Jump to content
Rebelliousness

LO Staff should make Noob accounts

Recommended Posts

And not be in any discord channel, not associate with any "known" or "pro" or even "gold" players... In fact, should join the game entirely ANONYMOUSLY.  That way they can see first hand why "new" "nobody" players get hardcore wrecked by those same players they think are their friends... and have a more intimate understanding of why this game is so filled with hatred towards some of the truly abusive prks who kill off the game's playerbase.  Play the game as a new person would play it... only then could LO staff have ANY CLUE what's going on, and what desperately needs to be fixed.

And if you streamed it would be even funnier... cos you'd be receiving sooooo many toxic, rude, and insulting msgs just for being... "not a good player." It would be a real eye opener into the actual population that needs special "protection" and is hoping to get it from people with the connections, such as actual LO staff... You should be the champions of the weakest players... and that means playing like one and getting that full experience.  The worst people, and I mean that sincerely have long had a habit of "kissing up" to the game's staff in hopes of getting a "get out of jail free" card.  We need LO staff who are brave enough to play as the unwanted, detested, tk's and kicked nobodies to save them so we have new players in game.  We need you.  The game desperately needs you.  But we need you to know what the problems really are so you can help and not become, as the previous staff, subverted into being an enabler and denier of the problems.

366632.jpg 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But it is easier to just set their accounts to max rank and add items and cash instead. Why would anyone want to play this game as a new player. People need to get carried by other people instead of actually playing the game.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SelttikS said:

But it is easier to just set their accounts to max rank and add items and cash instead. Why would anyone want to play this game as a new player. People need to get carried by other people instead of actually playing the game.

^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because they are the new staff, and they should take the bad advice they're being given by the certain pro faction playerbase, and turn it upside down to do the right thing for the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9c66a30617662ea8833379e6de64ce4a.png



  Edited by BXNNXD
xD memes
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly couldn't care less if they have fully kitted max rank accounts, or noob accounts.
... but that's just me

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not so much the cheater really, but how part of the staff is being introduced into a position of favoritism by the most elitest players... the group which shats the hardest on the new and weaker players, all day, everyday, and yes even sometimes resorting to "cheats" or "exploits" to be the best.  If LO staff would be brave enough to undergo the baptism by fire that we all have endured... even if they played as true bronzies... how endearing they would be to us... how we would respect them so much more... and rather than learning the game from the "skewed" perspective, if they actually made anonymous accounts... they could be the eyes and ears for MattScott so proper changes could be implemented which are desperately needed to save this game, and it's new population.  Something the staff will never learn, playing as playthings of handlers with ulterior and selfish agendas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rebelliousness said:

It's not so much the cheater really, but how part of the staff is being introduced into a position of favoritism by the most elitest players... the group which shats the hardest on the new and weaker players, all day, everyday, and yes even sometimes resorting to "cheats" or "exploits" to be the best.  If LO staff would be brave enough to undergo the baptism by fire that we all have endured... even if they played as true bronzies... how endearing they would be to us... how we would respect them so much more... and rather than learning the game from the "skewed" perspective, if they actually made anonymous accounts... they could be the eyes and ears for MattScott so proper changes could be implemented which are desperately needed to save this game, and it's new population.  Something the staff will never learn, playing as playthings of handlers with ulterior and selfish agendas.

theres 2000 players in the apb discord and a good few of them have played with staff, trust me they arent the cream of the crop when it comes to apb lmao

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

we need a matchmaking balance. im sick of getting my A** whooped by r255 golds

Edited by Misakaaa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

some people are missing the point badly.

it's okay for them to have 255 accounts. but for the purpose of new eyes to be useful, you have to go through every aspect of the game. including the race\grind\hill\hike\journey from r15 to r255. 

this would be important if not mandatory for the CM to go through as they would be able to relate with incoming new players more effectively.

can't expect to prepare to try and retain players if you don't understand what new players go through.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had to bail on the discord cuz the kiss assery and favortism was getting to an unbearable cringe level. Majority of the "vets" on there have no idea what they're talking about.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Signarly said:

Had to bail on the discord cuz the kiss assery and favortism was getting to an unbearable cringe level. Majority of the "vets" on there have no idea what they're talking about.

lul "kiss assery"

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Misakaaa said:

we need a matchmaking balance. im sick of getting my A** whooped by r255 golds

Good thing that's on their list of things to fix. 
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SelttikS said:

But it is easier to just set their accounts to max rank and add items and cash instead. Why would anyone want to play this game as a new player. People need to get carried by other people instead of actually playing the game.

