1 minute ago, LuzExtinguido said:

Or learn to play, thats the most easy solution honestly.

And you can enjoy whatever weapon you use.

Well, this debate was very informative. I'm gonna quit while I'm ahead and before you start trying to throw names around like a child.

my opinion remains-give enforcers a minigame to earn money and give crims a crim-only option to bring into missions and fightclub. Would love to see a high risk weapon like a sawn-off to equal the PIG

32 minutes ago, Unclean said:

Well, this debate was very informative. I'm gonna quit while I'm ahead and before you start trying to throw names around like a child.

my opinion remains-give enforcers a minigame to earn money and give crims a crim-only option to bring into missions and fightclub. Would love to see a high risk weapon like a sawn-off to equal the PIG

Don't worry i wont do that that easily.

There a few that you can already use. If you need advice you can allways ask.

Edited by LuzExtinguido

On 5/31/2018 at 3:28 AM, Triksterism said:
  • Revamp the 'out of bounds' system by allowing non-mission players to reach weird spots if they want to (building roofs for instance) but force a respawn on them if they are in such a spot when a mission starts

Not sure I think that this is a good idea. It'd potentially completely break both DM and item hold final stages. Even the double drop off stage you could get the item stuck up there if you were in the lead and wait it out. I guess you could make it respawn all items somewhere 'inbounds' automatically, though.

4 hours ago, Unclean said:

it's funny that this is the only thing that enforcers bring up against crims getting their own weapons. 

Enforcers get something to bring into the game as a whole new way to play that trolls, gets you double the points, creates traps for crims, and forces them to be out of the mission longer. You also are able to witness any criminal with more than 2500 and able to take anything they worked for. 

But you're right, we do have ramraiding which gets us money at a fraction of the speed just playing the game would. It's too bad we can't get double the points to get double the money from missions as well.

To make it simple, yes, I do believe that enforcers should have have a "minigame" to be able to make money outside of missions and crims should have a way to steal it as well as having their own weapons. 

There are too many threads not to link here to see where this silly argument always ends. It ends with "as long as enforcers get something, it's fine" and that's fine with most people

as long as we're on the topic of "every thread brings this up lol" every ltl for crims thread repeatedly ignores the fact that at best ltl is a handicap - and thats when you're playing with a dedicated group, start taking away ltl teammates and start seeing ltl drop from handicap to free kills for opp

35 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

as long as we're on the topic of "every thread brings this up lol" every ltl for crims thread repeatedly ignores the fact that at best ltl is a handicap - and thats when you're playing with a dedicated group, start taking away ltl teammates and start seeing ltl drop from handicap to free kills for opp

LTL solo when the rest of the group is playing lethal is silly, yes, but groups who run LTL or 1vs1 with ltl is the same as lethal vs lethal.. LTL has longer time to stun than meta weapons have ttk (besides the PIG which is high risk), but they make up for that with ease of use. 

I'm not saying I want weapons that are better than normal weapons, or that I think that LTL weapons are better somehow. I'm just saying I'd like an exclusive way or set of weapons to use as a criminal in the primary part of the game like enforcers have LTL. I don't care if that means enforcers get some sort of way to make money on the side like hacking or ramraiding or even get lethal weapons like we would end up getting.. I know that's asking for a lot in the way of the company doing stuff, but it's not a lot to anyone else.. it only brings more to the game for both sides

On 6/2/2018 at 11:09 PM, freq said:

Not sure I think that this is a good idea. It'd potentially completely break both DM and item hold final stages. Even the double drop off stage you could get the item stuck up there if you were in the lead and wait it out. I guess you could make it respawn all items somewhere 'inbounds' automatically, though.

I think you misread. I want the old ability to climb up on buildings with cars and what not while out of mission but anyone in a mission will be counted as out of bounds and killed/teleported.

41 minutes ago, Triksterism said:

I think you misread. I want the old ability to climb up on buildings with cars and what not while out of mission but anyone in a mission will be counted as out of bounds and killed/teleported.

I see it now, woops. My bad.

2 hours ago, Triksterism said:

Might be better if they just had a specific district for this.

Its already hard enough to get decent matchmaking in a 40v40 pool without half the district having fun with OOB.

That being said, I was never around for the OOB stuff, and I would absolutely love a chance to experience it.

Added more things like removing rank 16 for weapons (or maybe balancing it a bit idk), account wide things.

Also my idea about giving logistical bonuses to 'non meta' vehicles.

Edited by Triksterism

I definetly agree with dmg inside a car even with 90% reduction... This will stop car gamaplayers to just peek and when 85 sit in a car and drive around.. Even item hold mission i would restrict some area for it to avoid placing item in a nulander and 4x4 behind it pushing it... 

