Extended Server Maintenance

2 hours ago, AlishaAzure said:

Cosmetic junk? then why you buy them x)

2 hours ago, Blazenrazors said:

because FASHION

you-cant-fight-crime-f-you-aint-cute-353

44 minutes ago, AzeliaBLankz said:

Hi,

The transmission of these servers sounds like a scenario to me.

No company attempts to change servers without any preparation.

If something is already prepared 3-4-5 days why the servers remain closed.

I worked for 3.5 years as a programmer at a game company I didn't want to name.

I'm a man who knows more or less about these things.

I think there are other reasons behind this.  

There will be those who disagree with me, of course, but as I said, no online gaming company shuts down the servers for that long.

AzeliaBLankz

See you..

it was already announced there was a time limit to move quickly

i do not remember the exact words what was said but we were warned in advance it may be troublesome.

28 minutes ago, warau said:

The edgy people who are more addicted to APB than I at the moment are going crazy.

You can do it Matt Scott and team!

Thank you for continuing to put time and effort into APB my dude!!

only the closets who down voted you to hate APB , even though they're waiting because they do love APB , would actually be here to down vote to begin with

they're waiting too or they wouldn't even be here lol

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, nacitar said:

This downtime is far in excess of anything a professional company would accept.  My workplace, for example, has contractual agreements with respect to uptime that if violated would cause significant issues.  This is why you choose people that are competent and know when to be careful and just how thoroughly to test things before they hit production.  This was a "hey guys, I think this is ready *crosses fingers* oh no... it's bad, how did I miss this? ahhh what now!" situation.  You shouldn't have a positive take on this.

You shouldn't tell me how to think, but Matt doesn't have as much experience as big game companies. We're not supporting Blizzard here.

People make mistakes, maybe Matt made one I can't speak for him. But if he did hopefully he can learn from it and help Little Orbit grow as a company.

2 minutes ago, warau said:

You shouldn't tell me how to think, but Matt doesn't have as much experience as big game companies. We're not supporting Blizzard here.

People make mistakes, maybe Matt made one I can't speak for him. But if he did hopefully he can learn from it and help Little Orbit grow as a company.

The fact that you think that Matt, the CEO made this mistake tells me how little you understand about companies.

Edited by nacitar
  • Like 1

Just now, nacitar said:

The fact that you think that the Matt, the CEO made this mistake tells me how little you understand about companies.

the boss is THE BOSS

he let us know in advance how the time restraint could be problematic.

its no secret APB is known for causing unforeseen problems.

not everything yellow is pee this time its beer because we are chilling so stop ruining the buzz lol 😜

1 minute ago, nacitar said:

The fact that you think that Matt, the CEO made this mistake tells me how little you understand about companies.

Sure, I don't understand a lot about companies, but he IS the freaking CEO my dude. He has a pretty big influence. My point is that this long of a downtime was a mistake, so hopefully Little Orbit can take something good from it.

2 hours ago, AlishaAzure said:

Both ps4 and xbox seems down

1 hour ago, Juulz said:

Now the Xbox servers are messed up again and it’s very slow logging in

Are you still experiencing those issues at the moment?

~@mayii

10 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

hızlı hareket etmek için bir zaman sınırı olduğu çoktan duyuruldu.

ne söylendiğini tam olarak hatırlamıyorum ama önceden uyarıldığımızda sorun olabilir.

Well, these were among those announcements. What was the result ?

Matt

I hate to throw out dates, but I feel like you have all been in limbo too long, so if I had to start making some guesses, here is how I think the various platforms will come online:

PS4 and PC NA  = midnight tonight Pacific time

XB1, PS4, and PC EU = early morning (7am-ish) tomorrow Pacific time

-----------------------------------------------------
A couple caveats:

We are missing some network equipment and a bunch of district boxes that got stuck in customs for the new EU datacenter. This means all of EU will be temporarily running on districts in New York for a couple days till we get the new EU location online properly. And all platforms will be running Financial and Waterfront with no threat segregation for a couple days.

I don't know if you realize it's been 3 days since these announcements.

And still the game is off. No gaming company stays closed for days.

Why don't you want to understand that ? If they can't solve the problems in the game, they should hand it over to another game company.

See you..

• Like 2

It's incredibly easy to judge what you see as someone else's mistakes, when you're not in any position to understand their side. All we have are assumptions about what is going on, or what went wrong.

Sure, for a game to be down this long, it doesn't look good. But it's APB. C'mon.

Little Orbit purchased a haunted house built on a radioactive disposal site, above a Native American burial mound. There might be issues popping up.
You've spent money, I've spent money. But until I've spent what LO has, I'm not going to get too upset with or at them.
How do you think they feel?

Way too many Karens in this thread. First of all none of us would be playing this game at all if it weren't for LO. Secondly, no one hacks. Look at VODs from even decent players like bnat and motorola. Ya'll dont realize how fast you can get dropped even if they miss half their shots.

Also don't give out more than 3 days of premium please. You don't owe them anything.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AzeliaBLankz said:

3 days

1  hasn't it been 2 days? its Wednesday. that was Monday.

2 they are the other company. name just one other company that is actually willing to work on APB and keep it going? I'll wait.

3 they told us in advance about time restraints and what would and could happen.

4 customs blocking parts and  shipping not notifying Little Orbit is not Little Orbit's fault.

