MattScott

04/27 EAC Patch!

3 hours ago, Uhtdred said:

are crosshairs allowed?

a veteran player shall be able to make 15+ kills per missions without crosshair at all

5 hours ago, Uhtdred said:

are crosshairs allowed?

Crosshair overlays such as Hudsight are whitelisted by EAC according to the developers of Hudsight, however, I can't really give you a concrete answer as to whether or not they'll get you banned and I doubt LO will either so use it your own risk.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PingOVER9000 said:

a veteran player shall be able to make 15+ kills per missions without crosshair at all

I find crosshair very useful for OSCAR and useless for the rest of the guns tho

5 hours ago, donaciux said:

image.png

enable vm support and fix fps droop. do not reply, just fix.

no running a vm makes is super easy for cheaters to avoid hwid bans

5 hours ago, donaciux said:

image.png

enable vm support and fix fps droop. do not reply, just fix.

Don't be cheeky

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Uhtdred said:
2 hours ago, PingOVER9000 said:

I find crosshair very useful for OSCAR and useless for the rest of the guns tho

HA... let's see if you dare challenge and pass the ""LEGENDARY TRAINING"" and attain for yourself too the INSTICT AIM 

SelfRules ( aka when and how you will have mastered instinct aim )

0) Stick with same Oscar loudout for several weeks, ofc you cant use or go in markmanship mode except when opponents over the 15/20+m  (you can also use Oca, Pmg, Shotgun in case you feel your fingers tingling a bit.. )  

1) make a min of 15+ kills per mission,

2) for 5 missions consequently

3) server full of people ragequitting/ cussing you to the oblivion, you will understand what I was talking about 😂

Aka  your final target ofc it's making better than in video sample and reaching a level where you mind sort of bypass that needing of looking for your crosshair and then aiming your opponent in cqc/ until 20 m, letting be your insticts or eye/ muscle memory drive you,

Have Fun fella

Edited by PingOVER9000
but probabily you are a chicken and it will be too difficult for you :P

17 hours ago, Hexerin said:

It took just shy of 24 hours for EAC to be bypassed by the higher end programs (paid/sub based from the usual places, and the private ones certain known APB clans use). To my own personal knowledge anyways, as I slept most of the day so it's entirely possible it was bypassed earlier than that. Taking this fact into consideration, I have very little hope that LO will actually change their stance on cheating from their current "publicly decries it, but doesn't actually do anything about it even when concrete/undeniable proof is submitted" stance.

I bet most cheaters using that method had it configured correctly to cheat in other games. It didn't matter what anti-cheat was used. I think Vangaurd is the only one that is difficult to get around.

Besides, the main problem isn't cheat detection, it's lack of investigation. There's Youtube channels posting clips of themselves using aimbots, but those players don't get banned. It feels like a waste of time reporting.

• Like 1

BTW @SkittyM it looks like this attempt at fixing the Vaquero actually had the opposite effect. It's now gear stalling on multiple gears, and the stalls are significantly more pronounced (audio). I think the positive takeaway here is that it actually did have an effect specifically on the thing you attempted to fix, however. Maybe try pushing the number down to 1,500 instead? That would push it shy of half the change (1,700 -> 2,200 is +500), but in the other direction. See how that affects things, and then move on from there with whatever new info is gained.

9 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

BTW @SkittyM it looks like this attempt at fixing the Vaquero actually had the opposite effect. It's now gear stalling on multiple gears, and the stalls are significantly more pronounced (audio). I think the positive takeaway here is that it actually did have an effect specifically on the thing you attempted to fix, however. Maybe try pushing the number down to 1,500 instead? That would push it shy of half the change (1,700 -> 2,200 is +500), but in the other direction. See how that affects things, and then move on from there with whatever new info is gained.

I haven't noticed anything overly different in my testing, vaquero has sorta always stalled out in 5th gear then down shifting to 4th and continuing its stall. 

I kinda ignored the other gear speed values but i doubt those will change anything (though next time i'll mention and see if updating the other gear speeds does anything to the vehicle).  The Vaquero and Mikro are basically identical in terms of power output/speed so the issue likely lies in the audio engine itself and possibly the Vaquero audio files specifically.

12 minutes ago, SkittyM said:

I haven't noticed anything overly different in my testing,

The difference is night and day, there's no way to miss it.

1 minute ago, Hexerin said:

The difference is night and day, there's no way to miss it.

Depends on when you tested and i guess where.  Sorta wish i had dev tools to see what the car was doing but between the top speed increase and the gear speed increase i genuinely didn't perceive a difference in the Vaquero's behavior.  Kinda wish i had done some before/after clips

31 minutes ago, SkittyM said:

Depends on when you tested and i guess where.

Existing knowledge of the audio from moderate usage of the vehicle throughout my time with the game, going all the way back to CBT over a decade ago. All districts that accept vehicle use, both day and night, and in both Enforcer and Criminal factions. Basically, I know my way around the jeep. It's not my primary vehicle, not by a long shot, but I use it plenty enough to have a solid understanding of its issues (most of which have already been fixed over the years).

Sorta wish i had dev tools to see what the car was doing but between the top speed increase and the gear speed increase i genuinely didn't perceive a difference in the Vaquero's behavior.

The difference is purely auditory, to be clear. Actual gameplay performance remains unchanged as far as I can tell.

Kinda wish i had done some before/after clips

Same, but it never crosses my mind to do so. With the amount of issues this game has been having since the 64bit upgrade, I really should just start recording all my gameplay... It's not like Shadowplay has any performance impact, and it's not like I lack SSD space.

