Nejekur

Did they ever Nerf the NTEC?

I dont know ... Ntec was one of most used weapon since dunno game begining ? ... If they try to nerf it they would ruin everything. (Other weapon would be placed on top, and it would be same, as you think of ntec or even worst).

>Unless LO rebalance all weapons from scratch, tho i dunno if its good idea cuz LO messed up with shotguns in past. Just leave weapon balance till new engine and shitty server fix<

Pls give ntec more range. Also delete shotguns and rocket launchers. K thanks bye!

Sorry for being lazy, but did the jump-shooting on the ntec get nerfed?

Edited by owzzy

7 hours ago, SyllyBear said:

Any other just name one.

You realise that even if this is true (which it is not) the NTEC would still be the most played AR due to it being the only free and easily accessible AR besides the STAR.

8 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

You're right, stop using assault rifles and mid range weapons, go only cqc and snipers! But stay out of of the 10m-60m comfort zone! Only go 10-60m if you yourself have an ntec! Great idea!

The ntec is the most versatile AR in the game, and still continues to dominate midrange. It's in clear need of better balancing to allow a number of other AR's to rise. It's not impossible to beat, but lets be honest, if you aren't using an ntec, you're hurting yourself.

Other ARs? FAR Spearhead is better in full auto. But ppl stupidly tend to use the same mods on this weap as for ntec.

COBR-A? Most ppl dont even know to use it correctly and wonders why I use the mods that I use on this weapon.

STAR needs a little boom recovery buff. 

ATAC? Atac is still one of the best ARs.

I dunno about Ursus, I dont use it.

Frenzy kicks too much.

Condor is fukin beast!

Ntec is the most used cuz its f2p.

CQC weapons are better in close range. Long range weapons are better in longer ranges. What a surprise, lol. Mindblowing fact. How did u know?

I think u are full of sh!t m8, and u should stop being hysteric and stop pushing over edge. Ntec is absolutely fine, and u should l2p. Literally. This is not trolling or mocking. Literally just go and l2p.

Edited by AxeTurboAgresor

8 hours ago, SyllyBear said:

I didn't tell you to give me examples just name other assault rifle and i will tell you what it does better than ntec, since you seem to not know it.

Ok, issr-a, dont use the 4 stk, go ahead walk me through it. What pros does it have? 

Ttk0.88 sec, great one for an assault rifle. Ntec got 0.7 same as atac or far.

In 60m+ range : obeya cr762 got 0.84 sec.

Sure have fun killing ocas as if u have a chance.

Lets take @Kewlinfav gun the star lcr old glory. Sure it has a real good accuracy. But look at how it can only manage to kill ppl after 50m range. Good luck vs those ntec users with ir3/hb2 and mobility sling.

Lets take misery my frnd @MotokoHutt fav gun, ez to play huh? Less ttk doesnt mean tht u've got the edge. Remember the saying " along with great power comes great responsibility" You have to fire in bursts to not kill efficiently. Its like burst firing a ntec. You ppl jus tap fire it. Ttk of less than 0.97sec. Good luck owning players in cqc. Even obeya cr762 got less ttk

Now even if ure arguing hey all other assault rifles are fine, u've got some serious probs. Go to a fight club compare see, how many ntec users play and compare it with abovementioned guns. Or Go to a random person and ask hey whats the best assault rifle in the game, i bet @MattScott himself wouldnt say that issr-a is the best assault rifle in the game cuz it has 4stk

Edited by Defibrillator

5 minutes ago, Defibrillator said:

Blaming the gun when that is just Kewlin at fault. Lul.

5 minutes ago, Defibrillator said:

Good luck vs those ntec users with ir3/hb2 and mobility sling.

Literally what?

3 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Blaming the gun when that is just Kewlin at fault. Lul.

Wanted him to join here a guy comes and says hey all assault rifles are the same.

3 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Literally what?

Dont want that guy to come up with the excuse hey lcr is way far more accurate.

My take on the N-tec is to replace its stats with those of the Scoped N-tec. I've been using the Scoped N-tec PR2 for a while now and it's actually where the normal n-tec should be. It's a better killer at range but you can't full auto and jump around like an idiot because you will die. In my opinion, the problem with the N-tec isn't the TTK or the range, it's how you have almost no downside while achieving it. With the Scoped N-tec you are relatively immobile while firing, which makes it really difficult to just run out in the open and hunt people down.

