Jump to content
I-Reaper-I

I see low-level players being harassed by skilled players

Recommended Posts

On 6/12/2019 at 10:05 AM, Kanashimi said:

There needs to be a new threat rank, diamond.

No

On 6/12/2019 at 10:05 AM, Kanashimi said:

This rank would be for those godly players that rarely, lose a game, and have a killer k/d. 

That's not how threat system works. Noticed we get points for a while? They count the most in whatever you are gold or bronze. Pretty known fact for all dethreaters out there. Threat system needs rework and adding additional "colors" further problems left by old G1.

On 6/12/2019 at 10:05 AM, Kanashimi said:

Silvers and lower tier golds, really do not have a chance against these players, with their 4 man premades of skilled higher tiered gold teammates.

They had chance back in few years. What changed? I leave it to imagination but I always pointed this problems out... 😂 cheaters, furthering gap between F2P and paying players, try-hard population + toxic, dethreaters. Oh also. If gold premades really want, they can mess up with silver and "lower tier golds" anyway by just dethreating... Bah if they really want they can even mess with greens and still be on "even terms". What's stopping them?

On 6/12/2019 at 10:05 AM, Kanashimi said:

These players shouldn't be given easy op, they need to fight and claw, earning victories against similar players with their equal skill sets.

Oh great. So reward for being in diamond is... punishment! That won't push dethreating problem further, isn't it?

On 6/12/2019 at 10:43 AM, Kanashimi said:

It has not been resolved. When you're watching on twitch, a player who plays with a 4 man/2 man premade all day and wins 95% of their matches, where is the fairness, when they're facing teams of pugs whom are silvers?

Let's not talk about trash streamers because honestly. My blood boils since many of them clearly dethreats before hand, gets back into gold and then streams with their friends. I mean no other way to have that many silvers in one matches if you aren't in bronze server.

  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mitne said:

Noticed we get points for a while? They count the most in whatever you are gold or bronze. Pretty known fact for all dethreaters out there

 

5 hours ago, Mitne said:

That's not how threat system works

 

  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

every single shooting game that has PVP, regardless of first or third person, has a toxic community. Making people compete vs each other brings out the saltiness in people. Ya know the type of people who throw their controllers when they die in 1 player games? Those guys lol

 

It is what it is, and it's never gonna change so pull up a chair and get cozy

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/9/2019 at 9:45 PM, DeadPixels said:

It really seems they don't care about new players. On one hand they want more population but they don't do anything about it. New players struggle and have a hard time + get harassed in their everyday routine. 

 

As far as i can see the big problem is a lot of new players get silver level since it's so easy to get. They don't know silvers play in bronze and gold play on silver districts and also don't know how to change districts manually so they just press on the district they want to go to and the game spawns them where there's room. They get a mission against good players who have played the game for a really long time and of course die die and again die. On top of that their teammates start talking bad things to them since they get irritated, harassing or team killing them is a common thing.

 

We also have to mention tutorial was never good in this game and matchmaking is a joke!

There are enough threads mentioning population is low and that new players are needed.

upgrading a game with no players without balancing new content can not help APB.

Also blaming Little Orbit for how the game was designed by RTW  and G1 really is not fair.

On 6/10/2019 at 1:17 AM, DeadPixels said:

 

It's not enough to acknowledge the problem and write about it, they have to fix it! In 4 months it will be a year since that was posted and nothing was done so far. This should have a high priority and not some new mode. I understand they want to bring more players to the game, but how many will stay when they will see in how bad shape the game really is!?

It was said countless times that after the engine upgrade , Little Orbit is going to focus on matchmaking , threat , and phasing.

People kept harassing wanting new content so Little Orbit gave new content.

They listened to the community and now the community is making excuses to blame Little Orbit for what the community chose.

On 6/12/2019 at 1:05 AM, Kanashimi said:

There needs to be a new threat rank, diamond. This rank would be for those godly players that rarely, lose a game, and have a killer k/d.  Silvers and lower tier golds, really do not have a chance against these players, with their 4 man premades of skilled higher tiered gold teammates. These players shouldn't be given easy op, they need to fight and claw, earning victories against similar players with their equal skill sets.