Edited by Hexerin

Another myth dead.I told problem numba 1 in this game was the anti cheat..wheres the playerbase now when we have new one(still 450-500 players)Or maybe more important is the matchmaking and the lack of new content..nah was the anticheat

On 4/26/2023 at 7:14 PM, MattScott said:

Please continue to use the /report command to report cheaters, as always!

Is this going to be effective, or do I need to provide video clips, or possibly insert my stream channel?

1 hour ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

Is this going to be effective, or do I need to provide video clips, or possibly insert my stream channel?

It's known that /report doesn't do anything other than return that "report submitted" or w/e message in chat. It doesn't submit anything, people have already proven this by tracking the game's network data and seeing that there's no outbound packets when the command is processed.

1 minute ago, Hexerin said:

/report doesn't do anything

tbh streaming n such is just too much BS.

Its unfortunate that I was not able to keep a positive attitude longer. 

I really tried, but cannot look at someone I think is dirty and BS myself into being Nice to them. 

In addition this game is not worth, worrying or acting out against hackers. 

There is a health hack, or the scoreboard is not updating when a player switches their character mods. 4+ shots from a DMR-AV should kill regardless of character mods, but maybe they used med spray and it didn't show the effect. The opposing player had Clotting Agent 3 and Epinephrine equipped on the scoreboard.

Edited by BlatMan

1 hour ago, BlatMan said:

There is a health hack

Health is server side, there is no "health hack".

2 hours ago, BlatMan said:

There is a health hack, or the scoreboard is not updating when a player switches their character mods.

or maybe your shots didn’t land 

health hacks lol

10 hours ago, Hexerin said:

It's known that /report doesn't do anything other than return that "report submitted" or w/e message in chat. It doesn't submit anything, people have already proven this by tracking the game's network data and seeing that there's no outbound packets when the command is processed.

As someone who nerd-enough about this as well as doing voluntary work (NDA) for another game with EasyAntiCheat to do moderation / handle tickets / sanctions on EAC and/or what Epic calls "EOS" (Epic Online Services) to deal with players.

I can 100% confirm that:

/report

has 100% a working and real functional of importance in APB Reloaded today.

Repeating old known misinformation whilst not being valid anymore today, is just as incorrect as repeating or spreading false or misinformation today. Always re-validate if the landscape changes, which in this case it has as we switched BattlEye to EasyAntiCheat or EOS.

• Thanks 1

When (read: "if") LO ever starts actually taking action, maybe then things will have changed.

1 hour ago, KyoukiDotExe said:

has 100% a working

I would hope so, however in the past no report was even considered without a video proof.

I would like to know if this is still the case. 

I realize that simply taking my word via report won't cause a ban.

But will it get staff to looking at that person, does X number of reports cause a 'Flag'?

There is no reason for me to go thru the time it takes to respond to the mission, wait for someone to hack.

Then stop playing and report them for what ever you saw happen, go running back to the mission.

get botted by another of their team, stop report that player, and so on.

Does nobody any good if those reports are not handled nor if they are considered trash

because no video was sent. And then How do u send them video.

So many hackers were just swimming in hax. I aint helping LO if they aint gonna do nothing.

7 hours ago, glaciers said:

maybe your shots didn’t land 

health hacks lol

I've thought for a long time they had some kind of god mode unlimited health type thing.

You always hear it in chat and see it yourself, where someone takes a full clip, or several nades landing

n they aren't touched. So to argue the effect not the hack. Maybe its something that prevents your shots from registering.

Only way to find out would be for staff to download and use the hax, or see what they have that does that.

4 hours ago, KyoukiDotExe said:

As someone who nerd-enough about this as well as doing voluntary work (NDA) for another game with EasyAntiCheat to do moderation / handle tickets / sanctions on EAC and/or what Epic calls "EOS" (Epic Online Services) to deal with players.

I can 100% confirm that:

/report

has 100% a working and real functional of importance in APB Reloaded today.

Repeating old known misinformation whilst not being valid anymore today, is just as incorrect as repeating or spreading false or misinformation today. Always re-validate if the landscape changes, which in this case it has as we switched BattlEye to EasyAntiCheat or EOS.

show me it working otherwise I don't believe you

• Like 4

On 4/29/2023 at 10:15 PM, BlatMan said:

I bet most cheaters using that method had it configured correctly to cheat in other games. It didn't matter what anti-cheat was used. I think Vangaurd is the only one that is difficult to get around.

Besides, the main problem isn't cheat detection, it's lack of investigation. There's Youtube channels posting clips of themselves using aimbots, but those players don't get banned. It feels like a waste of time reporting.

I can't believe players keep uploading videos to youtube while aimbotting. I reported many of them and they are still playing. And then they say "upload proof", THEY ARE RIGHT THERE, IN FRONT OF U and u do nothing about it...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Uhtdred said:

youtube while aimbotting

Ya I just watched a few, so Now I know I was Right about this particular player.

Who also talked about his bot in his mic and funny has a high kid voice.

So um LO U'all on your own, n Mack gonna do what Mack do.

I dont know if the lengthy time it took after 64 to instal eac was time spent

nerfing it or dialing it down, or it just took that long to "drop in'.

Either way these kids are gonna hear from me, I'm tired of hearing them say

its skill and everyone else sucks or is bad. which is a violation in itself to 

be toxic in chat and name shame legits.

I watched this guy, whom I might add moves n plays worse than me, 

n ya see the bullets going of track n he still hits em, n he aint even aiming.

Really a pity for LO, I was gonna buy some stuff. Naw

I need them to put in as much effort as I am.

They din't even answer my prev post. so I can see they really dont gaf.