Jump to content
AlishaAzure

Merged thread - Removal of several reactions

Recommended Posts

Are you guys trying to stop the negativity?

Because this isn't Clearly the right way to do it.

 

There are tons of trolls and grifers in-game, still you think about forums and big patches which doesn't come with something that will Sterminate those type of "players".

This is a crime, leave annoying peoples inside the game, not putting couple dislikes under a topic for whatever reason.

 

Got no words. @Sakebee

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a change we have been looking at for a while. I did an audit and the downvote system didn't have any instances where it improved community interactions. They contribute very little and yet are used as a vehicle for some people to promote conflict without providing anything useful. If someone disagrees with a post, they can use their words and let the OP know why. Having an explanation if someone disagrees rather than an anonymous downvote makes for a much healthier environment for everyone involved.

  • Like 12
  • Thanks 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, AlishaAzure said:

Are you guys trying to stop the negativity?

Because this isn't Clearly the right way to do it.

 

There are tons of trolls and grifers in-game, still you think about forums and big patches which doesn't come with something that will Sterminate those type of "players".

This is a crime, leave annoying peoples inside the game, not putting couple dislikes under a topic for whatever reason.

 

Got no words. @Sakebee

Hello there AlishaAzure.
Unfortunately I must disagree with the opinion that you have written on APB Reloaded forums.
Sincerely,
Latsha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Sakebee said:

This is a change we have been looking at for a while. I did an audit and the downvote system didn't have any instances where it improved community interactions. They contribute very little and yet are used as a vehicle for some people to promote conflict without providing anything useful. If someone disagrees with a post, they can use their words and let the OP know why. Having an explanation if someone disagrees rather than an anonymous downvote makes for a much healthier environment for everyone involved.

So for you is good that you removed any reaction, except like and thanks, which seems you trying really to delete any negativity, and it doesn't work like that as i said.

The situation will not change if you thought that.

 

You just can't stop something, is a normal thing being negative, putting dislike, or funny reaction faces, i mean, in the lasts 15/20 years, but yes is normal.

Impossible to have 100% positives, which clearly im not going to put them because if i dislike something and i don't have time to reply/comment or i dont' want, i can't put my reaction.

 

If someone promote conflict warn that person, kick, ban,or whatever you need, what's your problem with that? Seems like you are scared of doing a move like that.

I think rules are there for something right? Then base yourself out of them and warn whoever do thigns that are against those.

I don't need to teach these things, you should know yourself alredy, i hope.

 

Reactions are anonymous only for who is member, if the forums are setted up right you should see who put them, so.. what's your issue with that, it doesn't make any sense honestly.

I really can't understand what was the issue.

1 minute ago, Latsha said:

Hello there AlishaAzure.
Unfortunately I must disagree with the opinion that you have written on APB Reloaded forums.
Sincerely,
Latsha

Are you a robot or a human? Lol

 

Anyway, alright, i appreciate your comment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AlishaAzure said:

So for you is good that you removed any reaction, except like and thanks, which seems you trying really to delete any negativity, and it doesn't work like that as i said.

The situation will not change if you thought that.

As I alluded to above, this isn't an attempt to prevent negativity. Rather, this is an effort to channel how feedback is presented. We welcome all feedback, positive or negative (provided our forum rules and TOS are followed). There is no effort here to prevent anyone from explaining why we (or someone else on the forums) are wrong. Rather, by removing the ability for people to anonymously press a downvote button and leave it at that, we are attempting to encourage this kind of more robust engagement. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was hoping to see reactions become non-anonymous so people get to see who agrees/disagrees with what.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LilyRain said:

I was hoping to see reactions become non-anonymous so people get to see who agrees/disagrees with what.

 

That would be great!

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Sakebee said:

They contribute very little and yet are used as a vehicle for some people to promote conflict without providing anything useful. If someone disagrees with a post, they can use their words and let the OP know why. Having an explanation if someone disagrees rather than an anonymous downvote makes for a much healthier environment for everyone involved.

I think I said it somewhere else but totally yes. It was very apparent the reactions were being used for malice and unhelpful means, seeing certain member's post always end up with a certain number of negative marks and also negative marks being placed on places where they just weren't called for, again the APB community gets the tinfoil medal for taking something that should be used for good and using it for bad. 

