Sign in to follow this  
MattScott

End of First Quarter update blog

More of nothing huh? How can you call that a "reveal" for your game mode? you repeated a name that you'd already shared and showed one shitty image lol

whats going on in ur "studio"?

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Lokislav said:

APB is a more complex game than people can imagine

That statement held true ten to fifteen years ago when the game was originally made. Nowadays the code is more complex than necessary (because it's crassly outdated), while the systems this code produces are hardly worth emphasising. Even the customisation system, albeit rarely done as complex as in APB, could be streamlined a lot.

As @Snubnose says, it's time for a (technologically modernised) APB 2. And it would've been time for this four years ago, too, when the engine upgrade turned out to be a nonstarter.

With modern technology APB could play better, run better and, quite frankly, look a lot better.

Of course Little Orbit isn't to blame for continuing the work that started under Gamersfirst, but I honestly don't think it will carry APB much further. The real treasure they acquired is the lore.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Revoluzzer said:

That statement held true ten to fifteen years ago when the game was originally made. Nowadays the code is more complex than necessary (because it's crassly outdated), while the systems this code produces are hardly worth emphasising. Even the customisation system, albeit rarely done as complex as in APB, could be streamlined a lot.

As @Snubnose says, it's time for a (technologically modernised) APB 2. And it would've been time for this four years ago, too, when the engine upgrade turned out to be a nonstarter.

With modern technology APB could play better, run better and, quite frankly, look a lot better.

Of course Little Orbit isn't to blame for continuing the work that started under Gamersfirst, but I honestly don't think it will carry APB much further. The real treasure they acquired is the lore.

Graphics in apb and so normal. With the exception of disgusting daytime shaders (UE 3.5 fix it).
You guys forget that APB is a competitive game. Only PvP. She does not need modern graphics. 

This game is at the bottom of all 10 years not because of the graphics, but because of its root features, such as copies of districts, incorrect progression (STRONG restrictions on rank), a visually complex interface / lack of a normal tutorial. 
Together with the graphics, let's add realistic physics to the machines. Add motorcycles, helicopters. Remove the color change of sight on the target, breaking car windows... YEEAAAHHH!!!
i?id=9d8cc115e7976b3dcef4342d4e452d42&n=

Edited by vfterlife

52 minutes ago, vfterlife said:

Graphics in apb and so normal. With the exception of disgusting daytime shaders (UE 3.5 fix it).
You guys forget that APB is a competitive game. Only PvP. She does not need modern graphics. 

This game is at the bottom of all 10 years not because of the graphics, but because of its root features, such as copies of districts, incorrect progression (STRONG restrictions on rank), a visually complex interface / lack of a normal tutorial. 
Together with the graphics, let's add realistic physics to the machines. Add motorcycles, helicopters. Remove the color change of sight on the target, breaking car windows... YEEAAAHHH!!!
i?id=9d8cc115e7976b3dcef4342d4e452d42&n=

shut up already man you are making a joke of yourself

2 hours ago, saudauish said:

More of nothing huh? How can you call that a "reveal" for your game mode? you repeated a name that you'd already shared and showed one shitty image lol

whats going on in ur "studio"?

Answer the troll.... why not.

Reveal does not mean that you are able to play it or see gameplay. Its announced. People kind of know whats going on and how it is looking like. What would you call it? Its too much for just an announcement.

Cheers

I eagerly await the Console update..

I also IMPATIENTLY wait for the CROSS FACTION ENFORCER PARAMILITARY PACK to be added to PS4 Armas......

21 hours ago, Nitronik said:

Almost there... 🤤

deja vu..till i start playn-dont believe in anything anymore..but things about RIOT sound interesting no doubt

Edited by TheMessiah

8 hours ago, Revoluzzer said:

I know it's such a pipe dream (But then again if you asked me in 2014 if APB would make it to 2019 I would have said the same thing) but APB 2 is the way forward. LO has put an admirable amount of work into the game since they've had it, and I'm super excited to see where they take the game - but it did start development over 10 years ago, and I think if we ever want to see a mainstream game which carries the branding, a fresh start will be necessary.

There is a very good chance a sequel would look nothing like APB however - the industry has moved on so much.

Edited by Lord Cashpoint

Sounds like the engine upgrade is never coming. It will be summer of 2019 and nothing will still be here. Speaking for myself, i could care less about any mods, any new cars, any riot mode or any new mode, i just want the engine upgrade and better graphics/visuals and "environment changes" in terms of completely new locations to explore including asylum as a new map location. asylum is sitting around collecting dust.

