Ritual

New Clothing Content Survey

I want to suggest a change to an existing item, the default legging material it's pretty similar to the glossy version of it, I'd love to see the leggings with an actual matte material instead of glossy, mainly when u use darker colors u would see it reflecting on the light which I believe it shouldn't supposed to be like this

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, EmeL said:

I want to suggest a change to an existing item, the default legging material it's pretty similar to the glossy version of it, I'd love to see the leggings with an actual matte material instead of glossy, mainly when u use darker colors u would see it reflecting on the light which I believe it shouldn't supposed to be like this

I'd like a matte texture for everything at some point. The IO Growl has a matte option, why can't other vehicles and items have it too?

• Like 2

Hm. I would dig some futuristic armor like cops/military in science fiction movies based in future have.

Just please... not Stormtrooper armor...

• Like 2

Please don't make the new car an SUV please don't make the new car an SUV please don't make the new car an SUV...

As for clothing and character customization:

Tails

Hairstyles that aren't bald 1, 2 or 3, more hairstyles with bangs/fringe generally

Small lopsided hats
Oversized baggy t-shirt

For vehicles, I'd like to see more kits for lower-tier vehicles like the Calabria

On 7/12/2023 at 10:00 PM, mtz said:

To illustrate what I mean: if you were to create an outfit that looks like the plugsuit worn by D.va from Overwatch, you'd have to go with a long-sleeved shirt and leggings, but the latter will have that weird glossy look to them, making it obvious you're wearing two entirely different clothing items. The turtleneck has a similar issue, where it very obviously has this wooly texture to it. I think the jeans also have this problem.

A plug suit would be interesting

Edited by Haganu

On 7/14/2023 at 4:11 AM, Azukii said:

Hello, Even though it was mentioned multiple times by @Flight and @Ritual, I would like to remind everyone that the purpose of this topic is to collect players' suggestions about clothing and clothing accessories only. In an effort to keep this thread as readable as possible for our team, any post or suggestion unrelated to this topic will be removed.

Thank you for your understanding. - Azukii

Maybe update the thread title? It's a well known thing that 99% of people just read titles of things.

• Like 1

I would come back to play if you add back a way to obtain the long galla-style formal jacket that was an exclusive 4th of July item years ago.

There are great army clothing suggestion so something that, also long mafia like coats and some 80-90 pimp furry coats and hats would be great and funny for outfits, 
c8f1c92cc98adfb090b903ba845b4f88.jpg70-00832-pimp-kostuem-schwarz-leopard.jp

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

My (very) short zipper crop top. :;3 Because getting that tattoo'd on is helluva pain.

INF6xGY.jpg

• Like 3

Riot Helmets / Half Face that can be painted on

Long Dreadlocks / more longer hair Hair

Kimono

Polotop for men that can be worn with a suit.

New nicer looking suits

Waste coat

Dickybow

Biker Cut.

Cat suit

More Glasses options / shape and size

One simple change would be to loosen up the restrictions a bit so that more stuff can be layered, even if it doesn't work perfectly.  Even still, there's a lot that is needlessly restricted like wearing a midriff web holster and shoulder knife harness together (you can't) even although there's no clash.

Another (maybe less simple?) change would be to make hairstyles linked to outfits.  Some outfits you want to wear with a particular hair style (especially for hats and so on) but you can't do that just now without it affecting everything.

Please look at this post too https://forums.gamersfirst.com/topic/21521-new-clothing-content-survey/?do=findComment&comment=234226

A lot of these items already exist in the game and could probably be added without too much hassle.

These changes could help quite a bit without requiring anything new to be made.

Edited by doorkicker

On 7/12/2023 at 2:54 PM, Ritual said:

Hello everyone,

As you know, we've taken up a lot of tasks to improve APB this year, and some of them also involve bringing in some fresh content. While some things are already being worked on, we also thought it would be a good idea to give the APB Community a chance to put their ideas out there for consideration.

If you have any suggestions or ideas about what particular clothing/accessory item or an item theme you would like to see implemented, feel free to leave them here.

We will go through your suggestions, assess them, and who knows? Maybe that item/theme you've suggested will find its way into the game!

