MattScott

We are banning for hacking and cheating

36 minutes ago, Atomkraftwerk said:

Thanks Matt !

Great job,now every kind of cheater ,macro user or hacker gets banned ,this is so fantastic !

I've waited for so long,didnt believed it would ever happen,that APB gets a proper Anti-Cheat 😀🤩

Shame it doesn't ban my godmode 😞

bwKu2Fe.png

3 hours ago, Snakeyio said:

I don't like Twitch's video quality.

Care to explain that a bit better?
You mean:

1. Those that have low settings and it's like streaming Minecraft: Reloaded?
  2. Those that broadcast in low bitrate and forced to stay at 720p?
  3. Something else?

2 minutes ago, iPlumbum said:

Shame it doesn't ban my godmode 😞

bwKu2Fe.png

hm, when ever i play with you, i try to play as bad as i can, so you can feel like a god compared to me :classic_huh:

Oof, time for the "I was banned and I wasnt cheating" threads..

Jokes aside, this is great news.

Hello, I was banned for my first account it's only because it was 2-3 years ago. So I tried to contact the support but no response.

Edited by ByNokes

23 minutes ago, ByNokes said:

Hello, I was banned for it's only because it was 2-3 years ago. So I tried to contact the support but no response.

Read Tracking Customer Support topic created by Matt Scott. 

I understand that /report still flags people ? or there is new way of "reporting" cheats/hacks ?

12 hours ago, MattScott said:

This is generally where we're heading with a couple differences.

I hope this is a joke.
So bronze kids with no skill and gamesense (who hackusated everyone in the past) will be able to get me false banned? srsly?

This is worse than Tiggs banning some randoms for fun ...

1 minute ago, Halelulia said:

I hope this is a joke.
So bronze kids with no skill and gamesense (who hackusated everyone in the past) will be able to get me false banned? srsly?

Yes but no, he said that it could be a things but it will/would work a little bit diffrent than this guy said. 

21 minutes ago, Halelulia said:

I hope this is a joke.

Literally what?

41 minutes ago, Halelulia said:

I hope this is a joke.

Ray Taylor has grown in strength! All will fall before his immense power!

46 minutes ago, Halelulia said:

Matt said that the idea is that when the "bronze kid with no skill" reports you, you get flagged, then a GM inspect your actions without your knowledge and if you are guilty of a bannable offense, then you get banned. But probably because you don't read everything that is been said here, the following should be enough:

tl;dr: No, there is no such thing as false ban anymore.

On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 6:41 PM, MattScott said:

Hi everyone,

I've seen this topic floating around the forums, and it's time to set the record straight.
We are banning for hacking and cheating.

Thank You very much for the update. I was under the impression that it would be a month or so till BE would start banning, as it would need to collect algorithm on players habits/abilities. I may be wrong but I figured if the data collected is seen as a norm while hacking takes place, then when its turned on it would not detect the better performance of the hacker because he was hacking during the data collection period. That was my assumption.  In addition I have been getting kicked or dropped while loading a district. (client not responding)  and that sorta triggered me.   I'm getting to really hate computers, Ill ask my kid about these hotkey things. i bet its that steam crap he has on here 😩

1 hour ago, Saxtus said:

Matt said that the idea is that when the "bronze kid with no skill" reports you, you get flagged, then a GM inspect your actions without your knowledge and if you are guilty of a bannable offense, then you get banned. But probably because you don't read everything that is been said here, the following should be enough:

tl;dr: No, there is no such thing as false ban anymore.

Seems like you didnt understand me.

The GM is the "bronze kid with no skill". (But the player who reported me too)

10 minutes ago, Halelulia said:

Seems like you didnt understand me.

The GM is the "bronze kid with no skill". (But the player who reported me too)

As has been said many many times already, GMs will not have the power to ban players  

16 hours ago, Thelnformer said:

I think /report should alert TGMs they could go invisible and check / spectate the flagged player, if they feel the player is cheating, they could escalate it to actual GMs who could spectate the player and do what's necessary... 

@MattScott

15 hours ago, MattScott said:

This is generally where we're heading with a couple differences.

3 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

As has been said many many times already, GMs will not have the power to ban players  

Yes, they dont ban, but seems like they will tell Lixil or whoever to ban the player after spectating = same result.

1 minute ago, Halelulia said:

Yes, they dont ban, but seems like they will tell Lixil or whoever to ban the player after spectating = same result.

No.

While they will have a more direct line to LO staff, all reports will still be evaluated by said staff members before a ban is issued. 

This has been explained several times now. 

12 hours ago, Atomkraftwerk said:

Thanks Matt !

Great job,now every kind of cheater ,macro user or hacker gets banned ,this is so fantastic !

I've waited for so long,didnt believed it would ever happen,that APB gets a proper Anti-Cheat 😀🤩

So pathetic, i guess u think everyone whos better than u is hacker xD ...

I havent met any suspecious person in missions since BE was implemented. ;o

Edited by Edwin322

12 minutes ago, Edwin322 said:

Just last night I had two blatant cheaters on my team. They didn't hesitate to admit it when I asked them. They're definitely still around. BattlEye was only in Observation Mode regardless.

23 minutes ago, Edwin322 said:

You are protecting cheaters, or you just started playing APB the first time ,.... hmmm