Miico

Recoil and Macro

They are to many hackers in this game,

And many players are using Macro or others software to reduce no recoil, this is unfair

Can you simply add an option for desable recoil for all players, that solve the problem

All can choose how to play with his game

While there are some people that macro its not nearly enough to warrant such drastic measures to the game for everyone, not to mention that there are VERY few guns where macros can aid with recoil control as recoil is randomized within a set of values meaning that every shot will have different recoil, sometimes its more sometimes less meaning that a macro that always corrects at a set value will over/under correct just about every time. On top of all that, using a macro is often just a downside as shooting at the maximum rate of fire that a semi-auto gun can shoot at is often just the wrong thing to do.

In the future simply report the player so EAC can look into them and if they are found to be macroing will get banned as it is against the rules and if they don't they may just be good at using semi-auto weapons as it really isn't rocket science to be able to fire at a certain rhythm to not jam the gun as opposed to just spamming mouse1 which will massively cripple your rate of fire as there is no input queuing in APB.

/report [Playername] Cheating

The problem is not with macros. The problem is that esports players meet noobs. There are no restrictions in the game, there is no balance. Get over it. The developers are too busy updating. As for me, completely meaningless.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Miico said:

Can you simply add an option for desable recoil for all players, that solve the problem

the weapons in rtw apb back in 2010 had almost no recoil-nobody bought it(one of the main reason why the game failed-the feel of old twitchi shooter)

Edited by AlienTM

59 minutes ago, Frosi said:

In the future

Although I agree with your opinion on Macro use, by it self.

Explain to me this. How after said report is made, would eac detect or effect

a player who has 'Cracked or Bypassed eac, like they talk about all day in chat?

I don't believe many peps are macroing, for one there are not many people playing, 

I think a few people are running hax, but i don't think macros are a factor. 

However I don't believe reporting works, because.

1. Eac was cracked 12 hrs after install, it was all over chat, and matt has said nothing, 

Done nothing nor anyone else to fix this.

2. There are no staff in support to read said report, cuz we see no staff here in forum or game.

So even if you believe support staff exists, Matt has flown the coop making people think the game

has been sold or is going out of bossiness ect, and therefore no support.

3. I refuse to make any report due my belief that it summons gm's into district.

who then harass the reporting party.

What is there some 20 GM's in game, all to catch one old man rocking the boat. 

But we can't spare one to catch hackers, ya know Matt can't come by n even lie to us n 

say He'll look into it, confirm that LO still exists. 

Explain please Sir

13 minutes ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

Although I agree with your opinion on Macro use, by it self.

Explain to me this. How after said report is made, would eac detect or effect

a player who has 'Cracked or Bypassed eac, like they talk about all day in chat?

I don't believe many peps are macroing, for one there are not many people playing, 

I think a few people are running hax, but i don't think macros are a factor. 

However I don't believe reporting works, because.

1. Eac was cracked 12 hrs after install, it was all over chat, and matt has said nothing, 

2. There are no staff in support to read said report, cuz we see no staff here in forum or game.

So even if you believe support staff exists, Matt has flown the coop making people think the game

3. I refuse to make any report due my belief that it summons gm's into district.

What is there some 20 GM's in game, all to catch one old man rocking the boat. 

But we can't spare one to catch hackers, ya know Matt can't come by n even lie to us n 

say He'll look into it, confirm that LO still exists. 

Explain please Sir

there’s no staff

but reporting summons staff 

???

You're just bad. You can't even tell the difference between the symbol editor and gun play.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

There's EAC updates just about every week and you still don't seem to understand that anti-cheats will ALWAYS get bypassed, their job isn't necessarily to keep cheaters out but to catch them once they have found a way around the measures in place to stop them, every Anti-cheat will get bypassed so what matters more is how fast cheaters are caught

1 hour ago, vsb said:

That's just straight up delusions and while there isn't a lot of people working on APB there are some that cover areas such as development or customer support, whether you like it or not EAC requires a /report function as part of its implementation therefore, its pretty logical to assume that /report is the main way to report any wrongdoing such as cheating. Also Matt's job as a CEO of a company isn't to exclusively hold your hand so you believe he's still around and hasn't jumped ship and let me just tell you that if he did jump ship then LO as a whole would probably not be here but they are and are active on the community discord outlining plans and so on.

1 hour ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

That's also just flat out wrong as GM's are players much like you which means that there is no way in hell they would have any access to the back end stuff of EAC as it'd be an insanely big security risk, the only times I've seen a GM deal with a cheater was taking out speed hackers after they have been made aware of said speed hacker through external sources such as the LO discord.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Frosi said:

but to catch them once they have found a way around the measures in place to stop them

So How, if the AC has been bypassed and is not running on the client, would the AC detect anything

if triggered by a report? 

This is why I become very distrustful of gm's telling me to use a feature that can't have an effect if 

its bypassed.

38 minutes ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

So How, if the AC has been bypassed and is not running on the client, would the AC detect anything

if triggered by a report? 

This is why I become very distrustful of gm's telling me to use a feature that can't have an effect if 

its bypassed.

The Anti-cheat is still very much running, its initial scans and defensive measures simply don't detect the cheat, report (I would assume) lets EAC know that this player may have made it past those measures and then looks for the cheat and once found bans the player, the cheat from there on would also have to be updated as its considered detected and EAC will be able to tell if you are using that cheat or not in the future.

