Sign in to follow this  
Sakebee

Community Poll - Baylan Fightclub

Baylan Fightclub Missions Poll   

189 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• Takeouts/Kills (kill 150 enemy players before they do the same)
    • Territory Control (capture and hold key points to win)

i think you should remove some hard activities, i tried 10 times death to complete grenade kill and pistol kill.

9 minutes ago, PlayBad said:

i think you should remove some hard activities, i tried 10 times death to complete grenade kill and pistol kill.

some might need a little adjustment, but there's still the 'skip' feature...

5 minutes ago, Snubnose said:

some might need a little adjustment, but there's still the 'skip' feature...

6 minutes skip makes it hell. why not remove some activities that people skipped often ?

9 minutes ago, PlayBad said:

6 minutes skip makes it hell. why not remove some activities that people skipped often ?

because you don't remove content, you fix it.

Make both.

Capture Points : 4

Kill Count 150

Each owned Points gives a multi for Kills.

If a team hold 4 points, each kill counts 4x. = 38 kills to win.

3 Points = 50 kills.

2 points = 75 kills.

Just hold the point is ending in camping.

Capture, because we are tired of same deathmatch

21 hours ago, Frosi said:

Refer to this post by Sake further up.

right, thank you.

Objectives > Kills 

Something "new" is better I'm all for the Capture The Hill.

Honestly? In my opinion it doesn't matter either way. Played on FC for several years, quit not so long ago.

Spawn killing issue in takeouts missions was caused by fact that Baylan is too damn small for full population (and also because this spawn system seriously needs rework as it got only fixed spawn points about which pretty much everyone are aware of)

Can't see how capture territory would change that, after all objectives for JT activities won't change so pretty sure only part of population gonna be engaged in actual capture and second in killing.

As much as I don't mind territory control at all, why has Baylan Shipping been half empty since this new ruleset has been implemented?

Judging by the poll's result it should be the opposite.

Also please, lower the population cap back to 32, so more than 1 district will be active at a time and click spamming issues will be mitigated

On 8/17/2020 at 6:44 PM, Sakebee said:

My understanding is that mission rotation would require some code changes to implement. We are trying to keep those changes minimal since we want our engineers focused on the upgrade at this time. Also, any code changes we make now on live would have to be transferred into the upgrade, essentially creating double the workload.

If you can't implement a rotation, you could maybe just switch it with the weekly maintenance. Ofc only if it's the workload of a single click.

can't believe this many people actually want to keep territory control, it's an utter mess to play and really removed the senseless kill farming baylan had (which was very enjoyable) and gave us an open air asylum

also how can people complain about spawnkilling? this game is giving you the advantage of shooting first when spawned, y'all only problem may only be your own accuracy - never throughout hours of baylan gameplay have ever i felt that this map is easily exploitable with spawnkilling

Edited by Latsha

5 hours ago, Latsha said:

can't believe this many people actually want to keep territory control, it's an utter mess to play and really removed the senseless kill farming baylan had (which was very enjoyable) and gave us an open air asylum

Might feel like a mess but its refreshing.  Playing 100 kills for 7 years straight is mind numbing.  Only issue it has anyways is that its too long.

Still no idea why RP just perma locked Baylan like they did.

Honestly I prefer both. One thing that made Baylan so boring was that it was the same thing all the time, which is why Asylum is so much better. Have both of these modes in and your fine we need variety.

either way i would say Territory control is better but with less Points to win so it will be around ~10-12m, and hey it will give Baylan a new feeling so why not refurbish that neglected district abit.

Edited by ReaperTheButcher

I don't mind i don't play for objectives anyway lol. Just for the kills :^)

I was skeptical at first, but I think Territory control is fine for Baylan. I'm the guy named MustardInspector who is always in Baylan.

There is an issue though:

The Baylan objectives doesn't affect the activity goals (end goal for most is Joker Tickets) as it does in Asylum.

Explained:
In Asylum, there is a reason to try and win the mission/objectives because the activities there are about earning money and when you win you get more score = more money = You get your JT quicker.

In Baylan, there is not enough incentive to win the mission, in the sense that the activities there is usually about getting a certain number of kills with certain weapon types. So you can disregard the objectives and it will not affect how quickly you complete your objectives to earn your JT. That is why most people are there after all. For instance, if the mission situation would require me to capture some objectives and I need 10 kills with sniper rifles, there's no reason for me to try and capture objectives in the sense that I'll probably earn my JT quicker just focusing on my personal activity instead of helping the team.
This also leads to people some times not caring about the objectives in general, since it doesn't help him/herself nor the team earning JTs.