Make ViP mission like in asylum that both sides have 1 vip

Loose ping restrictions -- Boot players out of the district if their ping exceeds 300 for x minutes maybe

God please no. I'll not be able to finish a single mission anymore :classic_ninja:

• Like 1

On 5/31/2018 at 4:28 AM, Triksterism said:

Way back in the day when GamersFirst acquired APB and made it into APB Reloaded, myself and many others who were/are passionate about this game due to its unique gameplay experience, worked on a lot of feedback (some going above and beyond in terms of effort). Unfortunately almost all of that feedback was ignored and we realized G1 had seemingly no real interest in improving the game, only trying to wring as much $$$ out of it as possible. I'm hoping Little Orbit is different. Sure, LO has to make $$, I get that, but I hope they are committed to breathing life into APB in order to make it last. It will be beneficial to both the players and subsequently themselves in the long run.

Here are is a list, mostly off the top of my head, of things that if fixed/changed, should greatly improve the overall quality of the game:

• Ability to join a queue for full districts
  • Ability to see secondary weapons / grenades on score screen, possibly without revealing mods
  • Account-wide storage (Sending legendaries or mods to other characters on the same account is tedious as hell)
  • Add a delay/invulnerability when switching to a stage that involves takeouts
  • Better friends list akin to modern games (friend request, account-wide adding, etc...)
  • Better weapon sorting (Would love things to be alphabetical right now, but im sure the whole interface could use a revamp)
  • Bring back the tutorial district (or something similar)
  • Bring the district caps back up to 100 (50 and 50) -- Possibly higher OR implement some sort of cross-district matchmaking (sort of how WoW's phasing system works)
  • Change how yellow mods work: Either make them unlimited (no cap) or when you hit the cap, stop receiving extras (mail spam)
  • Different color 'tie' score screen (Green is currently shown for a win and a tie)
  • Eliminate client-side hit markets / blood splatters and other things that can mislead players
  • Ensure weapon reticles and such reflect a true accuracy
  • Fix objectives (vehicles) in vehicle delivery missions from exploding in certain areas when you enter their vicinity
  • Fix certain fence walls being unable to be shot through
  • Fix certain map geometry to prevent seeing/shooting through
  • Fix LOD on map geometry (certain walls, etc... disappear at strange ranges)
  • Fix progress on a point carrying over to another mission
  • Fix that one vehicle spawn in Waterfront that spawns vehicles facing the wall
  • Fix the game volume / VOIP -- Currently you need to turn your in-game volume to max and then turn APB down in windows in order to have both sound and the ability to hear others decently on VOIP.
  • Fix vehicle spawn areas so that, no matter the size, two vehicles can always spawn side by side
  • Gas Can 4 :classic_biggrin:
  • High res setting for primitives
  • Item jump/drop 'trick' -- This was fixed for heavy items years ago but not for medium items
  • Loose ping restrictions -- Boot players out of the district if their ping exceeds 300 for x minutes maybe
  • Make players have more HP or make guns do less damage/higher ttk
  • Make players sprint by default (same as the auto-sprint config edit) or give us a reason to need to 'jog'
  • Make inventories account-wide
  • Make "non-meta" vehicles viable --> Take something like the Han Veo and give it a bonus to radar (blue mod) range as an example.
  • Make currency ($$ / JT) account-wide
  • Bring back differences between both factions (restricted spawners, vehicle types)
  • Minimize 'cheap' hold areas and other supreme choke zones
  • Moar tickrate please
  • More control over our settings in-game to remove the need for tools like Advanced APB launcher, shader edits, etc...
  • More meaningful gun statistics (in-game) instead of the obscure bars we have now
  • News / updates 'panel' on the login / character select screen to keep non-forum goers in the loop
  • Only allowed to do ammo/weapon stuff at proper locations (ammo box or vending machine)
  • Overall fixes that make the game more consistent in its feel vs "Am I going to have bad hit reg this mission?"
  • Permissions system: Allow us to set permissions on our creations be they clothing or otherwise so other people can modify what they buy or obtain from other players
  • Possibly dampen the sounds of people outside of your current mission slightly
  • Remove weapon rank 16
  • Remove the 'rocket protection' -- When you aim over a car, even if you have clearance, your rockets will shoot off to the side to 'save' you
  • Remove the various district specific compat files from the official game. There is no need and it causes problems.
  • Return our precious bullet tracer effect
  • Revisit the threat system
  • Revamp the 'out of bounds' system by allowing non-mission players to reach weird spots if they want to (building roofs for instance) but force a respawn on them if they are in such a spot when a mission starts
  • Revisit equip times on certain weapons (I'm looking at you Silver Nano)
  • Save slots for loadouts (this might make some weapon switching unfairly quick? idk!)
  • Two equipment slots are still locked
  • Marketplace 20% tax
  • Vehicle carry limits
  • Revamp ram raiding

Great list, thank you so much for posting it! ❤️

• Ability to see secondary weapons / grenades on score screen, possibly without revealing mods
  • Eliminate client-side hit markets / blood splatters and other things that can mislead players
  • Ensure weapon reticles and such reflect a true accuracy
  • Item jump/drop 'trick' -- This was fixed for heavy items years ago but not for medium items
  •  
  • Make players sprint by default (same as the auto-sprint config edit) or give us a reason to need to 'jog'
  •  
  • Make inventories account-wide
  • Bring back differences between both factions (restricted spawners, vehicle types)
  • Moar tickrate please
  • More control over our settings in-game to remove the need for tools like Advanced APB launcher, shader edits, etc...
  • More meaningful gun statistics (in-game) instead of the obscure bars we have now
  • Possibly dampen the sounds of people outside of your current mission slightly
  • Remove weapon rank 16
  • Remove the 'rocket protection' -- When you aim over a car, even if you have clearance, your rockets will shoot off to the side to 'save' you
  • Revisit the threat system
  • Revisit equip times on certain weapons (I'm looking at you Silver Nano)
  • Save slots for loadouts (this might make some weapon switching unfairly quick? idk!)