 

We only have ourselves to blame for its misuse and now removal.

3 hours ago, LilyRain said:

I was hoping to see reactions become non-anonymous so people get to see who agrees/disagrees with what.

I agree this would have been a nice alternative but probably would have the same effect as just removing them as, and I say this with all the expertise and knowledge of talking completely out of my butt, the element of anonymity was the driving force behind a lot of the negative reactions - force most people to put their names (even forum names) on to something and they're suddenly very polite. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Come on LO... don't youpube/facecuk this place too....

Plix in the plox... don't remove downvotes 😭

 

Reminds me of that game We happy few.

How am i supposed to troll now?... 😞

 

Oh man... i feel so sad...

Anyway... just wondering why this decision...

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And WHO EVER checks a dead section of this place?! You want to inform and explain to the little left of this dump, you place it where flies gather most, those sections nobody ever checks but ppl with particular issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Vnight said:

And WHO EVER checks a dead section of this place?! You want to inform and explain to the little left of this dump, you place it where flies gather most, those sections nobody ever checks but ppl with particular issues.

Each person can create a topic anywhere he so desires. It may right it may be wrong, sometimes it gets moved all together.

I would recommend you to checking out these sites first before making a thread of the same answer may have been answered before.

Admin tracker:

https://forums.gamersfirst.com/discover/6/

Everything on the forums:
https://forums.gamersfirst.com/discover/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right... if only anyone could access that as easy as it would sound with general discussion section.

For some reason it isn't easy to browse particular updated sections, as this forum statistics hud isn't exactly that "noob friendly" configured, as i used to be interested in those estranged places before, but with all those months outdated going on... it feels like you can forget about all of them.

Anyway, thank you for the info, i appreciate it.

Still the problem is i have no word in the topic, so the general discussion stands higher about it than that monitored and secluded thread.

There is no point to read a reason for something you don't agree on, and can't even call uppon it, cuz the topic gets locked, so yeah i much rather talk about it than just get a reason and a lockdown, even if its final, i still prefer to discuss it before having it finalized.

Either way im not going to check those places for particular topics. (i'm used to the general discussion mechanics), but thanx for bothering urself about it.

Edited by Vnight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really appreciate the change to the post reaction options; gets rid of a negative aspect of using the forum that petty people would use a lot for wrong reasons. Was funny to see a bunch of random posts of mine getting dislikes by a super salty boi tho. Hopefully people will start writing out why they disagree now, but I somewhat doubt it.

 

Either way - good change! +1

  • Like 16
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Vnight said:

-snip-

I don't feel it needs much discussion it was used to avoid discussion. They clicked a button to portray they were unhappy/displeased or not liking it without actually ever posting. This way you're kinda making people talk and type out there answers instead of mindlessly just downvoting/disliking whatever.

Those two links are 200% "noob-friendly" if you were to ask me, I just check them every once in a while if I want to see what's up or browse to a particular section.

 

Even more so after your "How am i supposed to troll now?... " am I happy that they disabled this functionality. I see it as a positive change.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah yes, I too like making likes and dislikes pointless.

 

Promotes wholesome chamber where people's opinions must be conveyed through angry comments rather than a simple reaction

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are right 🙂

But i want my downvotes back 😛

Edited by Vnight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dislike the removal.
Its fking stupid to not be able to downvote opinions I dont like.
Also I saw how many people I triggered with some stuff I said. Now the forum game is boring.

No sarcasm btw. 

  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So sad dislikes didnt count for the rep would be funny to see Todesklinge drop to -100k.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

nothing like getting 10 notifications, going to your profile, and seeing your last 10 posts disliked regardless of the content

 

 

Edited by 404
typo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, EvaPooh said:

I really appreciate the change to the post reaction options; gets rid of a negative aspect of using the forum that petty people would use a lot for wrong reasons. Was funny to see a bunch of random posts of mine getting dislikes by a super salty boi tho. Hopefully people will start writing out why they disagree now, but I somewhat doubt it.

 

Either way - good change! +1

 

The salty downvoters almost never showed themselves or had anything to say, just downvoted because their entitled opinion differs from yours.

You can even say something positive or helpful and get downvotes because person A just doesn't like you.

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...