Jump to content
MattScott

4/29 Migration & Loss of data

Recommended Posts

Hello,

 

We confirm the game servers are back online and we are sorry again for this downtime. For all the reasons explicited by Matt above, we are working hard to make sure the game runs smoothly. We are still investigating the long delays while loading in character selection previously reported.

 

For players asking for the commander start date, while no date has been disclosed yet, it will be once the game runs smoothly so you can fully take advantage of the commander features with no time wasted due to any technical issue.

 

We will keep you informed as soon as we have more informations.

 

Thank you,

Rax

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Raxeus said:

For players asking for the commander start date, while no date has been disclosed yet, it will be once the game runs smoothly so you can fully take advantage of the commander features with no time wasted due to any technical issue.

me and my friends are waiting for the commander to recover our things, for now it is not worth playing because we are low level

thanks for the good work
 

Edited by tiago0182

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I double checked and there's still a character selection lag issue. A rather severe one. It wasn't so brutal the first few times I hopped toons but after a while they all just "disappeared"

 

dark_souls___gravelord_nito_by_zedotagge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Last night my ATV vanished while I was riding on it and I had to walk to the nearest Garage.  I had to tow it to the location. Gladly it was still there.

Earlier today, I was trying to use the Fast Travel and it wouldnt let me, then It wouldnt load my characters. A bit later I noticed my crafting window where it shows active or finished was empty.  After relogging, my crafting window was fixed.

 

I just got the fast travel error a minute ago and now it shows (Alec Masters Initializing) and I am unable to login the game.

 

I tried defragment and check the files, that didnt help.

 

 

 

Edit - Every once in a while when I hit the "Launch" button, I will get an "error initalizing engine"   V3D_init failed: No devices avaliable!

 I can force this to happen if I hit the "launch" button, then ctrl+alt+delete to open my taskmanager, just to add more information to this.

 

 

I am now back in the game approximately 12 minutes later

Edited by Grelko

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still waiting to see someone show up in character selection ......

😢

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

 

The team has organized how to make up for the lost progression, and we will be starting 2 weeks of Commander for all players on Friday 5/10.

I have edited the original post to reflect this.

 

Thanks,
Matt

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MattScott said:

The team has organized how to make up for the lost progression, and we will be starting 2 weeks of Commander for all players on Friday 5/10.

I really really dont want to be a party pooper...everyone had a fraught past week or so. but starting the free 2 weeks of free commanders on Friday might, sadly ..be a bit premature.

As the server still...and hasnt been since its move..been exactly stable. Still very sluggish on toon load..switching characters.. taking and removing from vaults..mail at times etc.

Now this latest freeze on load

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

 

The team has organized how to make up for the lost progression, and we will be starting 2 weeks of Commander for all players on Friday 5/10.

I have edited the original post to reflect this.

Thanks,
Matt

Thank you Matt, but what about the shop items that were lost. We were hoping for an escalation to occur on those support tickets?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any chance will the achievements we had come back?  8.5 years and I was still working on them.

Just wanted to make sure someone knew this was part of the loss.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Kaylee Fryes said:

Any chance will the achievements we had come back?  8.5 years and I was still working on them.

Just wanted to make sure someone knew this was part of the loss.  

Hmm. Did you lose all your achievements?

According to my understanding, we only lost about 2 weeks of progression.

So the large majority of your 8.5 year progress should be preserved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since the server update, i am no longer able to log through steam.

Still being stuck at splash screen telling me that i'm logged in and with entering my password i coud force a disconnect !

 

Tried it several times, with a forced disconnect and relogging with no succes at all !

 

 

Any help on this ?

 

Thx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, grayfox_18 said:

Since the server update, i am no longer able to log through steam.

Still being stuck at splash screen telling me that i'm logged in and with entering my password i coud force a disconnect !

 

Tried it several times, with a forced disconnect and relogging with no succes at all !

 

 

Any help on this ?

 

Thx

Out of curiosity, did you create your account in April?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

 

The team has organized how to make up for the lost progression, and we will be starting 2 weeks of Commander for all players on Friday 5/10.

I have edited the original post to reflect this.

 

Thanks,
Matt

So the ones who sub are just sol huh?

 

2 weeks I have 'tried' to come back and play this game, more than half of that has been on maintenance. At this point y'all are starting to irritate people, and by people I mean me.  Tickets sit in support for weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Boundsoul said:

So the ones who sub are just sol huh?

Not really SoL, they are giving all players 2 weeks sub including pre-existing members, as far as free players gaining 2 weeks but subbed members losing one week and gaining 2.....eh gotta cut slack somewhere.

 

I do have a question on specifics for pre existing sub accounts,

If I currenlty have 15 days of Commander Sub left on 5/10.

Will I now have 30 days of commander sub on 5/10 ???

 

If the answer is no,  then subbed accounts are getting the bone for the 15 day commander.

 

Additionally we were hoping for an escalation on the shop items lost from the roll back, I have asked around the community and was unable to find anyone that has received theirs, I asked this because a promise to escalate the support tickets was made, so do we have a date or something for those?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, ChrisKrypton said:

Not really SoL, they are giving all players 2 weeks sub including pre-existing members, as far as free players gaining 2 weeks but subbed members losing one week and gaining 2.....eh gotta cut slack somewhere.

 

I do have a question on specifics for pre existing sub accounts,

If I currenlty have 15 days of Commander Sub left on 5/10.

Will I now have 30 days of commander sub on 5/10 ???

 

If the answer is no,  then subbed accounts are getting the bone for the 15 day commander.

 

Additionally we were hoping for an escalation on the shop items lost from the roll back, I have asked around the community and was unable to find anyone that has received theirs, I asked this because a promise to escalate the support tickets was made, so do we have a date or something for those?

6

This is why I am irritated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hmm. Did you lose all your achievements?

According to my understanding, we only lost about 2 weeks of progression.

So the large majority of your 8.5 year progress should be preserved.

Lost many of mine too, assuming most old players did.

1 hour ago, ChrisKrypton said:

Not really SoL, they are giving all players 2 weeks sub including pre-existing members, as far as free players gaining 2 weeks but subbed members losing one week and gaining 2.....eh gotta cut slack somewhere.

 

I do have a question on specifics for pre existing sub accounts,

If I currenlty have 15 days of Commander Sub left on 5/10.

Will I now have 30 days of commander sub on 5/10 ???

 

If the answer is no,  then subbed accounts are getting the bone for the 15 day commander.

 

Additionally we were hoping for an escalation on the shop items lost from the roll back, I have asked around the community and was unable to find anyone that has received theirs, I asked this because a promise to escalate the support tickets was made, so do we have a date or something for those?

Anytime in the past when we had free commander for 10 days or a week or two it just added to the existing time so you will still gain an extra 2 weeks.

Edited by Eric Cloud

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still cannot Log into game. Just get the "Check your internet" message. Are we still under maintainance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Same here! C :

Edited by Skippicaa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Matt Scott has posted a more detailed thread about the current maintenance:

The current earliest ETA for players to be able to get back into the game is at 6 pm PT (about 3 hours from posting this message).

 

~@mayii

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those of us that subbed commander, does this mean we'll get double commander?

 

J/k.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...