MattScott

APB Next Steps

They just rework the entire core code components messd up by both RTW and RP/G1 and now reviewing the changes implemented in this new 1.30 version.Everything else will come after that..so some people must stop with this condemnations and predictions about the end of the world.This happens when you dont read the entire thing,ur english is bad or u just too stupid to realize what it says.Like in my case-thats why i read it several times 😏

Edited by AlienTM

1 hour ago, AlienTM said:

They just rework the entire core code components messd up by both RTW and RP/G1 and now reviewing the changes implemented in this new 1.30 version.Everything else will come after that..so some people must stop with this condemnations and predictions about the end of the world.This happens when you dont read the entire thing,ur english is bad or u just too stupid to realize what it says.Like in my case-thats why i read it several times 😏

maybe you should read it one more time

• Like 3

Quality replies as usual, keep up the good work forums.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

a release date would be amazing

@MattScott

Whats about Events on live server during the waiting time to keep the remaining player base up?

Do dou planing to make a "wipe" for APB Re-Reloading?

Why not use Unreal Engine 5 and implement most of the existing parts in to a better version.

Working on older engines remains older issues.

Most of gameplay is basic gameplay and can be better modified in the new engine.

I hope we get more new Stuff. It becomes more and more boring to play the game (i love it) but with the old gameplay and game balancing is a problem too.

There are so much pro gamers or cheaters i cant defeat them.

Using Kevlar 3 but the mod dont give me more time to stay in combat, because the reduced movement speed is a down side in all situations.

Also over the engine, there are game balancing issues they can be fixed easier in UE5.

Whats about of make investment (also ARMAS purchases) in to the game. I dont know if its worth (because i dont now if we can keep all purchased stuff oe not).

Do we will keep payed content or... wipe?

I am meaning, your company need more fresh money. But we have allready spend many cash on the older company before. So we have shop-items from ages before.

I hope you can understand what i am talking about.

Edited by Todesklinge
  • Like 2

Matt,

After reading the post (supposedly titled "Next Steps"), it doesn't sound like those are next steps at all...

The post is the same yadda this issue yadda that issue... The community has already lost hope in having some sort of engine upgrade and I believe most people are over it by now. We do want the engine upgrade, but the state of the game now is far beyond a performance improvement to get the players back.

What the most of the remaining community now needs is:

1- Some sort of proactivity regarding cheaters and stopping the questionable community rules which protect cheaters from being called out and banned.

2- Some new content to play for. Whether it's new contacts, new weapons, reverting all those horrible weapon balances, matchmaking improvements, etc.

3- Keeping the community always updated.

All the past years you've been striving to satisfy new players, but you forgot the existing community while doing that, now all what is left is a few players from the veteran community. Another step in the wrong direction by trying to cater to new players will be the final straw that broke the camel's back.

Please, just for once, listen to the community.

Drop it with the engine rabbit hole, for a while. Give us new content. Revert the bad weapon changes. Ban the cheaters and stop it with the idealistic community standards in a continuously dying community, your approach already proved to be unsuitable.

Hope you read this and for once trust the only people left.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Oh my god.
I have been 'planning' to try APB Reloaded now on my BRAND NEW PC (<3!) and just a moment ago, I checked the admin logs for a miracle (I have been checking the admin-corner once a month or so, and I just wanted to boot up the advanced launcher for graphics, lookin at the roadmap posting on Jan 2021, getting all sad, and thought I had a looksee here, hoping for some miracle. AND MATT IS BACK!
I am SO GLAD things are still happening!
This made my day :3

Time to read the news that got posted and hope for the best.

EDIT: glad to have 'Admin Tracker - GamersFirst Forums' back on my start-up browser folder :3

Edited by koenyboy500
text

Glad to see you back.
I wish you could actually Make APB 2 in UE 5.
If you didn't sell APB's IP

Wait anti cheat is off all this time?? So no threat and no anti cheat... Great combo.

2 hours ago, Temporal said:

Wait anti cheat is off all this time??

Where did you get that from?

5 hours ago, Temporal said:

Wait anti cheat is off all this time?? So no threat and no anti cheat... Great combo.

It's not exactly priority number one especially with next to no one playing!
Fasalina said their day is ruined, As much as I was hoping for a date or even a target for when some performance improvements to be rolled out... It's just another day in the calendar, just another year.