A new color would do nothing to help APB and instead would only mess up matchmaking even further.

people quit enough over seeing the color gold as if gold = a god player who can not be defeated.

How much more would another color intimidate and get people to quit matches and APB entirely then.

 

Also how would you work the current matchmaking for how many people to bring in as ops?

You can not just jam 3 people per color or it will not be balanced. while two bronze vs one silver is usually balanced enough , two silver vs a gold is usually unbalanced towards the gold.

And then since it is a new color you want you would need 3 people instead. well 3 vs one is highly unfair so then wouldn't they have the right to call backup?

Oh wait that means whomever is available would join so look here comes some golds to that diamond while the other team has silvers.

 

Just imagine how fast people would quit APB over that?

It would play head games and anyone new would absolutely quit from it.

Many threads on matchmaking and threat talk about this all in detail.

And they were right.

 

The best course of action would be Little Orbit working on matchmaking , threat , and phasing and not instead taking their time trying to make the current matchmaking

and threat work which clearly doesn't or we wouldn't have dethreating problems.

 

Theres a thread by MattScott going into detail on this.

Edited by Fortune Runner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you all talk too much . there are four levels of threat , there are four arenas . rules are broken . there are no restrictions and controls .  Hello chaos .

 

 

Edited by Yood
  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Yood said:

there are four levels of threat

there are 40 levels of threat

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

Also blaming Little Orbit for how the game was designed by RTW  and G1 really is not fair.

I am not blaming LO for how things are, but i am disappointed that in all this time they did nothing to fix this situation

 

11 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

It was said countless times that after the engine upgrade , Little Orbit is going to focus on matchmaking , threat , and phasing.

Yes it was said after engine upgrade they going to start to fix things. But when will that be? There are no news or updates about it so i guess it can take years since we get it. In all this time players are going to leave and the population will decrease

 

11 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

People kept harassing wanting new content so Little Orbit gave new content.

They listened to the community and now the community is making excuses to blame Little Orbit for what the community chose.

Of course players want new continent, i am sure the majority who still play APB are veterans. The really question here is who wanted RIOT?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, DeadPixels said:

 

 

Of course players want new continent

Gib Atlantis plx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, DeadPixels said:

I am not blaming LO for how things are, but i am disappointed that in all this time they did nothing to fix this situation

Yes you did blame them. The two posts of yours is clearly saying its their fault.

 

On 6/9/2019 at 9:45 PM, DeadPixels said:

It really seems they don't care about new players. On one hand they want more population but they don't do anything about it. New players struggle and have a hard time + get harassed in their everyday routine. 

 

As far as i can see the big problem is a lot of new players get silver level since it's so easy to get. They don't know silvers play in bronze and gold play on silver districts and also don't know how to change districts manually so they just press on the district they want to go to and the game spawns them where there's room. They get a mission against good players who have played the game for a really long time and of course die die and again die. On top of that their teammates start talking bad things to them since they get irritated, harassing or team killing them is a common thing.

 

We also have to mention tutorial was never good in this game and matchmaking is a joke!

 

On 6/10/2019 at 1:17 AM, DeadPixels said:

 

It's not enough to acknowledge the problem and write about it, they have to fix it! In 4 months it will be a year since that was posted and nothing was done so far. This should have a high priority and not some new mode. I understand they want to bring more players to the game, but how many will stay when they will see in how bad shape the game really is!?

 

13 hours ago, DeadPixels said:

Yes it was said after engine upgrade they going to start to fix things. But when will that be? There are no news or updates about it so i guess it can take years since we get it. In all this time players are going to leave and the population will decrease

 

Do you expect everything from the past 10 years to magically be fixed in no time at all?

And there are updates on what is going on every first of the month.

Sometimes more than that.

Plenty of lists were made over what work they have done for APB but to you its "nothing"

 

13 hours ago, DeadPixels said:

Of course players want new continent, i am sure the majority who still play APB are veterans. The really question here is who wanted RIOT?

 

The community wanted new content .

Well what did you expect , collecting gum drops ?

As mentioned by others , even G1 wanted a BR mode of their own for APB.

 

You are complaining about population decreasing but also complaining over an attempt for new content , that in this case is popular enough in other games , that can lure in new players to APB.

