Julien

A way to balance Stun/Arrest (It is op, accept it)

Dealying your respawn... almost non-recoil stabba weapons with huge ranges... perc+pig..... 

Am not saying that Stunning/arresting should be removed, but criminals should be able to counter this mechanic (being able to help your arrested teammate it's just not enought, usually enforcers kill you while you are arrested if they note that another crim is coming) and may be a nice way to balance the situation is providing a similar mechanic to criminals. Criminals should be able to tie and gag enforcers like they are taking a hostage.

I got the idea because i have some friends who literally have left the game because of stunning, and i understand them, it's frustrating and annoying as hell. Yeah they could just go enforcers, but who am I to tell them what to do.

anyways, it is just an idea and since there are many post complaingin about stun/arrest I thought this might be usefull.... or not

Edited by Julien
  • Like 3

Please change the game just for me. Whatever my whim is atm. 

Thank You! 

1 minute later.... 

LO ain't doing anything at all man! 

Buff my ATAC and Ogre, and oerks already. 

Crims already have a way to counter LTL, it's called bullets.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

"Less than lethal is OP."

There goes any credibility your post would have otherwise had.

• Like 3

how exactly is it OP lol

LTL is already quite difficult to do effectively to begin with.

Edited by Sadira
  • Like 3

If you left the game because of stunning and not one of the other ten thousand reasons you're better off sticking to CoD or better yet going back to console gaming. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Signarly said:

If you left the game because of stunning and not one of the other ten thousand reasons you're better off sticking to CoD or better yet going back to console gaming. 

I mean, on top of the dead pop, the poor matchmaking, the shit netcode, and the overall just terrible experience... maybe this was just the last straw?

2 hours ago, Julien said:

Dealying your respawn... almost non-recoil stabba weapons with huge ranges... perc+pig..... 

Am not saying that Stunning/arresting should be removed, but criminals should be able to counter this mechanic (being able to help your arrested teammate it's just not enought, usually enforcers kill you while you are arrested if they note that another crim is coming) and may be a nice way to balance the situation is providing a similar mechanic to criminals. Criminals should be able to tie and gag enforcers like they are taking a hostage.

I got the idea because i have some friends who literally have left the game because of stunning, and i understand them, it's frustrating and annoying as hell. Yeah they could just go enforcers, but who am I to tell them what to do.

anyways, it is just an idea and since there are many post complaingin about stun/arrest I thought this might be usefull.... or not

you are forgetting a few important factors.

1. Enforcers are completely vulnerable while trying to arrest and as long as criminal team members are supporting properly that enforcer is as good as dead. Seriously it sucks.

2. No recoil does not mean the LTL will absolutely hit.

3. pig has 8 shots if i remember correctly..... that's it. Then what?

4. Actually arresting without other enforcers killing the arrest is hard as well to do. It's chaos out there.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Julien said:

IT IS OP, ACCEPT IT

lol nah

Do Enforcers have stun grenades as well? I know if one is trying to stun me they will lob a grenade over my way and any weak state I end up in then it's something like three or four shots from the stabba and that's it.

Alot of the success/failure of this issue comes down to experience on either side. I've seen some Enforcers that have alot of trouble at any range trying to stun someone while the more experienced ones can nail you midrange. I've tried several tactics to see what could work against getting stunned but again it comes down to who's doing the shooting.

To be honest though, I wouldn't mind having something like a stun device and hog-tie a few Enforcers! 🙂 but I dream....lol

10 minutes ago, Akahi said:

Do Enforcers have stun grenades as well?

yes theres a stun grenade and it works similarly to a concussion grenade, except it has the ability to one shot stun you if thrown correctly

however, all grenades to a certain amount of stamina damage, which is why percs are often used with ltl - its a fast easy way to start or end a fight by taking a chunk of the opponents stamina, theoretically putting you on the same level as lethal weapons

12 minutes ago, Akahi said:

I know if one is trying to stun me they will lob a grenade over my way and any weak state I end up in then it's something like three or four shots from the stabba and that's it.

in that same scenario a lethal weapon likely would have killed you in 1 or 2 shots, ltl is pretty underpowered even when used optimally

4 hours ago, Julien said:

Criminals should be able to tie and gag enforcers like they are taking a hostage.

You know, if you opened with ^^ this statement and phrased this as a suggestion post, it wouldn't have been that bad.

instead you had to lose about 20 chromosomes and make this absolutely disgusting ragepost. "IT'S OP ACCEPT IT" lol ok.

Stun Grenades and Percs need to be nerfed; other than that stuns are not op

• Like 1

LTL/arresting has always been a frustrating mechanic for both parties and right now LTL is quite weak compared to what it once was.

It's why G1 said they were going to "revamp the entire system", that was way back when people still thought G1 was actually going to do something with the game other than milk it though.

So you know, at least 6 or 7 years ago and it never actually happened.

I'll say this: the discussion has always been the same for as long as I can remember.

frustrated crim: LTL is op, prolonging respawn is OP, ltl is broken.

frustrated enforcer: LTL isn't op, have you tried using it? It's hard, you're vulnerable and your teammates constantly kill your targets.

Edited by killernerd

6 hours ago, Kiida said:

PIG isn't OP, percs are just broken.

pig 'n' perc is so 2014...

try N-ISSR-b 'n' pig 

Players who complain about stun weapons are usually those kind of people who never used them. I myself finished cop role 2x so i know how frustrating it can be. To the person who made this thread, please change from your criminal to your enforcer and play stabba weapons  for 1 whole day and you will see it's not as easy.

I am going to agree with one thing tho, pig could be changed a little bit

If you are losing to LTL you would be losing even harder to Lethal weps.

LTL is only semi-viable in full teams and even then it is pretty shit.

• Like 1