MattScott

04/27 EAC Patch!

The game has a delay in performing actions (first shot, point capture, collision). The hitbox began to lag behind the character more and more. The inventory menu works very poorly.

It feels like the server has started to work worse.

Edited by Yapopal

8 hours ago, Weaboos said:

Nice! LO promises and LO delivers. I like the sound of that. 

: D D yea they deliver but how long it takes and what is the quality of the delivery.Reminds me of the beginnin of the movie Ace Ventura pet detective

EAC back.

Everyone happy.

One or two weeks goes by.
Noobs still have negative kda and get rolled by everyone.
Cant believe they are actually just dogshit at the game.
Cry EAC not working. Everyone still cheating. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi everyone,

I'm going to make tomorrow's patch announcement. A patch is going up on the Live servers for PC. This patch will be happening on Thursday 4/27/2023. The patch is scheduled to start at 2am PT / 9AM UTC and will last 4-6 hours.

GENERAL CHANGES:

• Easy Anti Cheat is now fully implemented in APB! Launching the game will install EAC automatically. Please continue to use the /report command to report cheaters, as always!
  • Players can now choose to disable fog. This option can be found in the Advanced Video settings (note that keeping fog enabled slightly impacts performance)
  • Day/Night cycle added back to Asylum
  • Added the ability to disable Muzzle Flash and Magazine Casings. These options are in DefaultGame.ini, under APBGame.cVisualFX_Weapon called:
    • m_bEnableMuzzleFlash=true
    • m_bEnableMagazineCasings=true

BALANCE CHANGES:

• Previously when nerfing the Colby .45, an extra 5m was accidentally taken off the range. After testing we’ve decided to keep this, meaning the Colby .45’s range will stay at 45m.
  • Vaquero Gear 5 Topspeed increased: 1700 -> 2200
  • Coywolf VIP torque slowdown adjusted: 0.8 -> 0.94 (fixes ineffective modifier)
  • FAR jump modifier changed: 20 -> 15

BUG FIXES:

• Implemented a fix for the ‘car bug' (the issue where exiting a car while drifting caused players to visually desync for everyone else)
  • Fixed an exploit involving objectives and crouching at the same time

KNOWN ISSUES:

• The achievement “Kind of a Big Deal” does not increment if you are already gold threat and your character existed after your account achieved gold threat
  • Stalls can occur upon entering the Clothing Kiosk with “NEW!” items
  • Tattoo layers are inversed, meaning tattoos lower on the list will cover ones above

Thanks,
Matt

Dear Matt!

Thank you very much! 
However, if you want to keep your players:

• The current matchmaking is a joke. Bring it back Gold, and silver disctrict. It is not a fair that 4 gold vs 5 silver. I know you're working on an alternative. In the meantime, I'm sure they would be happy gold and silver disctrict server. 
  • Ban botmek macro program. I understand that the EAC checks the running programs. This program is designed to create no-recoil. In other words cheater mouse. This is the same as the mouse program. Relative mouse X, Y, etc. Unfortunately, the Russians love it. 

Sorry my english. I hope you understand.

• Like 1

Can't wait for there to be no difference and see people crying for Battleye back

1 minute ago, R3ACT3M said:

Can't wait for there to be no difference and see people crying for Battleye back

I believe EAC was developed specifically for Unreal Engline. I don't think Battle Eye is any better. If it works for Fortine and Apex, it will work here.

1 minute ago, R3ACT3M said:

Kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk It will definitely be noobs or hackers.

After so much effort together with the team, this would be Matt Scott's reaction to his comment:

2929e470710350b12d9b3a55d724d3d7.jpg

20 hours ago, glaciers said:

start the timer boys, let’s see how long eac keeps the silvers from hackusating 

5 hours ago, CerealKiller said:

Won't let me log into APB and in my opinion the Easy Anti Cheat does not work, i am still facing a lot of cheaters. I thought EAC was meant to ban all the hackers/cheaters but obviously it's just a second version of Battle Eye. Maybe if you report them then they will look into it and maybe ban them, but it should ban them automatically when they try to log in if their are any cheats activated. 

didn't even make it 24 hours, that's gotta be a new record

I can't tell if it's an improvement, but at least my xbox audio codecs don't get blocked anymore.

EDIT: One improvement is EAC at least checks for a virtual environment. BE didn't.

Edited by BlatMan

Sad to see you never enabled eac support for us linux users, I was just playing the game a few days ago it was working great... why not enable it?? eac makes it super easy besides.... i really hope you just forgot and this wasn't a intentional decision because i really like apb but i will not use windows ever again so i guess i will have to just move on and wait for you enable it hopefully someday 😔😞

• Like 1

3 hours ago, forheadandy said:

Sad to see you never enabled eac support for us linux users, I was just playing the game a few days ago it was working great... why not enable it?? eac makes it super easy besides.... i really hope you just forgot and this wasn't a intentional decision because i really like apb but i will not use windows ever again so i guess i will have to just move on and wait for you enable it hopefully someday 😔😞

From what I've heard Linux is still supported but only on "Proton GE 55", you also will have to play in windowed / borderless windowed as Fullscreen seems to crash right now.

