait for us, but a better platfrom to grow APB from with a fresh start.

I really don't see a point on trying to maintain the game when it has such a low playerbase, it's just way too late to do that, there's thousands of people that follow APB's developpement and are ready to come back when something big happens, taking this more gradual approach will serve nothing other than give the returning players a feeling of apb being still being half assed.

Hopefully i'm wrong, but i think this is a bad decision, apb is just way too old to be taken back, it's a 12 years old game by now, and it needs more than just maintenance, it needs a fresh modern start which is what the engine upgrade would allow.

Edited by Ketog
  • Like 3

Don't see anything about the anti cheat. What is a game when there are the same people blatantly cheating and also stream sniping streamers for years with out ever getting banned.....

first get a normal anti cheat that isn't bypassed by a cheat from 2015 and then do your 1.3 update 

1 hour ago, Ketog said:

Personally think it's a waste of ressources that they backport all the EU stuff to live.

The current APB we have is a dirty hackjob, and porting modern stuff to it will only break it more than it already is, improved garbage is still garbage in the end, keeping all the efforts in the engine upgrade would mean more wait for us, but a better platfrom to grow APB from with a fresh start.

I really don't see a point on trying to maintain the game when it has such a low playerbase, it's just way too late to do that, there's thousands of people that follow APB's developpement and are ready to come back when something big happens, taking this more gradual approach will serve nothing other than give the returning players a feeling of apb being still being half assed.

Hopefully i'm wrong, but i think this is a bad decision, apb is just way too old to be taken back, it's a 12 years old game by now, and it needs more than just maintenance, it needs a fresh modern start which is what the engine upgrade would allow.

^ perfectly said,

I'd rather see drastic balancing changes (and a working AC lmao) and new content while we wait for a game that doesn't run on kismet+scaleform and on UE2.5 (and that's unable to have more than 2 FC maps, 2 district maps and social running at the same time....)

But, they clearly aren't keen on giving us anything, they're just beating a dead horse now 🙂

• Like 1

On 1/29/2022 at 11:57 AM, FartyBumBumGuff said:

They probably meant no offence either

no i meant what i said to sound like how it came across.

On 1/29/2022 at 1:45 PM, Darkzero3802 said:

Shoulda kept up with the current engine and had just worked on APB 2 to start fresh.

would have been awesome but Matt sold APB's IP to some random Chinese company that has no information on them

LOL WHAT A BLUNDER

Edited by iRawwwN

Matt do you regret buying APB yet instead of just continuing on with disney/cartoon games? 

You can be honest. This is a safe space.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit
  • Like 4

Is this the thread to make friends on, its in the Social area but I see nothing sociable, just game related techno threads.

Ayali n Selia, what is the definition of Social

16 minutes ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

Is this the thread to make friends on, its in the Social area but I see nothing sociable, just game related techno threads.

Ayali n Selia, what is the definition of Social

general discussion