Kind regards,

Ritual

NOTE: Feel free to leave a reaction to other users' suggestions if you agree with them and would like to second the idea.

Edit from Flight: Keep your ideas related to clothes and clothes accessories for this thread 🙂

New types of long hair for male characters. A lot of people like heavy metal and predominantly heavy metal artists have long hair. If I'm not mistaken, there's only one long hair option for male characters in the apb, but it's still very short.

Hair to be inspired by modeling: 

- Dave Mustaine 1991: wavy hair and little redhead;

- James Hetfield 1989: wavy hair, almost straight and blond hair;

- Dirk Verbeuren currently: long hair but not that much, and straight hair;

- Chuck Schuldiner 1998: brown hair, with a little baldness in the front;

- Tom Araya: very long hair;

- Kirk Hammet 1992: curly hair.

Come on metalheads!

Edited by MrLek

On 7/13/2023 at 5:44 AM, Flaws said:

If I'm not wrong they're specifically only asking about new clothing items in this thread, not other types of features or content so I'll stick to clothing talk here.

You should first focus on allowing items to be worn alongside others where there is little to no real conflict such as some shirts with hoodies, some masks and many others. Some players managed to mod the game to allow for that before it got patched and tons and tons of amazing item combinations were revealed to be possible with 0 clipping but were just simply disallowed from being worn together for no apparent reason. Definitely start with that first, it will already broaden design potential a lot.

In terms of new items, there is a forum thread from 2018 which contains an extensive list of clothing items the community wants. APB is an old game from a different era and as such most of the clothing pieces in it are rather outdated in relation to current fashion trends. The items and themes we would want to see in APB in the long term are far too many to simply list in a single post but I'll start with a theme I've wanted to see in APB for many years and that's Techwear clothing with more visible belts and straps. Some quick examples [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6]. This is one of the many fashion trends that would actually fit perfectly with APB's urban cops vs robbers aesthetic if the game would release today instead of back when it did.

In terms of singular items some I can think at the top of my head are a mouth mask (similar to the surgical masks we wore during COVID) and a neck gaiter. Difference to the desert scarf and ski mask is that this type is tight around the face so it can be worn under hoods and any other clothing item but also covers the entirety of the neck without covering the forehead and hiding hair. Perhaps have two versions of it, one covering only the neck and one covering the neck + lower part of the face + nose like in the image.

Yesss please look at the thread, so many good ideas there from long forgotten players (although I see the ideas repeated here too).

So my vote is to look at the thread, if not add more votes for Riot Helmet and Tails. 😛

If those don't count, then please just release the gender-specific clothing to both genders, I want men in Turtleneck dresses and ladies in baggy shorts. ❤️

Surgical masks, pesticide/painting masks would be awesome. Suprising that these are not already in the game.61hApWyohdS._AC_UY1100_.jpg
En143-Reusable-Breath-Spray-Welding-Resp

• Like 2

On 7/19/2023 at 6:37 AM, Todesklinge said:

More skimpy Thongs and Bikinis!

Also more nudity content!

while we are add lets add pubic hair for females and males.

I only ask that Little Orbit (who has added very very little content what so ever anyways) never ever release skinned clothing that already exists again like that "Skyline bundle" or "Yakuza Oni" bundle...  Those things are so insanely tacky and lazy looking. 
Go get some ideas from Bethesda's microtransactions of Fallout 76, at least they are introducing new 3D models for clothing and accessories to that game, at all, I haven't seen that happen to APB since Little Orbit acquired the I.P.

• Like 1

Add some cloth simulation first before even thinking about adding new clothes

I think I would actually go feral if a jacket tied around the waist styled option was added. I added one to a model I ripped yeeeaaars ago and despite the art style difference, I thought it fit pretty decently! Keep it short enough and the lack of physics wouldn't be much of a problem.  Can't think of much else I'd want aside from this, except a version of the male hoodie with the hood down that isn't the ARMAS one in an entirely different style.
5495ebe7ef56b0a32e420c535ae15c68.png94af34b334dbe6e5ca7c7c4845b94b84.png

• Like 5