Fucking oof 
  • Dislike 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Aeronaut said:

some people are missing the point badly.

it's okay for them to have 255 accounts. but for the purpose of new eyes to be useful, you have to go through every aspect of the game. including the race\grind\hill\hike\journey from r15 to r255. 

this would be important if not mandatory for the CM to go through as they would be able to relate with incoming new players more effectively.

can't expect to prepare to try and retain players if you don't understand what new players go through.

This makes me bring a question I was holding for a whole new thread; How is composed the current QA team of APB? Is the LO QA team? Its G1's one? A mix of both? I wonder this because what you said I think is a task for the QA team and not exclusively for the CM.

As long as they stick to actual design concepts and not rely on player's opinions, because no matter how experienced a player is, his ideas of the game will be always limited to his own perception and desires, that's how macro goes totally out of control.

And besides what people says about Revoemag for not banning certain cheater on that ocassion, back in the days of G1 when they reduced the staff and he was gone, the weapons balance went out of control getting worsen every day they released an incomplete and broken gun as legendary.


Edit: some typos. Edited by Salvick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Salvick said:
This makes me bring a question I was holding for a whole new thread; How is composed the current QA team of APB? Is the LO QA team? Its G1's one? A mix of both? I wonder this because what you said I think is a task for the QA team and not exclusively for the CM.

sorry, fat fingered post attempting to try and click below the quote on phone. impossible task.

i think it'd be a good practice for everyone. i would hope QA would go through the early stages as well. i mean i hope it'd be mandatory, but after that, their main job would be to assess weapon/mission balance and all the good stuff that QA should be doing.

the reason why i think it's so important for the CM to do it is because you're a community manager. goes back to my point of being able to see from different perspectives and also being a fresh pair of eyes. how are you going to try and improve the game if you don't realize what 100% of the players go through, which IS the early stages of gaining rating.

if there was a way to be able to map player retention based on how long they played and towards what point, i would feel quite confident to say that APB loses players around the rating 50 and under mark.
  • could be due to an unintuitive and somewhat boring tutorial.
  • could be the autoready mission that just throws players in without letting them know how to go through the hoops of a missions based gameplay.
  • matchmaking putting new players against veterans who have better cars (cars give a bigger advantage than anyone actually gives them credit for), equipment, better in-game knowledge, better everything relating to playing the game longer.
  • potential lack of official help in-game. (new players asking questions could be mocked and misled, or even ignored. i know there's some good people helping new players, but all it takes is a few bad apples for a player to never return again)

  Edited by Aeronaut

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Rebelliousness said:

In fact, should join the game entirely ANONYMOUSLY. 

And how would you know they haven't done this already? They ain't got time to play the game at work and having a rank 32 bronze for a GM doesn't sound like an authority figure.
But I agree GM accounts should only be used while working.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Nickyan said:
And how would you know they haven't done this already? They ain't got time to play the game at work and having a rank 32 bronze for a GM doesn't sound like an authority figure.
But I agree GM accounts should only be used while working.
i don't think anyone mentioned the letters GM. and I wouldn't consider GM's staff. they're volunteers in this game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Rebelliousness said:

And not be in any discord channel, not associate with any "known" or "pro" or even "gold" players... In fact, should join the game entirely ANONYMOUSLY.  That way they can see first hand why "new" "nobody" players get hardcore wrecked by those same players they think are their friends... and have a more intimate understanding of why this game is so filled with hatred towards some of the truly abusive prks who kill off the game's playerbase.  Play the game as a new person would play it... only then could LO staff have ANY CLUE what's going on, and what desperately needs to be fixed.

