Sign in to follow this  
MattScott

End of First Quarter update blog

3 hours ago, Yood said:

Are you for real ? let's get all the buildings out of town ! you'll feel more comfortable shoot ! does it rain in your city ? fog is an integral part of the event .

Not the Halloween event fog.

The fog in the distance in normal districts that just makes stuff looks hazy. 

Offers no advantage, but many players find it makes the game look better visually when removed. 

Edited by CookiePuss

5 hours ago, Yood said:

Are you for real ? let's get all the buildings out of town ! you'll feel more comfortable shoot ! does it rain in your city ? fog is an integral part of the event .

Pretty much what Cookie said.  Just the distant fog in normal districts, not event fog.  Though if light pollution comes back I won't be disabling it even if the option is available.  And yes I believe San Paro should be swapped out for gm_flatgrass.  I live in a fairly mountainous area, so I have to drive through a lot of hills and valleys on my half hour drive to work in the morning.  And since my state has drastically varying weather, its pretty common for me to go through Silent Hill levels of fog on my way to work.

And my fears start to become true, getting delays so maybe we only get more fake promises like we once did, Hope I'm wrong.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, TheKeanuReeves said:

And my fears start to become true, getting delays so maybe we only get more fake promises like we once did, Hope I'm wrong.

How can you have delays if no dates for completion have been given?

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

How can you have delays if no dates for completion have been given?

Wasn't the engine upgrade for February? If I'm wrong then it's ok 😄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheKeanuReeves said:

Wasn't the engine upgrade for February? If I'm wrong then it's ok 😄

No worries. 

Matt's been very careful not to do anything but "hope" things are released by a certain date. 

13 hours ago, BrandonBranderson said:

Pretty much what Cookie said.  Just the distant fog in normal districts, not event fog.  Though if light pollution comes back I won't be disabling it even if the option is available.  And yes I believe San Paro should be swapped out for gm_flatgrass.  I live in a fairly mountainous area, so I have to drive through a lot of hills and valleys on my half hour drive to work in the morning.  And since my state has drastically varying weather, its pretty common for me to go through Silent Hill levels of fog on my way to work.

I don't see or know what the cookie says . for me, this account died . the usual fog in the area ?  can be on more details !

Edited by Yood

3 minutes ago, Yood said:

I don't see or know what the cookie says . for me, this account died immediately after the ban . the usual fog in the area ?  can be on more details !

I don't know what you meant by that, but to answer the first part, Cookie said "Not the Halloween event fog.  The fog in the distance in normal districts that just makes stuff looks hazy. Offers no advantage, but many players find it makes the game look better visually when removed."

Someone show this to Yood.

Fog (see distant buildings)

7ujQgO5.jpg

No Fog (see distant buildings)

p1UYXbG.jpg

Just now, BrandonBranderson said:

I don't know what you meant by that, but to answer the first part, Cookie said "Not the Halloween event fog.  The fog in the distance in normal districts that just makes stuff looks hazy. Offers no advantage, but many players find it makes the game look better visually when removed."

I like the fog in the Halloween event . I didn't experience with the fog problems at all . 

11 hours ago, Yood said:

I like the fog in the Halloween event . I didn't experience with the fog problems at all . 

That's what I'm saying.  The fog in the Halloween event is good and should not be disabled.  Only the normal fog causes noticeable issues, so I would like an option to disable the regular fog.  If you try disabling it you will probably get a pretty decent fps boost.  

Just now, BrandonBranderson said:

That's what I'm saying.  The fog in the Halloween event is good and should not be disabled.  Only the normal fog causes noticeable issues, so I would like an option to disable the regular fog.  If you try disabling it you will probably get a pretty decent fps boost.  

the usual fog in the area ?  can be on more details !  when is fog ? Where? in what area ? you picture ?

26 minutes ago, Yood said:

the usual fog in the area ?  can be on more details !  when is fog ? Where? in what area ? you picture ?

Unblock CookiePuss.  He posted some pretty big pictures and explained it pretty well.  I don't want to spam the thread with quotes just because you don't want to see his name in the thread when you could just scroll over it instead.  This really isn't that hard to understand.  understanding "I want to disable the fog because it fucks my performance" doesn't require much brain power.  Fog is always on, whether you notice it or not.  If you actually manage to disable it you will get an fps boost.  There was a thread explaining this whole thing before.  I think I remember it had something to do with how the game calculates fog.  Also if you disable fog then the uglyass blue filter goes away.