Make up your mind already.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is just so false and im pretty sure its the opposite. 

 

Its the so called 'lower skill-based player' that actually harasses,abuse and shit talk all the time on district chat and rage whispers to high lvl players accusing them of hacks,insulting them, raging etc.

 

As for advising,i dont remember a single time where a new player have asked a question no matter how stupid or simple and did not get answered. This game is only toxic for people who are new to apb or online shooters in general as they fail to understand the huge skill gap present in apb which makes them think everyone is a hacker or paytowin cuunt. As you progress through the game you learn to not give a shit and actually enjoy the game.

Edited by foscor77

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

Yes you did blame them. The two posts of yours is clearly saying its their fault.

Where did i type that i blame them for the situation this game is in? These are just my observations how thing progressed over the past 8 months

 

14 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

Do you expect everything from the past 10 years to magically be fixed in no time at all?

No i didn't, but a lot player did i guess. Many veteran players got back into the game after LO bought it and then left a month or two later, looks like they thought some miracle is going to happen right away.

 

Well the only thing i did expect to be here by now is the engine upgrade, considering how long we have been waiting for it, but oh well...

 

14 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

And there are updates on what is going on every first of the month.

Announcing something what is going to happen in the next few months or actually updating the game is two different things

 

14 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

Sometimes more than that.

Please tell me more

 

14 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

Plenty of lists were made over what work they have done for APB but to you its "nothing"

Again i never said they didn't do nothing, i just think their priority what comes first is not the best decision.

I do know there was a big mess the previous company left them and they had to fix

 

14 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

The community wanted new content .

I am sure if you would ask the community if they wanted a BR mode, 2/3 of them would say no

 

14 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

Well what did you expect , collecting gum drops ?

Maybe new contacts, a new FC map or even a racing district, but hey what do i know...

 

14 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

As mentioned by others , even G1 wanted a BR mode of their own for APB.

You are complaining about population decreasing but also complaining over an attempt for new content , that in this case is popular enough in other games , that can lure in new players to APB.

So what if G1 wanted it? Just because the company wants some new mode, doesn't mean players want it to. Yes i know BR is really popular, but i don't see it fit APB and considering how many awesome free BR games exists, i don't know why would any new player prefer APB Riot over other games

 

14 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

Make up your mind already.

My conclusion is if LO is going to do the same mistakes G1 did and add stuff to the game that nobody wants and is also not going to attract new player base nothing will change. I do want the game to get back to its glory days and LO to succeed but i think it's too late for that, especially if everything is going to go so slow as it did to this day.

 

 

Btw you should chill, it's only a game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DeadPixels said:

Where did i type that i blame them for the situation this game is in? These are just my observations how thing progressed over the past 8 months 

 

No i didn't, but a lot player did i guess. Many veteran players got back into the game after LO bought it and then left a month or two later, looks like they thought some miracle is going to happen right away.

 

Well the only thing i did expect to be here by now is the engine upgrade, considering how long we have been waiting for it, but oh well...

 

Announcing something what is going to happen in the next few months or actually updating the game is two different things

 

Please tell me more

 

Again i never said they didn't do nothing, i just think their priority what comes first is not the best decision.

I do know there was a big mess the previous company left them and they had to fix

 

I am sure if you would ask the community if they wanted a BR mode, 2/3 of them would say no

 

Maybe new contacts, a new FC map or even a racing district, but hey what do i know...

 

So what if G1 wanted it? Just because the company wants some new mode, doesn't mean players want it to. Yes i know BR is really popular, but i don't see it fit APB and considering how many awesome free BR games exists, i don't know why would any new player prefer APB Riot over other games

 

My conclusion is if LO is going to do the same mistakes G1 did and add stuff to the game that nobody wants and is also not going to attract new player base nothing will change. I do want the game to get back to its glory days and LO to succeed but i think it's too late for that, especially if everything is going to go so slow as it did to this day.

 

 

Btw you should chill, it's only a game

I quoted you twice on this.

You have been contradicting yourself a while now.

re-read what I quoted from you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

I quoted you twice on this.

You have been contradicting yourself a while now.

re-read what I quoted from you.