And if you streamed it would be even funnier... cos you'd be receiving sooooo many toxic, rude, and insulting msgs just for being... "not a good player." It would be a real eye opener into the actual population that needs special "protection" and is hoping to get it from people with the connections, such as actual LO staff... You should be the champions of the weakest players... and that means playing like one and getting that full experience.  The worst people, and I mean that sincerely have long had a habit of "kissing up" to the game's staff in hopes of getting a "get out of jail free" card.  We need LO staff who are brave enough to play as the unwanted, detested, tk's and kicked nobodies to save them so we have new players in game.  We need you.  The game desperately needs you.  But we need you to know what the problems really are so you can help and not become, as the previous staff, subverted into being an enabler and denier of the problems.

366632.jpg 

I didn't even think of this.. and i couldn't agree more. You are completely right regarding the whole "pro" scene crap. This is 100% typical of old-G1, to be best friends with certain players, showing blatant favouritism, taking those "pro-players" suggestions and reports as accurate and fact without investigation, never questioning their online "friends" because of how agreeable the staff had become to these arse-lickers.

I understand the staff want to maintain an open and healthy line of contact with their players and their player-base overall, to get first-hand suggestions, feedback, make the players feel heard and what-not. But there's a reason why bigger gaming companies/corporations aren't allowed to be formal with their players, they are forced to maintain a professional front by disallowing their player-base to indirectly affect their judgement as an authoritative figure, by maintaining an unbiased perspective at all times.

And by becoming "friends" with certain players, you create a bias whether they like it or not. That's fact. It just happens, you'll always have a preferential opinion of someone who you know and like, over someone you don't. This can NOT be allowed to happen, again, as it did with old-G1.

There were so many false bans from old-G1 based on player-reports by these "pro" players whose ego couldn't take a loss in-game, and then being manually banned by that "pro" players GM friend. Also when i say GM I'm referring to actual staff, not these community-GM's who you know only applied to be community-GM's to quench their thirst for power on here.

At the end of the day LO can NOT be friends with the player-base. They can NOT build relationships or a rapport with the player-base. As good as their intentions may be, it can't happen, because it creates a bias and it ends up in a conflict of interest. Sorry but no. And those players who do suck up to LO staff in a non-professional environment such as Discord, and lick their arses in the hope of getting preferential treatment, are slimy disgusting cockroaches.

Same with streamers. I find it great that they're promoting the game to about 30-40 players (who i'm sure 39 of those people are already players of the game), but you can NOT show any preferential treatment towards these people. You can not become their friends. You can not allow them to have any say, their words can NOT carry any more weight than a Rank 30 Bronze player, and by becoming "friendly" with them you allow room for bias to manifest.

Keep it professional. No TL;DR. Go to an off-topic thread if you wanna read 10 words per post. Edited by ShadowXS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lol

i dont mind the staff being in a discord they made, but being in a fan made discord where people try to suck up to the staff and pretend theyre decent human garbage is pretty hilarious.


its like seeing a kid trying to be nice while asking for sweets after he just beat someone for bugging him

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey all, 

Most of you know me as the CSM but I am also the QA lead for all of Little Orbit as well. I just wanted to comment on this thread. All of the staff have accounts that are both low rank accounts and high rank accounts. I personally have a maxed out account that I use for testing and a rank 1 account that I use for testing. You all are right that the QA team on this game should be playing the game from a new player's perspective to see what we can improve on but we should also be playing at the highest level to see what needs to be improved on there too. While we use feedback from players, we also use our own experiences when we play the game to make determinations on what needs to be looked at.
 

4 hours ago, Rebelliousness said:

It's not so much the cheater really, but how part of the staff is being introduced into a position of favoritism by the most elitest players... the group which shats the hardest on the new and weaker players, all day, everyday, and yes even sometimes resorting to "cheats" or "exploits" to be the best.  If LO staff would be brave enough to undergo the baptism by fire that we all have endured... even if they played as true bronzies... how endearing they would be to us... how we would respect them so much more... and rather than learning the game from the "skewed" perspective, if they actually made anonymous accounts... they could be the eyes and ears for MattScott so proper changes could be implemented which are desperately needed to save this game, and it's new population.  Something the staff will never learn, playing as playthings of handlers with ulterior and selfish agendas.

