Sign in to follow this  
proxie

Do you have confidence that APB is being properly managed?

Do you have confidence that APB is being properly managed?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have confidence that APB is being properly managed?

• Yes, I believe LO knows whats good for the game and do their best to improve it.
    • No, I believe LO are insincere/incompetent about the future of the game.
    • I know too little to have an opinion.

Just curious about the views from the community on how APB is being managed.

Note that these are just down to your personal views as we have no insight of how much effort/money is being used to APB compared to other projects.

This includes everything, but not limited to; 
Do you believe the producer of the game has a good/healthy vision for the future of the game?

Do you believe the efforts/dev time is appropriate in comparison to other projects?

Do you believe there is a sincere effort from LO to maintain a healthy playerbase?

etc, just examples to get your noggin' joggin'.

shout out liquid richard

• Like 2

i believe orbit has always been, and still is, sincere about improving apb, even if only because they are a company and companies want to make money

perhaps ironically, orbit fell into the same pattern rtw did - they came in with a lot of money and a lot of ideas for where they wanted to take the game, and by the time they started to figure things out and get organized it was too late

i think apb will stick around for a while yet, judging from fallen earth the minimal cost of servers appears to be a loss orbit deems acceptable, and depending on the terms of the license agreement with unit game if apb shuts down they may lose the rights to develop it, but i don’t have much hope for apb ever getting healthy population again

No future.
No management.

No hope.

If you search for hope, go to the church! 😉

Edited by Heal
Spelled if wrong.

L.O. doesn't allow Non-Golds to use or post in forum, in-game chat

New Moderator Zombie doesn't like that, so I was forced to vote "Too Stupid To Vote"

However if I wasn't this Stupid n could vote, I would vote NO.

Lets remember kids with age comes wisdom.

I haven't seen a worse ran rail-road since they started making rails.

Biggest thing I see, is ya got one Train (LO Staff)

Ya got 3 or more Rail Lines n the same staff, We're just a whistle stop.

I'm not tryin to bash em, they are overworked and underpaid and like us,

lacking motivation.

right now is better than closed game..ez

Edited by AlienTM

I vote all of the above. LO are doing their best but they are incompetent so things never go as planned. I also have too little knowledge of the inner workings of the company to suggest improvements.

It looks like most of the Votes are in ...   haha

Not a huge margin.

Oh well..

😛

Its been what 4 years since LO took over? We don't even have a release date for whatever they are working on.

The progres speaks for itself.

Also i can foresee GTA 6 release supposedly 2025 before APB getting an update. 

I feel like I understand the struggle of, trying to untangle an Alien's hairdo without making it mad

On paper it sounds easy. Upgrade APB to a new engine
But clearly was much harder than original thought. I wouldn't be surprised if LO was deceived into thinking the engine upgrade was almost done when buying GamersFirst

Yea it took them four years to realize that the Engine upgrade was a bust. But then learned the kind of game APB is on the inside and actually are managing to clean up code (I hope) I been optimistic that they can upgrade something with this game. The store changes alone were amazing as G1 was way overpricing everything. I truly believe that once the foundation is set LO can push out meaningful updates.

I believe that LO had very good intentions, but as a company and CEO with experience in a different area of game production (their prior licensed adventure style games) they are not able to work with what is a pile of decade old spaghettis online game nor have the knowledge in such genre of game.

Or maybe I still stand by Matt Scott's midlife crisis theory.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit
  • Like 1

I do not believe anyone can properly manage APB. It is a PvP game with a tiny population and old messed up code no one root through.

39 minutes ago, illgot said:

I do not believe anyone can properly manage APB. It is a PvP game with a tiny population and old messed up code no one root through.

apb has never been properly managed even when rtw had it 

• Like 1

LO listened, to the wrong people.

Stop crying please.

• Like 1

The answer is obviously no because it is nearly 2023 and the Colby NA-West subforum is still nowhere to be found. 

I don't know exactly what is going on with LO other then they keep their playerbase in the dark, this is their biggest issue.  I certain they are doing their damndest to fix and get stuff done...but I also think that maybe their heart isn't in it anymore.  If they would keep us up to date?  I'd happily change my viewpoint and opinions.

I genuinely feel bad for everyone in this forum who go to play and are greeted with more so a dead game.  Least my servers are dead.  Unsure what its like over the pond.

Edited by EerieEric

no matt sold ip to some HK company he doesnt care

10 hours ago, iRawwwN said:

no matt sold ip to some HK company he doesnt care

They sold APB long time ago before Matt had a Chance, they only bought APB:Reloaded, FallenEarth and UnsungStory with the proper rights, IP and so forth.

The rightful owner of APB is a Chinese Multimillion Dollar Company.
APB and APB:Reloaded are 2 seperate Games.

Thank you
Overload

i voted for this "No, I believe LO are insincere/incompetent about the future of the game."

reason ... becous i don't think that yes is doing a favor on this and from this NO answer. they stil have the right attitude but they don't have the competent things right now.

On 10/12/2022 at 5:36 AM, TzickyT said:

they stil have the right attitude but they don't have the competent things right now.

Good intentions. Poor implementation of 'em.

I don't think they are bad people by any stretch. Just got in over their heads with APB:Reloaded.

• Like 1

Every time I talk to old friends and ask if they still play, they always say it's worse of a headache than when I liast asked. And it's been about 8 years since I've played

On 10/2/2022 at 12:33 PM, MACKxBOLAN said:

L.O. doesn't allow Non-Golds to use or post in forum, in-game chat

New Moderator Zombie doesn't like that, so I was forced to vote "Too Stupid To Vote"

However if I wasn't this Stupid n could vote, I would vote NO.

Lets remember kids with age comes wisdom.

I haven't seen a worse ran rail-road since they started making rails.

Biggest thing I see, is ya got one Train (LO Staff)

Ya got 3 or more Rail Lines n the same staff, We're just a whistle stop.

I'm not tryin to bash em, they are overworked and underpaid and like us,

lacking motivation.

but i can use the forums

22 hours ago, mcaso123 said:

Every time I talk to old friends and ask if they still play, they always say it's worse of a headache than when I liast asked. And it's been about 8 years since I've played

It's roughly the same. Some bugs were created while others were fixed. Weapon balance is still not right but not that bad either. If you have most of the customization unlocked it's relaxing to just join social and mess with your character.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this