5 MattScott voiced his concerns and many of the community said screw it go ahead and go for it , so they did.

6 you make the booze taste bad shoo shoo go mope away from me 😛

Alright.... Let's just hope that this delay is because they were getting rid of granade launcher and RPGs. So everybody will be happy no matter how much time it takes... 😜 

• Like 1

@JWar LO is a company, you are just a player like all of us. That means that you aint gonna spend the same amount of money like a company but i can understand that your investments arent that great, mistakes were made.
About what LO did, they already knew the situation that the game was before they purchased it but they give it a shot, im ok with that cause the game will stay up for a short time but as you can see it takes time to replace the current servers with new servers-data bases, basically more than it should be and thats what Alesia blankz is trying to say.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, eelaaa said:

thats what Alesia blankz is trying to say.

14 minutes ago, AzeliaBLankz said:

Why don't you want to understand that ? If they can't solve the problems in the game, they should hand it over to another game company.

i dont think that is what he is saying at all

from what you write here participants of the forum will not change anything . give them time . you HAVE no other CHOICE .

Edited by yood

5 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

i dont think that is what he is saying at all

I don't know much English, so I couldn't explain myself.

@eelaaa  agree with what you said.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Gateron said:

I don't have that turned on. Turned it off rather keep the advertised speed i was promised :).

I assume joke as I don't think any of them can be turned off. Most you can do is prevent the updates from existing on your machine in the first place.

5 hours ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

Fkn Mole I Tell Ya

At this point your RP interjections in this thread are one of the main reasons I'm still going through it.

At minimum I smile from me so feel free to throw more of the 'story' in to break up the argumentative crap. 🙂

14 minutes ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

{Shoves Mattress Pad Under Cell Bars and Lights It On Fire} 🤬

U Gimme My Fkn Truck n Make The gAme Work

(Throws food tray at guard window)

Honestly caused me to chuckle!

Now, the content. The BB code on this site is so limited/broken...

Let the bashing commence...

Well...this is just a game after all but anyway is insane..taking too long and we are not getting even enough info ...they really dont have any idea about when we can be back online...

1 hour ago, JWar said:

It's incredibly easy to judge what you see as someone else's mistakes, when you're not in any position to understand their side. All we have are assumptions about what is going on, or what went wrong.

Sure, for a game to be down this long, it doesn't look good. But it's APB. C'mon.

Little Orbit purchased a haunted house built on a radioactive disposal site, above a Native American burial mound. There might be issues popping up.
You've spent money, I've spent money. But until I've spent what LO has, I'm not going to get too upset with or at them.
How do you think they feel?

I'm not judging from an "incredibly easy" position.  I'm a software developer with ~15 years of experience post-college.  I'm judging from the position of someone who actively works in devops and is responsible for builds/deployments to production servers.  This is pitiful, and if anyone working with me acted in a way that led to this there would be serious discussions about their qualifications.

How they feel doesn't really matter... just like when I tell a company we contracted with that "well, the server was down for three days, but I feel really bad about it!" they should rightly act like I'm insane.

Again, this is about being professional.  I'm simply saying that this scenario is anything but... and I kinda feel like you essentially agree with me about it.  You just seem more complacent about it ("But it's APB. C'mon.").

I'm completely fine with it being down, I have other things I can do, but I can still call it out.

Edited by nacitar

turn on logic . the company breaks the deadline from the moment of purchase of the game . they are learning . give them time .

I am VERY AFRAID that the support is not far away from the technical Department in professionalism .

panic fear of losing your account due to personal hostility

Edited by yood

good morning, how about the morning, all good for apb servers, esque it is a huge task and I do not understand, but I understand that there are hundreds of information terabites, good patience that neither roma nor apb was done in a single day or in 3 either, patience criminal players and police in a short time you will be giving pleasure in the streets of San paro76561198039583446.png

1 minute ago, nacitar said:

How they feel doesn't really matter... just like when I tell a company we contracted with that "well, the server was down for three days, but I feel really bad about it!" they should rightly act like I'm insane.

The major difference in this area is that you're talking about people you work with and companies you contract with.

The closest we are to LO is customer receiving a free product.

If you feel like you want to complain as a customer then go right ahead, but drawing comparisons to your employment (while it seems generally accurate to you) isn't the same at all. As has been stated; the community was warned that there was likely to be a tough situation to get through but the members of the community that were paying attention were, on the whole, urging LO to go forward.

It seems like you are part of the player base that doesn't check forums unless there is an issue and then gets upset that decisions were made without you.

That's similar to not voting and then getting angry that the people who end up in power don't do the things you want.

Its understandable why you are upset, but it doesn't make it acceptable or correct.

5 minutes ago, nacitar said:

I'm not judging from an "incredibly easy" position.  I'm a software developer with ~15 years of experience post-college.  I'm judging from the position of someone who actively works in devops and is responsible for builds/deployments to production servers.  This is pitiful, and if anyone working with me acted in a way that led to this there would be serious discussions about their qualifications.

Again, this is about being professional.  I'm simply saying that this scenario is anything but... and I kinda feel like you essentially agree with me about it.  You just seem more complacent about it ("But it's APB. C'mon.").

I'm completely fine with it being down, I have other things I can do, but I can still call it out.

All I meant was, for me and for the rest of us, sure it would be nice if APB was up but for LO, they need it to be up. So when it comes down to our fun as opposed to their livelihood, I find it difficult to bust their chops about the game being down.
You don't think the whole situation is professional? Okay, so don't work with them. 
Ridiculing them for mistakes they might've (probably) made, seems unnecessary.
But, I like turtles. :^)

Front these days go to work hit the main engine to look APB all was also thinking in the service because got off work this has fixed!!!
As soon as but after the result gets off work every day goes home sees also in the service ......My day-by-day anticipation is obliterated gradually….
Day on APB both hands have not had like the ant to gnaw nip sad….

In addition…I not too can speak English…Regret

Breaking news

APB Reloaded has been stolen.

Officials said that while the game servers were moved, the criminals stole the servers.