Edited by Frosi
  • Like 1

For #3, I doubt /report does anything, besides show a fancy UI. It for sure does not call in GMs. IDK why you're worried about the GMs. They're useless at best. A player was speed hacking in front of them, and the GM got nervous and signed out instead of doing their job.

Just to confirm, I scanned outgoing packets with Wireshark. I don't see an obvious bytes per second increase when submitting a report. There might be a single packet increase, but it's not consistent. I could be filtering for it wrong. I don't know what IP it will be sent to. It requires the reported player to be online, so it's most likely the district server. Can Secrets comment on this? There's only 1 blatant cheater on. If the reports are done right, reporting the same player in a short time period would get filtered. I don't want to report innocent players either, so I can't accurately test.

13 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

I’m just curious, what makes you think so many players are macroing?

What evidence do you have?

he killed me now i'm upset therefore he is cheating because i am upset that i died in a video game

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BlatMan said:

IDK why you're worried about the GMs. They're useless at best. A player was speed hacking in front of them, and the GM got nervous and signed out instead of doing their job.

Well, because the GM's have 'Impeached the Credibility of their Honor'

I too have seen people that are blatantly teleporting, while talking smack in chat about everything from LO to 

Bronze players, and nobody said nothing to him. I have also witnessed GM's talking 'smack' in chat or what you 

would call 'light banter or chiding Legit players like me, while joking around with the same people that spend their 

Day in chat insulting players, and or standing in a group with people with names like 'EACbyPass' or they will have

the clan name cheater or hacker. But they come in as a GM group and all chase Mack around. 

So Mack likes to hacusate, I understand the rule and why. What I don't understand is how my hacusating

is worse to general moral than the hacker or the guy with hacker written into his name, nor can i see justification

in employing so many gms just to stop a couple hacusators, instead of using those resources toward catching toxics

and hackers. And due to their demeanor towards Legit players and things they do to Legits with flare guns, and their

conversing with known hackers and general chat toxics as if they were Buddy's;

I pretty much consider them either the cheaters Alt's or Friends of the cheaters at worst, 

at best I consider it an effort to 'Cover-Up' the hacking problem by Cancel Culture, for reasons

of New Player Retention, off-site reviews, ect. 

No it has become a personal vendetta to ban mack by the gm's, and it has become My personal

agenda to bring them to Justice, knowing Matt is either missing and not controlling the gm's and or

he is behind ordering them to find a way to ban me, I know No Justice will come of this.

So I Don't report because I will get trolled by every hack in the city that lost his account not for hacking

but for 'mouth running'. and if I do report the gm's all come out n follow you around and nitpick at every word said.

So You see I see them as all the same evil entity, the hackers, Matt, GMs, Trolls ect. All the same people to me. 

So Whats Mack gonna do about it? Well Mack is going to Silence all of APB by chat filter, I'm not chasing tickets anymore

and when I do come I'll do for the 'In-Game Kills of those I consider Evil' 

( ya I have to say IN-Game now cuz the gm's said talking about kills could be used to ban me for making real life threats)

Oh Its Like That Eh? OK its On then. You leave me no choice, I won't back down now, I'm in a corner n I'll Bite

• Like 1

Evidence? all time i see players on twtich with zero recoil.  

There is a difference in controlling the recoil and not having any at all.

Video on youtube like " flaws "or other etc ...

When you play vs players full fire, easily noticed. You don't need to was an esport players to see that 🙂

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Miico said:

Evidence? all time i see players on twtich with zero recoil.  

There is a difference in controlling the recoil and not having any at all.

Video on youtube like " flaws "or other etc ...

When you play vs players full fire, easily noticed. You don't need to was an esport players to see that 🙂

nah man they just play a lot of csgo and are really good at recoil control. Just ignore that VAC ban.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cowhorseman said:

nah man they just play a lot of csgo and are really good at recoil control. Just ignore that VAC ban.

giphy.gif

You find excuses, but the reality is there, either to defend yourself or I don't really know.

Surely you also have a little help in recoil too. In general, it's the cheaters themselves who come to contradict these remarks.

There is a big difference between a laser shoot where nothing moves and recoil control. Just have to see the world champions of CSGO to understand that.

recoil in this game is not even that difficult to control dude., it doesn't even compare near csgo level.

slightly pull mouse down while tracking..

RNG + REG is something to be worried.

Edited by Deadliest

On 9/6/2023 at 3:21 PM, BlatMan said:

For #3, I doubt /report does anything

It does not, it's been tested by actual networking peeps in the past. It doesn't submit anything, it just prints the "your report has been submitted" or w/e message in chat.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Placebo

I've also done extensive testing on it myself over multiple years, and can personally confirm it to be as such myself. It has never changed, and never will.

49 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

It does not, it's been tested by actual networking peeps in the past. It doesn't submit anything, it just prints the "your report has been submitted" or w/e message in chat.

I've also done extensive testing on it myself over multiple years, and can personally confirm it to be as such myself. It has never changed, and never will.

So... LO is lying?

1 hour ago, Hexerin said:

You reported yourself? oO

6 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

So... LO is lying?

Yes.

5 hours ago, Deadliest said:

You reported yourself? oO

That is just one thing among many, many other things, yes.

10 hours ago, CookiePuss said:
10 hours ago, Hexerin said:

So... LO is lying?

4 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Yes.

💀

13Cover-3.png

This thread has taken a proper tinfoil hat turn, never change APB forums.