Edited by MsMercedes
  • Like 2

No problem Matt, we can wait. Another year doesn't really mean much to us. And it's not Q1 2014 yet. :^)

/sarcasm

It's better to wait longer and get things done proper then to release it broken. 

Hope fpr the best.

On 3/22/2019 at 6:49 PM, kolaman91 said:

You guys might've missed this part.

I did, thanks for pointing that out .

• Like 1

18 hours ago, MsMercedes said:

Sounds like the engine upgrade is never coming. It will be summer of 2019 and nothing will still be here. Speaking for myself, i could care less about any mods, any new cars, any riot mode or any new mode, i just want the engine upgrade and better graphics/visuals and "environment changes" in terms of completely new locations to explore including asylum as a new map location. asylum is sitting around collecting dust.

You know patience is a pretty good thing. You act like they are able to finish the upgrade in 5 days. I much rather have an engine upgrade with minimal bugs and glitches as possible. You should know what rushing does to games.

Edited by damn2112

Same stuff posted every month, nothing new is being said.

How about few screenshots or videos? Or something more technical about the progress? 

Those with the OTW can't say anything either because "NDA". What? Are you G1 or something? It's nearly-dead video game and you put NDA,..This just doesn't inspire any confidence in me.

Wake me up when it's over.

Edited by Sayori
  • Like 5

Happy to hear that progress is still being made. Albeit at a seemingly slow pace. Better then zero progress like we had for years running. Heh..

That aside I'm not really feeling the battle royale thing. Pretty burned out on those types of games at this point. The market is just so darn saturated that I genuinely couldn't even begin to guess at how many hundreds of them probably exist now. I mean there's a chance it'll bring something new and fun to the table. Problem is I feel like it'll just be more of the same. Dunno. Needs something unexpected in my opinion. What's been said sounds like more of the same that other BR games already offer in spades. 

On 3/23/2019 at 12:46 PM, Pedroxin said:

soon ™

q1 2014

Feb 2019

the sad reality

• Like 2

Well one point of note concerning UE 3.0 , official support ends in 2020, not sure about UE 3.5.

I saw this post somewhere on the UE website.

Not sure what date specifically support ends in 2020, and no, I don't' have the link handy.

(but I'm sure if you look, you'll find it)

So any game on UE3 that wants a supported product, they'll need to upgrade before support expires.

So stuff is happening.

New content has been one of the HUGEST request from way back.

And now we're getting it.     Yaaaaa !!!

I'll reserve my comments on the new  content "after" I have had a chance to check it out.

Looking forward to something new. (besides a reskin)

On 3/22/2019 at 4:14 PM, MattScott said:

Hi everyone,

Sounds awesome, thanks Matt!  But now for the most important question... Will the Vegas and the 4x4 still be able to wheelie with Nitro 3?  I know it doesn't work on the current console version, but have you guys fixed it on your end yet?

Also will there be a graphics option to disable fog?  I don't know if it'll be like this on 3.5 but in the current game it drags the frame rate down quite a bit.

20 minutes ago, BrandonBranderson said:

Sounds awesome, thanks Matt!  But now for the most important question... Will the Vegas and the 4x4 still be able to wheelie with Nitro 3?  I know it doesn't work on the current console version, but have you guys fixed it on your end yet?

Also will there be a graphics option to disable fog?  I don't know if it'll be like this on 3.5 but in the current game it drags the frame rate down quite a bit.

hit W then reverse then nitro 3 and W at the same time
#ez

48 minutes ago, Keshi said:

hit W then reverse then nitro 3 and W at the same time
#ez

Alrighty lemme just hit W on my PS4 controller.  Point is, that doesn't work on the console version.  The Vegas just doesn't seem to have enough torque to pull off a wheelie on consoles.  I could be seeing it wrong because of the shitty frame rate, but that's what it looks like.

3 hours ago, BrandonBranderson said:

Alrighty lemme just hit W on my PS4 controller.  Point is, that doesn't work on the console version.  The Vegas just doesn't seem to have enough torque to pull off a wheelie on consoles.  I could be seeing it wrong because of the shitty frame rate, but that's what it looks like.

There are no wheelies in 3.5

17 hours ago, BrandonBranderson said:

Also will there be a graphics option to disable fog? 

Are you for real ? let's get all the buildings out of town ! you'll feel more comfortable shoot ! does it rain in your city ? fog is an integral part of the event .

Edited by Yood
  • Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this