After years of heart ache, hope and frustration, it would be wise to not waste emotions over a long term issues which has spanned multiple years. That doesn't make me any less of a fan of APB, but crying a river isn't going to change a thing.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Temporal said:

Anti-cheat is on. They're using BattlEye

Matt is saying they're considering going back to using EAC once whatever major patch they're planning in lieu of the EU has dropped. EAC was far better than BattlEye and they only dropped it because some features didn't work with APB. IIRC, EAC initially said they'd work with LO to sort that but then later said it wasn't worth their time. Then they couldn't agree a reduced fee due to the reduced service.

Edited by MrChan

pinn back the topic pls..especially now when "trackin the engine upgrde" and "roadmap 2022" are gone

• Like 1

Empty promises or not, time will tell. This game’s fanbase is patient enough to wait no matter how toxic they are.

17 hours ago, MrChan said:

Anti-cheat is on. They're using BattlEye

Ah i see. So that's why there is no EAC popup at launch.

Sounds like a copie of Roadmap 2022.

And probably is...

Edit: If you look up Roadmap 2022 you will see some similarities.

Edited by Svrcko

On 8/6/2022 at 6:22 AM, MACKxBOLAN said:

@MattScott I'm speechless. I'd like to say too little too late, but you haven't given me the Little yet. n I Wont hold my breath.

I will thank you and commend you on the joker box revamp, however i Damn you for desegregation without an anticheat, 

and I Damn you for having the audacity to not show up for a year. 

I dont care about your 'other endeavors, and that is No Excuse.

After paying this company well over 3.grand + what others have paid  We have a Right to know if your Firm is still in business. 

You were sent multiple DM's, hundreds of forum threads based on your absence.

Your not showing up leads people to believe you are no longer with LO or that LO is no longer in business, 

therefore stymieing any armas spending, raising the toxicity level, and sowing distrust toward your staff.

How dare you leave us hanging like that, n letting your staff take the bullet for ya.

You're the Boss, then delegate some authority. Hire an assistant, a liaison.   

The dude just got done spending a shit TON of money and time trying to update this game and it didn't work out.  That's what owning a business is.  Spending your time and resources on things you know in your heart and soul are going to make everything better but ALOT of the times real life kicks your fuckin teeth in.  STFU up, SIT THE FUCK DOWN and be grateful Matt's still throwing money and time into a game that even broke I'm still grateful its around and has a chance.  PS i still luv ya MACK 🙂

5 hours ago, DOUBLEY said:

The dude

He had it coming.  He has no respect for us. All he had to do was drop in n say Hi.

Its the principal, I gaf about his upgrade other than that the upgrade is what it takes for an anticheat.

The man hasn't even acknowledged desegregation. 

Thats why I act the way I do, cuz Matt utterly refused to address the issue.

I literally changed my name over him not showing up to deal with the hackers being gold in bronze.

No I'm not gonna stop em, but somebody has to punish the gold sociopaths runnin around tking, toxic chatting, 

harrassing greens n bronze, mission blocking n ghosting, hacking, ect.

Kinda a bad thing, but Dub, I Like it. There is nothing more glorifying to the soul than to piss a gold off.

These are some of the most evil sociopaths in the world and their judgement is due. 

Some news is better than no news.

Appreciate the update.

Getting a bit excited for the future.

EDIT:

Please don't change the road around the Abington tower's map like you did in the 2.1 Beta version.

Way too many divots, bumps, clefts, dips and such. (got my car stuck on a divot once)

The current roadway around the map is difficult enough as it is.

Edited by Westford

So nothing certain was said, more tries and more promises to try. Empty words in the wind...

Honestly anyone still hoping and expecting anything at this point is delusional.

Edited by Weaboos

On 8/6/2022 at 3:29 PM, Cuve said:

Calm down cowboy 😂

I kind of agree with him, but I would have worded it slightly differently. 

Rather than come back every few months and apologize, which frankly has gotten old, Matt should have someone communicate with us on a regular basis.

A lot of people have spent a great deal of money on this game and have been promised big plans multiple times, so they buy things to help support the game they love. It simply isn't right to not communicate like that

It is hard to hear honest feedback sometimes, but many of the people giving the feedback have been around since day 1 and actually care

Merged.

On 8/6/2022 at 11:49 PM, Fasalina said:

No release dates for anything?

My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined. 

I agree

We need a roadmap and weekly (not monthly) updates

We should also not wait for the update to release the new content

Lets get the new contact added please