Uhtdred

come on LO

I need to restart apb every 15 minutes because i don't see teammates and tasks.

Sometimes i don't even see enemies on a KILL MISSION final stage.

it's been more than 1 year already.. this cannot be fixed or what?

30 minutes ago, Ai-Zhú said:

Might be a hardware issue on your part.

I have 2 PCs, one really old (2011 hardware) and another one with 2018 hardware, both happening the same..

could be advanced launcher tho?

12 minutes ago, TheJellyGoo said:

stop pressing the hide UI key?

why would i hide UI??

Edited by Uhtdred

tbh i’ve yet to experience this bug but i’ve been told turning off all hud icons (contacts, mailboxes, money laundry, etc) can help sometimes, as this seems to be an issue where the game suddenly decreases the max display limit 

27 minutes ago, Solamente said:

tbh i’ve yet to experience this bug but i’ve been told turning off all hud icons (contacts, mailboxes, money laundry, etc) can help sometimes, as this seems to be an issue where the game suddenly decreases the max display limit 

i'll try it..

I've only ever had this bug triggered from switching characters. do you do that alot?

1 hour ago, Acornie said:

I've only ever had this bug triggered from switching characters. do you do that alot?

no.. but I do alt tab a lot..

idk

3 hours ago, Solamente said:

That seems like a fair point as I also play with a lot of hud elements disabled. I never experienced this bug either, even swapping 2-3 characters.

it happens when you tab in/out often.

actually, the game frequently breaks if you tab in/out of it. Framerates decrease by around 30%, markers only show on maps, it screws you over for DM stages.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Uhtdred said:

I need to restart apb every 15 minutes because i don't see teammates and tasks.

Sometimes i don't even see enemies on a KILL MISSION final stage.

it's been more than 1 year already.. this cannot be fixed or what?

I have not had that happen to me.....

I get the same bug, happens when I character swap or tab out to my second monitor. Happens a lot. Lot lot lot.

Turned off contact markers and other stuff.

Almost never get this bug.

?????

This error has appeared a long time ago. If you use ALT-TAB a lot or change characters

I've never had this happen to me unless I deliberately forced it to do so by switching characters over and over until the bug appeared, so maybe try to avoid switching characters and see if that fixes it for you.

I get this bug all the time.  I do Alt+Tab quite a bit because of messages in TeamSpeak and stuff since my friends like to send a lot of links.  It would be nice if it were fixed, but I understand if there's more important stuff to do.  Restarting the game fixes it, but that takes a while, even with it installed on an SSD (Old main menu when?)

• Thanks 1

You could also try running the game borderless windowed.

I do this and have only had the HUD go when switching characters.

When running like this you only have to hit escape (or anything that gives you a mouse cursor back) and then you should be able to access the taskbar. I know it is a pain to keep using the mouse when a simple keyboard shortcut is much quicker, but with the way APB is right now it saves a lot of frustration.

I'm not making excuses for LO - it needs fixing - but removing a frustration can only help while we wait.

• Like 1