Edited by BrandonBranderson

2 minutes ago, BrandonBranderson said:

Unblock CookiePuss.  He posted some pretty big pictures and explained it pretty well.  I don't want to spam the thread with quotes just because you don't want to see his name in the thread when you could just scroll over it instead.  This really isn't that hard to understand.  understanding "I want to disable the fog because it fucks my performance" doesn't require much brain power.  Fog is always on, whether you notice it or not.  If you actually manage to disable it you will get an fps boost.  There was a thread explaining this whole thing before.

there is no fog . fake . graphics.  I block the evil .

Edited by Yood

2 minutes ago, Yood said:

there is no fog . fake . graphics. 

Ok first of all, that doesn't make sense as a reply, because yes, there is fog.  I don't know what you mean by fake and graphics.  Look at the two pictures CookiePuss posted just a few posts up from here.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BrandonBranderson said:

Хорошо, во-первых, это не имеет смысла в качестве ответа, потому что да, есть туман. Я не знаю, что вы подразумеваете под подделкой и графикой. Посмотрите на две картинки, которые CookiePuss разместил всего в нескольких постах отсюда.

I looked . the game has smoke , water , fire , there are manholes , graffiti , drawings , stickers on the walls . not a strong wind ( because things lying on the ground do not move ) there is a day , night . there is no fog .

Edited by Yood

On 3/23/2019 at 5:53 PM, Lord Cashpoint said:

There is a very good chance a sequel would look nothing like APB however - the industry has moved on so much.

Eh, this is still free2play-space, where time moves different.

And since the general concept of the game already exists, it "only" has to be rebuilt in a modern engine. That's a lot of work carved out already.

If asset-flippers can create functional "games" I have no doubt Little Orbit could recreate APB in UE4 within a reasonable amount of time.

• Like 1

I won't be coming back to play a Battle Royale mode, with seasons. I don't want to have to pay for content. I'll stay on my hiatus.👌

1 hour ago, AOSCMP said:

I don't want to have to pay for content. I'll stay on my hiatus.👌

I think a lot of players would feel the same.

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Like 1

On 3/27/2019 at 8:15 AM, TheKeanuReeves said:

I have more faith in Nekrova's emu version than any promised "engine upgrade."  Sounds more like LO is creating a whole new fail BR game.  And with the looks of the current population, promises to be DOA.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rebelliousness said:

I have more faith in Nekrova's emu version than any promised "engine upgrade."  Sounds more like LO is creating a whole new fail BR game.  And with the looks of the current population, promises to be DOA.

Are you even paying attention?

Emu doesn't exist, and Phoenix isn't making an APB knock off.

13 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Are you even paying attention?

Emu doesn't exist, and Phoenix isn't making an APB knock off.

i dun care if their making an emu, something new or APB2.  I have more faith in what they produce since LO is out of touch with this playerbase and seems to have only vaporware and a BR plan.  Stop sucking their nuts already Cookie.  Haven't you seen how DEAD this game became?  Sheesh it was more alive with Tiggs banning everyone.

Doesn't exist he says... sure.  Well, maybe it does and maybe it doesn't.  Maybe they have a bigger team that can work with those files and make something different.  In any event... sure looks like emu exists.  Small fan teams made an Emu Vanguard, an Emu Shadowbane, an Emu EQ and an emu EQ2. It took a long time but yeah, all those games have playable copies now. In fact Project99 EQ emu has a larger playerbase than Daybreak Games EQ. I'm not even a fan of emu copies.  But it appeals to me more as a long term APB player than this new fandangled BR crap does.

-not an emu, but sure looks like one-
https://www.fxp.co.il/showthread.php?t=18369048

Edited by Rebelliousness
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Rebelliousness said:

Stop sucking their nuts already Cookie.

GHMPdL1.gif

Jokes aside.... check this thread

• Like 1

On 4/2/2019 at 2:52 PM, Rebelliousness said:

-not an emu, but sure looks like one-
https://www.fxp.co.il/showthread.php?t=18369048

Nekrova isn't remaking APB or making the emulator anymore.  None of the pictures on that site worked but I think I know which ones they were.  Pheonix is its own thing now and is separate from APB.  Similar in concept and feel, but that's about it.

Sign in to follow this