Just because my expectations for this game and this company is low, it doesn't mean i don't want it succeeded. You are making me look like i am some sort of bad person just because i wrote something you don't like and you can't see the fact that this game can't be saved because of multiple factors. Clearly the main problem is that their team is too small so the progress is too slow. The second big problem is new players can't have fun if they are being harassed all the time and have to play against skilled veteran players.

 

You expect Riot to attract players, it maybe will but it's hardly believable they will stay when they get their patootie kicked every game. The main problem is the same as it is in the mission district. New players have to play against 4 man veteran teams. Even if you are a good player and play solo you have a high disadvantage over the players who group up and use teamwork. This game is not new player friendly that's why most new players who try this game leave and this is the main problem that should have high priority

 

I am thankful for the people in this company, but i am not going to have high hopes like i did in the past. But you are clearly one of those people who defends a person or a company to the end just like some people praised Tiggs. I also defended the previous company for many years and in the end what did i get, nothing!

 

End of discussion and i wish everybody to have a good day

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, DeadPixels said:

You are making me look like i am some sort of bad person

not intended to. my apologies.

 

10 hours ago, DeadPixels said:

Clearly the main problem is that their team is too small so the progress is too slow. The second big problem is new players can't have fun if they are being harassed all the time and have to play against skilled veteran players

True however this is from poor design from RTW and G1.

Little Orbit has been working on it but there's steps to do first , like the SPCT and testing. Like a 1.0 release. You know....stuff.

10 hours ago, DeadPixels said:

You expect Riot to attract players

I know it already has  , just not many. but over time the more game modes added to APB  ( like racing ) will mean it brings in people we did not have before from a wider net to catch with.

It is impossible for APB to remain "the same" any longer since "the same" is why more people do not come in.

10 hours ago, DeadPixels said:

high hopes like i did in the past. But you are clearly one of those people who defends a person or a company to the end

I do not condemn for things that Little Orbit did not do wrong.

 

Some of the people upset with Little Orbit are blaming Little Orbit for DDoS attacks that they are clearly not doing to themselves.

I mean its like the ones complaining look for any excuse.

 

But then there's the gun balancing and the sniper shotgun issue we had.

Yes Little Orbit made a mistake on that , but its not like anyone is perfect so its not like I'm going to burn my home down over it just  to judge them.

 

Do I wish the Engine Upgrade was done so that  threat , matchmaking , and phasing  was being worked on? Of course. Who doesn't.

But its not fair to blame Little Orbit for trying to fix the spaghetti coding that was left behind , or incomparable programming issues that came up with EAC at first from it.

People even complained over it slowing down when some of them took a Christmas vacation.

 

Am I content with progress? No.

Am I understanding especially wince even EAC is showing APB coding is still a problem? Yes.

All I can really do because of that , is be patient and wait while hoping that the  Engine Upgrade is finished soon , and sooner than soon™

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

make 3 districts . close the gold in the Golden arena . if you're gold , ambitious - PROVE !!

 

fucked up this PRO

vEGO30Hc27.jpg

Edited by Yood

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/10/2019 at 4:33 AM, I-Reaper-I said:

I see this a lot that lower skill-based players who can't really play the game well are constantly being abused harassed or shit-talked about by higher-skilled players.

Players who just want to enjoy the game or learn the ropes do not get advice from higher skilled players or get any consoling or empathy but instead are constantly being bullied, harrased and insulted of how bad they are.

The community of this game is by far the most toxic (surprisingly more toxic than the CS:GO community) one I have seen so far and it will make a lot of players quit due to sheer harassment and bullying.

If LO wants this game to start growing and people to enjoy this game, this issue NEEDS to be addressed and harassers need to be penalized with temporary bans, even so if they don't change their attitude and tone towards other players then a perma-ban should be due for them.

lol how do you tie your shoes in the morning

  • Dislike 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, collectmoments said:

lol how do you tie your shoes in the morning

Same as any other mature human being who knows how to tie a shoe. 🙂

 

Maybe add a constructive comment to this topic the next time instead of representing the toxicity of this community. 🙂🙂

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, collectmoments said:

lol how do you tie your shoes in the morning

>not using velcro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/19/2019 at 7:16 PM, Fortune Runner said:

Some of the people upset with Little Orbit are blaming Little Orbit for DDoS attacks that they are clearly not doing to themselves.