Most of the times that the QA team is playing in the game, you wouldnt even know that you are completing missions with them because we keep those accounts anonymous. Every single staff member has played this game on anonymous accounts and continues to do so. I really dont understand where the assumption came from where we dont play along side you as bronze players. Just because we dont tell you that we are doing it, doesnt mean that we arnt doing that.
 
29 minutes ago, Aeronaut said:

the reason why i think it's so important for the CM to do it is because you're a community manager. goes back to my point of being able to see from different perspectives and also being a fresh pair of eyes. how are you going to try and improve the game if you don't realize what 100% of the players go through, which IS the early stages of gaining rating.

 I will say this, of all the people who we have on staff Lixil has probably played the game the most having started many characters from rank 1 on every server.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Obvious Lesbian said:

lol

i dont mind the staff being in a discord they made, but being in a fan made discord where people try to suck up to the staff and pretend theyre decent human garbage is pretty hilarious.


its like seeing a kid trying to be nice while asking for sweets after he just beat someone for bugging him

For once i agree with you. It's cringe as fuck seeing those man-children who are in their mid-20's behaving like 15 year olds, trying to kiss-arse for preferential treatment. Bunch of cockroaches.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Selali said:

Hey all, 

   I will say this, of all the people who we have on staff Lixil has probably played the game the most having started many characters from rank 1 on every server.
thanks for the response. i forgot to put the crucial phrase "I don't want to assume what the CM has or hasn't done" 

im sure this professional company has done it's due diligence and it feels good to be reassured. 

also, this came from the "revelation" that CM has a 255 boosted account.  i was just giving my two cents on the obvious reasons of why it would be a good idea to start from 0.

not trying to accuse anybody of anything because I still have no idea what went on Edited by Aeronaut

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey @Selali thank you for your clarification, I have to tell you I feel like you are the nice auntie of the family that will sort out any fight we could have, lol.
I was about to ask about the QA team in a more direct and perhaps a more comfortable thread, but glad to get your answer on that.

For the guys complaining about the staff fraternizing with the players, I think you are totally right with your statement guys, we as players are not tied to anything that could stop someone from rejecting other members of the community from taking part on something. But also I try to put myself in the shoes of anyone who would like to see the staff interacting with the players, indeed I beg for more presence of the staff every chance I have, and I'd say you should just trust the new management until you see the outcome of their actions.

There's nothing bad with having players willing to interact with the game staff, and if some players are happy with that then there's no reason to be against them, as long as the LO handles it professionally, and I'm quite sure they do. But seriously, we've been complaining for years about the rude way Tiggs had to handle some stuff, now it feels like we are complaining that they are being way too kind and nice with the players? rofl

I'll keep saying the same, the way Little Orbit approached the community made them earn a big respect from a lot of us, and add to that that if we really want some changes to happen, then we should stop comparing actual actions from LO with G1 and put our perspective in the idea that the results are going to be different, and you guys are bringing some concerns that many of us may have in a similar way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Selali said:

Hey all, 

Most of you know me as the CSM but I am also the QA lead for all of Little Orbit as well. I just wanted to comment on this thread. All of the staff have accounts that are both low rank accounts and high rank accounts. I personally have a maxed out account that I use for testing and a rank 1 account that I use for testing. You all are right that the QA team on this game should be playing the game from a new player's perspective to see what we can improve on but we should also be playing at the highest level to see what needs to be improved on there too. While we use feedback from players, we also use our own experiences when we play the game to make determinations on what needs to be looked at.

How can you know what the game needs if you have both 1 and 255 rank but never played from 1 to 255. Is not really making any sense.
51 minutes ago, Obvious Lesbian said:

lol

i dont mind the staff being in a discord they made, but being in a fan made discord where people try to suck up to the staff and pretend theyre decent human garbage is pretty hilarious.


its like seeing a kid trying to be nice while asking for sweets after he just beat someone for bugging him

Humans are garbage and i agree.
I hope there is a big flood once again and a nice wipe of our species. We were a mistake that needs to be dealt with.
  Edited by Excalibur!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×