very good news.

PD: I played a looooooot of fornite, and I didn't see a single cheater, why is that?

Edited by Uhtdred

8 minutes ago, Uhtdred said:

very good news.

PD: I played a looooooot of fornite, and I didn't see a single cheater, why is that?

Weren't there like 1,200 cheaters just in the April World Cup tournament?

Thanks for letting every scrub know that they should be updating their code so they don't caugh.

You always looked like a c... to me, now you have confirmed it 🙂

Anyway this will only give us a rest for a week or two at best then we will be back at where we are right now.

Also APB will be Epic store exclusive /s

Edited by Sayori

8 minutes ago, Sayori said:

Thanks for letting every scrub know that they should be updating their code so they don't caugh.

You always looked like a c... to me, now you have confirmed it 🙂

these screenshots are from the public apb discord that has more members than apb has active players, its not like i broke into the pentagon 

33 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

its not like i broke into the pentagon

I actually figured it was some meme. I didn't believe it for a minute. but now with such a long thread on it, it must be true 🤐

1 minute ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

I actually figured it was some meme. I didn't believe it for a minute. but now with such a long thread on it, it must be true 🤐

the whole game is a meme

38 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

these screenshots are from the public apb discord that has more members than apb has active players, its not like i broke into the pentagon 

I'm aware they are from the discord but it's not like most people check it out daily. Especially certain citizens of the biggest country in the world who really like to rush B.

There's no need to spread this further more. 

If I was Matt I'd just delete it although it's late at this point.

For all the people who are like 'don't let the cheaters know, ree' To be fair, (to me) most cheaters in this era of the Apb saga come off as ego obsessed edgy kids or just class A.... um.. garbage people (man being PG is hard sometimes) who don't actually give a patootie about Apb, so they aren't that heavily invested in the game/community, they will be less likely to be perusing the discord or these here forums

Edited by Acornie

3 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Feel free to let us know know in advance if you are one of the players who will coincidentally be going on vacation or something when this goes live.

bYuOpmk.gif

I caint wait to see certain closets skill drop if they dare log, it's been to long. Thank you Matt, pair confirmed.

This means I can buy g1 again for more OP weaps to make people rage.

Edited by Willy Wonka

Should've kept it a secret for a while. Now certain big gamers will prepare for it.

But other than that, amazing news, probably some of the best we've heard in a while in APB. A client side anti-cheat is never enough, especially in a game as problematic as APB.

• Thanks 2

It will be fun to see how 2 anticheats do not see a pixelcolor triggerbot.

31 minutes ago, Flaws said:

Should've kept it a secret for a while. Now certain big gamers will prepare for it.

best game community ever, thanks god🤣 

All the closets ain't gonna play anymore until there is a bypass 😛

People who write that the OP was not worth talking about it, do not understand that anti-cheat can not be installed "covertly." You will have to accept the agreement and when loading the game you will see the EAC logo.

People also do not understand that it is impossible to "prepare" for a new anti-cheat, as long as it is not in the game itself. How will the tests be conducted?

7 hours ago, Similarities said:

The biggest issue in my experience is not that BE is lacking in solidity, but rather, Little Orbit's implementation of the anti-cheat is poor at best and awful at worst. Changing to EAC will not fix the fundamental issue which is that the development team has shown that they're inexperienced in actually implementing their anti-cheat solution, not that the anti-cheat solution itself is poor. @MattScott it is in my opinion that you contract an external security consultant to ensure your implementation of this is not poor like your BattlEye implementation was. We spoke about this in DMs, you know I'm always right at the door. 😉

I still don't understand how anyone truly believes that the engine is such a major part of anti-cheating capabilities. The "full-support" you speak of is nothing more than Little Orbit actually implementing their anti-cheat properly. The engine has nothing to do with it, whether it's aged or not. The Source Engine that runs Apex is 15 years old now and Apex is still able to keep up decently well.

EDIT: I drew a blank and used the wrong word, analyst was meant to be consultant. My bad. 60 hour weeks are bad for the brain.

I believe some of them are referring to how the current coding is outdated and easier to hack it up in pieces to use with cheats because of it.

2 hours ago, introlapse said:

People who write that the OP was not worth talking about it, do not understand that anti-cheat can not be installed "covertly." You will have to accept the agreement and when loading the game you will see the EAC logo.

People also do not understand that it is impossible to "prepare" for a new anti-cheat, as long as it is not in the game itself. How will the tests be conducted?

if you know the coding yes you can prepare in advance.

cool

Edited by swindIe
changed my mind

Don't worry guys. You'll get to complain about EAC not working and whine for something else soon.

Memes becoming reality.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Gateron said:

All the closets ain't gonna play anymore until there is a bypass 😛

There are already bypasses just not public ones.. The only thing needed is to implement them.

No idea if EAC does anything like FF on server-side. Probably not.

edit:

So it seems EAC's server-side AC is like FF, additionally they have machine learning team. This is far better than relying on a any client side solution

Edited by Sayori

1 hour ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Don't worry guys. You'll get to complain about EAC not working and whine for something else soon.

Memes becoming reality.

Like with BE, it's not so much about the anti-cheat not working but more that there is no secondary net to catch them if they bypass. I hope with EAC that LO will dedicate some resources into dealing with those that do slip through.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, VanilleKeks said:

Like with BE, it's not so much about the anti-cheat not working but more that there is no secondary net to catch them if they bypass. I hope with EAC that LO will dedicate some resources into dealing with those that do slip through.

I mean EAC has a server side implementation, think FF but not as bad.

I really hope it works, Hopefully won't be a disappointment like battleye.

BattleEye did its job as long as it could.

It's always been said no anti cheat is 100% and that the market is ever changing by being updated by both sides of this.

2 minutes ago, SilverCrow said:

Too bad there isn't anti leak.

Depends? 😛

i love that everyone thinks switching cheat protection will prevent all cheaters every fucking time.

Everyone thought Fairfight would block all cheaters, and everyone later started making fun of it for not doing so. The battle eye shit everyone thought would block all cheaters, until it didn't and now everyone is like 'yay eac will work!!!' when it obviously wont.

its pretty fucking obvious this game wasnt made to be compatible with how anti cheat shit works.

it doesnt take long to work around this shit, especially when its client sided. Server side will take a bit, but it will be worked around.

As long as the cheaters have a sense of immunity against losing anything they hold sacred, nothing will ever change regardless of what anti-cheat is running, most cheaters don't care about the accounts they lose, its time they lose something else. We need real world consequences for those caught cheating.

• Like 1