I mean its like the ones complaining look for any excuse.

DDoS attacks have been going on for years before LO took over. Yeah people who complain about this clearly just want to to blame them for everything 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/13/2019 at 8:14 PM, Mitne said:

No

That's not how threat system works. Noticed we get points for a while? They count the most in whatever you are gold or bronze. Pretty known fact for all dethreaters out there. Threat system needs rework and adding additional "colors" further problems left by old G1.  

 

Oh great. So reward for being in diamond is... punishment! That won't push dethreating problem further, isn't it?

 

commentary: the level of higher matter 

Edited by Yood

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/10/2019 at 10:22 AM, TanyaSlayer said:

Disable district chat.

Problem solved.

Hey you...don't tell anyone...., Chat-Filter is the only solution, but shhhhhhh...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/20/2019 at 5:34 PM, I-Reaper-I said:

Same as any other mature human being who knows how to tie a shoe. 🙂

 

Maybe add a constructive comment to this topic the next time instead of representing the toxicity of this community. 🙂🙂

somebody cant handle the internet.

  • Dislike 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How dare you propose that people act like civilised being instead of going full savage on their fellow players, forgetting that they, too, were cannon fodder once and that, at the end of the day, literally no one gives a sh*t if you're good at this game.

How effing dare you.

 

With this said, here are a few points you might want to take:

 

- getting emotional for every time somebody pricks you the wrong way is not healthy. Some banter is normal and it's everywhere, even on the bus while you're going to work. Are you going to stop taking the bus because somebody has been mighty impolite to you? Eff's sake no you don't and you know I'm right on that.

 

- for serious cases of harassment or bullying, there are three allies. Namely: reporting to supp...

...ok, no, two then: chat filters and the /ignore option. I was once like you (or the people you're speaking for), I was fortunate enough to be forged by the huge pile of sh*t that this community has been and probably still is partially, and I found out that muting some/all channels really does a good number on your concentration (less time reading useless cr*p from people, more time beating it out of them). AND it helps with your issue too, so try it.

 

- sarcasm has never been a strong skill of mine. Just when I think I made some witty comment, I realise later on that I'm putting people through a lot of cringe and suffering. But I won't give up until I master the art of humour. (*) Neither should you give up on the game, if you're interested in it. Tomorrow it might not be APB but a real, healthy and useful hobby that you're taking up, only to be surrounded by assh*les trying to make you quit. Are you going to make them happy?

You know how it goes: eff's sake no you don't.

(*) might or might not be based on real life experience

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, V2050 said:

How dare you propose that people act like civilised being instead of going full savage on their fellow players, forgetting that they, too, were cannon fodder once and that, at the end of the day, literally no one gives a sh*t if you're good at this game.

How effing dare you.

 

With this said, here are a few points you might want to take:

 

- getting emotional for every time somebody pricks you the wrong way is not healthy. Some banter is normal and it's everywhere, even on the bus while you're going to work. Are you going to stop taking the bus because somebody has been mighty impolite to you? Eff's sake no you don't and you know I'm right on that.

 

- for serious cases of harassment or bullying, there are three allies. Namely: reporting to supp...

...ok, no, two then: chat filters and the /ignore option. I was once like you (or the people you're speaking for), I was fortunate enough to be forged by the huge pile of sh*t that this community has been and probably still is partially, and I found out that muting some/all channels really does a good number on your concentration (less time reading useless cr*p from people, more time beating it out of them). AND it helps with your issue too, so try it.

 

- sarcasm has never been a strong skill of mine. Just when I think I made some witty comment, I realise later on that I'm putting people through a lot of cringe and suffering. But I won't give up until I master the art of humour. (*) Neither should you give up on the game, if you're interested in it. Tomorrow it might not be APB but a real, healthy and useful hobby that you're taking up, only to be surrounded by assh*les trying to make you quit. Are you going to make them happy?

You know how it goes: eff's sake no you don't.

(*) might or might not be based on real life experience

we have all been there.. with APB and in life.

You just got to crack on and say fuck this shit im playing on. If you dont you would be as well selling your PC and going to live in a cave by your self with an 80s nudy mag and some toilet role.

Just saying..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...