I feel like these are the most important suggestions OP stated so far. Personally I also encourage LO to fix the "explosions particles". I don't even need to get hit by a grenade in order to get killed (by a framerate of 20). Also, there IS an advantage to jogging as it can improve the accuracy of some weapons DRASTICLY! (but meanwhile you are a sitting duck, so even if everyone would know this, no one would use it).

This is a really good list about issues that have been neglected for too long, together with some QoL-suggestions, and then some important overhauls.

Problem is that the list is very unstructured, and incomprehensible for those who haven't been around for long enough to know what certain things mean.

A lot of these would even warrant a topic of their own, so it's hard to comment on this thread as a whole.

I'd suggest categorizing the issues and add more detailed explanation and examples under each.

Know that if all of this would be implemented correctly, it would vastly improve the game.

On 6/26/2018 at 12:34 PM, Dopefish said:

This is a really good list about issues that have been neglected for too long, together with some QoL-suggestions, and then some important overhauls.

Problem is that the list is very unstructured, and incomprehensible for those who haven't been around for long enough to know what certain things mean.

A lot of these would even warrant a topic of their own, so it's hard to comment on this thread as a whole.

I'd suggest categorizing the issues and add more detailed explanation and examples under each.

Know that if all of this would be implemented correctly, it would vastly improve the game.

I just combed through the list and threw them into three different categories with some better wording/clarification on some things. This still isn't a very casual-friendly list (description-wise). I'll try and work on that as things come to mind. Thanks for the reply!

• Thanks 1

On 5/31/2018 at 2:28 AM, Triksterism said:

Don't forget outfit slots or locker limits (weapons/symbols/clothing/etc/etc)

• Like 1

On 5/30/2018 at 8:28 PM, Triksterism said:

- Account-wide currency ($$ & JT)
- Ensure weapon reticles and such reflect a true accuracy
- Make sprinting 'always on' by default (auto sprint). There is little to no reason to ever not sprint in APB  ---  (Any reason why this was never a thing yet?)
- More meaningful gun statistics (in-game) instead of the obscure bars we have now -- (Agreed. apbdb.com has number values, why not ingame?)

- Weapon/equipment loadouts with save slots  -- (Yes! completely agree on this if it lets us keep some form of mod memory when re-activating R&D weapons. Although I really want to see the open slot R&D's made possible to get from contacts for a 1-time price after unlocking)

I might be a bit late replying to this, but I noticed it while looking at the forum threads for this game. These 5 things here I would definitely support from that initial list.

Some things I might like to add to it though (if they have already been mentioned then sorry if I'm over-repeating them, just started reading the thread) :

- Increase the overall decal cap on outfits and vehicles for non-premium to at least 10 across the board (though 15-20 would be far better)

- Some better weapon balancing would be nice too. For example grenade launchers can be fired from the car and you can walk freely, but rocket launcher slows you to a crawl in addition to the fire "charge" delay. This would make more sense if the rockets could lock, but they are dumb fire.

- Reduced rank tier grinds for roles (if the new owners notice the suggestions calling for making R&D's optionally unlocked for permanent use on the character the role was cleared for, great! although reducing the grind would still be a fairly acceptable compromise)

Edited by Sgt.Forge

On 5/31/2018 at 10:28 AM, Triksterism said:

Make sprinting 'always on' by default (auto sprint) -- There is little to no reason to ever not sprint in APB

Can we not? I dunno if anyone else has said it but this is a really annoying suggestion. Would really screw up CQC playstyles and the like.

On 7/6/2018 at 8:15 AM, Sgt.Forge said:

Having it as a toggle would be nice at least, but yeah, not always on 100% of the time.

Well, the toggle comes from holding shift. When you have auto-sprint on, if you hold shift you jog (basically opposite functionality to those not using auto-sprint). That's how it works now and how I assumed it'd still work when I wrote it in my list.

Edited by Triksterism

Essentially what I meant by the toggle was you just press it once to trigger sprint, but stopping forward movement would cancel it. But yeah.

On 7/12/2018 at 6:51 PM, Sgt.Forge said:

Essentially what I meant by the toggle was you just press it once to trigger sprint, but stopping forward movement would cancel it. But yeah.

The more options, the better I say!

Another thing we need to get our loved APB back are 'Stunt Districts' where all that out of bound and out-of-map teleporting is removed, cuz when they 'fixed it' another part of APB died *DIEDED*
I would really like to hear some User-opinions on that..

Greez CoDesigns