- Jump accuracy

- Full auto accuracy

- Walk Speed Modifier in MM

- Accuracy in MM while strafing

- Hipfire accuracy

Those five are what I'd consider the problem with the N-tec. You can essentially play the N-tec like a budget ATAC in close range. Nerfing the TTK and/or range is the wrong approach, the problem is that the N-tec is too versatile, so why would you nerf the thing that it's supposed to be good at?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't see why you always believe the solution lies in balancing which consists of nerfs.

Why not touch range on oscar/carbine? it would most likely spice things up a bit.

They nerfed the improved rifling modification, so if it's in your N-Tec is therefor will shoot slower. The weapon itself hasn't been nerfed though.

2 minutes ago, FluttershyI said:

They nerfed the improved rifling modification, so if it's in your N-Tec is therefor will shoot slower. The weapon itself hasn't been nerfed though.

That change has been reverted, Improved Rifling is back to working the way it always has under G1/RP

it needs another nerf , but a very slight one imo, ntec is too good of an all rounder , i think i needs more maximum bloom so you can't just go full auto in CQC like you can now . but it will stay the same as it is for longer ranges.

Edited by Ketog
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Nejekur said:

Exactly what the title says. I stopped playing for awhile a few months after the original balance patch was announced and no ntec next; I checked back after I heard they were testing nerfs for it, and now I came back about a week ago and as far as I can tell nothing's changed about it. Am I right or just missing the changes?

I'd say N-tec is find as it is, some other weapons need a nerf, like RFP.
And some others need a buff. like the accuracy on some weapons.

n-tec is fun to play, more fun than many other guns

its also free to acquire (making it so common)

I don't think we should be making APB less fun.

I think the guns that aren't as fun to play should be made more fun.

But that's just me.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Ketog said:

it needs another nerf , but a very slight one imo, ntec is too good of an all rounder , i think i needs more maximum bloom so you can't just go full auto in CQC like you can now . but it will stay the same as it is for longer ranges.

To offer an opposite viewpoint - I think the NTEC's issue is that it is too good at range.
Nerfing accuracy is the most annoying thing you can come up with (since nobody really likes RNG), so I'd drop its range by 5m tops (so that CJ3, HB1 are still not as terribly affected when it comes to choices)

Edited by Nitronik

Why is this still a topic?

I think by now it's pretty clear that something needs to be done about it, even LO said that.

APB has such a huge variety of weapons, yet every mission is NTEC NTEC NTEC NTEC.

There's a reason for that.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GhosT said:

even LO said that.

What did they say?

2 minutes ago, GhosT said:

There's a reason for that.

Its fun to use and free?

9 minutes ago, GhosT said:

Why is this still a topic?

I think by now it's pretty clear

because obviously its not clear since people disagree

The ntec does need a nerf of some kind, but for now, it has to stay as is due to it being the only other "f2p" AR (there's the joker store but we don't talk about that here). If you nerf the ntec to the point that some armas ARs are performing better at range, you can imagine the outcry that would cause, and quite frankly, LO does not need more stup*d flak

Once there are more "f2p" ARs, LO can safely go about nerfing the ntec. Until then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just now, Weeb TheEpicGuyV2 said:

The ntec does need a nerf of some kind, but for now, it has to stay as is due to it being the only other "f2p" AR (there's the joker store but we don't talk about that here). If you nerf the ntec to the point that some armas ARs are performing better at range, you can imagine the outcry that would cause, and quite frankly, LO does not need more stup*d flak

Once there are more "f2p" ARs, LO can safely go about nerfing the ntec. Until then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Would be nice to get No / 1 slot ARMAS weapons as part of either role progression (but that's dangerous since most weapons share playstyle, despite having different purposes) or contact unlocks

Ntec is apb most sacred weapon. They tried to nerf it long time ago, people left. They tried to nerf it once again, people left.

You dont simply nerf ntec. Apb is ntec and ntec is apb.

3 hours ago, Weeb TheEpicGuyV2 said:

The ntec does need a nerf of some kind

Those words alone are enough to get you in a heap of trouble with alot of people.. 8872d58dc2.png