Isn't the game runs now worse? Yesterday after the patch goes live I've had 55-75fps while before the patch 85-130.

14 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

: D D yea they deliver but how long it takes and what is the quality of the delivery.Reminds me of the beginnin of the movie Ace Ventura pet detective

They messed up with the engine upgrade, they scrapped it and it's been nothing but a steady progress since then. In a few months they delivered 64bit update and then a few months later they delivered EAC. Compare that to before where we had nothing for years.

I had lost hope before but LO brought some of it back this year back. These steady updates we've been getting gives me something to look forward to knowing that this game is not abandoned and is actually being worked on.

• Like 1

On 4/28/2023 at 12:01 AM, MrLek said:

Kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk It will definitely be noobs or hackers.

After so much effort together with the team, this would be Matt Scott's reaction to his comment:

hey ill be happy if people don't, im just as pleased as everyone else is about moving to EAC

Merged.

On 4/27/2023 at 11:44 PM, Ririn said:

I believe EAC was developed specifically for Unreal Engline. I don't think Battle Eye is any better. If it works for Fortine and Apex, it will work here.

sure it will work fine. I just personally think APB has fundamental issues that no anti cheat will help with (things that make it hard to identify cheaters from people who played since 2012)

On 4/26/2023 at 10:14 PM, MattScott said:

snip

welcome back @MattScott this was a good patch. any chance we can keep getting monthly dev updates from you on the blog/here on the forums.

Sincerly I am still thinking for APB need a anticheat like Valorant or madly attached to the core or kernel.. especially for a company such as LO didnt show enough interest with very few server admins per server/ gamemasters and waiting over years to take actions for just updating an anticheat, clearly there isnt a competent or enough supported team working for updating the anticheat periodictly (which it shall be a foundamental for any serious publisher company, a comparison it's like in a hospital the administrators decide skipping the periodically maintanence for the scanning devices or sanification... no need a brain for understanting it's not a road with a good end-way... )

The hystory has the bad reputation of repeating, so it will probabily be the same again😂

19 hours ago, Shui said:

EAC back.

Everyone happy.

One or two weeks goes by.
Noobs still have negative kda and get rolled by everyone.
Cant believe they are actually just dogshit at the game.
Cry EAC not working. Everyone still cheating. 

Well sadly I am not the only one with the same tought.. 😂

Edited by PingOVER9000
I hope my previsions they'll be in wrong..

22 hours ago, Ririn said:

Apex is on a Source engine but you got point anyway.

As far as stopping cheating, EAC is useless. The virtual machine check is easy to get around.  Only time will tell if LO can utilize it, along with FairFight.

24 minutes ago, BlatMan said:

As far as stopping cheating, EAC is useless. The virtual machine check is easy to get around.  Only time will tell if LO can utilize it, along with FairFight.

It took just shy of 24 hours for EAC to be bypassed by the higher end programs (paid/sub based from the usual places, and the private ones certain known APB clans use). To my own personal knowledge anyways, as I slept most of the day so it's entirely possible it was bypassed earlier than that. Taking this fact into consideration, I have very little hope that LO will actually change their stance on cheating from their current "publicly decries it, but doesn't actually do anything about it even when concrete/undeniable proof is submitted" stance.

3 hours ago, Hexerin said:

but doesn't actually do anything about it even when concrete/undeniable proof is submitted"

Well its only been a Day or so, not to mention the server issues they had to work on.

Yea I dont mind sayin that I became suspect of several that came in last night.

Team was saying they were teleporting, n they all had that Gud aim. 

but I din't see any teleports or snaps, not enough to make me report.

So today we join up with Twitch n figure out how to send proof.

I realize that not everyone I think cheats, cheats.

I also realize that what I can send may not be sufficient 'proof'.

So We go into it with the idea that maybe I'm wrong, but lets let the 

Them decide.  Possibly it comes down to it being multiple reports

compiled from dif players that burns the cheater in question.

I realize this takes Time. Not just to read reports ect, but for the 

eac to evolve. 

Correct me if Im wrong, but doesn't eac take some time to 'Learn'

the particulars of a game before it becomes effective.

Let give em a chance, all the while feeding enough rope out to those 

suspected to keep them playing and thinking You don't know they are 

Hax. telll em GG Have a Nice Day.

Then they will go blatant and bold, n get caught.  

The placebo effect in place.
"GIT GUD" gang gonna prosper.

be19cf1fb0d94da9c8650b0ce90ef3c8.jpg

Edited by Dead_Game

On 4/27/2023 at 7:14 AM, MattScott said:

• Vaquero Gear 5 Topspeed increased: 1700 -> 2200

what does it mean?
i tried to read this sentence many times but don't understand anyway 
vaquero now can drive 22 m/s or what?

Edited by Goldexen