So then you'd need the same kind of activities as in asylum for the Terrotiry control to make sense reward-wise since it's only the number of completed activities that decides how quickly you earn your JT. Or you need to add an additional incentive to win the FC rounds in Baylan. I mean, yes, you get more points/money if you win, but most people are there mainly for JT.

Edited by Cr0
  • Like 2

Gotta admit I haven't played the apparent current implementation of Territory Control, I'll argue purely based on previous versions of that mode which existed in the game.

Territory Control or Domination, as other games would call it, is probably the best mode for Baylan. It encourages players to fight in the actual set-pieces of the map, allowing both long range and short range engagements.

Takeouts/Kills or Team Deathmatch, as other games would call it, mostly left the inner part of the map unused, because players would always focus on the spawn areas. This also heavily reduced gameplay variety, because it mostly boiled down to long range engagements or explosives-spam.

Now one important change that would, in my opinion, improve Baylan in general would be fixed spawn-sides for each faction. But not North/South based, but instead East/West.

As far as I'm concerned the Southern spawn area is superior to the Northern one, as it allows for better access to the inner part of the map - especially on foot. The Northern area can more easily be locked down for spawn-camping.

The East and West provide more cover for spawning, especially when nobody can spawn to the North or South.

On 8/18/2020 at 3:02 AM, NotZombieBiscuit said:

The real issue here though is that it is just not a good map. It was not designed for fight club from the ground up.

I'll go out on a limb here and say that Baylan is the best Fight Club map. It offers the greatest and most balanced variety of combat ranges and is very easy to digest both visually and mechanically. There are no complicated or incomprehensible routes, but it still offers a couple of shortcuts/trick jumps.

Its greatest weakness is poor access (i.e. barely any cover to move) from the spawns to the inner part. The TDM-mode exacerbated this problem, because fighting mostly took place in the spawn area and much less in the actual meat of the map.

In comparison, the Asylum is a convoluted, visually confusing house of horror. It does, hands down, have the best atmosphere of all maps in APB. But as far as I'm concerned it also has the least variety in gameplay. It is almost exclusively built around short range engagements. The few areas which allow for medium or long range combat can pretty much all be circled around to still force opponents into CQC.

Of course this flexibility in access to various areas is also its biggest strength. I love outmanoeuvring opponents on this map, despite the fact that it usually takes a while to get around an area, because most routes take you on a little detour.

The Beacon is too vertical, I think. In some games verticality is great, but in APB it only works well when adding to a good horizontal playing field. Since Beacon has a very small footprint, there is too great a lack of horizontality to make proper use of its vertical features. If the concept of two opposing towers was more fleshed out, it would probably work better. But with their very close proximity to each other it also mostly boils down to short range engagements with the occasional medium range skirmish sprinkled on top. Snipers work better on Beacon than they do in the Asylum, but they don't shine nearly as much as the concept of the map would suggest.

Just now, Revoluzzer said:

Best still doesn't make it good.

Sakebee: 
We can't do any coding things rn cause engine update.

Everyone:
Can you add in all these coding things?

But srsly, to me Baylame (yes I'm stealing that) was always a terrible spawn-spam-fest the fights barely ever reached out of two main areas with the only breaks being when people were running through the maze to get from one shooting barrel to the other. So I welcome our new Territory Control overlords, but this is all just evidence that Asylum is just so much better in every way.

So my coding thing to add in is to delete Baylame and just add in a palette swapped version of Asylum with different spawn points, they'll love it.

So the reason why people get spawncamped is because of the balance of teams, if one team is rollin over the other then just offer a bonus for joining the team gettin rolled.

Its not like people dont play both sides.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2020 at 3:23 PM, Mozie said:

So the reason why people get spawncamped is because of the balance of teams, if one team is rollin over the other then just offer a bonus for joining the team gettin rolled.

Its not like people dont play both sides.

Better yet, why don't we make fightclub have it's own teams like they did with RIOT or certain event districts? That way teams can be autobalanced instead of 5 crims getting rolled on by 16 enforcers? Of course after the engine update and stuff is done. You could spin it as 2 companies warring with each other and paying hired guns from both sides to collect combat data or something for their R&D department.

and one more thing....

The P5 in fightclub is equally useless in mission as in flightclub districts, so can you please remove that there as well?

Merged.

On 8/22/2020 at 9:09 PM, KnifuWaifu said:

... Asylum is just so much better in every way.

So my coding thing to add in is to delete Baylame and just add in a palette swapped version of Asylum with different spawn points, they'll love it.

Do you remember when LO said they would remove Baylan? Enough people complained that they decided to keep it.

Could you change FC Asylum to Territory Control, item held is just awful. You have all the players in one place of the map spamming O-PGLs and grenades 24/7

Sign in to follow this